HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sabres Talk - Proposals, Speculation, Roster-shaping

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-14-2013, 01:29 PM
  #1026
Der Jaeger
Registered User
 
Der Jaeger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Northern Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,985
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabresandcanucks View Post
Me three.
I would too.

Der Jaeger is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 01:30 PM
  #1027
stokes84
Registered User
 
stokes84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Charleston, SC
Country: United States
Posts: 6,684
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to stokes84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
CoHo is doing a fine job centering the primary scoring line...
Sure, if you consider having highest percentage of even strength goals being scored against while he's on the ice of any player in the NHL fine, I agree.

stokes84 is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 01:37 PM
  #1028
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 33,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stokes84 View Post
Sure, if you consider having highest percentage of even strength goals being scored against while he's on the ice of any player in the NHL fine, I agree.
14th worst you mean?

Do you expect the on ice save % to hold over a season? I don't.
Do you think that Vanek hanging back (we've benefited from those counter attacks) has anything to do with it?

Jame is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 01:40 PM
  #1029
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS
 
Stop Winnin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Buffalo
Posts: 8,513
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Navy Goat View Post
I guess the Derek Roy's, Jason Pominville types in the second + rounds never counted
Well I meant more like the Patrice Bergeron player that is good offensively and can play a shutdown role. As opposed to our Gaustads/Roys.

Stop Winnin is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 01:43 PM
  #1030
stokes84
Registered User
 
stokes84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Charleston, SC
Country: United States
Posts: 6,684
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to stokes84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
14th worst you mean?

Do you expect the on ice save % to hold over a season? I don't.
Do you think that Vanek hanging back (we've benefited from those counter attacks) has anything to do with it?
I don't know. Vanek has a positive +/- and a positive corsi. Hodgson is negative in both. Hodgson is truly bad in his own end statistically. Vigneault wouldn't put him on the ice in defensive spots, and it looks like he had a clue. If ROR came here for Ennis, I would put him with Vanek and Poms because they see top competition. I'd hope that Hodgson could create enough on his own to replace Ennis, but I'm not convinced.

This has him listed as the worst, not 14th.

http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/rati...0&sortdir=DESC


Last edited by stokes84: 02-14-2013 at 01:50 PM.
stokes84 is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 01:49 PM
  #1031
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 33,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stokes84 View Post
I don't know. Vanek has a positive +/- and a positive corsi. Hodgson is negative in both. Hodgson is truly bad in his own end statistically. Vigneault wouldn't put him on the ice in defensive spots, and it looks like he had a clue. If ROR came here for Ennis, I would put him with Vanek and Poms because they see top competition. I'd hope that Hodgson could create enough on his own to replace Ennis, but I'm not convinced.
That would be silly...

Jame is offline  
Old
02-14-2013, 02:07 PM
  #1032
gallagt01
Registered User
 
gallagt01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sloan
Posts: 8,333
vCash: 500
Ennis and McNabb for O'Reilly and a pick/prospect.

Gerbe and Leopold for Boyle and ______.

You lose some already-lacking secondary scoring but you shore up the center situation and add some defensive chops to the forward group.

gallagt01 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:52 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.