HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Sabres Talk - Proposals, Speculation, Roster-shaping

Closed Thread

Old
01-26-2013, 09:33 AM
Royisgone

vCash: 500
Can we work Stafford into the deal? Please?

Old
01-26-2013, 09:41 AM
McTank

Stafford
Leopold
2nd/prospect
For
Bobby Ryan

Old
01-26-2013, 09:48 AM
Ace1963

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehDoak View Post
2 losses, TRADE EVERYONE
More like 6 years.

Old
01-26-2013, 10:21 AM
joshjull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
Ennis and leopold
For
Oreilly
Would absolutely love this. Which is why I'm doubtful the Avs would even consider it.

Old
01-26-2013, 11:44 AM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
Would absolutely love this. Which is why I'm doubtful the Avs would even consider it.
everything starts to fall into place so much better with a center like Oreilly

the 1st line... is not an issue
Van-Hodgson-Poms - true 1st line... done

XXXX-O'reilly-XXXX - the heavy lifting 2 way line aka the drury line

xxxx-Grigorenko-xxxxx - the young center of the future line... gets choice matchups, no pressure, etc

you get to bring Armia into the picture on the Grigs line, and if you are smart you put a savy vet on their wing

the Oreilly line needs some bang and jam (foligno)

an ennis/oreilly trade speeds up this rebuild

Old
01-26-2013, 11:47 AM
JPurp26

vCash: 300
Quote:

xxxx-Grigorenko-xxxxx - the young center of the future line... gets choice matchups, no pressure, etc

you get to bring Armia into the picture on the Grigs line, and if you are smart you put a savy vet on their wing

I like where your heads at but our team is slow. Trading Ennis only makes it worse. We already have difficulty skating with other teams.

Old
01-26-2013, 11:48 AM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky Gleason View Post
Myers
Adam

O'Reilly
Barrie
Quote:
Ennis and leopold
For
Oreilly
Colorado doesn't do either of those, unless we're operating under the assumption that they've given up any and all hope that they can sign ROR to a palatable deal--in which case, that'd become our problem. Regarding BG's proposal, Adam is an average prospect at this point, and doesn't hold the value that Barrie does. And regarding Jame's proposal, I just can't see the Avs making that deal, and I don't think Leo has much value to them.

Old
01-26-2013, 11:51 AM
Zip15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyAreGoodScaryGood View Post
Stafford
Leopold
2nd/prospect
For
Bobby Ryan
For those of you who picked 4 games as the answer to "When will we see the first Bobby-Ryan-to-the-Sabres proposal of the season," you win! I wonder how many different proposals Sabres fans will find this year that will be two dimes and a nickel for Anaheim's quarter (Stafford + Adam + 2nd has been retired, and Roy + Adam + 2nd is impossible now).

Old
01-26-2013, 12:20 PM
McTank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
For those of you who picked 4 games as the answer to "When will we see the first Bobby-Ryan-to-the-Sabres proposal of the season," you win! I wonder how many different proposals Sabres fans will find this year that will be two dimes and a nickel for Anaheim's quarter (Stafford + Adam + 2nd has been retired, and Roy + Adam + 2nd is impossible now).
I know its been talked about to death but Ryans just such a perfect fit here

Old
01-26-2013, 12:23 PM
Zip15

Quote:
I know its been talked about to death but Ryans just such a perfect fit here
He's a perfect fit on 30 teams, sadly. And many would be able to offer better packages than us.

Old
01-26-2013, 01:13 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Colorado doesn't do either of those, unless we're operating under the assumption that they've given up any and all hope that they can sign ROR to a palatable deal--in which case, that'd become our problem. Regarding BG's proposal, Adam is an average prospect at this point, and doesn't hold the value that Barrie does. And regarding Jame's proposal, I just can't see the Avs making that deal, and I don't think Leo has much value to them.
I think we overrate other team's players as much as our own sometimes...

what deal can you see the Avs making? in an Oreilly deal?

Old
01-26-2013, 01:16 PM
sba

Send a message via AIM to sba
I think if the Avs deal ROR it's for a significant blueline upgrade.

Old
01-26-2013, 06:41 PM
McTank

I know this has been shot down before but in a time where secondary scoring is zero why not aquire omark for next to nothing, kid is tearing it up in europe

Old
01-27-2013, 06:49 PM
Moskau

vCash: 100
Quote:
I know this has been shot down before but in a time where secondary scoring is zero why not aquire omark for next to nothing, kid is tearing it up in europe
His skillset is perfect for Europe. He's not an NHL player and has next to no trade value.

Old
01-27-2013, 07:53 PM
sabresEH

Is anyone else really open to the idea of trading Myers? When he was with the rockets he would do stuff that would make you question whether or not myers know what hockey is. We drafted him and he stepped his game up at the junior level. I thought well maybe he can develop some hockey sense down the road. He came into the Nhl and we thoughtt we had a future norris winner.
But the more i watch him at the NHL level the more i realize he doesnt have the smarts/sense to become what it takes to win a norris. His package is intriguing. A guy that size that can skate that well. He shot up the draft rankings for a reason. But didnt fully make it up there for a reason. No iq.
If we were to trade him it would be for another dman and preferably one from the west so we dont have to see Myers often(like dealing kass to vancouver). One guy off the top of my head is bogosian. Winnipeg will be moving to the west and bogo has the potential myers does of being a number one dman but hasnt put it all together yet.

Old
01-27-2013, 10:03 PM
McTank

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabresEH View Post
Is anyone else really open to the idea of trading Myers? When he was with the rockets he would do stuff that would make you question whether or not myers know what hockey is. We drafted him and he stepped his game up at the junior level. I thought well maybe he can develop some hockey sense down the road. He came into the Nhl and we thoughtt we had a future norris winner.
But the more i watch him at the NHL level the more i realize he doesnt have the smarts/sense to become what it takes to win a norris. His package is intriguing. A guy that size that can skate that well. He shot up the draft rankings for a reason. But didnt fully make it up there for a reason. No iq.
If we were to trade him it would be for another dman and preferably one from the west so we dont have to see Myers often(like dealing kass to vancouver). One guy off the top of my head is bogosian. Winnipeg will be moving to the west and bogo has the potential myers does of being a number one dman but hasnt put it all together yet.
Not unless we got a big return, I'm still counting on him to be a top pairing defenseman

Old
01-27-2013, 10:09 PM
Fire Lindy
Trust the System

I would certainly not be opposed to trading Myers if there was a good deal on the table. My expectations for him seem to go down every season, but at this point in time he still has good trade value, despite having a big contract. He had a great rookie season winning the Calder and that forced us to pay the big bucks for him. Right now, he is being overpaid and it's uncertain how is future will be.

Old
01-27-2013, 10:56 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Lindy View Post
I would certainly not be opposed to trading Myers if there was a good deal on the table. My expectations for him seem to go down every season, but at this point in time he still has good trade value, despite having a big contract. He had a great rookie season winning the Calder and that forced us to pay the big bucks for him. Right now, he is being overpaid and it's uncertain how is future will be.
Agreed, I wouldn't mind flipping him for Subban. Lower ceiling but its a pretty safe bet he's going to be a #2-4 guy that plays on your top PP unit.

Old
01-28-2013, 12:21 AM
drinking bleach irl
p trendy tbh

vCash: 300
According to the Trade Board the Avs are looking for a young forward and a 2nd for ROR.

Stafford + 2nd? If he's not "young," bump it to a 1st?

V-H-P
F-O'R-E
L-G-O
K-E-G

I just want a FORE line.

Old
01-28-2013, 04:00 AM
Imlach a cup

This is a response to comment by Jame in a different thread that I thought would be more appropriately placed here.

" recognize where this franchise is in the rebuilding process... and approach the game with that in mind"

A franchise that is still 2-3 seasons from having enough mature talent to meaningfully impact a hockey game. Make the moves now to build a second scoring line for Grigorenko, secure Vanek and Poms for Hodgson, and sort out the Myers situation. Get a defense minded veteran, preferably with cup experience, to anchor a shut down line with Girgs.

Vanek Hodgson Pominville
Armia Grigorenko Ott
Tropp Girgenson Foligno

The current roster has too many players occupying the same roles while other roles are unfilled. I'd be interested to find out what kind of player a Myers/Ennis package could return. Could we get a player of Myers value back that plays a more truculent style on the back end and is a little less of a puck mover? Can we get developed versions of Armia/Girgenson so as not to be locked into their development? These are the kind of moves meant (at least by me) when the phrase signature move is used. A high ceiling prospect and a quality roster player for a bonafide all star.

This isn't an oh god skies falling post, this is a I expect to see a move made that I don't think "ya Toms teams would do that". The Kassian trade was a start, now go get the rest of the pieces. The short to mid term success of this team (2-5 years) hinges on the young talent maturing fast enough and successfully enough to be ready before Miller, Poms and Vanek are over the hill. Currently that means 6 undeveloped players (Myers, McNabb, Grigs, Girgs, Armia, and Hodgson) need to reach their potential in 2 seasons then get their NHL chops in maybe only a season of experience. While there's plenty of time for Hodgson, Myers and Grigs it may not be enough for Armia, Girgs and McNabb. I think this leaves too much to chance and with cap structure changing next season now may be a prime time to strike.

Last edited by Imlach a cup: 01-28-2013 at 04:06 AM.
Old
01-28-2013, 04:08 AM
wunderpanda
Sabretage

Ennis, Stafford, Sekera to LA

for Dustin Brown and Stoll

We trade some redundant parts for a good 3rd centre and high character winger

Vanek-CoHo-Pommer
Lieno-Grigs-Brown
Gerbe-Stoll-Foligno
Hecht-Ott-Kaleta

Old
01-28-2013, 07:56 AM
stokes84

Send a message via AIM to stokes84
Quote:

I'm not getting why Hodgson is getting a free pass. He's riding Vanek and Pominville's coattails like Luke Adam did last year, and he still only has three points. Meanwhile, the other 2/3rds of that line is closing on double digits. The kid is a mess in his own zone, is a worse than average skater, and can't win a face-off for his life. Ennis should have the same number of points as him (Kaleta's assist was really his yesterday on the Foligno goal), yet he's doing it with linemates that asleep. If it were up to me, I'd bump Ennis up to the top line and let your three best forwards get it done. Trading Ennis instead of Hodgson makes no sense, as Ennis is better than Cody in almost every way.

Old
01-28-2013, 08:08 AM
Zip15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky Gleason View Post
According to the Trade Board the Avs are looking for a young forward and a 2nd for ROR.

Stafford + 2nd? If he's not "young," bump it to a 1st?

V-H-P
F-O'R-E
L-G-O
K-E-G

I just want a FORE line.
Unfortunately, that's based on a Garrioch report. I don't give that guy much credibility, as he's incorrect exponentially more than he's correct. In any event, I don't think Stafford is really a "young" forward anymore. If they're giving up RoR, and are truly seeking a "young" forward, I think they'd want a guy on an ELC or, at most, a fair second contract.

Their fans say they'd need a top-3 LH defenseman that can be paired with EJ. I tend to trust that they have their fingers on the team's pulse, and are more attuned to their own team's needs than someone like Garrioch. Assuming that's the case, we could try to build a deal around Sekera.

Sekera + 2013 2nd (Should be between 31-40 )

Heck, I'd even throw in another asset like Adam/Tropp if that's what it took. This roster desperately needs someone like ROR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wunderpanda View Post
Ennis, Stafford, Sekera to LA

for Dustin Brown and Stoll

We trade some redundant parts for a good 3rd centre and high character winger

Vanek-CoHo-Pommer
Lieno-Grigs-Brown
Gerbe-Stoll-Foligno
Hecht-Ott-Kaleta
No chance, unfortunately. The Cup winners aren't trading their captain five games into the next season.

Old
01-28-2013, 08:24 AM
Duddy
Everyday is

Man, I'd hate losing Rej.

But if we get ROR, we could trade Ennis for some D help.

Old
01-28-2013, 08:33 AM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duddy View Post
Man, I'd hate losing Rej.

But if we get ROR, we could trade Ennis for some D help.
Tradining Ennis+ for O'reilly is the only deal that makes sense.

O'reilly fits exactly what this team is missing presently, and going forward as we continue the rebuild process.

But for some reason, around here he gets treated like he's a 70 point center with a Conn Smythe on his resume

Closed Thread