HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Kansas City at Philadelphia (Sept. 19, 8:25 p.m. ET; NFLN)

Closed Thread

Old
02-03-2013, 09:44 PM
Hollywood Couturier

vCash: 500
god awful non call. Refs were pretty bad all night. Maybe it is my bias since I bet on the 49ers but i've seen a few offsides and that non call on the holding is unforgivable.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
02-03-2013, 09:47 PM
SuchySays

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
49ers should have won.

That was an obvious holding call missed

meh. both were fighting for the ball.. ball was thrown 10 feet over his head.

good no call.

Old
02-03-2013, 09:47 PM
SolidSnakeUS

One of the most insane football games ever decided by a really ****** call in the end zone.

Old
02-03-2013, 09:49 PM
TheLegendkiller

Wild ass game.

Old
02-03-2013, 09:54 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchySays View Post
meh. both were fighting for the ball.. ball was thrown 10 feet over his head.

good no call.
Being held onto prevented him from getting where the ball would have been

That's a terrible missed call.

Old
02-03-2013, 10:01 PM
MRxBLACK
Charlie don't surf!

vCash: 559
Good no call. Ball was uncatchable.

Congrats to our ex-special teams coach.

Old
02-03-2013, 10:09 PM
Justified
Amaro out

vCash: 673
the flag on akers was terrible and so was the play where flacco was hit out of bounds. bad calls happen.

Old
02-03-2013, 10:15 PM
RussianRocket10

Watching this game really made me realize how much the Eagles sucked this year.

Old
02-03-2013, 10:16 PM
SuchySays

Quote:
Being held onto prevented him from getting where the ball would have been

That's a terrible missed call.
yeah. out of bounds.

smh.

You can't call holding when the QB throws the ball 1 second after the snap, it's just not realistic or fair. And PI went out the window when Kap lofted the ball straight out of bounds.

Dont play like **** for an entire half and put yourself in position to rely on a (would be) ****** call and gift wrapped four downs from the one.

Old
02-03-2013, 10:22 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Crabtree wasnt helping his cause by doing some hand checking as well. Kapernick rushed the throw and it went out of bounds anyway.
The more obvious missed call was the offside that was missed on the 2 pointer when it was 31-29

Old
02-03-2013, 10:22 PM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxBLACK View Post
Good no call. Ball was uncatchable.

Congrats to our ex-special teams coach.
Because he was held up. The ball landed just out of bounds. It was borderline, but that ball was definitely catchable if he doesn't get held up.

Old
02-03-2013, 10:44 PM
Devastate

That was an insane game. I'm glad I wasn't rooting for anyone. It was easy to enjoy

Old
02-03-2013, 11:06 PM
flyguy
Sean Cubeturier

Send a message via AIM to flyguy
Will definitely go down as one of the strangest Super Bowls ever. I'm glad the Ravens won considering the power outage delay completely wrecked their momentum.

Old
02-03-2013, 11:34 PM
Jtown

vCash: 539
No doubt that was holding at the end. Brutal missed call. These refs were horrible all game.

Old
02-03-2013, 11:47 PM
RussianRocket10

Merrill Reese just said a stat on the sports during CBS News that for the 4th straight season, the team the Eagles played in their home opener went on to win the Super Bowl that year.

Old
02-04-2013, 12:02 AM
FlyingHigh28*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justified View Post
the flag on akers was terrible and so was the play where flacco was hit out of bounds. bad calls happen.
The flag on Akers wasn't terrible. He was totally rolled up by a guy who made no contact with the ball and Akers didn't jump into it at all. That's textbook running into the kicker. And in fact, it should've been 15 yards because he was knocked to the ground by the force. The Ravens caught a break.

Chris Chase of yahoo posted some BS article about it being a "flop", but the accompanying GIF actually proves it totally wasn't. Akers does his usual post-contact hop and then has his ankle run through by the defenders arm/hand. It caused an injury that made his subsequent kickoffs short. Here's the link: http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon...p-gif/1889289/

As far as the hit out of bounds goes, Flacco was hit within one step of when he was allegedly out of bounds and the referees ruled that he actually didn't step out (they gave him the incompletion instead). So I dunno where that's coming from.

The 49ers certainly got the raw end of the stick tonight from the officials. The worst no-call on that last drive though wasn't even the holding on 4th down, it was the blatant headshot to a defenseless WR on 3rd down. For a league that's allegedly emphasizing player safety and has screwed teams over on much less blatant hits all year long, it was pretty ironic that the whistles were silent. Here's a YT link (I apologize for the annoying dude talking in the background but it's the only YT I could find)

Old
02-04-2013, 12:07 AM
FlyingHigh28*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchySays View Post
yeah. out of bounds.

smh.

You can't call holding when the QB throws the ball 1 second after the snap, it's just not realistic or fair. And PI went out the window when Kap lofted the ball straight out of bounds.

A ball that lands a foot or so out of bounds is easily catchable by a 6'3 WR. Come on now buddy, use your head, it's not hard. If Crabtree was given a free release there, he's absolutely in position to catch that ball and it probably would've been a pretty easy one at that.

Dont play like **** for an entire half and put yourself in position to rely on a (would be) ****** call and gift wrapped four downs from the one.
This I agree 100% on. The Ravens deserved to win this game, they played a better game and were much more consistent and much more aggressive in their playcalling, and the 49ers really have nobody to blame but themselves, however that doesn't excuse crappy officiating.
^^^^

Old
02-04-2013, 12:08 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

^^^Chris Chase is an idiot. I thought the call with running into the kicker was the right call. dont think there was any malace there.
It wasnt a well officiated game by any stretch, but I still feel the refs should of kept the flags in the pockets at the end on that 4th down play. Crabtree was pushing off as well.
With the rules that greatly benefit offensive players I was suprised at the nocall actually. That was not a good throw by Kapernick anyway.

Old
02-04-2013, 01:08 AM
Krishna

pushing off or trying to break free?

Old
02-04-2013, 01:21 AM
FlyingHigh28*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
^^^Chris Chase is an idiot. I thought the call with running into the kicker was the right call. dont think there was any malace there.
It wasnt a well officiated game by any stretch, but I still feel the refs should of kept the flags in the pockets at the end on that 4th down play. Crabtree was pushing off as well.
With the rules that greatly benefit offensive players I was suprised at the nocall actually. That was not a good throw by Kapernick anyway.
NFL rules are so tough to follow, so I could see where you might make a mistake on roughing versus running into the kicker.

There doesn't have to be any malice though, the official rule is that if significant contact is made with the non-kicking foot (the plant foot as occurs in this case) and the kicker is taken to the ground, it's supposed to be the 15 yard roughing of the kicker. It was a reckless play and deserved the 15 yard variety and in any other game this season, it would've been a 15 yarder. You cannot make contact to the back of a kicker's plant leg and cause injury and get away w/ nothing but a retry of the kick.

I can understand where you say no harm was meant by the defensive player (and I agree). And I can understand where you feel there wasn't a ton of contact or a really brutal collision (I agree), but by the letter of the NFL rules, that was a 15 yard roughing the kicker penalty.

I would also like to hear your opinion of the 3rd down helmet to helmet hit that I posted. To me, that's a clear-cut personal foul penalty and an automatic first down. The Ravens player deliberately ran through Crabtree's helmet.

As far as the 4th down play goes, we'll have to agree to disagree. I cannot fault Crabtree for trying to push off after it's clear he's being held and the refs aren't going to do anything about it. I would've been fine w/ a 5 yard defensive holding penalty, it didn't need to be a pass interference, but something needed to be called there. You cannot grab onto a WR w/ both hands and hold on for dear life on what was essentially the last chance for the 49ers. Also, while that ball might not have been the best throw ever, it was catchable and I think Crabtree makes that catch if he's not held. The ball only landed a foot or a foot and a half out of bounds and Crabtree is 6'2. The holding significantly impeded him.

Old
02-04-2013, 01:23 AM
mercury

Quote:
pushing off or trying to break free?
Pushing off, but the defender got a handful of jersey. That ball was a lot further than one foot out of bounds, though. The end zone sideline is four yards wide, and it landed smack dab in the middle of it. Catchable in the air in stride, maybe. I definitely would not want to call PI on that, but a defensive would not be any more offensive than the non-call.

Old
02-04-2013, 01:42 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingHigh28 View Post
I would also like to hear your opinion of the 3rd down helmet to helmet hit that I posted. To me, that's a clear-cut personal foul penalty and an automatic first down. The Ravens player deliberately ran through Crabtree's helmet.

As far as the 4th down play goes, we'll have to agree to disagree. I cannot fault Crabtree for trying to push off after it's clear he's being held and the refs aren't going to do anything about it. I would've been fine w/ a 5 yard defensive holding penalty, it didn't need to be a pass interference, but something needed to be called there. You cannot grab onto a WR w/ both hands and hold on for dear life on what was essentially the last chance for the 49ers. Also, while that ball might not have been the best throw ever, it was catchable and I think Crabtree makes that catch if he's not held. The ball only landed a foot or a foot and a half out of bounds and Crabtree is 6'2. The holding significantly impeded him.
never noticed at at the time but it should of been a penalty. I think its very debatable if that was a "catchable" ball or not. Does he get to that spot as well? Who knows.
No denying it wasnt the best officated game. There was the offside on Reed on the 2 point conversion as well. Too bad SF waited until after the power outage to start moving the ball. They may have won the game.

Old
02-04-2013, 06:50 AM
chimrichalds18
the key

If that pass on 4th down wasn't catchable, why didn't the ref(s) signal so? It wasn't ruled uncatchable, it was ruled incomplete.

Old
02-04-2013, 07:09 AM
MRxBLACK
Charlie don't surf!

vCash: 559
49ers should have showed up to play in the first half. They only have themselves to blame.

Old
02-04-2013, 07:32 AM
Jack de la Hoya

49ers wideout pushed off--including extending an arm to the Ravens' corner's head to create some separation.

At most, its offsetting.

Closed Thread