HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

What Horcoff/Hemsky/Whitney Worth?

Old
01-15-2013, 07:41 PM
Spitsfan67*

vCash: 500
What Horcoff/Hemsky/Whitney Worth?

I believe that it's only a matter of time before the older guys are on there way out of Oil Country (Horcoff,Hemsky,Whitney)...so what do you think there worth and what would you offer.

Spitsfan67* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 07:46 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
What do you want for Hemsky?

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 07:48 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
I believe that it's only a matter of time before the older guys are on there way out of Oil Country (Horcoff,Hemsky,Whitney)...so what do you think there worth and what would you offer.
Depends, are the Oilers at the point where they want NHL players back, prospects, or do they want picks?

ScoreZeGoals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 07:48 PM
Aceonfire
Las Vegas Aces

Hemsky and Whitney are no longer alternate captains. Krueger is very much about having a positive attitude. Whitney can be a pretty negative guy and Hemsky is very quiet.

Not sure on Hemsky but my guess is that Whitney's time in EDM is coming to a close.

Aceonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 07:50 PM
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting

I'd give a 3rd and a B/C+ prospect for Hemsky

Seatoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 07:53 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
Depends, are the Oilers at the point where they want NHL players back, prospects, or do they want picks?
I think they would be looking for players maybe that haven't lived up to expectations buT have a pretty high ceiling when it comes to potential...they want players that will fit in to there core of young players.

Spitsfan67* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 07:59 PM
oilers4life5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatoo View Post
I'd give a 3rd and a B/C+ prospect for Hemsky
Not even close. Start with your first and a b prospect.

oilers4life5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 08:01 PM
hurricanedave

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers4life5 View Post
I would agree with 1st and B prospect, but only if he plays well and is healthy come trade deadline.

hurricanedave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 08:04 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Hemsky needs to play and produce, before he's traded. If he remains healthy, a 1st and a prospect sounds about right.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 08:10 PM
Devilspuppet666

vCash: 250
to many ?'s for hemsky and whitney it terms of health and in a shortened/compressed scheduled that may decrease value to some GM's

Devilspuppet666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 08:12 PM
Auger

Horcorff has negative value. Hemsky would be a nice complementary piece if he can actually play a game or two. Not worth trying to acquire him, he gets paid too much to take that risk.

Auger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 08:18 PM
victor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
Hemsky needs to play and produce, before he's traded. If he remains healthy, a 1st and a prospect sounds about right.
I expect that Horcoff's contract will be bought out, not next summer, but the summer after. No value for trade, and fills the 3c role in Edmonton.

Whitney and Hemsky need to have healthy, productive seasons. From reports from camp, it sounds like both are healthy for the first time in years. Whitney will be paired on the 3rd pairing, and Hemsky on the 2nd line with Yakupov and Gagner. As a fantasy pick, Hemsky and Gagner should be interesting - they'll be playing against 2nd pairing defenders, and if they're healthy, they could have career years.

victor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 08:19 PM
CNS
A World Alone

vCash: 672
Penner for Hemsky straight up sounds fair.

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 08:23 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Interested in Whitney for the Rangers. Gonna expect an outrageous response, but what would the Oilers want from the NYR?

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 08:31 PM
Roof Daddy

I highly doubt all 3 are being shopped given how young the team is. Horc isn't really a moveable piece and will likely be under the microscope big time in deciding whether he is a buyout candidate in the offseason. It would cost us greater assets than what we get in return due to his negative value.

Whitney is said to have healed to near full recovery, at least enough to train at full capacity unlike the last year and a half. Prior to his major injury at that time he had played like a legit top pair guy. There was also an article on how Kruger ripped him (in a positive, challenging way) in his closing interview at the end of last season that Whitney said inspired him in some ways. Given D is our biggest weakness I don't see him going unless we're out of the playoff race at the deadline.

Hemsky probably had the most frustrating year of his career last year. Injury woes continued and it became a reality he is no longer the focal point of our offence, something I think bothered him very much (it was very visible on the ice sometimes). But it's not like the guys skill and talent level disappeared overnight, and I think having an injury free start in a less physical Czech league to re-gain some confidence, coupled with knowing his role (Kruger more or less has his starting lineup written in stone, with Hemmer playing the right side on the second line alongside Gagner and Yakupov), I think Hemmer is poised for a major bounce back season.

So really, the only guy any Oiler fan would want to move out of the three has no value. The other 2 (judging by the first Hemsky offer) will be low ball offers due to recent injury woes that aren't remotely enticing. Any current deal for Whitney or Hemsky would have to be of enough value for Kruger to think it is more beneficial than being patient and hoping for a return to form. Those offers aren't going to be out there.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 08:34 PM
billybudd
5 Mike Rupps

Horcoff: the value of his contract when the Oilers buy him out. In a trade, the Oilers would have to add while getting little in return (like, Chris Campoli signed at league minimum, little) or take some terrible contract (like, Dipietro terrible)

Hemsky: a pick (somewhere between 2nd and 4th round) and a C prospect

Whitney: good question...not sure. Whitney has some problems, but there are more jobs for puck-moving D than there are puck-moving D, and the one thing Whitney does do really well is make a first pass. Whitney's value is impossible to judge. He might be worth nothing. He might be worth decent return.

billybudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 08:36 PM
billybudd
5 Mike Rupps

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers4life5 View Post
If the Oilers think that way, enjoy keeping him. It's been 4 years since the guy broke the 20 goal mark and he's constantly hurt. Even when he's not hurt, he hasn't produced much lately.

billybudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 08:41 PM
victor

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybudd View Post
If the Oilers think that way, enjoy keeping him. It's been 4 years since the guy broke the 20 goal mark and he's constantly hurt. Even when he's not hurt, he hasn't produced much lately.
I'd bet that they will. Hemsky's playing on a line with Gagner and Yakupov, and will be playing against 2nd pairing defenders for the first time in years. Him feeding Yakupov and Gagner? Will be fun to watch, to say the least.

victor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 08:59 PM
zeus3007*

Horcoff has no value. Hemsky and Whitney have higher value than HF'ers thnk they do.

The only things that would cause the Oil to move one of these guys is:

1) A young, big 2nd line center
2) A top pair defenseman
3) A top 6 power forward

So, its not likely that they are traded. For what its worth, the Oilers aren't in the place where they need picks and they already have a good prospect pool. Its the big club that needs to fill holes.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 09:01 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybudd View Post
1) The Oilers aren't shopping him
2) He's had two major injuries. Aside from those, he plays the league average of games.
3) Two years ago he was ppg. I guess "even when he's not hurt" means one year, where he was rehabbing.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 11:13 PM
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan

vCash: 1220
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanedave View Post
I would agree with 1st and B prospect, but only if he plays well and is healthy come trade deadline.
If he plays well and is healthy, expect to pay a lot more than a 1st and a B prospect.

A healthy Hemsky is just under a PPG player.

5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 11:41 PM
lakai17

vCash: 50
Hemsky might not be trade bait by deadline but if he is, we'll get overpayment for sure.

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 11:46 PM
lakai17

vCash: 50
That second line in Edmonton will be lethal today.

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 11:51 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Horcoff to Phoenix for a 7th round pick. But only if Edmonton retains 50% of the remaining contract.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 08:41 AM
TOGuy14

Horcoff is worth one of your teams two amnesty buyouts

Hemmer is worth a 1st + decent prospect from a playoff team at the deadline assuming he is having a decent season and not injured.

Whitney? I have no idea

TOGuy14 is offline   Reply With Quote