HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Oilers Leafs

Old
01-16-2013, 10:12 PM
HockeyFanSince86
The Team People Love

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
If you want a younger player, the Oilers can always trade the Leafs Omark.

Nothing like having veteran experience and leadership in the line up.
Veteran leadership in the right context sure, but veteran leadership from two players that have as much success as our younger group is a waste of space. We have been down the "veteran" road. 9th place is not fun lol.

HockeyFanSince86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:17 PM
IceDogsandLeafs

Hemsky? No thanks

IceDogsandLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:18 PM
HarrisonFord
He's baaaaaack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pekka Rinne View Post
Connolly has also never hit 50 points out of that season, you are delusional if you think they are similar
When was the last time Hemsky broke 42 points?

HarrisonFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:39 PM
jgoud

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReimerForPM View Post
When was the last time Hemsky broke 42 points?
Hemsky had 42 points in 47 games that season (2010/2011) and the season beforehand he had a point a game for 22 games... Yeah he's been injured but if you're talking about consistency and who is the better player when healthy you should probably stop because you're going to look like a fool.

Hemsky has had one awful season (out of 9) which happens to be last year AND he still managed to put up more points than Kulemin while playing less games. Kulemin has had one great season (out of 4) in which he scored 30 goals. I laugh when leaf fans say he's a 30 goal scorer, his average for his 4 years in the NHL is 17 goals a year right now so technically you wouldn't even be able to call him a 20 goal scorer.

It's fine to compare Kulemin's physicality or his defensive game to Hemsky's, but Hemsky is definitely the better, and most proven offensive player.

jgoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:41 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
Oilers take this and run? Are you kidding?

I'd rather have Nick Schultz than Gunnarsson and I'd rather have Hemsky than Kulemin. I'm sure the Leafs fans have it the other way which is fine but trust me, the Oilers wouldn't do this.
Exactly. No deal.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 11:51 PM
marty111

I think what everyone is trying to say here is:

Gunnarsson > Schultz

Hemsky when healthy >>> Kulemin.

Yet the transactions for these players specificially don't help Toronto in areas of need as much as it does Edmonton.

The Oilers could live or even improve moving Hemsky out for Kulemin and swapping D-Men. Toronto would suffer if they lost Gunner and Kules.

marty111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 12:04 AM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Leafs pass? umm no they don't they get a BIG top 6 upgrade in Hemsky, a 2nd rounder in what is soposed to be the deepeds draft in 10 years and a HUGE D man for Kuliemin who does NOT have as Hemsky, and Gunnar who I like a lot but not convinced he will be ket with Nonis at the helm

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 12:21 AM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by marty111 View Post
I think what everyone is trying to say here is:

Gunnarsson > Schultz

Hemsky when healthy >>> Kulemin.

Yet the transactions for these players specificially don't help Toronto in areas of need as much as it does Edmonton.

The Oilers could live or even improve moving Hemsky out for Kulemin and swapping D-Men. Toronto would suffer if they lost Gunner and Kules.
Sums it up pretty well. That said, I still think Kessel would benefit massively from having Hemsky on his wing instead of Lupul

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 09:02 AM
TOGuy14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
If Hemsky is healthy the deal is a steal for TO.
I fully agree with this statement, but considering the games played by Hemsky the past three years are 22, 47, and 69 I don't like the Leafs odds of winning this deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
Sums it up pretty well. That said, I still think Kessel would benefit massively from having Hemsky on his wing instead of Lupul
Does Hemsky play on the left side at all because Kessel plays RW exclusively so I don't see how you can line them up together?

TOGuy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 09:48 AM
FishManSam
Bobs Yummy Burgers!

Wow.... No

FishManSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 11:20 AM
Redden

I wouldn't do this as an oiler fan because we're giving up the best and third best player. Hemsky is still an elite player, one bad season doesn't define his otherwise 9 or so season great career. Hes always flirted with ppg in every Season except for last, and that is without ever playing with a true number one center. Hemmer is going to be the perfect player to feed yakupov all year and there is no reason to believe he cant put up 70 points this year with him and gagner. He's had injury issues but is healthy now so we can't discount him right now for that. Gunnarsson is better than Schultz but Schultz is one of the best leaders/mentors in the league. Players in Minny were crushed when he had to go. So even though gunnarsson is better on the ice, Schultz makes up the difference in value off the ice.

Redden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 11:27 AM
Tad Mikowsky
Retired

Another bad trade where neither team would do it.

Tad Mikowsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 11:28 AM
oilwings

Hell NO to the trade. I'm a big huge fan of Hemsky and N. Schultz. If I'm Tambo I try to lock up Schultz for another 3 yrs. at around 4M per/season. The Oilers can't be trading every veteran away and go with youth. We have Klefbom coming in the next few yrs. All that's missing is #1 dman. Hemsky, a righty, will have a career yr feeding, a lefty, Yakupov.

oilwings is offline   Reply With Quote