HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jarred Tinordi

Old
10-02-2013, 08:08 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

vCash: 500
Jarred Tinordi

Watching the Leafs game, and seeing Carter Ashton wearing the bird cage reminded me of the Tinordi fight that kind of got lost what with the Parros injury a few seconds later. Ashton probably has a broken nose.

He also fared great against Tim Gleason, and looks like he could be a really tough player for us. Add to that his mobility and "long stick", he has a chance to be a pretty unique player.

hogtownhabsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2013, 08:18 PM
StellerEller
Canada's Team

vCash: 100
Fortunately hes shown he has the mean streak to be the type of player we need him to be. On the other hand, he has a good IQ and seems like a guy who wont take selfish penalties.

In addition he can skate, hit, fight and has good stick skills for a stay at home type.

I hope that when he reaches his prime he's a guy other teams have to plan around like Chara or Pronger (obviously with way less offence). We need a mean, shutdown Dman.

StellerEller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2013, 08:19 PM
BRAD HABSFAN

Was at game. Kept eye on him. Always seemed to be in place, used his body, and at least in 1 fight he handle himself quite well.

BRAD HABSFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2013, 08:21 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Ashton broken nose and Gleason is concussed since his fight with Tinordi.

And he is only 21 years old. We have a beast in our hands.

Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2013, 08:30 PM
ChoseLa

Ashton is your typical Leafs who can't take a beating, i don't care much about Tinordi beating him but Gleason that's impressive. I hope he gets well soon though.

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2013, 08:40 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
Ashton broken nose and Gleason is concussed since his fight with Tinordi.

And he is only 21 years old. We have a beast in our hands.
I dont want him to make an habit out of it. If he builds the reputation of a fighter, he'll get jumped one of these days by a neanderthal like Scott and get injured.

PricePkPatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2013, 08:44 PM
Tyson

Tinordi will become feared very soon. He seems to be a chip off the old block. Only 21. Future looks bright

Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2013, 08:45 PM
JAHendrick
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

I've been really, really impressed so far. Hopefully he could be the guy that makes me forget they traded McDonagh.

JAHendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2013, 08:46 PM
ChoseLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAHendrick View Post
I've been really, really impressed so far. Hopefully he could be the guy that makes me forget they traded McDonagh.
Will never happen.

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2013, 08:51 PM
Et le But

Really like everything he brings, was mostly good defensively too besides a few bad decisions.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2013, 08:55 PM
Tyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
Will never happen.
Many Hab GM have made bad trades and we can argue which trade is the worst ever. I believe that the Gomez trade was the worst ever by a Hab GM because Sather was begging to get rid of that stupid contract so he could sign Gaborik. Sather would have traded Gomez for a bucket of pucks and a Howie Meeker poster....but here comes Laurel and Hardy (Gainey and Gauthier) to save the day and give away a great D prospect for nothing, it did not have to happen.

Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2013, 09:58 PM
snakeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAHendrick View Post
Please stop!!

snakeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2013, 10:32 PM
sergejean

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
I dont want him to make an habit out of it. If he builds the reputation of a fighter, he'll get jumped one of these days by a neanderthal like Scott and get injured.
This. Tinordi never really impressed me with his pugilistic antics but gaining some weight did him good in that department. I'd rather see him take the body, play a physical game and picking his fights rather than go toe to toe against goons on a regular basis.

sergejean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2013, 10:33 PM
FrontierPsyCHiatrist*
Master Pleks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
Many Hab GM have made bad trades and we can argue which trade is the worst ever. I believe that the Gomez trade was the worst ever by a Hab GM because Sather was begging to get rid of that stupid contract so he could sign Gaborik. Sather would have traded Gomez for a bucket of pucks and a Howie Meeker poster....but here comes Laurel and Hardy (Gainey and Gauthier) to save the day and give away a great D prospect for nothing, it did not have to happen.
McDonagh-Subban
Tinordi

FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

FrontierPsyCHiatrist* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2013, 10:37 PM
sergejean

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxHabs24 View Post
McDonagh-Subban
Tinordi

And Beaulieu on his way... That was our ticket for domination... Hopefully Timmins finds us another gem in the draft...

Old
10-02-2013, 10:44 PM
la25ecoupe

Quote:
McDonagh-Subban
Tinordi - Beaulieu
Emelin
Fixed

We're really a McDonagh away from a great top 4

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2013, 10:50 PM
FrontierPsyCHiatrist*
Master Pleks

Quote:
Originally Posted by la25ecoupe View Post
Fixed

We're really a McDonagh away from a great top 4
I know, I wouldn't mind at all a trading away a first rounder and some other pieces for a top 4 d-man. It would be a good idea considering our overall depth and the fact that we have defensive d-men playing on the PP.

Old
10-02-2013, 10:53 PM

I hated the way he would breakout last playoffs ala Komisarek... always off the boards. But this year he seems to have improved, at least in the Toronto game he made good tape-to-tape passes and even one solid breakout through center ice.

His acceleration and overall mobility has also improved. If he keeps on working hard he will be an absolute monster for us, probably better than Komisarek in his hey days.

#57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2013, 10:55 PM
Kirk Muller

Just hope he gets some added responsibility and the coaching staff let him make mistakes and learn.

Unfortunately MeaT head has his favorites and this is unlikely to happen. We will just get to watch Bouillon get nudged aside and make mistakes and Diaz run from his shadow and bail out as soon as a hit needs to be took.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2013, 10:59 PM
sergejean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Muller View Post
Just hope he gets some added responsibility and the coaching staff let him make mistakes and learn.

Unfortunately MeaT head has his favorites and this is unlikely to happen. We will just get to watch Bouillon get nudged aside and make mistakes and Diaz run from his shadow and bail out as soon as a hit needs to be took.
Tinordi is not ready to play top minutes yet but I am hopeful that he will be top 4 by the end of the year.

Old
10-02-2013, 11:01 PM
FrontierPsyCHiatrist*
Master Pleks

Quote:
Originally Posted by #57 View Post

His acceleration and overall mobility has also improved. If he keeps on working hard he will be an absolute monster for us, probably better than Komisarek in his hey days.
I remember during pre-season, he had an offensive breakout and I literally couldn't believe it was him, skating that fast. Not only he improved his acceleration and mobility, but I think it's above average in the NHL right now. His skating will be so underestimated that I wonder if he will ever get out skated in a 1 on 1 battle.

Old
10-02-2013, 11:02 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
I was at the game. I didn't notice him much at all... which is a compliment for a defensive defenseman.

Le Tricolore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2013, 11:04 PM
windycity

Tinner looked good last night. He keeps it up and I doubt he's going back to Hamilton.

windycity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2013, 11:07 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergejean View Post
Tinordi is not ready to play top minutes yet but I am hopeful that he will be top 4 by the end of the year.
He is ready to play more than 14 minutes a night tho. He would look better next to Markov then Diaz right now. He needs top 4 minutes and let him make mistakes and learn. Montreals development of players in the AHL and NHL level is one of the worst in the NHL. It seems they can get them to show but the progression always seems to stall once they are there.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2013, 11:07 PM
sergejean

Quote:
I remember during pre-season, he had an offensive breakout and I literally couldn't believe it was him, skating that fast. Not only he improved his acceleration and mobility, but I think it's above average in the NHL right now. His skating will be so underestimated that I wonder if he will ever get out skated in a 1 on 1 battle.
Yep. Skating is fine. I also noticed an improvment in how he handles the puck. This guy is not going back to Hamilton.