HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

2012-13 NHL Center Ice/Gamecenter Discussion Part II

Closed Thread

Old
01-18-2013, 07:52 AM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bean in Charge View Post
For anyone in Ontario ordering through Rogers - I just called in, asked about Centre Ice, and didn't even have to start quoting sources to get the one-time fee of $50. The service rep straight up said that was the cost.

So anyone who's getting talked into having to buy the super sports package, or pay $200...it's flat out false.

I was actually surprised how easy it was haha.
I'm holding you to this when I call them back again this afternoon.

Old
01-18-2013, 07:54 AM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppo View Post
Using a proxy server is entirely legal. There are good reasons to use proxy servers in some cases. Therefore how could it be proven that using a proxy server was to circumvent the blackout restriction? I am no legal expert, but I think if the NHL needs to have blackouts then they need a better way to enforce them (not that there is a better way, but that is not the end user's problem).
Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinPower420 View Post
Is it actually illegal to circumvent a media blackout in Canada? I have no ethical issues with it.
It doesn't have to be illegal for it to be against the terms of service, and I wouldn't think the burden of proof is very high for them to be able to cancel your subscription.

The biggest issue would be how difficult it is for them to even recognize what you're doing, and whether it's actually worth the effort for them to act on it. I would think that a repeat customer is more valuable to them than the blackout restrictions are (and in fact the statement in the ToS may just be there because it has to be; blackout circumvention doesn't hurt the NHL, it hurts the networks, so the NHL has to keep them happy by paying lip service). A canceled subscription due to ToS violation = not a repeat customer I'd imagine.

Old
01-18-2013, 08:01 AM
TeamStewie

Glad to see I'm not the only one having problems watching full games on my tablet. I thought it might just be because I sideloaded the app onto my Kindle but everything else in the app seems to be working fine. I just wish there was an easier way to access the older games like there is for the PC/MAC version and god only knows how you would go about finding the classic games.

Old
01-18-2013, 08:19 AM
HereCometheHawks
O Captain My Captain

Does anyone know if there is a way to watch the NBCsports live stream on an Xbox 360? Obviously the Hawks/Kings game will be blacked out on GC, but NBC is streaming it online.

Old
01-18-2013, 09:01 AM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
Going to see if I can find that post where people said you could get out of blackouts.

Old
01-18-2013, 09:14 AM
Yashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereCometheHawks View Post
Does anyone know if there is a way to watch the NBCsports live stream on an Xbox 360? Obviously the Hawks/Kings game will be blacked out on GC, but NBC is streaming it online.
I'm looking into something like this too. Since CBC games are blacked out, I wont be able to watch the Sens game tomorrow on GCL. CBC streams it, but they use Flash player so I can't use the XBOX's IE to watch it either. I know CBC is making a HNIC app, but it wont be ready by tomorrow.

I'm thinking of setting up a proxy so it'll look like I'm in the states. If I follow a guide to get me US Netflix would it work for GCL? I'm only asking because there are a lot more guides for Netflix than GCL. Plus it would be sweet to have US Netflix.

Old
01-18-2013, 09:17 AM
RedBruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashin View Post
I'm thinking of setting up a proxy so it'll look like I'm in the states. If I follow a guide to get me US Netflix would it work for GCL? I'm only asking because there are a lot more guides for Netflix than GCL. Plus it would be sweet to have US Netflix.
Yes the guide would apply to GCL too. And once you're logged in you can switch off the proxy.

Old
01-18-2013, 09:27 AM
Pensfan in Atlanta

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawless and lulu View Post
i just bought nhl gamecenter to use on my ps3. when i login on my ps3, i try to link my gamecenter account, and it gives me a code.

it says go to

ps3.com/nhl and enter the code appearing on screen.

when i go to the page, i see nowhere to enter my code.....

whats going on ?
I had the same issue. Not sure what the problem is - maybe the new PS3 app will solve this.

Old
01-18-2013, 09:50 AM
Yashin

Well I got US Netflix working on my xbox. I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow to make sure it works for GCL

Old
01-18-2013, 09:51 AM
Pepper

Just heads up for those ordering Viaplay, you don't get live games through GC, you just get the vault. That sucks.

However, the support guy at Viaplay promised that starting next week, ALL games are available with original commentary (i.e. english) through the Viaplay app/website.

The first games this weekend will be english/swedish depending of the game (all the early games tomorrow are in swedish which sucks big time).

Old
01-18-2013, 09:52 AM
StoneColdFlower*
El Sid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzepetto View Post
Anyone who's having a Paypal issues tried to ask support whether this problem will be fixed before the puck drop or not? This is a real problem for those who don't have credit card.
I called last night and was told it would be fixed by this morning. Tried this morning and it still doesn't ****ing work. Why can these lazy *******s post a message on the ******* site explaining what's going on...Is this more Bettman-Daly bushleague business. Show some ****ing respect to your ****ing customers. You're making $8,000,000 *******. ****ing asshats lockout the league and then **** on your customers like this. I thought this was a multi-billion dollar business. I can't wait for the Moron-in-Chief to be unemployed.

Old
01-18-2013, 10:00 AM
GermanJetsFan
Beaver Jedi

vCash: 122
I've read in here, a couple of days ago, that people who are already subscribers the past years get renewed automatically. Someone talked about the 18th as the renewal date. Is that true? I'm a little bit scared that my account won't renew the subscription and I'm without subscription tomorrow night for the Jets game

Old
01-18-2013, 10:04 AM
OOOOIIIO
Binary

Anyone have any more information about Autorenewal for GCL? If we arent being charged until the 21st do we still get access up until that point?

Old
01-18-2013, 10:04 AM
juho20
Rookie User

I just hope that they will solve this PayPal-issue quickly enough, so I (and other hockey fans too) won't miss the season opener. I mean, can it be that difficult?

Old
01-18-2013, 10:07 AM
StoneColdFlower*
El Sid

Quote:
Originally Posted by juho20 View Post
I just hope that they will solve this PayPal-issue quickly enough, so I (and other hockey fans too) won't miss the season opener. I mean, can it be that difficult?
I wouldn't be pissed if they had an apologetic update on the website telling us what the Hell is going on. I think we're entitled to that, especially with the lockout and everything. It's insulting that an issue like this is not a top priority for the league. I was wavering about signing up for the first time this year, and with all the time I wasted with these issues all I've accomplished is become more sympathetic for media pirates who don't have to put with this pathetically absurd level of incompetence. I mean, some guy make $20,000 a year selling trinkets from his website or an amateur film maker begging for donations can get PayPal to work without any issues. It should be trivial for an entity with the NHL's resources to do so.

Old
01-18-2013, 10:21 AM
cowbell204

I know that two people cannot watch Gamecenter on the internet at the same time. In the past my dad and I have gotten around that as he watches on a Roku which allows me to use Gamecenter at the same time as him.

My question is if anyone knows if this would also work if I use my Xbox? Would I be able to watch on my Xbox at the same time he's using his Roku?

Old
01-18-2013, 10:21 AM
Budddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
I was told on the phone that GCL won't be included and that's what it says on their website as well.

Based on my experiences, Shaw's customer service is pretty good and they're usually all on the same page. I hated dealing with Bell when I was with them. They were awful.
oh..i was just annoyed that I got 2 different answers in 2 days...I dont see it on their website tho...

Old
01-18-2013, 10:28 AM
IceAce
HEY BUD, LETS PARTY!

vCash: 476
I'm a n00b who just got the GCL app for the first time for my iPad/iPhone/360 so pls forgive what may be a stupid question.

Where do you find the Vault? All I can find in the menu, are like video journals and blooper reals. Where do you find the old games?

Thx in advance.

Old
01-18-2013, 10:31 AM
Elever
Hth

Found an easy way to watch NBC videos from outside the US and it seems like NBC Sports is working too (meaning you can watch games on NBC Network's stream in Canada). You need to install a firefox/chrome attachment called MediaHint. It also allows you to use Netflix US/Hulu. Try watching the video before installing it then install and restart your browser and the video should now work. It takes a few seconds longer for your browser's first page to load when you open it but other than that it's been working well with Netflix. I haven't yet tried it on a live NBC stream but if the NBC video works then a stream should too.

ALternative method (also involves a different add-on) is here: http://www.reddit.com/r/canada/comme...edailyshowcom/

Something similar for those in the US wanting a stream from CBC.ca might also exist. So between that plus free streams plus NHLtorrents I for sure am not gonna be paying the NHL a cent for gamecentre though I might still subscribe for an year to Hockeystreams though the cost has gone up from $90 to $99 for a 1 year subscription but that's still quite cheaper than what game centre will be when you have to pay the $200+ in October.

Old
01-18-2013, 10:55 AM
DoughtyFace

Anyone able to post an update on the Rogers situation. No way I'm paying 36+$ a month for CI and a bunch of other crap.

If they've allowed you to just order CI then it's game on though...

Old
01-18-2013, 10:58 AM
Smash88

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceAce View Post
I'm a n00b who just got the GCL app for the first time for my iPad/iPhone/360 so pls forgive what may be a stupid question.

Where do you find the Vault? All I can find in the menu, are like video journals and blooper reals. Where do you find the old games?

Thx in advance.
I know on the Iphone you go to the schedule of games and then click on the date at the top and go back through the calendar to whatever date the game you want to watch is on.

I'm not sure if there is an easier way to search but that's how i've been doing it so far..

Old
01-18-2013, 11:09 AM
TheStranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughtyFace View Post
Anyone able to post an update on the Rogers situation. No way I'm paying 36+$ a month for CI and a bunch of other crap.

If they've allowed you to just order CI then it's game on though...
They allow it now. $50 for center ice alone.

Old
01-18-2013, 11:51 AM
Goose Status Loose

I threw down the $50 for Gamecenter yesterday. What's with the terrible buffering on the Vault videos? I'm trying to watch the Wings/Blues game from Apri. 4 and it's pausing to buffer for a minute or longer every 10 seconds. I'm watching on my PC with a fast cable connection. Anyone else having terrible buffering issues?

Old
01-18-2013, 12:01 PM
TheStranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronwalld View Post
I threw down the $50 for Gamecenter yesterday. What's with the terrible buffering on the Vault videos? I'm trying to watch the Wings/Blues game from Apri. 4 and it's pausing to buffer for a minute or longer every 10 seconds. I'm watching on my PC with a fast cable connection. Anyone else having terrible buffering issues?
Yeah the vault games are having major issues for everyone it seems. Regardless of connection.

Old
01-18-2013, 12:08 PM
Penalty Kill Icing*
Fire Carlyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronwalld View Post
Yeap. Same issues. Hopefully live games are better.

Closed Thread