HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

2012-13 NHL Center Ice/Gamecenter Discussion Part II

Closed Thread

Old
01-16-2013, 10:05 PM
Greecian

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceAce View Post

Any ideas on this one? I don't need a separate subscription for each device right?
No. You use the same login information no matter which device you're using. I can log in using my phone, iPad, computer, and PS3 all using the same account.

Old
01-16-2013, 10:07 PM
Greecian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrence View Post
Question: I had GameCentre last year, my credit card hasn't been charged yet but I can still log on to GameCentre and watch games in the vault. Should I assume that my account's been auto-renewed and that they just haven't charged my credit card yet or should I order it again?
I'm in the same boat. I assume they'll charge our cards shortly after the season starts.

Old
01-16-2013, 10:11 PM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrence View Post
Question: I had GameCentre last year, my credit card hasn't been charged yet but I can still log on to GameCentre and watch games in the vault. Should I assume that my account's been auto-renewed and that they just haven't charged my credit card yet or should I order it again?
I can watch too and it seems to be the same for everyone I've heard from. Even works in Scandinavia where it should be blocked. In my case, there's no chance it will get auto-renewed because I used a limited card.

I'd probably wait and see.

Old
01-16-2013, 10:18 PM
IceAce
HEY BUD, LETS PARTY!

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greecian View Post
No. You use the same login information no matter which device you're using. I can log in using my phone, iPad, computer, and PS3 all using the same account.
Ok so then why does the app on my iPhone ask me if I want to buy a GCL subscription even though I'm logged in using the same account I use on my iPad where I already bought GCL?

It's just my NHL.com login that I can use right? I don't need a special one just for GCL? When I bought the subscription I just used my normal NHL.com login info.

Old
01-16-2013, 10:20 PM
dnlfrncs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStranger View Post
Well myself and I believe a few other posters earlier in this thread argued with rogers and were told that they absolutely do not offer it separate.

This was last year for me though.

I spent 40 minutes on the phone arguing with them, but the told me it's not possible. Oh well, i don't deal with them anymore, joke of a company.
Rumors circulating on another forum indicate that Rogers might release some kind of cheaper option for the shortened nhl season, guess we'll see what happens in the next couple of days.

Here is the discussion
http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/show...=146448&page=3

Old
01-16-2013, 10:31 PM
TheMightyWhale

So if my team has nearly half of its games on National TV (I'm out of market), would my best bet be Gamecenter on XBox plus NHL Network?

Old
01-16-2013, 10:31 PM
IceAce
HEY BUD, LETS PARTY!

Quote:
Ok so then why does the app on my iPhone ask me if I want to buy a GCL subscription even though I'm logged in using the same account I use on my iPad where I already bought GCL?

It's just my NHL.com login that I can use right? I don't need a special one just for GCL? When I bought the subscription I just used my normal NHL.com login info.
Never mind on this one, apparently it takes a couple hours to sync up a new account on multiple Apple devices. Both of mine say GCL now.

Old
01-16-2013, 11:40 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStranger View Post
Well myself and I believe a few other posters earlier in this thread argued with rogers and were told that they absolutely do not offer it separate.
I can confirm this as well. The first joke of a "customer representative" that I had an hour ago was the most rude, disinterested, arrogant, joke of an employee who transferred me to customer care which were closed (they probably did this on purpose). So I called back, demanded to speak to a manager, and blasted them for the unprofessional manner of the first person I had dealt with. After getting an apology and after trying to unsuccessfully haggle a bit, I finally said OK and decided to pay for the Super Sports Pak.

Sure I am paying more but at this point I'd rather just have Centre Ice and be happy. Especially since I had a major Trojan virus (that I picked up from a stream site) nearly wipe my computer out last night. It had locked me out of my desktop so I couldn't even get into my virus scanner or anywhere to get rid of the thing myself. So now as much as I'd like to say "**** you Rogers" and use streams and whatnot to save money, I'd rather pay $36 a month instead of $700-800 for a new PC like I worriedly thought I was gonna have to do last night.

So is the Rogers price for this shortened season $151 plus tax??? As if so, that'd be $170.63 with tax.

Can anyone confirm this?

Old
01-17-2013, 12:14 AM
Yes We Cam
$6.3 million backup

If local games are blacked out, can I use the other team's channel to watch my home team play?

Old
01-17-2013, 12:36 AM
mkoivu9*

vCash: 2710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooked on Ponics View Post
If local games are blacked out, can I use the other team's channel to watch my home team play?
No..

Old
01-17-2013, 01:23 AM
ozflames
Rookie User

Hello folks, long time lurker first time poster

I live in australia and had a half season subscription last season (from january-the cup), i haven't had any emails or communication from nhl in sometime, last july in fact. My question is does my account auto renew given i am overseas and shouldn't i have received notification of this happening (or will happen) by now?

sorry i should specify my subscription is gamecentre live

Old
01-17-2013, 08:41 AM
IceAce
HEY BUD, LETS PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooked on Ponics View Post

Never understand these sorts of questions. Why would you want to buy GCL to watch your home team play?

Old
01-17-2013, 08:47 AM

Does anyone know Is it possible to cancel the auto-renewal thing via e-mail or do I have to call the customer support.

Old
01-17-2013, 08:53 AM
RedBruin

You can do it via email.

Old
01-17-2013, 08:56 AM
Eddy Livingstone

Quote:
Never understand these sorts of questions. Why would you want to buy GCL to watch your home team play?
There could be a couple of reasons. First up, with so much stuff available online the need for expensive cable of even a separate television has become obsolete. Secondly people, might want to watch the game somewhere, where a television is not available. Work or public transport for example.

Old
01-17-2013, 08:57 AM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

I haven't had a reply back from the NHL yet.

Interested in seeing if it works on Saturday and if it doesn't I can buy it then and there.

Old
01-17-2013, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBruin View Post
You can do it via email.
Thanks

50$ is a really good price for a season of NHL hockey I think. Can't wait till saturday

Old
01-17-2013, 08:59 AM
MayDay

Quote:
Some people have internet access and have not cable or satellite service.

Old
01-17-2013, 09:02 AM
Eddy Livingstone

I wish the NHL would make a stream of NHL Network available through GCL. That would make the package even more attractive.

Old
01-17-2013, 09:21 AM
PensFanSince1989

Few questions re: NHL Gamecenter Live - will there be a free preview period and is the app available for the Xbox 360 and I just can't find it or has it not been released yet?

Old
01-17-2013, 09:25 AM
RedBruin

There won't be a preview officially. Well, you can cancel within 5 days I believe, so that's kinda a "preview". The app hasn't been released yet but should be done this week.

Old
01-17-2013, 09:28 AM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBruin View Post
There won't be a preview officially. Well, you can cancel within 5 days I believe, so that's kinda a "preview". The app hasn't been released yet but should be done this week.
I seem to recall that payment is taken on the 21st of Jan.

Old
01-17-2013, 09:39 AM
PredaDORES
**** you Dale Tallon

Quote:
I don't have cable. I use Hulu, Netflix, Amazon, etc. to watch my TV shows/movies. I attend every home game, but I use a VPN service to get around the local blackouts for away games.

I also travel quite a bit for business, so GameCenter is perfect for me.

Old
01-17-2013, 09:39 AM
ViD
Arty vs Nash 22:25

vCash: 520
Quote:
You ever thought that some people don't have any television at their houses? I have Netflix and GCL, it suits all my TV needs

Old
01-17-2013, 10:07 AM
bleedgreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozflames View Post
Hello folks, long time lurker first time poster

I live in australia and had a half season subscription last season (from january-the cup), i haven't had any emails or communication from nhl in sometime, last july in fact. My question is does my account auto renew given i am overseas and shouldn't i have received notification of this happening (or will happen) by now?

sorry i should specify my subscription is gamecentre live
They are notorious for their lack of communication. I haven't received anything either, not sure I ever got early notice. They want your money and have your card. I've heard they will auto renew on fri or sat and will charg Monday but that's 8th hand info. Being in Australia probably doesn't change anything. If it doesn't work opening night give them a call but I bet you're fine.

Closed Thread