HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

2012-13 NHL Center Ice/Gamecenter Discussion Part II

Closed Thread

Old
01-17-2013, 11:16 AM
Luigi Lemieux

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceAce View Post
Never understand these sorts of questions. Why would you want to buy GCL to watch your home team play?
A lot of us don't have any form of cable tv anymore.

Old
01-17-2013, 11:20 AM
Paxton Fettel

I haven't gotten any news on the automatic renewal for the season either. I'm in France.

Old
01-17-2013, 11:31 AM
roboninja
EYG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Livingstone View Post
I wish the NHL would make a stream of NHL Network available through GCL. That would make the package even more attractive.
That would be great. My NFL Gamepass subscription included the NFL Redzone channel; that was almost all I watched on Sundays.

Old
01-17-2013, 11:32 AM
Pepper

So Viaplay is it. Extra channels, movie package and NHL (plus gamecenter) for 16.95 per month. I guess I can live with that.

Old
01-17-2013, 11:53 AM
Backhand ToeDrag

Shaw Direct? Nothing shows up in the guide and haven't gotten a call back from them regarding prices for this season. In Alberta if it helps

Old
01-17-2013, 11:55 AM
Erechtheus
Rookie User

I just called Rogers and finally got the Centre Ice promo for $50. Free preview also running until January 31st.

Old
01-17-2013, 12:35 PM
dssource

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backhand ToeDrag View Post
Shaw Direct? Nothing shows up in the guide and haven't gotten a call back from them regarding prices for this season. In Alberta if it helps
Nothing on the site yet, but it's mentioned here that they will gie it out for $50 as well: http://www.marketwire.com/press-rele....b-1746625.htm

Old
01-17-2013, 12:35 PM
shaunnyg

Is anyone having trouble watching old games on their GCL iphone app? I haven't been able to watch any games since I updated to the current version...

Also, anyone have any suggestions to solve the problem of old games stopping abruptly on my PC (doesn't seem to be a connection/CPU problem)?

Old
01-17-2013, 12:38 PM
Marco Esquandolas
Registered Abuser

vCash: 1170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi Lemieux View Post
A lot of us don't have any form of cable tv anymore.
Yep. Helluva lot cheaper to just get Netflix/Hulu + GCL.

Old
01-17-2013, 12:49 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
Anyone give me a low down of what a VPN is?

Old
01-17-2013, 12:49 PM
brianomc

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunnyg View Post
Is anyone having trouble watching old games on their GCL iphone app? I haven't been able to watch any games since I updated to the current version...

Also, anyone have any suggestions to solve the problem of old games stopping abruptly on my PC (doesn't seem to be a connection/CPU problem)?
Were you able to watch full games before on iPhone after they had been played? I wasn't able to, only watch them live, but I've heard you can this year anyway. At the moment all I can watch of previous games is condensed game

Old
01-17-2013, 01:05 PM
JamboPred

I emailed NHL support about the customers who don't have Sky TV and the Premier Sports channel in the UK. Here is the reply:

"Greetings,

unfortunately there is nothing we can do concerning the blackouts in the UK. Please contact Sky TV for further information.

We do apologize for the inconvenience.
Best regards,

NHL Support"

So to watch games that i have already payed for i need to become Sky TV customer and the subscribe to Premier Sports! This is incredibly unfair.

Old
01-17-2013, 01:08 PM
Tim Murray
HoF Turd Shiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
http://lifehacker.com/5940565/why-yo...for-your-needs

Old
01-17-2013, 01:10 PM
Penalty Kill Icing*
Fire Carlyle

vCash: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
Virtual Private Network. All your internet traffic is redirected via a server at some other location, by which the website you are visiting thinks you are visiting from the country your VPN is located in.

VPN is very much like proxy, except better speeds (Similar results, but they work quite differently).

Most VPN services are paid. Only free ones are Hotspot shield (gives US IP address), and SecurityKissTunnel (gives US, UK, Germany, Netherlands IP). Both have limitations. Google is your friend.

Old
01-17-2013, 01:16 PM
shaunnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianomc View Post
Were you able to watch full games before on iPhone after they had been played? I wasn't able to, only watch them live, but I've heard you can this year anyway. At the moment all I can watch of previous games is condensed game
I only signed about a week ago, but yes, until I downloaded the 2012-13 app update, I could watch full games. Now I'm in the same boat with only condensed games...

Old
01-17-2013, 01:22 PM
Backhand ToeDrag

Quote:
Originally Posted by dssource View Post
Nothing on the site yet, but it's mentioned here that they will gie it out for $50 as well: http://www.marketwire.com/press-rele....b-1746625.htm
Thanks man

Old
01-17-2013, 01:26 PM
Desdichado62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penalty Kill Icing View Post
Virtual Private Network. All your internet traffic is redirected via a server at some other location, by which the website you are visiting thinks you are visiting from the country your VPN is located in.

VPN is very much like proxy, except better speeds (Similar results, but they work quite differently).

Most VPN services are paid. Only free ones are Hotspot shield (gives US IP address), and SecurityKissTunnel (gives US, UK, Germany, Netherlands IP). Both have limitations. Google is your friend.
Also if you use a vpn be sure to use one that isn't in a country suffering from blackouts.
Such as USA, Canada, Sweden, Finland, GB and I think Norway and Denmark too.

Old
01-17-2013, 01:27 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

So since I bit the bullet and got that Super Sports Pak with Rogers in order to have Centre Ice, am I allowed to cancel that package once the regular season ends, but then ask them to give it back in October when the 2013-14 season starts???

As I'll be damned if I'll pay $37 a month for a bunch of channels I won't want or use from May until early October.

Old
01-17-2013, 01:28 PM
Gillumin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Aldini View Post
If Bell is doing $50 bucks, Rogers better change their $150 pricing fast...
I have had many conversations with Rogers about this, and they refused to offer Centre Ice on its own. I was also getting many conflicting answers from them. I then called Bell, got a straight answer that it would cost $50 for the season, and promptly cancelled my Rogers account and will now be signing up with Bell.

Funny though, when I called to cancel the guy was telling me, "Of course you can get it on its own!", but wouldn't give me pricing. I said sorry, too late, I have already switched, please close my account.

Don't get me wrong, I don't one for second believe Bell is any better than Rogers, but they were able to offer me a package that I value, and in the end this is why they got my business.

Old
01-17-2013, 01:29 PM
Penalty Kill Icing*
Fire Carlyle

vCash: 140
^ Many rogers subscribers are reporting getting CI for $50.00 on digitalhomes.ca I'd recommend calling Rogers again, and ask the customer rep. to check AGAIN. Tell them "My friend got it just an hour ago"

Old
01-17-2013, 01:31 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamboPred View Post
I emailed NHL support about the customers who don't have Sky TV and the Premier Sports channel in the UK. Here is the reply:

"Greetings,

unfortunately there is nothing we can do concerning the blackouts in the UK. Please contact Sky TV for further information.

Best regards,

NHL Support"

So to watch games that i have already payed for i need to become Sky TV customer and the subscribe to Premier Sports! This is incredibly unfair.
Yeah. It's pretty pathetic. I didn't receive a reply but I just think it's unfair and there's a fair few people on their page that are letting them know how angry they are. I mean, Premier Sports is 10 a month isn't it? Then Sky of which the basic must be around 21.50.

Not a lot of people can afford 31.50 extra a month.

If you want sports/need to have sports then it's an extra 26.00 on top of that.

Old
01-17-2013, 01:31 PM
TheStranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalheadPenguinsFan View Post
So since I bit the bullet and got that Super Sports Pak with Rogers in order to have Centre Ice, am I allowed to cancel that package once the regular season ends, but then ask them to give it back in October when the 2013-14 season starts???

As I'll be damned if I'll pay $37 a month for a bunch of channels I won't want or use from May until early October.
When I bought the super sports pak 2 years ago, I was told I needed to be subscribed for at least 8 months. Or, I believe you have to pay out basically the remaining of whatever you would be paying for the 8 month period. It's basically a contract.

Pretty awesome deal from rogers once again, eh?

Old
01-17-2013, 01:33 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamboPred View Post

"Greetings,

Best regards,

NHL Support"

Actually, adding on to what I just said. I wouldn't be surprised if after all this, they're not blacked out. I seem to remember someone in the previous thread mentioned that you can ask to be excluded from blackouts.

Old
01-17-2013, 01:34 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

Believe me, if I could switch back to the hassle free experience I had with Centre Ice via Bell for 6 years...I would in a heartbeat.

Sadly my fiancee has had Rogers for years and doesn't wanna change.

IMO, Rogers can suck it.

Old
01-17-2013, 01:35 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStranger View Post
When I bought the super sports pak 2 years ago, I was told I needed to be subscribed for at least 8 months. Or, I believe you have to pay out basically the remaining of whatever you would be paying for the 8 month period. It's basically a contract.

Pretty awesome deal from rogers once again, eh?
What???? That's ****ing ridiculous!!!!!

Closed Thread