HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

stl-columbus

Old
03-14-2013, 01:55 AM
spetznaz86

vCash: 500
stl-columbus

columbus has stated that they are shopping brandon dubinsky.

now bring in the john davidson/jarmo connection to st. louis.
stl is looking for a top center which brandon really isn't but a 6 ft 200lb 100pim guy would really fit in the hitch system.

i'd say cole plus low end pick (5th or 6th) for dubinsky straight up. the blues defense is somewhat coming together and i feel cole is going to rot on the bench being the 7th man which the blues have the defensive depth to fill. dubinsky is already under contract to a armstrong like deal of 4.2 mil for two more years. lastly if realignment happends columbus goes to east so both sides don't have to face each other in the regular season.

spetznaz86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 01:59 AM
HooliganX2

Quote:
Originally Posted by spetznaz86 View Post

stl is looking for a top center which brandon really isn't but a 6 ft 200lb 100pim guy would really fit in the hitch system.

i'd say cole plus low end pick (5th or 6th) for dubinsky straight up. the blues defense is somewhat coming together and i feel cole is going to rot on the bench being the 7th man which the blues have the defensive depth to fill. dubinsky is already under contract to a armstrong like deal of 4.2 mil for two more years. lastly if realignment happends columbus goes to east so both sides don't have to face each other in the regular season.
The Blues have Berglund and Backes Dubinsky is not an upgrade over either. We need a true #1 center not and overpaid 3rd line center. I understand the CBJ are happy with him at his cap hit so it's not meant as an insult just it makes no sense for us.

Also doesn't make sense for the Blue Jackets as well to be honest.

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
bleedblue1223
Fire Army

vCash: 130
Doesn't make sense with our tight budget and important players to resign in the summer.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DKQ
Generic User Title

Columbus needs leadership and top-six forwards. Has a surplus of young defensemen, particularly the kind that are skilled at moving the puck.

HFboards logic: Let's propose a deal with Columbus where I trade them something which they don't need for something they need, they're a bad team and I'm sure they won't mind helping us out

DKQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 02:00 AM
Djp

I see deals happening between them---just not this one.

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 02:06 AM
spetznaz86

i just think it solves the problem of having another big center because if the blues are cash cautious they will never afford a #1 center. i think dubinsky in the middle finally puts backes back on RW where he belongs. cole has had his chances i think if management trusted him he would play everyday and not be behind wade redden of all people.

Old
03-14-2013, 02:15 AM
EastonBlues22
Mod Supervisor
Team ϶(°o°)ϵ

Quote:
i just think it solves the problem of having another big center because if the blues are cash cautious they will never afford a #1 center. i think dubinsky in the middle finally puts backes back on RW where he belongs. cole has had his chances i think if management trusted him he would play everyday and not be behind wade redden of all people.
Backes is never going to back to the wing. This would put Steen back on LW.

Blues can't afford to pay $4.65 million (real dollars) for a player of Dubinsky's talent level, though, so it's dead in the water.

EastonBlues22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 02:19 AM
spetznaz86

i think more of petro/shatt/steward pending rfa really muddles everything.
i dont know what steen has to do with backes they never seem to play on the same line. my opinion backes scores more goals and creates havok on the wings instead of trolling in the crease.

Old
03-14-2013, 02:32 AM
EastonBlues22
Mod Supervisor
Team ϶(°o°)ϵ

Quote:
i think more of petro/shatt/steward pending rfa really muddles everything.
i dont know what steen has to do with backes they never seem to play on the same line. my opinion backes scores more goals and creates havok on the wings instead of trolling in the crease.
Steen is best suited on the wing, but he's currently our third line center for lack of a better option.

Backes is one of the premier defensive centers in the league, and his skill set is tailor-made for playing center in the Blues system. There's no organizational interest in moving him back to the wing.

EastonBlues22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 08:27 AM
Roadman
Moving On

Quote:
Simply not true. Dubinsky's name has popped up in a couple of columns with the stated reason of shedding salary and since the CBJ are not a cap team it doesn't really make much sense. They have demonstrated the willingness to spend when necessary so not really a budget team either.

JD has repeatedly mentioned Dubinsky specifically as the kind of player he wants to build around.

Now I'm not saying he can't be traded, no one really knows what in direction JD & Jarmo are headed, but Brandon Dubinsky is most certainly well down the list of players likely to be shopped.

Roadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 08:29 AM
Double-Shift Lassé
Just post better

Quote:
I'm going to ignore the rest of your post until you provide a link that cites someone in the CBJ FO as saying this.

Old
03-14-2013, 09:05 AM
roboninja
EYG

vCash: 1152
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Doesn't make sense with our tight budget and important players to resign in the summer.
What's up with that tight budget? The Blues now have a lower cap than the NYI, yet we do not hear all the cheap jokes about them like we do the Isles.

roboninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 09:15 AM
bleedblue1223
Fire Army

vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastonBlues22 View Post
Steen is best suited on the wing, but he's currently our third line center for lack of a better option.

Backes is one of the premier defensive centers in the league, and his skill set is tailor-made for playing center in the Blues system. There's no organizational interest in moving him back to the wing.
Yep, and majority of Blues fans don't realize that Backes didn't break out until he went back to center. His defensive ability would be wasted on the wing, not sure why some people don't realize that.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 09:16 AM
rumrokh
Jake the Snake Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by roboninja View Post
What's up with that tight budget? The Blues now have a lower cap than the NYI, yet we do not hear all the cheap jokes about them like we do the Isles.
Stewart, Berglund, Pietrangelo, and Shattenkirk all up for large raises. Nothing to do with the cap, just real cash. New owners, not clear how much they're going to spend, but it's probably not going to be a lot. Income in the midwest, relative to the coasts and the costs of running a team, is not great. The only way to increase salary without funneling a giant amount of cash in all at once is to ice a team that's good enough to boost merchandise sales and justify slightly higher ticket prices each year.

rumrokh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 09:29 AM
Vladys Gumption
Global Moderator
Colt55

Quote:
Originally Posted by roboninja View Post
Because it has nothing to do with the cap. It has everything to do with the fact that the team is losing money hand over fist and doesn't have the cash to spend to the cap. Ownership is trying to make the team as competitive as possible with limited funds. That's why Dubinsky is a bad fit. He's a good player, but we can spend 4.2 million per year or whatever it is exactly much more effectively.

Vladys Gumption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 10:09 AM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
No they have not. The only person who's said that they are is one lone jackass who legitimately hates Columbus (Bruce Garrioch). His moronic ramblings masquerading as "journalism" the last few years, in addition to his constant fighting with CBJ fans, bears this out.

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 11:18 AM
Crede777
Deputized

Can I see a credible source for the rumor that Columbus is shopping Dubinsky? From all that I have heard, he is NOT on the table.

Crede777 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 11:26 AM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
Can I see a credible source for the rumor that Columbus is shopping Dubinsky? From all that I have heard, he is NOT on the table.
Really. From my knowledge, nobody connected to the Bluejackets has stated Dubinsky is being shopped.

The OP can't come out and say Columbus is shopping him without some sort of proof. They can say that its rumored he's being shopped though...

KeithBWhittington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 11:31 AM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

Quote:

Quote:
stl is looking for a top center which brandon really isn't
So why bother with the proposal? Seems like your trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

Dubinsky doesn't fill a need for the Blues. (Decent sized two-way player? Blues have those in spades.) Dubinsky costs more than the Blues can afford going forward since they need to resign Berglund, Pietrangelo, Shattenkirk, and Stewart going forward.

bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 01:33 PM
HANDZ 57
Trap = 4 letter word

vCash: 2000
Rumor has it JJ is available, I'd rather add to whatever we were going to offer Dubi and make an offer for him instead.

Just kidding Columbus fans ...

HANDZ 57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 02:46 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HANDZ 57 View Post
Rumor has it JJ is available, I'd rather add to whatever we were going to offer Dubi and make an offer for him instead.

Do not want.

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 02:53 PM
candyman82

Quote:
Originally Posted by HANDZ 57 View Post

Hahahaha I like your style!

candyman82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 02:55 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Setting aside the whole "the only reason Dubinsky is mentioned in trade rumors at all is because Garrioch hates Columbus" thing, any sort of trade involving Cole or any other defenseman shy of a legit badass superstar simply makes no sense for Columbus.

Down With Dr. Evil - Fire Kekalainen.
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 03:00 PM
Avs44

vCash: 50
Can the OP provide a link to CBJ shopping Dubinsky?

And can he also explain why they would need another defensman? Erixon, Murray, Tyutin, Johnson, Moore, Savard, Goloubef, Nikitin, Wiz....that does not seem a pressing need for them. Unless they are getting a top pairing guy, don't see why they would trade a forward for a defensman.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote