HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics here) XXX

Closed Thread

Old
08-02-2012, 09:59 PM
Frenchy
Global Moderator

vCash: 3375
In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics here) XXX

Plz continue here since the last Thread was over 1000 posts

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...220525&page=41

Old
08-02-2012, 10:04 PM
The Shermanator
Knee Brace Season

vCash: 50
Thanks Frenchy. You're the best.

Old
08-02-2012, 10:05 PM
Frenchy
Global Moderator

you're welcome

Old
08-02-2012, 11:28 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

vCash: 500
....so are we going to make a comment on how there is a new vin diesel XXX movie coming out or....

how has sherman been this off season.

08-02-2012, 11:43 PM
Congo Jack
Hello M'Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
....so are we going to make a comment on how there is a new vin diesel XXX movie coming out or....

how has sherman been this off season.
Vin Diesel xxx movie? I guess he's fallen on hard times and decided to take the Kim Kardashian route.....oh wait you mean the OTHER type of xXx.

But Shermy has done okay this OS, but he still didn't address our most major need (#2 defenseman). He has done a great job with the re-signings so far and I like the signing of PAP.

Old
08-03-2012, 12:04 AM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVE RANDESKOGAH View Post
But Shermy has done okay this OS, but he still didn't address our most major need (#2 defenseman). He has done a great job with the re-signings so far and I like the signing of PAP.
We could have addressed the need by acquiring Gunnarson and moving EJ to the #2 role.

Old
08-03-2012, 12:42 AM
Congo Jack
Hello M'Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
We could have addressed the need by acquiring Gunnarson and moving EJ to the #2 role.
If by Gunnarson you mean Jeff Finger and Bozak then yes we could have.

Old
08-03-2012, 01:27 AM
Drizzt1

Quote:
Vin Diesel xxx movie? I guess he's fallen on hard times and decided to take the Kim Kardashian route.....oh wait you mean the OTHER type of xXx.

We still have no sniper, true coach and/or a puck moving defensemen. EJ is our best quality all round D-man, and on a cup winning roster, he's a number three (number 2 at best) D-man.

Our roster has lots of "decent" players, but we lack a true superstar.

We are not the youngest roster anymore, and we will once again have one of the lowest payrolls in the entire NHL.

I think Sherman erred with Mueller, who in my opinion, will have a good year next season. Sherman couldn't or didn't get McClement to sign on the dotted line. That's another mistake.

We are yet to sign our most productive force last season.

To suggest Sherman "has done a great job" at anything is a BIG call in my opinion.

In fact, I believe we have held water,, and will continue to be that 18th-29th placed team we have been the past three of four years under him.

Most importantly though, the clubs social media, and ability to keep fans interested / excited in the off season is as bad as I have ever seen. How many weeks do we have to see "Bernie goes over the edge"? Seriously, tackling the big issues here, Greg?

Old
08-03-2012, 08:40 AM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Quote:
If by Gunnarson you mean Jeff Finger and Bozak then yes we could have.
Naw, Gunnarson is arguably better. Eskimo told us.

Old
08-03-2012, 12:24 PM
Razor29
52-22-8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt1 View Post
We still have no sniper, true coach and/or a puck moving defensemen. EJ is our best quality all round D-man, and on a cup winning roster, he's a number three (number 2 at best) D-man.

Our roster has lots of "decent" players, but we lack a true superstar.

We are not the youngest roster anymore, and we will once again have one of the lowest payrolls in the entire NHL.

I think Sherman erred with Mueller, who in my opinion, will have a good year next season. Sherman couldn't or didn't get McClement to sign on the dotted line. That's another mistake.

We are yet to sign our most productive force last season.

To suggest Sherman "has done a great job" at anything is a BIG call in my opinion.

In fact, I believe we have held water,, and will continue to be that 18th-29th placed team we have been the past three of four years under him.

Most importantly though, the clubs social media, and ability to keep fans interested / excited in the off season is as bad as I have ever seen. How many weeks do we have to see "Bernie goes over the edge"? Seriously, tackling the big issues here, Greg?
We aren't a cup team and Johnson is better than a #3 defenseman.

How do you suggest we get a 'true superstar' without trading away the future? (Parise and Suter were going to sign with Minny no matter what)

And actually, yes we still have quite a young roster: Duchene 21, O'Reilly 21, Stastny 26, Landeskog 19, McGinn 23, Jones 27, Downie 25, EJ 24, Wilson 25, Varlamov 24.

Mueller is always a question mark and you cannot rely on guys that can be one hit away from having their career ended. You always have to keep a spare forward on hand for when he inevitably gets hurt.

McClement wanted ice time as a 3rd liner. He would be 4th behind Stastny, Duchene and O'Reilly, so there was no way he was going to sign here (Avs offered more than what he accepted in Tor).

O'Reilly is an RFA, as long as he is signed by the start of the season, who cares how long it takes?

And I do not believe Sherman has anything to do with the marketing department of this team..

Old
08-03-2012, 03:52 PM
PAZ

^ What he said.

We don't need a true sniper with the 3 scoring lines. The only way of getting one is trading Stastny and then we'd have to change our entire team makeup, because we wouldn't be able to run 3 scoring lines.

I personally agree with not signing Mueller was a mistake, but it's pretty clear why they didn't. We replaced him with Parenteau, so it offsets it imo. I'd still love to have signed both, but it didn't work out that way.

I believe McClement went to Burke and asked for a contract, telling him he would sign at a discount if he could be the 3rd line center and be near his family.

Old
08-03-2012, 05:04 PM
Drizzt1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landeskogien View Post
We aren't a cup team and Johnson is better than a #3 defenseman.

How do you suggest we get a 'true superstar' without trading away the future? (Parise and Suter were going to sign with Minny no matter what)

And actually, yes we still have quite a young roster: Duchene 21, O'Reilly 21, Stastny 26, Landeskog 19, McGinn 23, Jones 27, Downie 25, EJ 24, Wilson 25, Varlamov 24.

Mueller is always a question mark and you cannot rely on guys that can be one hit away from having their career ended. You always have to keep a spare forward on hand for when he inevitably gets hurt.

McClement wanted ice time as a 3rd liner. He would be 4th behind Stastny, Duchene and O'Reilly, so there was no way he was going to sign here (Avs offered more than what he accepted in Tor).

O'Reilly is an RFA, as long as he is signed by the start of the season, who cares how long it takes?

And I do not believe Sherman has anything to do with the marketing department of this team..
I don't know. His 26 points, and minus 7 didn't instill me with that much confidence. A true number one succeeds DESPITE those around him (see Mark Streit, Shea Weber etc).

Old
08-03-2012, 05:08 PM
Ceremony
Transcendence

vCash: 499
Quote:
I don't know. His 26 points, and minus 7 didn't instill me with that much confidence. A true number one succeeds DESPITE those around him (see Mark Streit, Shea Weber etc).
Weber plays on a defense first team that does very well, so I don't see how he succeeds despite those around him. Also, he's the best defenseman in the league. Streit... well, he can't succeed that much if the Islanders' final positions are anything to go by.

Also, both of them are older than Johnson. EJ had an up and down season, but when he plays, he plays well. Of course, his surrounding cast & coaching is questionable but that's another argument.

Old
08-03-2012, 05:11 PM
Drizzt1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceremony View Post
Weber plays on a defense first team that does very well, so I don't see how he succeeds despite those around him. Also, he's the best defenseman in the league. Streit... well, he can't succeed that much if the Islanders' final positions are anything to go by.

Also, both of them are older than Johnson. EJ had an up and down season, but when he plays, he plays well. Of course, his surrounding cast & coaching is questionable but that's another argument.
Agree. Hopeully Quinn and Army have a positive influence. Apart from O'Reilly, there has not been one player under Joe Sacco I have seen come in great, and remain great consistently.

Old
08-03-2012, 05:16 PM
Ceremony
Transcendence

vCash: 499
Quote:
Agree. Hopeully Quinn and Army have a positive influence. Apart from O'Reilly, there has not been one player under Joe Sacco I have seen come in great, and remain great consistently.

Old
08-03-2012, 05:24 PM
cyberfan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Not that +/- stat means a lot but EJ was -14 by Dec 6th (23 games). Then he went +7 in his last 50 games. I'd say he had a very good last two thirds of the season. We all expect him to turn it on offensively this year. Let's see how he does. Hopefully Quinn will also help defensively.

Old
08-03-2012, 05:24 PM
Drizzt1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceremony View Post
He's played one season. We don't know what is upper level vs. lower lvl is. We'll see next season.

Old
08-03-2012, 11:15 PM
MikeC

Quote:
Wow!!! You lost all credibility here, Weber is a true number one but Streit is a one way player, very good offensively but very average defensively.

Old
08-03-2012, 11:24 PM
CalderKing21
Darth Calder

vCash: 531
Quote:
Weber is a beast and a top 3 defense man in this league. Streit is not in his league, just because a player is a team's number 1 doesn't mean he's comparable to a legit true franchise #1.

Old
08-04-2012, 11:55 AM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
Clearly only one solution to our #2 Dman problem...throw a boatload of money on an Offer Sheet to Cam Fowler next year.

Or sign Cam Barker, and hypnotize him into thinking he is Fowler.

Old
08-04-2012, 03:39 PM
NothingLikeAnEJ
Jimmies: Rustled

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundwaveIsCharisma View Post
Clearly only one solution to our #2 Dman problem...throw a boatload of money on an Offer Sheet to Cam Fowler next year.

Or sign Cam Barker, and hypnotize him into thinking he is Fowler.
Unfortunately, Cam wouldn't sign an offer sheet with the Avs. He's loving life in Anaheim.

Old
08-04-2012, 09:38 PM
Drizzt1

Honestly, i still don't get why or how we traded Liles away for next to nothing (actually, I DO know the reason to be honest):-

In his last three seasons with us, he went:-

39 points, in 75 games
31 points, in 59 games
46 points, in 76 games

Is this not EXACTLY what this team needed / needs? By all accounts, he was great in the locker room, and very popular among his peers.

Really, I don't get it.

Yet Matt Hunwick gets multi year extensions. Liles was more productive than Leopold.

Old
08-04-2012, 09:45 PM
Huis Clos*
Creamy Hamstrings

Liles puts up nice points but is extremely streaky and plays average defense only on his best days. He played here for many years and the defense was nothing much to speak of. Do you honestly think he would change that this year?

Old
08-04-2012, 10:39 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by hek View Post
Liles puts up nice points but is extremely streaky and plays average defense only on his best days. He played here for many years and the defense was nothing much to speak of. Do you honestly think he would change that this year?
Of the avs top 6 right now, EJ, Hejda,ROB,SOb,Zanon and Wilson, Liles is 4th on that list in terms of defense. Zanon has yet to even play for the avs so, last year Liles would have been 3rd in terms of actually defense. Trading away JML was the worst decision made by Shermy so far, not to bad considering other GM's blunders. I for one believe Greg's hands were tied, and was forced to trade away salary(especially, considering the avs force fed Elliott minutes, when they were starved for offense from the backend) but that's just me.

Old
08-05-2012, 03:31 PM
Frenchy
Global Moderator

Ok i've cleaned up the thread a little , guys keep in mind that a good debate is fine , you can attack the post if you want but not the poster .

Stuff like you this... and you that.... or people arround here are this or that, plz use commun sence because a personnal attack is flamming.

As for as what's going on another board , well they runs things like they think it's the best for them and we do the same, on our side with our own criterias and one of them is to respect eachothers.

one last thing , my apology if i had to delete a few of the posts , they were in ref to the initial post that i had to delete in the first place.

Last edited by Frenchy: 08-05-2012 at 03:43 PM.
Closed Thread