HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3/5/13 - "He's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!" - Panthers vs Jets

Closed Thread

Old
03-04-2013, 11:33 PM
Benched

vCash: 157
3/5/13 - "He's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!" - Panthers vs Jets

PANTHERS
  • Goalie Jose Theodore will be out 5-6 weeks after injuring his groin in North Carolina on Saturday
    night. It is very likely that Theodore has played his last game as a Panther.

• Dale Tallon announced today that Panthers veteran first line center Stephen Weiss will miss the rest of
    the season with a wrist injury
    . After a 57 point season in 2011-12, it's been a rough go for Weiss in
    2012-13 as he has scored only once and has just four points to go along with an NHL worst -13 +/-
    in 17 games. Weiss' performance has been so dismal it lead to him being benched for the first
    time any Panther fan could ever remember in Weiss' 11 years with the Cats. The soon to be
    30-year-old also missed time due to the death of his grandmother. Weiss is an unrestricted free
    agent at the end of the year. With a no-move clause included in the contract the Panthers gave
    him in 2007, the Panthers may find it hard to trade their former star player, let alone getting
    anywhere near proper value for him. As for re-signing him, in a weak free agent pool for centers,
    it is likely that the Cats will be outbid on Weiss' services this offseason. With Weiss out, Marcel Goc
    will likely assume first line center duties.

• To fill the void left on the third line by Goc's promotion, the Panthers called winger Jonathan
    Rheault
    up from San Antonio. Rheault's promotion to the bigs comes as a nice reward for his
    production with the Rampage. In 50 games, he scored 17 goals and added 20 assists. He will likely play
    opposite Jack Skille and Shawn Matthias.

• Defenseman Mike Weaver will be out at least one month with a lower body injury he suffered
    during last Thursday's game against the Sabres. After a rough start, Weaver was finally beginning to find
    some success at the end of February. In his final seven games before the injury, Weaver recorded four
    points, all on assists, and 11 blocked shots. The injury to Weaver will force the Panthers to utilize the
    struggling Filip Kuba.

• On Friday, Jonathan Huberdeau was named the NHL's top rookie for the month of February. In the
    month, Huberdeau had 6 goals, including one power play goal and one game winning goal and
    3 assists. Huberdeau leads all rookies on the year with 10 goals and is second in points
    with 15.

• Fellow rookie Jacob Markstrom makes his return to the Panther net tonight. Markstrom
    was called up Monday after the injury to Theodore and was slated to start against Carolina
    but an airline baggage snafu misplaced his goalie gear, forcing the Panthers to go to Scott
    Clemmensen
    . Despite solid play, Markstrom went 0-2 with a .915 save percentage
    before his latest demotion on February 25. He will likely be asked to handle the bulk of
    Florida's netminding duties for the rest of the season.

• Since scoring a hat trick and breaking out for a four point night against Pittsburgh last Tuesday,
    Tomas Kopecky has gone pointless in his last three games. Kopecky will look to find the
    scoresheet again tonight against the Jets whom, with a goal and a helper, he enjoyed a two point
    game against earlier this year.

• It is still unknown how long defenseman Dmitry Kulikov will be out. Kulikov hurt his wrist
    without contact while trying to play a puck in Sunday's game against the Hurricanes. With
    Kulikov sidelined, the Panthers called up Nolan Yonkman from San Antonio. He will get
    another start on the fourth defensive pairing tonight.

JETS
  • The Jets will be without their third line winger Anthony Peluso who was hurt in the Jets' last contest
    against the Capitals while fighting
    . Antti Miettenen, recently back from injury, is expected to
    take his place on that line.

• Dustin Byfuglien did not travel with his team to Florida and missed practice Monday because
    he was dealing with a personal matter in Minnesota. Byfuglien was expected to join the Jets
    on Tuesday and play on Tuesday night but a snowstorm is expected to hit the midwest and
    cause flight cancellations. If Byfuglien cannot join the Jets, already hindered on defense by injury,
    will be without their fifth best scorer and largest physical presence.

• The Jets struggle mightily on special teams. They own a 14.3 power play percentage, tied for
    sixth worst in the league. On the kill, Winnipeg is dead last in the NHL with a 72.7 kill percentage.

Complete with a full set of working goalie pads and helmet, goalie Jacob Markstrom is officially back and will start
in the Panther net tonight. Markstrom will make his third start for the Panthers this year. Earlier in the campaign,
Markstrom played very well but could not avoid going 0-2 before being sent back to San Antonio. He will be looking
for his first win of the year against a Jets offense that is 18th in the league in scoring with 2.62 goals per game, a
much easier challenge than the two he faced previously: Pittsburgh, who is the second best scoring team in the
league and Boston, the eighth best.

Last edited by Benched: 03-05-2013 at 03:18 PM.
Old
03-04-2013, 11:50 PM
Pantherkidd101
Don't Read This

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Pantherkidd101
Markstrom!

Old
03-04-2013, 11:58 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Come on Marky! Let's get off to a good start in the Markstrom era.

Old
03-05-2013, 12:44 AM
Benched

I have no idea how to make it so that the thread doesn't resize my pics automatically.

edit: got it. What a pain in the ass.

I'll be there tonight. Let's win.

Last edited by Benched: 03-05-2013 at 02:10 AM.
Old
03-05-2013, 04:11 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benched View Post
I have no idea how to make it so that the thread doesn't resize my pics automatically.

edit: got it. What a pain in the ass.

I'll be there tonight. Let's win.
Now you know how I feel when Im working with over 20 images in my GDT. Pain in the butt! Nice work BTW.

Im pulling for an OT loss today, because Im all aboard on the tank train.

Old
03-05-2013, 05:35 AM
billysbreakdown

vCash: 235
Oh the amount of chaos that will rise here if Marky gets off to a rough start...

Old
03-05-2013, 06:27 AM
Boothinator
@MrBoothinator

vCash: 50
Markstrom *-* An Alien will land in South Florida tooooonight!!!

Old
03-05-2013, 07:08 AM
SoupyFIN
Lu ♥

I don't see what's wrong with this team, I just won a SC with only Selanne and Kipper added (6th seed, Leafs in 7, Caps in 7, Habs in 7, Canucks in 6 and Jovo scored the cup clinching SHG ).

Also, Huber jumped from 79 to 89 overall.

Old
03-05-2013, 07:09 AM
JP Mick
Fire trucks beware!

vCash: 120
No third line tonight? Oh boy, we are in trouble.

Old
03-05-2013, 07:09 AM
Benched

Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
Now you know how I feel when Im working with over 20 images in my GDT. Pain in the butt! Nice work BTW.

Im pulling for an OT loss today, because Im all aboard on the tank train.
I bow to your superior patience, sir. And thanks.

Taking my girlfriend to her first game some hopefully it's at least an entertaining one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Mick View Post
Dangit. I love what happens when I do things at 4AM.

I'll add it in.

Old
03-05-2013, 07:54 AM
HockeyRulez
Lets Go Panthers!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Panther View Post
Oh the amount of chaos that will rise here if Marky gets off to a rough start...
I'm worried about this too.... As much as I want to tank for a top pick this year, I don't want Markstrom to lose to the point it affects him mentally....

Old
03-05-2013, 07:58 AM
RampageNate

Send a message via Yahoo to RampageNate
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyRulez View Post
... I don't want Markstrom to lose to the point it affects him mentally....
It won't. I'm telling you.

Old
03-05-2013, 07:58 AM
freakstar
Paaaaaanthers

Florida Panthers ‏@FlaPanthers

The #FlaPanthers have recalled forward @jwrheault from the @SARampage.

Old
03-05-2013, 08:03 AM
Benched

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Mick View Post
There.

Old
03-05-2013, 08:10 AM
HockeyRulez
Lets Go Panthers!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakstar View Post
Florida Panthers ‏@FlaPanthers

The #FlaPanthers have recalled forward @jwrheault from the @SARampage.
interesting... depth player? or filling a spot on the 3rd/4th line???

Old
03-05-2013, 08:37 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
I'm worried about this too.... As much as I want to tank for a top pick this year, I don't want Markstrom to lose to the point it affects him mentally....
As you see above with our reliable San Antonio Source aliens makeup won't let that effect him; losing would be overshadowed by NHL experience gained.

It won't bother me at all if he has a rough start or remainder of season as I rather watch the future grow than the past wilt.

Old
03-05-2013, 08:47 AM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

vCash: 835
Sux to hear about Peluso. Wanted to see him go with Parros.

-ghoste

Old
03-05-2013, 09:20 AM
Panthers Rock
Slumpin' Like A Soph

Send a message via AIM to Panthers Rock
Quote:
interesting... depth player? or filling a spot on the 3rd/4th line???
Rheault has to be better than Santorelli, because at this point who isn't? Santo's only saving grace is he doesn't take dumb penalties. Other than that he's useless. I'm glad he was doing well in the AHL but there's a reason for that, that's what he's good for now. He's already proven he's worthless up here. Any number of young guys deserve a shot over him.

Florida Panthers: 2014 NHL Entry Draft Lottery...Winners?
Old
03-05-2013, 09:25 AM
PSLguy

Great work on the GDT - Benched!

We will be at the game tonight and just want to see a solid 60 minute effort by the team - win or lose. What bothers us the most is when the team seems to give up and just goes through the motions.

I still believe that due to the injury to Cam Ward the Panthers have a decent chance to win the division! 6 division points are available between tonight and Friday.

LET'S GO PANTHERS!

Old
03-05-2013, 09:26 AM
CanadianPanther
One Patient Panther

Nice work on the GDT Benched, very clean presentation.

I'm thinking we do well tonight with the Big Cat in net and pull out a win. I'm starting to wonder if Vegas is taking bets on when Weiss will score his next goal? I really hope he can contribute sooner than later and if not I'm sure the Kid Line will show all the vets how it's done.

Let the Markstrom era begin with a solid performance from the ENTIRE team.

Old
03-05-2013, 09:31 AM
Panthers Rock
Slumpin' Like A Soph

Send a message via AIM to Panthers Rock
Yes sorry forgot to mention, fantastic work on this GDT, Benched. Well done in such a short amount of time. Everyone is impressing with their threads this year

Hopefully Markstrom actually starts tonight, regardless of outcome.

Florida Panthers
Lines from #FlaPanthers morning skate: 11-15-88, 14-57-82, 12-18-52, 13-25-22. @jwrheault is #52.

Old
03-05-2013, 09:42 AM
CanadianPanther
One Patient Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers Rock View Post
Yes sorry forgot to mention, fantastic work on this GDT, Benched. Well done in such a short amount of time. Everyone is impressing with their threads this year

Hopefully Markstrom actually starts tonight, regardless of outcome.

Florida Panthers
Lines from #FlaPanthers morning skate: 11-15-88, 14-57-82, 12-18-52, 13-25-22. @jwrheault is #52.
No Weiss? Is he scratched? Not a big deal if he is but just eye catching to not see #9 on the line combinations. I'm all for letting him rest/heal up if he needs it, let someone else get an opportunity.

Old
03-05-2013, 10:22 AM
CanadianPanther
One Patient Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupyFIN View Post
I don't see what's wrong with this team, I just won a SC with only Selanne and Kipper added (6th seed, Leafs in 7, Caps in 7, Habs in 7, Canucks in 6 and Jovo scored the cup clinching SHG ).

Also, Huber jumped from 79 to 89 overall.
Soupy, how did you get Huberdeau up to a 89? I groomed him in my GM mode and he never got over 84 and then he had ONE off year and fell to a 81 and bascially was forced to trade him at 30 years old because he was asking for 4 years @ $4.5 million/year. We made the playoffs 7 out of 10 years, making the Cup final once. I play on All-star difficulity.

Markstrom is a beast though, he reached 92 overall at his peak but his contract ballooned to $13 million when he was 31 years old

Old
03-05-2013, 10:36 AM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

Would've liked to see Howden, is he not playing well in San Antonio?

Old
03-05-2013, 10:38 AM
SoupyFIN
Lu ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianPanther View Post
Soupy, how did you get Huberdeau up to a 89? I groomed him in my GM mode and he never got over 84 and then he had ONE off year and fell to a 81 and bascially was forced to trade him at 30 years old because he was asking for 4 years @ $4.5 million/year. We made the playoffs 7 out of 10 years, making the Cup final once. I play on All-star difficulity.
I had him on the 2nd line with Mueller and Selanne, and IIRC he didn't even go PPG during the season. Maybe it was the playoffs since the finals was the only series that didn't go 7 and even that went to 6.

Simmed through the whole season and playoffs on All-star, but now I'm sort of screwed because Matthias got offersheeted (for 3.5x3 freakin $$ what the ****) and Mueller is asking for 6 million.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianPanther View Post
Markstrom is a beast though, he reached 92 overall at his peak but his contract ballooned to $13 million when he was 31 years old
I had him in the AHL for the first year, he had a good year (Rampage was 2nd seed, lost in the 1st round in 5 games) but still didn't rise nearly enough what the stats would suggest. IIRC he was a 76 when I started, now he's a 79.

Also Howden&McFarland were playing 1st line and had good stats, but had the same little progress as Markstrom.

How does this thing actually work.

Closed Thread