HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Theo May Be Out For The Season

Old
03-03-2013, 02:25 PM
Georgia Panther

vCash: 500
Theo May Be Out For The Season

Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS

Torn ligament (right knee) for #panthers José Théodore. Question is if he'll need a surgery or not. Season in jeopardy.

Georgia Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 02:29 PM
Kaptain
WarBortles

Bad news: Season is now over for you guys, and Theo is old, so his career could be in jeopardy.
Good news: Get to try out new goalies.

Kaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 02:30 PM
Mogo
#GameOver

vCash: 814
Congratz Markstrom becoming the starter. Good luck!!!

Mogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 02:47 PM
Boothinator
@MrBoothinator

vCash: 310
Really sad for Theodore...

But the ALIEN is flying into South Florida NOW!!!! Will take over starting duties immediately!!

Boothinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 02:52 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boothinator View Post
Really sad for Theodore...

But the ALIEN is flying into South Florida NOW!!!! Will take over starting duties immediately!!
Markstrom needs to be given a shot to take it over now.........Theodore had a good career but his yr is over and he's more of a back up now. As a UFA I doubt he was coming back anyway but they could of got a pick for him

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 02:57 PM
Papa044

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to Papa044
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSaw View Post
Bad news: Season is now over for you guys, and Theo is old, so his career could be in jeopardy.
Good news: Get to try out new goalies.
season has been over and if anything markstrom will lead the team to a better record compared to Theodore

Papa044 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 03:56 PM
nhlfan9191

I thought It was a groin tear?

nhlfan9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 03:59 PM
Erick*

I hope no one disrespects him in this thread, for what it's worth.

Struggles aside, injuries like this are bigger than the sport so I feel bad. Especially if he plans on retiring after the year.

He had a nice career, and did some nice things here. There have been many good starting goalies here, but Theo was the first one in a decade to be the starting goalie of a playoff team here.

I'm sure this is his last year here. I hope he can find a backup job with another team next year. He seems like a good character guy who's overcome a lot of adversity in his career. Wish him well.

Markstrom's time to shine now.

Erick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 04:04 PM
SoupyFIN
Global Moderator
#CatsAren'tComing

vCash: 50
Thanks Theo for the 1.5 seasons, but this was always to become Markstrom's team. This just accelerated the inevitable. And with Clemmer signed through next season, doubt Theo would have stayed anyway.

SoupyFIN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 04:09 PM
Marchessault Good
Yu - Behr - Doe

You were a huge part in ending this teams playoff drought, Theo! Thanks! Get well soon... But... WE WANT MARKSTROM !!! WOOOOO

Marchessault Good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 04:17 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
#CatsAreBack

Sad way to possibly end his career in Florida but now we can really see a lot more of Markstrom. Probably for a long long time.

FlaPnthrsPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 04:23 PM
Dr Beinfest

I was really pushing for Theo to find himself... sad to see him go down.

That being said, for any hopefuls for this season, if Theo were not to find himself, this is a blessing in disguise of an injury. Markstrom has quite the ability.

Dr Beinfest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 06:44 PM
batting1k
HFB Partner

Theo really lost his touch this season and he's been really inconsistent.

batting1k is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 06:48 PM
Benched

Feel bad for him, especially if it's his career. He had a decent one though.

Markstrom time (allbeit a bit late).

Benched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 09:34 PM
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benched View Post
Feel bad for him, especially if it's his career. He had a decent one though.

Markstrom time (allbeit a bit late).
agreed.

Thanks theo for last yr!

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 10:25 PM
p9ers

Thanks for the playoff.

p9ers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 11:09 PM
JonathanHuberdoh
Sacrilicious

Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
I will forever be grateful for Theo doing what no other goaltender has been able to do for this team in the last 10 years, make the playoffs. He was a big part of last season (as was Clemmer), and played so well for us in so many key situations. It's been really hard to see him fall out of form this season, but it happens.

I know it's not likely at this point but I was really hoping Theo would be the guy we keep along with Markstrom. I feel like he would be a strong contributor with 20-25 games a season. That kind of work load could benefit him at this stage of his career.

I also feel that Markstrom can learn a lot more from Theo than he can from Clemmer. Theo is a small goalie and has to rely on a different set of skills than Marky in order to be effective and make saves. If Theo is talking to him and giving him tips, he has the potential to learn new abilities and make his all around game better.

I really hope his career isn't done. He's been a pleasure to have on this team and will hold a strong spot in our history for last season alone.

JonathanHuberdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 08:29 AM
nhlfan9191

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanHuberdoh View Post
I will forever be grateful for Theo doing what no other goaltender has been able to do for this team in the last 10 years, make the playoffs. He was a big part of last season (as was Clemmer), and played so well for us in so many key situations. It's been really hard to see him fall out of form this season, but it happens.

I know it's not likely at this point but I was really hoping Theo would be the guy we keep along with Markstrom. I feel like he would be a strong contributor with 20-25 games a season. That kind of work load could benefit him at this stage of his career.

I also feel that Markstrom can learn a lot more from Theo than he can from Clemmer. Theo is a small goalie and has to rely on a different set of skills than Marky in order to be effective and make saves. If Theo is talking to him and giving him tips, he has the potential to learn new abilities and make his all around game better.

I really hope his career isn't done. He's been a pleasure to have on this team and will hold a strong spot in our history for last season alone.
I would personally love to see Theo retire in Montreal. Chance to make peace with the fans where it all started for him.

nhlfan9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 09:02 AM
CoolburnIsGone

Still want to hear what the actual situation is based on this from GR:
Quote:
A Panthers source said Theodore didn’t tear knee ligaments in Saturday’s loss to Carolina. RDS, the French-language arm of TSN, Canada’s ESPN, reported that Theodore sustained a torn groin.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/03/0...solid-but.html

CoolburnIsGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 09:08 AM
Beardy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
Still want to hear what the actual situation is based on this from GR:
Good to hear.

Unfortunately, the news for Cam Ward is as bad as it gets. Torn MCL, done for the season.

Beardy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 09:13 AM
G F O P

http://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/st...95956662804480
Quote:
Sounds like FLA G Jose Theodore (groin) will be out a minimum of 6 weeks but more medical evaluation is likely before an exact prognosis.

G F O P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 09:18 AM
FloriDada

Welcome aboard, Markstrom. Sounds like he'll be here full time now.

FloriDada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 09:19 AM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

Shame to see Theo out injured. He's a good servant to his clubs but will be interesting to see Markstrom play. Against the Penguins he was impressive.

Shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 09:32 AM
ThePatientPanther
Fix the PP!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixcuincle View Post
6 weeks is the end of the season so Markstrom will get his chance a little earlier than expected. I wish Theo a successful surgery and rehab, the guy had a stellar season for us last year. I wish he had the extra year left on his contract and not Clemmensen.

I think this injury may end Jose's run in a Panther uniform. I know Budaj is a UFA at the end of the season, being only 30 years old, he will be the best bet to be re-signed to back up Price but if Theo's career is over then I'd hope Montreal would sign him to a one-day contract ad let him retire where he made his name in the NHL.

Carolina losing Cam Ward for the season does keep our season alive somewhat with us having a couple divisional games with Tampa, Washington and Winnipeg still left. I remain a tad optomistic but I think the injuries, the whole defensive game and inconsistent goaltending will be the straw that broke the Panther's back this season.

GET WELL SOON THEO

ThePatientPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2013, 10:14 AM
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianPanther View Post
6 weeks is the end of the season so Markstrom will get his chance a little earlier than expected. I wish Theo a successful surgery and rehab, the guy had a stellar season for us last year. I wish he had the extra year left on his contract and not Clemmensen.

I think this injury may end Jose's run in a Panther uniform. I know Budaj is a UFA at the end of the season, being only 30 years old, he will be the best bet to be re-signed to back up Price but if Theo's career is over then I'd hope Montreal would sign him to a one-day contract ad let him retire where he made his name in the NHL.

Carolina losing Cam Ward for the season does keep our season alive somewhat with us having a couple divisional games with Tampa, Washington and Winnipeg still left. I remain a tad optomistic but I think the injuries, the whole defensive game and inconsistent goaltending will be the straw that broke the Panther's back this season.

GET WELL SOON THEO
I adopt and agree all your sentiments.

Weiss would have to wake up, Versteeg come back on fire reuniting their line giving us 2 awesome lines, and Markstrom come in and light up the league. We need all those stars to allign for a 7 game winning streak; an unlikely scenario.

With Marky playing I look forward to going to the games and watching our youngn grow.

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote