HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Trouba to Detroit

Old
04-11-2016, 10:16 AM
WinnipegWinter*

vCash: 500
Trouba to Detroit

I'm sure Trouba would love to play on his hometown team, and with news of Datsyuk leaving it makes sense for them to bring in younger pieces to build around.

What would it take from Detroit in order for it to make sense?

WinnipegWinter* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2016, 10:27 AM
Number1RedWingsFan52

One of the scenarios mentions was Detroit trading for Hamonic and then flipping him to Winnipeg for Trouba.

New York Islanders Nyquist+Marchenko/Sproul+Detroits 2016 2nd round pick.

Detroit Travis Hamonic

And then Detroit flips Hamonic to Winnipeg for Trouba.

Winnipeg Travis Hamonic

Detroit Jacob Trouba

Since there was some talk of a Hamonic for Trouba deal, Though it sounds like Garth Snow has since shot that down. I wonder if this could be a realistic possibility.

Number1RedWingsFan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2016, 10:27 AM
lomiller1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinnipegWinter View Post
I'm sure Trouba would love to play on his hometown team, and with news of Datsyuk leaving it makes sense for them to bring in younger pieces to build around.

What would it take from Detroit in order for it to make sense?
They don't have the pieces I'd be looking for from the Wpg side.

lomiller1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2016, 11:10 AM
Hunter368
Canada

Travis for Trouba, meh...no reason for Jets to do it unless either Trouba demands a trade (to-date he's been very happy here), demands too much money (no indication of that to-date) or we simply don't think he's that good (Jets are very high on him to-date).

Trouba development is going good, projects to be at least as good as Travis and potentially better and is 3-4 years younger. Plus were not in compete now mode, so we can wait as Trouba develops.

Just so no reason for a Trouba For Travis trade, likely Chevy believes samething which is why Chevy turned Snow down when Snow asked for Trouba.

Hunter368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2016, 12:20 PM
RedBar
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 2377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number1RedWingsFan52 View Post
One of the scenarios mentions was Detroit trading for Hamonic and then flipping him to Winnipeg for Trouba.

Detroit Travis Hamonic

Winnipeg Travis Hamonic

Detroit Jacob Trouba

Since there was some talk of a Hamonic for Trouba deal, Though it sounds like Garth Snow has since shot that down. I wonder if this could be a realistic possibility.
Trouba is definitely worth more than Hamonic. Detroit would have to add something and more likely, the Islanders would just want Trouba themselves since Snow has said he wants another defender in return for Hamonic.

RedBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2016, 12:41 PM
Maukkis
ScheifElite

Delete

Last edited by Maukkis: 04-11-2016 at 12:49 PM.
Maukkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2016, 12:48 PM
Maukkis
ScheifElite

Detroit this time? Well, I'm dropping the D-bomb here. Give us a reason to trade Trouba and it might happen. So, both Larkin and Trouba are either on or off the table.

Another alternative is funnily enough also a D-bomb but on a smaller scale. I guess DeKeyser and some other pieces like Tatar, 1st, Mantha etc. might work, but that overpayment would be almost as bad as Larkin - which I fully acknowledge. But hey, Trouba is our only young D with top pairing, even 1D potential, so better to keep your good stuff on the table.

Old
04-11-2016, 01:30 PM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by vBurmi View Post
Trouba is definitely worth more than Hamonic. Detroit would have to add something and more likely, the Islanders would just want Trouba themselves since Snow has said he wants another defender in return for Hamonic.
I agree that Detroit would have to add to Hamonic if the acquired him, Maybe something around Hamonic+ Nyquist could work or whatever Winnipeg would need could be done. If Winnipeg needs a LHD possibly Detroit could help there as well.

Thought they said that Snow pretty much shot down Hamonic for Trouba, Especially if Trouba is seeking more then $6 mil per though not sure if that's factual at all.

But i tend to agree, Not sure that Detroit would be willing to give up the pieces that Winnipeg would want for Trouba. As one poster had suggested something around Larkin+ for Trouba and sorry that's just not happening. Pretty sure that we could move Larkin+ for far more better defenseman then Trouba.

As much as i would love to bring Trouba home to Detroit, As of right now i don't see Holland willing to move the necessary pieces to get the job done here.

Old
04-11-2016, 01:42 PM
Maukkis
ScheifElite

Quote:
I agree that Detroit would have to add to Hamonic if the acquired him, Maybe something around Hamonic+ Nyquist could work or whatever Winnipeg would need could be done. If Winnipeg needs a LHD possibly Detroit could help there as well.

Thought they said that Snow pretty much shot down Hamonic for Trouba, Especially if Trouba is seeking more then $6 mil per though not sure if that's factual at all.

But i tend to agree, Not sure that Detroit would be willing to give up the pieces that Winnipeg would want for Trouba. As one poster had suggested something around Larkin+ for Trouba and sorry that's just not happening. Pretty sure that we could move Larkin+ for far more better defenseman then Trouba.

As much as i would love to bring Trouba home to Detroit, As of right now i don't see Holland willing to move the necessary pieces to get the job done here.
Not necessarily Larkin+ - we would probably add there - but as I said, Trouba is almost as big of a need to us as Larkin is to you. Only other piece who I could live with being the centerpiece would be DeKeyser, but I'm assuming he is not someone you are willing to move either? And you're right, Larkin would probably get a better defender, but not nearly good enough to ever consider moving him for one of them.

Old
04-11-2016, 01:58 PM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maukkis View Post
Not necessarily Larkin+ - we would probably add there - but as I said, Trouba is almost as big of a need to us as Larkin is to you. Only other piece who I could live with being the centerpiece would be DeKeyser, but I'm assuming he is not someone you are willing to move either? And you're right, Larkin would probably get a better defender, but not nearly good enough to ever consider moving him for one of them.
Honestly neither one of Larkin or DeKeyser are available, They're both Detroit kids and Holland loves his Detroit and Michigan kids Abdelkader added to that.

When Holland signed DeKeyser as a free agent out of Western Michigan he pretty much made him a promise that he would be a Wing for a long time. And i tend to believe he will be so both Larkin and or DeKeyser are no go's.

The core that i could see Detroit building around will be Larkin, DeKeyser and Mrazek. Like i said i don't see Holland moving the pieces that would need to be moved for Trouba.

And i'm pretty sure that Larkin's value to say to Detroit, Is worth just as much as what Trouba's value to Winnipeg would be. The scouts say that Larkin is pretty much a Toews type of player and you just don't move those kind of guys.

Ken Holland is just to conservative of a GM to do any thing to better this club, All the more reason why we would never see a Trouba for Detroit deal happen. Maybe the best we can hope for is something around Tatar for Vatanen.

Old
04-11-2016, 02:23 PM
Maukkis
ScheifElite

Quote:
Honestly neither one of Larkin or DeKeyser are available, They're both Detroit kids and Holland loves his Detroit and Michigan kids Abdelkader added to that.

When Holland signed DeKeyser as a free agent out of Western Michigan he pretty much made him a promise that he would be a Wing for a long time. And i tend to believe he will be so both Larkin and or DeKeyser are no go's.

The core that i could see Detroit building around will be Larkin, DeKeyser and Mrazek. Like i said i don't see Holland moving the pieces that would need to be moved for Trouba.

And i'm pretty sure that Larkin's value to say to Detroit, Is worth just as much as what Trouba's value to Winnipeg would be. The scouts say that Larkin is pretty much a Toews type of player and you just don't move those kind of guys.

Ken Holland is just to conservative of a GM to do any thing to better this club, All the more reason why we would never see a Trouba for Detroit deal happen. Maybe the best we can hope for is something around Tatar for Vatanen.
100% agreed. Larkin, Mrazek and DeKeyser are a solid trio to build around. It's not like your cupboards are bare either, so some help might be coming soon from there (Saarijärvi pls). And I agree with you; Larkin (just like Mrazek and DDK) isn't someone to trade away. By the way, isn't it a contract year for Mrazek and DDK? Are they being signed long term or bridge?

Old
04-11-2016, 02:40 PM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maukkis View Post
100% agreed. Larkin, Mrazek and DeKeyser are a solid trio to build around. It's not like your cupboards are bare either, so some help might be coming soon from there (Saarijärvi pls). And I agree with you; Larkin (just like Mrazek and DDK) isn't someone to trade away. By the way, isn't it a contract year for Mrazek and DDK? Are they being signed long term or bridge?
Definitely the plan is to build around the core of Larkin, DeKeyser and Mrazek.

And with future adds such as Andreas Athanasiou, Anthony Mantha, Evgeny Svechnikov possibly Robbie Russo and others Detroit's future is still bright.

As far as Mrazek and DDKs contracts, It sounded like until he had his little stumble it sounded like Detroit might've given Mrazek a possible long term deal now i think he will get a 2 year bridge deal around 3.5mil of 4 mil per and i could see DDK getting a similar deal as the Maatta deal around 6 years with a 4.1 mil AAV. maybe possibly slightly higher. He still has 1 more year left on his RFA.

Old
04-11-2016, 03:14 PM
SLAPSHOT723
QU! Bobcats!

Quote:

Detroit Travis Hamonic

Winnipeg Travis Hamonic

Detroit Jacob Trouba

We would just do Trouba for Hamonic ourselves if we could.

SLAPSHOT723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2016, 03:23 PM
ZDatsZuke
This year, maybe

vCash: 550
Jimmy Howard, and one of Nyquist/Tatar/Mantha

ZDatsZuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2016, 03:27 PM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
We would just do Trouba for Hamonic ourselves if we could.
Thought Snow pretty much shot down this notion though.

Old
04-11-2016, 03:32 PM
SLAPSHOT723
QU! Bobcats!

Quote:
Thought Snow pretty much shot down this notion though.
Yeah, it seems as though Trouba has a tough agent. If he were signed I'm sure he'd be interested, but I doubt Snow wants to deal with a lengthy contract negotiation. Then again, WPG could give Snow permission to speak about a contract, and if that were to go well that could be the deal too.

I think we end up getting Myers and a 4th for Hamonic though.

SLAPSHOT723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2016, 03:42 PM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
Yeah, it seems as though Trouba has a tough agent. If he were signed I'm sure he'd be interested, but I doubt Snow wants to deal with a lengthy contract negotiation. Then again, WPG could give Snow permission to speak about a contract, and if that were to go well that could be the deal too.

I think we end up getting Myers and a 4th for Hamonic though.
Agreed, I could see something around Hamonic for Meyers and a 4th as well. I always thought that a Myers for Hamonic deal was the most likely scenario.

And of course as far as possibly Trouba asking for $6+ mil we don't know if this is accurate, I guess it could be possible if he truly say wanted out of Winnipeg. And as of now it sounds like he's happy there. If this were the case then if he did get traded to a team of his liking. Then maybe he would settle for less. Just don't know.

I guess we will find out this summer, If it's true that he wants big money, Or just another bad report.