HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics here) XXXI

Closed Thread

Old
01-22-2013, 11:51 AM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

vCash: 500
I have concerns about Wilson's health (re: concussions) going forward, but apart from that I think he's a keeper. Yeah, his lack of speed is sometimes glaring, but you could say that about a lot of our defensemen. In fact...too many of our defensemen.

I'd much rather see Hunwick, SOB, or Hejda moved before they set their sights on Wilson. About the only veteran defenders we have I would place above him are EJ and O'Byrne.

Old
01-22-2013, 02:00 PM
ChibiPooky
Caps/Avs/Bills fan

vCash: 50
So Katie Strang says Niederreiter wants out of NYI. Thoughts?

Old
01-22-2013, 02:06 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
Redundant around here. We have plenty of wingers (granted he has more skill than any of them save for Landeskog). Also, doesn't show much character on his part to ask for a trade already.

Old
The Pwnerer
We are never give up

I'd would start with one of Barrie, Elliot, Siemens and add some. We need a pure goal scorer.

Old
Avs71

Quote:
Not a whole lot of space of in our top 9. Unless the plan was to not have O'Reilly come back, move Downie to center, and aquire someone like him. Which doesn't exactly sound like a great plan. I guess he could always take Hejduk's spot too, but I'm sure his value is still quite high since he has done well in the AHL this season, and is a recent high draft pick.

Old
01-22-2013, 02:30 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
No need for a winger with strong needs at D and possibly center.

Only way I see us being involved with Nino is in a three way trade where another team gets him. Or in a separate trade, if a team giving us a legit #2 D insists on adding one of Downie or McGinn to O'Reilly.

Old
01-22-2013, 02:47 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

What a gong show. Have him up all year last year when he wasn't ready just because of his cap hit was larger than his salary. He lights it up in the AHL this year and isn't even invited to camp. I can understand if he wants to get out of there.

They need a new owner, a new GM and a new culture. They have a lot of good young pieces, but they will screw it up.

Old
01-22-2013, 02:57 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
What a gong show. Have him up all year last year when he wasn't ready just because of his cap hit was larger than his salary. He lights it up in the AHL this year and isn't even invited to camp. I can understand if he wants to get out of there.

They need a new owner, a new GM and a new culture. They have a lot of good young pieces, but they will screw it up.
Seriously. NYI is just a complete ****show. I feel sorry for their fan base, or whoever's left that didn't jump ship to the Rangers.

Old
01-22-2013, 03:01 PM
The Angry Teatowel
@AngryTeatowel

I think El Niño is exactly what we need. We need a skilled winger to go with all of our heart and soul types and he would potentially be our best winger in a few years, should we acquire him.

Old
01-22-2013, 03:10 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyBroomers View Post
I think El Niño is exactly what we need. We need a skilled winger to go with all of our heart and soul types and he would potentially be our best winger in a few years, should we acquire him.
I'd rank a young top pairing defender, top 4 defender, and #3C all before a winger like El Nino. He would be a nice get, but that isn't the biggest weakness on this team, and the cost to get him would likely exceed what the Avs are willing to give up (Siemens + 1st is probably what it would take).

Old
01-22-2013, 03:10 PM
ChibiPooky
Caps/Avs/Bills fan

Eh. I see a need for a high skill winger. With no legitimate sniper, goals are going to be tough to come by. They'd essentially be relying upon Stastny and Parenteau to create back door tap-in chances for the Downies and McGinns of the world. Avs have a number of guys who can play the proverbial third wheel on a top 6 line, but few who are creative and talented enough to drive play or make defensemen shift. Shooter-Distributor-NetCrasher works well for a reason - Distributor and Shooter draw the focus of the D, leaving NetCrasher alone or one-on-one with a forward. If Shooter is missing, the D doesn't have to leave the net to chase the non-threatening guy outside. Avs have Distributors and NetCrashers, but Duchene is really the only high skill scoring forward. Landeskog is more "destructive" than "creative", if you get what I mean. But there is definitely a lack of creative skilled forwards. Yes, there is a need on D as well.

Old
01-22-2013, 03:13 PM
ChibiPooky
Caps/Avs/Bills fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
I'd rank a young top pairing defender, top 4 defender, and #3C all before a winger like El Nino. He would be a nice get, but that isn't the biggest weakness on this team, and the cost to get him would likely exceed what the Avs are willing to give up (Siemens + 1st is probably what it would take).
O'Reilly, Wilson, stuff -> Niederreiter, Hamonic would be my inclination. NYI doesn't give up both though, I think.

Old
01-22-2013, 03:21 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Quote:
O'Reilly, Wilson, stuff -> Niederreiter, Hamonic would be my inclination. NYI doesn't give up both though, I think.
That stuff would have to be a good amount. The NYI have no need for O'Reilly. They have Strome coming up and Nielson is about the same as O'Reilly. They could use Wilson, but he isn't huge improvement over anybody in their top 4. Though he would probably look good next to Streit. There is also no way they give up Hamonic or MacDonald.

Old
01-22-2013, 03:22 PM
Foppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pwnerer View Post
I'd would start with one of Barrie, Elliot, Siemens and add some. We need a pure goal scorer.
So we target a guy who has 2 goals in 64 games?

I say that a bit tongue-in-cheek of course, given his age and him playing on Long Island. But it is a rather funny statement taken purely at face value. Not sure how much he helps this team anytime in the near future.

Old
01-22-2013, 03:30 PM
niwotsblessing

Jones for Nino+, Isles need a "proven power forward."

Old
01-22-2013, 03:47 PM
SlyAvs
smokin Joe

Nino 55 nhl games, 1 g ?

Old
01-22-2013, 03:56 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyAvs View Post
Nino 55 nhl games, 1 g ?
He has great potential.

Old
01-22-2013, 04:02 PM
MikeC

Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
El Nino = a young prospect that did absolutly nothing in the big league

I would not do a 2013 1 rd for him and you are adding Siemens ... oufff

Old
01-22-2013, 04:02 PM
RobinDIF
Reunite ROR & Landy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyAvs View Post
Nino 55 nhl games, 1 g ?
Forced him into the NHL too soon.

Old
01-22-2013, 04:11 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeC View Post
El Nino = a young prospect that did absolutly nothing in the big league

I would not do a 2013 1 rd for him and you are adding Siemens ... oufff
I wouldn't do that trade, just saying what it would take to get him. IMO it isn't worth it for the Avs to trade for this sort of player at the moment. The Avs need to get a top pairing D and a #3C first.

A few years removed from being the #5 pick and universally regarded as a great prospect. Has a great 2010-11, terrible 11-12 (shouldn't have been in the NHL), and off to a great start in the AHL this year. He is easily, easily worth a 2013 1st round pick.

Remember we traded Wolski for Mueller who had demanded a trade and already had a concussion issue. El Nino has a lot of trade value right now based on potential.

Old
01-22-2013, 04:26 PM
Daddy Longlegs

Duchene didn't impress me at all so far. I say trade him while his trade value starts to plummet. I'd use him to acquire a top 2 d man. I'd like to trade Duchene to Winnipeg for Byfuglien and maybe Burmistrov or Scheifele. Byfuglien is a game changer with a wicked shot. Great hands. And the way Duchene is looking these days, burmistrov OR Scheifele could easily reach his caliber. They aren't far off right now.

Old
01-22-2013, 04:27 PM
SlyAvs
smokin Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinDIF View Post
Forced him into the NHL too soon.
Yes that what i read too but he's doing good now in AHL 39 games 19 G and 122 sog good RW prospect with size

Old
01-22-2013, 05:06 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy Longlegs View Post
Duchene didn't impress me at all so far. I say trade him while his trade value starts to plummet. I'd use him to acquire a top 2 d man. I'd like to trade Duchene to Winnipeg for Byfuglien and maybe Burmistrov or Scheifele. Byfuglien is a game changer with a wicked shot. Great hands. And the way Duchene is looking these days, burmistrov OR Scheifele could easily reach his caliber. They aren't far off right now.
What is your end game here? You come on our boards and make the same stupid post over and over. Even if we all say "sure buddy, whatever you want" how does this help you?

Old
01-22-2013, 05:09 PM
shadow1

vCash: 1210
New York has an atrocious record developing it's first round talent.

With the exception of Tavares, Okposo, and Dipietro, almost every first round pick they've made in the past 15 years has been a huge bust or bottomed out on the island before getting traded away and finding their niche. To name a few: Pyatt, Bergenheim, Torres, Luongo, Brewer, Connolly. Go a little further back and you'll find guys like Dumont, Bertuzzi, and Redden.

They rushed Nino and played him in a fourth line role last season. Talk about destroying a kid's confidence.

Old
01-22-2013, 05:20 PM
BrickAHL
#NotUs

vCash: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy Longlegs View Post
If I say yes to your deal will you stop offering it every other week?

Closed Thread