HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics here) XXXI

Closed Thread

Old
01-22-2013, 05:20 PM
Foppa2118
Release Evertroll

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1 View Post
New York has an atrocious record developing it's first round talent.

With the exception of Tavares, Okposo, and Dipietro, almost every first round pick they've made in the past 15 years has been a huge bust or bottomed out on the island before getting traded away and finding their niche. To name a few: Pyatt, Bergenheim, Torres, Luongo, Brewer, Connolly. Go a little further back and you'll find guys like Dumont, Bertuzzi, and Redden.

They rushed Nino and played him in a fourth line role last season. Talk about destroying a kid's confidence.
......Chara

Old
01-22-2013, 05:32 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

He has reason to be upset at not getting a camp invite, but this is ridiculous. That said, I wouldn't give anything of large value for a kid who still has great potential, but has yet to prove it. Maybe a veteran player, but not a prospect.

Actually, scratch that. Nope, don't want him. Obviously wherever he's going he's going to demand a spot on the roster, earned or not. That appears to be why he wants out of New York.

Old
01-22-2013, 06:25 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
22 years!!!

I doubt he's demanding a roster spot. I mean this kid has never looked NHL ready, he's probably still mad at being rushed into the NHL and wants out of nyi to get a better chance of developing properly. I wouldn't mind if the avs got at the deadline. Say, if they're out by April 3rd jones for niño would look good IMO.

Old
01-22-2013, 06:31 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
I doubt he's demanding a roster spot. I mean this kid has never looked NHL ready, he's probably still mad at being rushed into the NHL and wants out of nyi to get a better chance of developing properly. I wouldn't mind if the avs got at the deadline. Say, if they're out by April 3rd jones for niño would look good IMO.
He's obviously miffed about not getting an invite to camp despite putting up good numbers. That implies that he feels the Isles aren't giving him a real shot at the roster. I doubt any player gets mad at an organization for giving him a season in the NHL before he's ready.

I'd do Jonesy for Nino in a heartbeat, but I seriously doubt that'd be the best offer Snow could get.

Old
01-22-2013, 06:40 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
22 years!!!

I don't know but if I was put into a position where I couldn't succeed then I would definitely be mad. In the end its the islanders, I don't blame him for wanting out, what ever his reasons are, I would want niño on this team either way.

Old
01-23-2013, 12:59 AM
Steve Varmalov
And Then....

I for one would really like Nino on this team

Old
01-23-2013, 08:22 AM
CB Joe

vCash: 544
Turris got Rundblad and a second round pick. I guess the closest comparable the Avs could offer would be Niederreiter for Elliott and a second round pick, or maybe Siemens and a mid pick for Niederreiter and a throw in.

Old
01-23-2013, 08:46 AM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 50
No thanks. If we acquire Nino our best defensive options left will be SOB/Zanon/Wilson/Hunwick with EJ...

Unless we bring back someone like Ken Klee or Daniel Tjarnqvist

Old
01-23-2013, 08:48 AM
henchman24
If and if...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB Joe View Post
Turris got Rundblad and a second round pick. I guess the closest comparable the Avs could offer would be Niederreiter for Elliott and a second round pick, or maybe Siemens and a mid pick for Niederreiter and a throw in.
Nino has slightly value than Turris did at those comparative points. Nino is still young and had one bad developmental season. Turris was a year older and had two bad seasons along with major questions on if he would ever come close to being the center he was thought of being. Nino has questions, but are not quite as big as the ones on Turris. IMO the value change is simply 1 round, change the 2nd to a 1st.

I still say if the Avs want Nino what they have to give up is Siemens + 1st, and I am not willing to come close to that deal.

Old
01-23-2013, 09:02 AM
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct

I really wish Bryan Little hadn't gone on his hot streak two weeks before the trade deadline. We were all over him in trade talks, would've been a sweet addition. Hopefully he's still a Sherman favourite.

Old
01-23-2013, 09:07 AM
henchman24
If and if...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post
I really wish Bryan Little hadn't gone on his hot streak two weeks before the trade deadline. We were all over him in trade talks, would've been a sweet addition. Hopefully he's still a Sherman favourite.
When Sherman falls in love, he is determined to get his prize... kind of like a creepy stalker. Little will be ours (and I think he would be a fantastic add).

Old
01-23-2013, 09:08 AM
RockLobster
Jon Snow, Uneducated

vCash: 844
Quote:
I too wish that wouldn't have happened.

If he's still a "Sherman Favorite" as you put it, what could we conceivably give up to acquire him? Obviously the Jets won't give him away for peanuts.

And it does seem that once Sherman has a player in mind, that they end up acquiring him...of course the only REAL proof on that would be Erik Johnson, because it was the Blues GM who was on NHL Live after the trade and said that Sherman called him early in the year about EJ, and at the time was told that it wasn't something that the Blues wanted to do.

We all know how that ended.

Old
01-23-2013, 09:10 AM
henchman24
If and if...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
I too wish that wouldn't have happened.

If he's still a "Sherman Favorite" as you put it, what could we conceivably give up to acquire him? Obviously the Jets won't give him away for peanuts.
A deal around a signed or negotiated with ROR + any prospect or 1st round pick + depth defensemen (any body but EJ) for Little + Bogosian?

Old
01-23-2013, 09:13 AM
RockLobster
Jon Snow, Uneducated

Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
A deal around a signed or negotiated with ROR + any prospect or 1st round pick + depth defensemen (any body but EJ) for Little + Bogosian?
Little and Bogosian would be an absolute pipe dream in my opinion.

And while having Little would be nice, my position on ROR shouldn't be a surprise to anyone who reads the ROR thread...I think it would be a mistake to trade him.

Old
01-23-2013, 09:15 AM
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct

Quote:
And it does seem that once Sherman has a player in mind, that they end up acquiring him...of course the only REAL proof on that would be Erik Johnson, because it was the Blues GM who was on NHL Live after the trade and said that Sherman called him early in the year about EJ, and at the time was told that it wasn't something that the Blues wanted to do.
DW also said Sherman had inquired about Ginner even the year before, and Downie's agent said it was nice for his client to feel wanted since Sherman pursued him the year before as well. Looks like he sticks to his targets when he has them in mind.

Old
01-23-2013, 09:17 AM
henchman24
If and if...

Lowering the scope of it a deal pulling Little and Postma could probably be easily worked. It would involve trading one of our centers, probably ROR with the contract situation.

Old
01-23-2013, 09:17 AM
RockLobster
Jon Snow, Uneducated

Quote:
DW also said Sherman had inquired about Ginner even the year before, and Downie's agent said it was nice for his client to feel wanted since Sherman pursued him the year before as well. Looks like he sticks to his targets when he has them in mind.
Interesting...I had thought I read that about McGinn, but didn't know that news about Downie.

But again, back to my question there. Who do you feel that we cold conceivably part with to acquire Bryan Little?

***EDIT***

I just imagine Sherman sitting in his office, having these sort of targeted players, and calling the GM's, he's told "No, we don't want to part with him." And Sherman just responds, "Sooner or later you will, and when you're ready, I'm going to give you less than what I would've today, have a good day."

Old
01-23-2013, 09:20 AM
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct

Quote:
But again, back to my question there. Who do you feel that we cold conceivably part with to acquire Bryan Little?
No idea, I would be a terrible General Manager. Lifetime contracts to anybody from Southern Ontario!

Old
01-23-2013, 09:20 AM
RockLobster
Jon Snow, Uneducated

Quote:
No idea, I would be a terrible General Manager. Lifetime contracts to anybody from Southern Ontario!
lol, I think we all would be.

Old
01-23-2013, 09:48 AM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Quote:
Sweet! I lived a good part of my life in N.F.!

Sign me up!

Old
01-23-2013, 10:23 AM
Foppa2118
Release Evertroll

Quote:
Don Cherry is that you?

Old
01-23-2013, 10:37 AM
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
Don Cherry is that you?
He has a house five minutes from mine, so I might be infected.

Old
01-23-2013, 10:45 AM
CB Joe

vCash: 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
Nino has slightly value than Turris did at those comparative points. Nino is still young and had one bad developmental season. Turris was a year older and had two bad seasons along with major questions on if he would ever come close to being the center he was thought of being. Nino has questions, but are not quite as big as the ones on Turris. IMO the value change is simply 1 round, change the 2nd to a 1st.

I still say if the Avs want Nino what they have to give up is Siemens + 1st, and I am not willing to come close to that deal.
I think Turris had move value at the time of his trade than Nino does now. Turris had some NHL success and had AHL success prior to his trade. Nino has AHL success and was terrible when he played in the NHL.

I think your value is way off. I don't think any team is going to trade their first round pick this year, there is just too much risk in a shortened season.

Old
01-23-2013, 10:54 AM
henchman24
If and if...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB Joe View Post
I think Turris had move value at the time of his trade than Nino does now. Turris had some NHL success and had AHL success prior to his trade. Nino has AHL success and was terrible when he played in the NHL.

I think your value is way off. I don't think any team is going to trade their first round pick this year, there is just too much risk in a shortened season.
Totally agree with the last part, which is while he will stay with the NYI. It will take an overpayment to get him from Snow. Nino has star potential and Snow isn't about to give that up without a huge return.

My value is based on what it would take to get him, not actual value. Was Varly worth a 1st and 2nd? No, but that is what it took to land him (for us it was easily worth the cost).

Old
01-23-2013, 11:17 AM
BoxOfChocolates

Quote:
lol, I think we all would be.
I'd be pretty good. Heck we'd be 2-0 with the uplifting play of Matt Carle and Alexander Semin.

Closed Thread