HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics here) XXXI

Closed Thread

Old
01-23-2013, 12:31 PM
GamingGiant

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post
DW also said Sherman had inquired about Ginner even the year before, and Downie's agent said it was nice for his client to feel wanted since Sherman pursued him the year before as well. Looks like he sticks to his targets when he has them in mind.
Interesteing to hear that Sherman sticks with his targets even after a the year is over.

Wonder who he could be targeting next...

Old
01-23-2013, 12:49 PM
DRL
Streak killers!

Send a message via MSN to DRL Send a message via Yahoo to DRL
Would love to have little joins us, since my last is little, it would be pretty sweet to have an avs jersey with my last name on it without it being one of those lame jerseys were someone puts their last name and fav number on their teams jerseys lol.

Old
01-23-2013, 12:52 PM
Bubba Thudd
Infer-Action!!!

vCash: 7757
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRL View Post
Would love to have little joins us, since my last is little, it would be pretty sweet to have an avs jersey with my last name on it without it being one of those lame jerseys were someone puts their last name and fav number on their teams jerseys lol.
So, "DRL" are your initials?

Old
01-23-2013, 12:52 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
Don't be silly. He's a doctor.

Old
01-23-2013, 12:54 PM
Bubba Thudd
Infer-Action!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
LOL, I've never mentally pronounced his name "D R L". It's always been "Doctor L".

True story.

Old
01-23-2013, 12:56 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
Dr. Dolittle?

Would love to get Little or Ladd on this team.

Wonder what it would Take to get Little + Enstrom/Bogosian on this team?

I highly doubt Bogosian would even be a possibility, but Enstrom I think could be had for the right price.

Would Cost Oreilly++ I think.

Oreilly + Elliott + 2nd for Little + Enstrom?

Old
01-23-2013, 01:00 PM
CoachBadkitten
Matt Hunwick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsare1 View Post
Dr. Dolittle?

Would love to get Little or Ladd on this team.

Wonder what it would Take to get Little + Enstrom/Bogosian on this team?

I highly doubt Bogosian would even be a possibility, but Enstrom I think could be had for the right price.

Would Cost Oreilly++ I think.

Oreilly + Elliott + 2nd for Little + Enstrom?
I'd hate to lose ROR but this is a deal I'd be on board for.

Old
01-23-2013, 01:54 PM
Ceremony
Woke up this morning

vCash: 39000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post

01-23-2013, 02:41 PM
Bubba Thudd
Infer-Action!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceremony View Post
No idea what you're saying with that pic...

Old
01-23-2013, 05:35 PM
Freaky Styley

started a thread on the main board about getting a winger with Downie out. First 2 responses were interesting with Cleary and D'Agostini.. thoughts? Cleary is a LW that would fit nicely and add some experience and sandpaper - more than Dags would IMO and would probably come cheaper with Detroit's D injuries.

Old
01-23-2013, 05:37 PM
Goulet17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Styley View Post
started a thread on the main board about getting a winger with Downie out. First 2 responses were interesting with Cleary and D'Agostini.. thoughts? Cleary is a LW that would fit nicely and add some experience and sandpaper - more than Dags would IMO and would probably come cheaper with Detroit's D injuries.
Unfortunately, I don't believe the organization is deep enough at the moment to give up young assets for a quick fix in a shortened season.

I say go with the kids (Malone, perhaps Sgarbossa).

Old
01-23-2013, 05:40 PM
henchman24
If and if...

I'd say give Malone a few games at the #4C and Olver a few games on the wing to see if they can handle the roles. If they can, we can manage. If not, there is the option of signing ROR or trading his rights for a bigger package of players or trading a depth defensemen for some wing help.

Old
01-23-2013, 05:42 PM
BrickAHL
No Scrubs

If we can trade a depth defenseman for a winger that would be great if not Malone can take the center spot on the 4th line and Olver can go on the 3rd line as a winger.

Old
01-23-2013, 05:43 PM
henchman24
If and if...

Don't think this guy is very reliable so take it for what it is worth:

The Hockey Chat ‏@TheHockeyChat
With Downie out and O'Reilly in Russia, the #Avs are desperately looking for some 3 line forward depth. They are actively working the phones

Old
01-23-2013, 05:47 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
Don't think this guy is very reliable so take it for what it is worth:

The Hockey Chat ‏@TheHockeyChat
With Downie out and O'Reilly in Russia, the #Avs are desperately looking for some 3 line forward depth. They are actively working the phones
The easy solution, in my opinion, would be to get O'Reilly signed, and then play Mitchell down to the 4th line, where he'd still shine, and then play Olver on the wing, where I think he's played spot duty before.

Old
01-23-2013, 05:49 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
The easy solution, in my opinion, would be to get O'Reilly signed, and then play Mitchell down to the 4th line, where he'd still shine, and then play Olver on the wing, where I think he's played spot duty before.
Yup.

Old
01-23-2013, 05:52 PM
henchman24
If and if...

Quote:
Easiest in the sense that we don't give anything up, but might be the hardest as it would require management to give in. IMO doing something with ROR is the best thing to do, whether that is trading or signing. I don't really care which, just something.

Old
01-23-2013, 05:59 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
Easiest in the sense that we don't give anything up, but might be the hardest as it would require management to give in. IMO doing something with ROR is the best thing to do, whether that is trading or signing. I don't really care which, just something.
I know my feelings on this aren't hidden at all...just like I understand the stance that those who are opposed to my feelings.

But trading Ryan O'Reilly would end up being a mistake of Drury-like proportions. That Drury trade, whether we want to admit it or not, set the Avalanche back. They didn't really have a player of his caliber again until, ironically enough, Ryan O'Reilly. Only I feel that O'Reilly will be the better player.

Sure, GM Greg Sherman has generally done good with the trades that he's made, but it only takes one trade to ruin a reputation. And unless the Avalanche would be getting a massive overpayment for O'Reilly, that would be a trade that would define Sherman's legacy/reputation...and not in a positive way.

Old
01-23-2013, 06:03 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
I know my feelings on this aren't hidden at all...just like I understand the stance that those who are opposed to my feelings.

But trading Ryan O'Reilly would end up being a mistake of Drury-like proportions. That Drury trade, whether we want to admit it or not, set the Avalanche back. They didn't really have a player of his caliber again until, ironically enough, Ryan O'Reilly. Only I feel that O'Reilly will be the better player.

Sure, GM Greg Sherman has generally done good with the trades that he's made, but it only takes one trade to ruin a reputation. And unless the Avalanche would be getting a massive overpayment for O'Reilly, that would be a trade that would define Sherman's legacy/reputation...and not in a positive way.
It would be the height of idiocy to trade him. His trade value is nowhere near what he's worth to us.

And I'd agree it'd be a mistake of Drury-like proportions, but I've always maintained that it wasn't losing Drury that killed us...it was losing Stephane Yelle. O'Reilly's defense and PK ability are what's going to be the difference between making the playoffs and not making them IMO.

Old
01-23-2013, 06:04 PM
BoxOfChocolates

Quote:

On the other hand, Sherman sitting on his hands and allowing this horrendous d-core to remain intact without adding a top pairing d-man would also set this team back. More so then trading a greedy 3C IMO

Old
01-23-2013, 06:08 PM
Freudian
Clearly deranged

vCash: 50
I doubt Downie being injured changes anything in regards to O'Reilly. It's not like anyone believed we'd be injury free playing 48 games in 99 days.

I suspect they will give Malone/Kobasew and probably van der Gulik a shot when injuries hit. Possibly they make some minor trade that they have had in their pockets for a while too.

Old
01-23-2013, 06:09 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxOfChocolates View Post
On the other hand, Sherman sitting on his hands and allowing this horrendous d-core to remain intact without adding a top pairing d-man would also set this team back. More so then trading a greedy 3C IMO
Trading for a top-pairing d-man was very, very costly. Trading for another one will take a lot more than a "greedy" Ryan O'Reilly. I'd just as soon see if these guys can either acquire one via free agency or develop one in-house.

Old
01-23-2013, 06:14 PM
BoxOfChocolates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
Trading for a top-pairing d-man was very, very costly. Trading for another one will take a lot more than a "greedy" Ryan O'Reilly. I'd just as soon see if these guys can either acquire one via free agency or develop one in-house.
That ain't happening unless we tank and draft Seth Jones. Even then it's no guarantee.

Old
01-23-2013, 06:23 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxOfChocolates View Post
That ain't happening unless we tank and draft Seth Jones. Even then it's no guarantee.
Really? You're already giving up on every single defensive prospect we have? We've already developed one top-four defender in-house (Shattenkirk) and I think the prospects we currently have will be better than he was...assuming they pan out, and I think at least one of them will. Defensemen take more time to develop, y'know.

Old
01-23-2013, 06:37 PM
BoxOfChocolates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
Really? You're already giving up on every single defensive prospect we have? We've already developed one top-four defender in-house (Shattenkirk) and I think the prospects we currently have will be better than he was...assuming they pan out, and I think at least one of them will. Defensemen take more time to develop, y'know.
Sorry to say that I'm not too confident in Duncan Siemens' odds of becoming a top pairing d-man. Or Barrie's and Elliott's for that matter.

Closed Thread