HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics here) XXXI

Closed Thread

Old
01-26-2013, 09:11 PM
BoxOfChocolates

vCash: 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsare1 View Post
Flames fan just said he'd offer Giordano + Backlund for Oreilly. I dunno about you guys but I'd jump on that deal. Giordano is a solid #2 Dman who would be great with EJ, and Backlund is a replacement for Oreilly who still has 55-60 point potential.

We could potentially get our Top pairing Dman and still be able to roll 3 offensive lines in that trade.
Reminds me a lot of the Drury deal

Old
01-26-2013, 09:16 PM
RockLobster
Ron hates lying...

vCash: 844
IF the decision is made to trade O'Reilly, it absolutely should not be within the division

Old
01-26-2013, 09:26 PM
RobinDIF
Size doesn't matter!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
IF the decision is made to trade O'Reilly, it absolutely should not be within the division
I think everyone prefer that. But.. get the best possible return for him should be priority number one.

Old
01-26-2013, 09:37 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

I don't think Backlund ever had 55-60 point potential and he has yet to show anything at the NHL level.

Old
01-26-2013, 11:12 PM
chet1926

Just wondering what everyone would think of a deal like this:

TO PIT:
Jones
O'Byrne or O'Brien
2nd or 3rd

TO COL:
Despres
Tangradi or Bennett
some kind of salary dump

Pittsburgh gets a shoot first winger capable of 25 goals or more in a full season, to play with Malkin or Crosby and a solid stay a home dman that help the PK. The Avs get some more young blood that have some skills. Despres is better than some of our current dmen, and Tangradi has some good size, and decent skills.

So what does everyone think? Fair deal? If not who gets jobbed? And is there a way to make it work?

Old
01-26-2013, 11:17 PM
BrickAHL
Not actually a brick

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1926 View Post

TO PIT:
Jones
O'Byrne or O'Brien
2nd or 3rd

TO COL:
Despres
Tangradi or Bennett
some kind of salary dump

Pittsburgh gets a shoot first winger capable of 25 goals or more in a full season, to play with Malkin or Crosby and a solid stay a home dman that help the PK. The Avs get some more young blood that have some skills. Despres is better than some of our current dmen, and Tangradi has some good size, and decent skills.

So what does everyone think? Fair deal? If not who gets jobbed? And is there a way to make it work?
Make it O'Brien and Bennett instead of O'Byrne and Tangradi and I will be pretty happy but I doubt the Penguins do it.

Old
01-26-2013, 11:33 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Quote:
Flames fan just said he'd offer Giordano + Backlund for Oreilly. I dunno about you guys but I'd jump on that deal. Giordano is a solid #2 Dman who would be great with EJ, and Backlund is a replacement for Oreilly who still has 55-60 point potential.

We could potentially get our Top pairing Dman and still be able to roll 3 offensive lines in that trade.
Never been a fan of this guy. He's been given every opportunity in Calgary with GREAT wingers and hasn't shown very much. He'll be 24 soon, I don't think he has that kind of offensive potential at all.

PLUS, I wouldn't want to face O'Reilly as a member of the Flames....would you?

Old
01-26-2013, 11:39 PM
Freudian
Clearly deranged

Ignoring the proposals from obvious trolls or the clearly deranged, I haven't seen a single O'Reilly proposal that I would prefer over O'Reilly playing for the Avs.

Old
01-26-2013, 11:51 PM
RockLobster
Ron hates lying...

vCash: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
Ignoring the proposals from obvious trolls or the clearly deranged, I haven't seen a single O'Reilly proposal that I would prefer over O'Reilly playing for the Avs.
Neither have I, but the longer that this drags out, the more I feel that we, as fans, need to prepare ourselves for an O'Reilly trade. And if the word around the NHL is right, from various sources and scouts and "Unnamed GM's" then the word on O'Reilly is that he carries a lot of value.

I am NOT in favor of trading him, I want him locked up for as long as we can keep him. But I'm also trying to prepare myself in case the Avs management make the mistake of trading him.

Old
01-27-2013, 01:16 AM
Nihiliste

You're right that as it drags out they'll probably trade him but we realistically we need to lock him up. As much as I've been very critical of his handling of the situation, he is absolutely one of the keys to this team having a successful future.

Old
01-27-2013, 01:29 AM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
Never been a fan of this guy. He's been given every opportunity in Calgary with GREAT wingers and hasn't shown very much. He'll be 24 soon, I don't think he has that kind of offensive potential at all.

PLUS, I wouldn't want to face O'Reilly as a member of the Flames....would you?
Meh I wouldn't mind it. I think Oreilly has become somewhat overrated around here. He's obviously good defensively, and a good team guy. But he's not all world yet, and we don't know if he'll even get there.

I'd be completely fine with playing against him if we got a good return for him. And IMO Giordano + Backlund would be a good return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
Neither have I, but the longer that this drags out, the more I feel that we, as fans, need to prepare ourselves for an O'Reilly trade. And if the word around the NHL is right, from various sources and scouts and "Unnamed GM's" then the word on O'Reilly is that he carries a lot of value.

I am NOT in favor of trading him, I want him locked up for as long as we can keep him. But I'm also trying to prepare myself in case the Avs management make the mistake of trading him.
This is sort of me as well. Obviously rolling 3 offensive lines works really well for us. We would probably be a playoff team with Oreilly this year. So I mean if we signed him to a good contract under 4.5M and were assured by management that he was still a part of the core and they don't plan to trade him. I'd be happy with that.

But, after seeing what happen with Quincey, Galiardi, Winnik recently and Drury from the past. I just don't like Oreillys chances of sticking with the team after this with the Avs. So Im preparing myself for a likely trade. Unfortunately if a trade does happen I think we'll all be a little disappointed with the return, because I doubt we get 100% value for Oreilly at this point. If were moving Oreilly teams will know that he WILL be moved, and we'll get low balled a bit.

Last edited by Pierce Hawthorne: 01-27-2013 at 01:34 AM.
Old
01-27-2013, 03:14 AM
jonesin 4 jones

A question for TPS if you happen to read this post. You mentioned that Jones was very nearly traded at last year's deadline. I was wondering if you had any knowledge of what deal may have been on the table or who was interested or if you are just guessing. Also, was Jones happy to have stayed? I would think so as he did re sign with us. I remember a post I think also by you that Jones wanted to stay in Colorado but his family thought he would have better opportunities (Pay?) elsewhere. Can you share any input?

Old
01-27-2013, 07:24 AM
raistlin76

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1926 View Post

TO PIT:
Jones
O'Byrne or O'Brien
2nd or 3rd

TO COL:
Despres
Tangradi or Bennett
some kind of salary dump

Since Pittsburgh is my 2nd favourite team I follow them quite closely and I can tell you that Tangradi is total bust. This kid has big body, doesn't use it, he was given chance playing with Sid or Geno - he can't score. He is Wojtek Wolski no. 2, but with one difference - can't find a net. This would be terrible deal for AVS. Despres is also not as good as he was projected to be and is rather offensive d-man and we have o lot of them.

Old
01-27-2013, 10:02 AM
Goulet17

Garrioch writes that due to the contractual stalemate Colorado is quietly shopping ROR around the league. He says the asking price is a young forward and a second round pick.

They must be looking for a significant young forward, otherwise about 25 teams would have already tried to finalize a deal by my estimation.

http://www.ottawasun.com/2013/01/26/...ter-slow-start.

Old
01-27-2013, 10:07 AM
klozge
Avs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goulet17 View Post
Garrioch writes that due to the contractual stalemate Colorado is quietly shopping ROR around the league. He says the asking price is a young forward and a second round pick.

They must be looking for a significant young forward, otherwise about 25 teams would have already tried to finalize a deal by my estimation.

I don't like that one bit.

Old
01-27-2013, 10:15 AM
Ivan13
Just a flesh wound!

Quote:

Pure speculation.

Old
01-27-2013, 10:51 AM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

If that's true management must be really high on Siemens/Elliott/Barrie for at least one of them to become a Top pairing Dman.

Not sure I'd like it if we traded Oreilly for a forward and not a Dman.

But assuming this is true, I actually like a couple of the offers in the Trade rumors thread.

JVR + Bozak, I've been impressed with JVR's play this year, he definitely still has some solid potential. While Bozak would be a good 3C.

Berglund+, I think Berglund would work well in our system, and allows us to still run 3 lines effectively.

Wouldn't mind talking to Nashville about Wilson+ to if we could.

Old
01-27-2013, 10:57 AM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
If, and since it's Garrioch it is a big if, the Avs are shopping Radar for a young forward it better be for a long term solution at RW. We have some decent RWers, but no long term, high potential winger at that position.

Otherwise, I'm terrified if they are going for a forward over a talented D, simply because I think anyone that watches an Avs game can see just how terrible and untalented our blueline is.

Old
01-27-2013, 11:04 AM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Hmmm, thought just came into my mind.

If I were to put my money on any forward we would trade for if it was Oreilly being moved, its Brian Little.

Sherman has been very well known to have a lot of interest in Little, and usually when Sherman wants someone, he gets them.

I could very easily see Little being the player he's going after right now. The only question is whats a good deal involving Little for us?

I would be quite happy with a Little + Enstrom for Oreilly + deal, but I dunno if we'll see something that big develop.

Old
01-27-2013, 11:07 AM
Ivan13
Just a flesh wound!

You've misspelled Burmistrov in your post Avsare1.

Old
01-27-2013, 11:08 AM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
Quote:

If I were to put my money on any forward we would trade for if it was Oreilly being moved, its Brian Little.

Sherman has been very well known to have a lot of interest in Little, and usually when Sherman wants someone, he gets them.

I could very easily see Little being the player he's going after right now. The only question is whats a good deal involving Little for us?

I would be quite happy with a Little + Enstrom for Oreilly + deal, but I dunno if we'll see something that big develop.
If it's the 'Peg...I want Trouba or Scheifele coming back. I know it's not 100% realistic, but I want high potential if we are trading Radar.

Old
01-27-2013, 11:10 AM
Goulet17

Quote:

If Sherman trades ROR for Little, I'm done with the Avs. At least it would take me a long time to return to watching the team.

Old
01-27-2013, 11:12 AM
Ivan13
Just a flesh wound!

Quote:
If Sherman trades ROR for Little, I'm done with the Avs. At least it would take me a long time to return to watching the team.
I wouldn't go that far, but I agree with you.

Old
01-27-2013, 11:16 AM
viach

Quote:
Me too I agree with you and A trade for just Little !!! can't believe...
Add other like Scheifele...

Old
01-27-2013, 11:17 AM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
You've misspelled Burmistrov in your post Avsare1.
I disagree with this actually. I saw Burmistrov play a decent bit while the lockout was still happening, and I wasn't impressed in the least with him. He's good Defensively and has some decent speed, but I don't see the offensive upside in him at all. I don't think he has the offensive upside of even Oreilly.

And to the rest of you, I didn't say Oreilly straight up for Little. THat would be a bad trade for us, I agree. But my question was whats a fair + to be added to little for us?

Enstrom? Trouba? Scheifle? A 1st?

Closed Thread