HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics here) XXXI

Closed Thread

Old
01-27-2013, 10:21 AM
viach

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsare1 View Post
I would be quite happy with a Little + Enstrom for Oreilly + deal, but I dunno if we'll see something that big develop.
Do you see Enstrom contract !
12/13 Salary : 4.500
13/14 Salary : 5.750
14/15 Salary : 5.750
15/16 Salary : 5.750

I prefer to sign Oreilly

Old
01-27-2013, 10:24 AM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Originally Posted by viach View Post

I prefer to sign Oreilly
Enstrom is a good Top pairing Dman who would work very well with a guy like EJ playing next to him.

Top pairing Dmen are expected to get paid that much. Its not a bad contract.

Old
01-27-2013, 10:25 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

vCash: 900
I'd consider a deal that brings us Burmistrov + Enstrom for Radar +. Burmistrov would be a great fit for this team, he can fill in at the 3rd lince centre spot until some of the youngsters come up (Hishon, Sgarbossa, Malone etc) and if they show they can handle the 3rd line role he can be moved to the wing where IMHO he played his best games for the Jets/Trashers. And there not much to be told about Tobby, he's just what EJ needs, he's a great puck mover and on top of that he's very good defensively, Timmonen could be a good comparable for him.

Old
01-27-2013, 10:30 AM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
I would love Enstrom, but don't see the Jets willing to trade him, especially since they just extended him in the off-season.

Old
01-27-2013, 10:35 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundwaveIsCharisma View Post
I would love Enstrom, but don't see the Jets willing to trade him, especially since they just extended him in the off-season.
I know, but that's the deal I would consider.

Old
01-27-2013, 10:37 AM
Duchene2MacKinnon
Report Spam @JWK Plz

This is Bruce ****ing Garrioch, when has that fat **** been ever right?

Old
01-27-2013, 10:40 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by viach View Post

I prefer to sign Oreilly
That is a steal for a #1 d-man in the NHL.

Old
01-27-2013, 10:48 AM
RobinDIF
Size doesn't matter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
That is a steal for a #1 d-man in the NHL.
Especially for us. Since we have no d-man that can handle the puck.

Old
01-27-2013, 10:50 AM
RockLobster
Jon Snow, Uneducated

vCash: 844
Man...

THANKS Garrioch....now we have to contend with numerous threads on the Trade Board with various posters from other teams offering their quasi-junk for O'Reilly....

As if the Stastny threads weren't enough

Old
01-27-2013, 10:55 AM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
Man...

THANKS Garrioch....now we have to contend with numerous threads on the Trade Board with various posters from other teams offering their quasi-junk for O'Reilly....

I can't wait for there to be threads for Stastny, Duchene and O'Reilly. The three most pursued "crappy, sorta okay" centers in the Trade Forum.

Old
01-27-2013, 11:21 AM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
Man...

I've found some of them to be decent personally.

A Rangers fan through out Stepan + Skjei + 2014 1st, that's pretty good for Oreilly IMO.

A Hawks fan offered Stalberg + McNeil + Frolik + 1st, that's decent to.

I mean there are a lot of the Laughton + 2nds or Ennis + 2nds in the thread, but there is the occasional decent offer in there. Both offers listed above are pretty good. The Rangers one gives us a very capable Center replacement(who I don't think is all that far off of Oreilly) and a couple nice extra pieces. The Chicago one gives us some good forward depth, a really nice prospect and another 1st in a very deep draft.

Old
01-27-2013, 11:37 AM
JoemAvs

Quote:
I've found some of them to be decent personally.

A Rangers fan through out Stepan + Skjei + 2014 1st, that's pretty good for Oreilly IMO.

A Hawks fan offered Stalberg + McNeil + Frolik + 1st, that's decent to.

I mean there are a lot of the Laughton + 2nds or Ennis + 2nds in the thread, but there is the occasional decent offer in there. Both offers listed above are pretty good. The Rangers one gives us a very capable Center replacement(who I don't think is all that far off of Oreilly) and a couple nice extra pieces. The Chicago one gives us some good forward depth, a really nice prospect and another 1st in a very deep draft.
Sorry both offers are crap.

McNeil and Stepan are not and will never be close to the player ROR is.
The rest is basically a load of junk. (rangers 1st will be 28+)

Horrible for the Avs.

And if Sherman really asks for a 2nd!!!! (why a 2nd for gods sake!), we will get fleeced beyond believe or should I call it Druryd?

Old
01-27-2013, 11:47 AM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoemAvs View Post
Sorry both offers are crap.

McNeil and Stepan are not and will never be close to the player ROR is.
The rest is basically a load of junk. (rangers 1st will be 28+)

Horrible for the Avs.

And if Sherman really asks for a 2nd!!!! (why a 2nd for gods sake!), we will get fleeced beyond believe or should I call it Druryd?
You're either doing one of 2 things. Criminally overrating Oreilly, or underrating Stepan.

Ill give you the McNeil comment cause he's still a prospect. But your Stepan comment is absurd. The guy has been in the league for 2 seasons now, and put up 45 points and 51 points. He's already shown to be just as good as Oreilly offensively, and like Oreilly still has upside on Offense. He's also very good defensively, not Oreilly good but he's above average. And he's still only 22 years old.

Oreilly is great, but Stepan is not far behind. And when you add a recent 1st round pick in Skjei on top of Stepan, AND a 2014 1st, that's a damn good offer.

Old
01-27-2013, 11:55 AM
JoemAvs

Quote:
You're either doing one of 2 things. Criminally overrating Oreilly, or underrating Stepan.

Ill give you the McNeil comment cause he's still a prospect. But your Stepan comment is absurd. The guy has been in the league for 2 seasons now, and put up 45 points and 51 points. He's already shown to be just as good as Oreilly offensively, and like Oreilly still has upside on Offense. He's also very good defensively, not Oreilly good but he's above average. And he's still only 22 years old.

Oreilly is great, but Stepan is not far behind. And when you add a recent 1st round pick in Skjei on top of Stepan, AND a 2014 1st, that's a damn good offer.

Look at the Rangers roster. Stepan to me is nothing special...
They value Kreider over Stepan....

Don't know much about Skjei and I guess he is not really something special. A 2014 1st from a team who will at best (for us ) finish with the 25th pick does not excite me at all.

I have watched Stepan and I really was not impressed. Maybe I am wrong but to be honest I don't see it.

If a fan on HF offers up a 1st + a recent 1 st it most of the time means that the player comparison is not really favorable...

Old
01-27-2013, 12:04 PM
RobinDIF
Size doesn't matter!

I hate those type of proposals...

Get: Worse player and a 2nd round pick (And maybe a average prospect)
Give up: Better player.

Old
01-27-2013, 12:07 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Look at the Rangers roster. Stepan to me is nothing special...
They value Kreider over Stepan....

Don't know much about Skjei and I guess he is not really something special. A 2014 1st from a team who will at best (for us ) finish with the 25th pick does not excite me at all.

I have watched Stepan and I really was not impressed. Maybe I am wrong but to be honest I don't see it.

If a fan on HF offers up a 1st + a recent 1 st it most of the time means that the player comparison is not really favorable...
I guess we'll agree to disagree. But Stepan is very similar to Oreilly IMO. And Stepan hasn't played with the talent Oreilly played with last year.

I do agree on Skeji and the 1st. But Skeji was a 1st round pick last year, he obviously still has upside even though he hasn't been great this year. Sort of like Siemens. And yea the first could be a late 2014 1st, but it could also be earlier. I would say it will for sure be later then 16th, but after that anywhere from 16th to 30th is possible. 2014 is supposed to be a deep draft too, at least last I heard it was.

Old
01-27-2013, 12:11 PM
JoemAvs

Quote:
I guess we'll agree to disagree. But Stepan is very similar to Oreilly IMO. And Stepan hasn't played with the talent Oreilly played with last year.

I do agree on Skeji and the 1st. But Skeji was a 1st round pick last year, he obviously still has upside even though he hasn't been great this year. Sort of like Siemens. And yea the first could be a late 2014 1st, but it could also be earlier. I would say it will for sure be later then 16th, but after that anywhere from 16th to 30th is possible. 2014 is supposed to be a deep draft too, at least last I heard it was.
Fine with me. I am just not a fan of Stepan that is all.

And to be honest if we want a 2nd (that really bums me out freaking Garrioch. It is just stupid) we might as well ask for a 1st (great draft) and take a slightly worse player.

If we insist on a 2nd added, it means that we know that we will get bent over and that we at least want a lottery ticket out of this mess.

And that does not sit well with me.

Old
01-27-2013, 12:22 PM
Freudian
Slightly overpaid

vCash: 50
The funniest thing with that tread is that everyone is including a 2nd round pick in their proposals as if that would be the key for any trade.

"I like what you are offering, but we need a second round pick".

Old
01-27-2013, 12:24 PM
chet1926

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
The funniest thing with that tread is that everyone is including a 2nd round pick in their proposals as if that would be the key for any trade.

"I like what you are offering, but we need a second round pick".
I think the funniest thing that has been said so far is the EDM fan who said they could beat any offer posted yet and went on to offer Gagner and a 2nd when there had previously been offers of Schwartz or Zibanejad or Baertishi (Spelling) and a 2nd.

Old
01-27-2013, 12:27 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1926 View Post
I think the funniest thing that has been said so far is the EDM fan who said they could beat any offer posted yet and went on to offer Gagner and a 2nd when there had previously been offers of Schwartz or Zibanejad or Baertishi (Spelling) and a 2nd.
Haha yea, that was impressive. I really hope that was a sarcastic post. Otherwise I lose all hope for Oilers fans.

Old
01-27-2013, 12:31 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Fine with me. I am just not a fan of Stepan that is all.

And to be honest if we want a 2nd (that really bums me out freaking Garrioch. It is just stupid) we might as well ask for a 1st (great draft) and take a slightly worse player.

If we insist on a 2nd added, it means that we know that we will get bent over and that we at least want a lottery ticket out of this mess.

And that does not sit well with me.
Yea the whole second part is the reason I think its complete crap. I mean why would Sherman ask specifically for a 2nd in a trade? He wouldn't.

I don't think theres even an ounce of truth to the rumor, but every other fan base out there will, so for the sake of discussion we might as well see what crappy offers other fans give us.

The Stepan one has been the best so far. Scheifle + 2nd is another not terrible one, and Burmistrov+ was offered.

Old
01-27-2013, 12:40 PM
hockeyfish

Quote:
Yea the whole second part is the reason I think its complete crap. I mean why would Sherman ask specifically for a 2nd in a trade? He wouldn't.

I don't think theres even an ounce of truth to the rumor, but every other fan base out there will, so for the sake of discussion we might as well see what crappy offers other fans give us.

The Stepan one has been the best so far. Scheifle + 2nd is another not terrible one, and Burmistrov+ was offered.
I liked the idea of Zibanejad plus. I would pull the trigger on that trade.

Old
01-27-2013, 01:02 PM
Dolph Ziggler
#TeamZiggler Captain

vCash: 380
Coming in peace, just trying to get an idea from the people who would actually be in tune with Av's needs.

How likely do you think it is that RoR actually gets traded? I can't really see it.

And are the Avs in need of wingers? I thought it would be someone to compliment EJ. I mean would a package of Schwartz, D'Agostini and a 1st be the type of package they would accept for him (maybe not those players persay but those types of guys).

I feel for you guys in general. Seems like your centers are "garbage"......except when you know every team asks for them in the trade forum.

Old
01-27-2013, 01:06 PM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inglorious One View Post
Coming in peace, just trying to get an idea from the people who would actually be in tune with Av's needs.

How likely do you think it is that RoR actually gets traded? I can't really see it.

And are the Avs in need of wingers? I thought it would be someone to compliment EJ. I mean would a package of Schwartz, D'Agostini and a 1st be the type of package they would accept for him (maybe not those players persay but those types of guys).

I feel for you guys in general. Seems like your centers are "garbage"......except when you know every team asks for them in the trade forum.
Haha, I'm glad we aren't the only fan base that notices it. Seems like most people are offering their expendables, and when the Avs fans state that one of the three would be traded to help upgrade a position of need suddenly it's "Well, they aren't that great". It's like they've all shown up at the Ferrari dealership with Hyundai financials.

Old
01-27-2013, 01:10 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inglorious One View Post

All depends on how Lacroix is feeling towards Oreilly. If he feels Oreilly is being unreasonable and acting out towards the Avs, its basically a gurantee he'll be traded. If he just feels its a part of the process, we wont trade him.

Schwartz + D'ags + a 1st is a pretty good package actually. But the Avs biggest need is a Dman to play with EJ, and I would hope if Oreilly is moved its for a Dman, but based on the rumor today that may not be the case.

Regardless, the package you offered is about the best we've gotten. I'd be ok with that trade, but would rather get a Dman if one is available somewhere in the league.

Closed Thread