HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics here) XXXI

Closed Thread

Old
01-27-2013, 01:12 PM
chet1926

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inglorious One View Post
Coming in peace, just trying to get an idea from the people who would actually be in tune with Av's needs.

How likely do you think it is that RoR actually gets traded? I can't really see it.

And are the Avs in need of wingers? I thought it would be someone to compliment EJ. I mean would a package of Schwartz, D'Agostini and a 1st be the type of package they would accept for him (maybe not those players persay but those types of guys).

I feel for you guys in general. Seems like your centers are "garbage"......except when you know every team asks for them in the trade forum.
I'd make that trade. Even though the first is probably going to be low because St Louis is freaking good. Seems fair. Schwartz is a solid prospect and d'Agostini is probably better than Kobasew and a 1st is a 1st which we could play with if we felt the need.

Question on D'Agostini, did he just regress or was their just no room for him?

Maybe it would be better for the Avs if D'Agostini was exchanged for a dman or dman prospect.

Old
01-27-2013, 01:14 PM
JoemAvs

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inglorious One View Post
Coming in peace, just trying to get an idea from the people who would actually be in tune with Av's needs.

How likely do you think it is that RoR actually gets traded? I can't really see it.

And are the Avs in need of wingers? I thought it would be someone to compliment EJ. I mean would a package of Schwartz, D'Agostini and a 1st be the type of package they would accept for him (maybe not those players persay but those types of guys).

I feel for you guys in general. Seems like your centers are "garbage"......except when you know every team asks for them in the trade forum.
To be honest I think it is very likely. Not a lock but I am about 70 % sure that ROR won't be with the Avs in 2014.

Holding out does usually not sit well with the Avs.

Avs need a topline winger that can score some goals. Avs really don't need depth winger. At least not as the centerpiece in a trade.

A throw in to replace Downie would be fine. (D'Agostini for example).

Our top need is certainly a #2 dman. But we have a crapload of dman under contract right now and all our prospects are dmen.

So getting back a forward makes some sense but I really don't like it because well our biggest need by far is #2 Dman.

Schwartz, D'Agostino and a 1st is not a bad offer.

I have not followed Schwartz that much and I can't project how he will/could turn out. We would need a stud back. I don't know if he fits that criteria.

I myself certainly would not do this trade. But it is better than Gagner + 2nd if you know what I mean. And if Sherman and Lacroix are in Drury mode. Who knows?
But I think that we would hopefully receive a better offer around a more proven guy. I really don't know enough about Schwartz.

Ideally I want Shattenkirk back or something around Oshie but we all know that it won't happen.

Old
01-27-2013, 01:33 PM
cgf

Wonder what needs to get added to make something happen around Tarasenko and Radar. Tough for both teams but really solidifies problem areas up front, STL gets very strong down the middle with Ryan, Backes and Berglund, we get an excellent young offensive player to go with lando, Staz, Dutchy, Ginner or Jones, and PAP. Our defense would still suck and Johnny Malkin would have to keep his play up, but if Factor gets traded for a forward I'd want to make it around someone with top line offensive talent like Tarasenko or Bobby Ryan.

Last edited by cgf: 01-27-2013 at 05:13 PM.
Old
01-27-2013, 01:34 PM
bohlmeister
Horny for Offense!

vCash: 400
If the Avs trade RoR, IF, they better make sure they get the best player in the deal. If that means adding, so be it.

Old
01-27-2013, 01:38 PM
JoemAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohlmeister View Post
If the Avs trade RoR, IF, they better make sure they get the best player in the deal. If that means adding, so be it.
That won't happen. We are the ones who want to make a deal.

No one is accepting a package around anunsigned ROR for a better player.

That is why this situation is messed up.

STL will not trade Tarasenko for ROR. Not gonna happen.

Old
01-27-2013, 01:45 PM
bohlmeister
Horny for Offense!

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoemAvs View Post

Depends on what we add and what the teams needs are. And I would say it is assumed that the team will be able to negotiate with ROR before the trade.

Old
01-27-2013, 01:57 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

The problem with trading O'Reilly is that he and EJ pretty much embody the kind of team the Avs want to be. Get rid of him and the Avs are once again changing direction. We already have a team that can't make up its mind what it wants to be in the Rockies.

Old
01-27-2013, 02:23 PM
detrude
(╯°□°)╯ ︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoemAvs View Post

That's why I don't think the team is actually shopping him. It doesn't make sense. I don't think we'll find many teams that will want to part with a roster player during the season, and I really don't think we'd find a partner willing to give up the kind of player we all want in return. I think the best offers we'd get during the season are picks, prospects, and spare parts, which doesn't really do us any good. If he's traded I think it happens in the off-season, probably at or around the draft.

Old
01-27-2013, 03:39 PM
Falco Lombardi
LET'S GO BLUES

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1926 View Post
I'd make that trade. Even though the first is probably going to be low because St Louis is freaking good. Seems fair. Schwartz is a solid prospect and d'Agostini is probably better than Kobasew and a 1st is a 1st which we could play with if we felt the need.

Question on D'Agostini, did he just regress or was their just no room for him?

Maybe it would be better for the Avs if D'Agostini was exchanged for a dman or dman prospect.
D'Ags hasn't regressed, he just got beat out by Schwartz.

If someone goes down on the wing for the Blues, I'm comfortable with D'Ags on one of the top 3 lines.

As far as d prospects....I'd be hesitant to add Cole, but there are other guys like Cade Fairchild who aren't far away that I would include instead.

Old
01-27-2013, 06:17 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
Man...

THANKS Garrioch....now we have to contend with numerous threads on the Trade Board with various posters from other teams offering their quasi-junk for O'Reilly....

As if the Stastny threads weren't enough
You mean you don't like offers like this.....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
Tallinder+Tedenby+1st as a hypothetical. Tallinder feels their need on the NHL level, as they have E. Johnson and depth defenders. Tedenby gives them an offensive weapon. We can't afford to give up a first, so it's probably going to be altered to something like a minor league forward and a second, if a trade like that goes through.
We would get an "offensive weapon" in Tedenby. I think he realized half way through they might suck since they don't have Parise anymore so he changed the first round pick to a minor league forward and a second.

Old
01-27-2013, 10:01 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
I'd kind of like to see the Avs take a stab on Tedenby, I think he has a top six skill set still from when I've seen him play and he's definitely no worse than our current options.

NJD fans said a big bodied forward prospect, but I wonder if they'd go for Kobasew perhaps, since he's gone at the end of the season anyways.

Old
01-27-2013, 10:45 PM
Glasscog

Ror + Pickard for couturier and 2nd rounder(unless philly has a good d prospect). This would be a sweet deal but most unlikely.

Last edited by Glasscog: 01-27-2013 at 10:58 PM.
Old
01-27-2013, 10:59 PM
AvsWraith

If the trade does not land us someone that will make a real difference, I say we let ROR sit, so that we might have a chance to mend fences later on. Trading him for sub par value will be devastating to the team.

Old
01-27-2013, 11:09 PM
S3rkie

vCash: 1840
i wonder if avs mgmt would intentionally leak the trade talk to try and budge ROR a bit and see how serious he is about his stance.

Old
01-27-2013, 11:38 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
Cinderella team

Quote:
Originally Posted by S3rkie View Post
i wonder if avs mgmt would intentionally leak the trade talk to try and budge ROR a bit and see how serious he is about his stance.
...and it stumbled on to the great Garrioh all the way in Ottawa? Anyone who believes Bruce is brain dead. The guy is a worthless hack, he's just throwing **** on a wall to see what's sticks.

Old
01-28-2013, 12:02 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
...and it stumbled on to the great Garrioh all the way in Ottawa? Anyone who believes Bruce is brain dead. The guy is a worthless hack, he's just throwing **** on a wall to see what's sticks.
It's pretty much a gimme rumour that you could guess without any source... You could say any team with an unsigned rfa at this point is discretely entertaining offers I.e. Subban. They'd be dumb not too, but that doesn't mean they have to take one but might as well have a listen if someone calls.

Next up: teams out of the playoff hunt are discretely entertaining offers for playoff rentals.

Old
01-28-2013, 12:19 AM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasscog View Post
Ror + Pickard for couturier and 2nd rounder(unless philly has a good d prospect). This would be a sweet deal but most unlikely.
I'd love it if we got Couturier...but I'm also trying to be realistic...it probably won't happen.

And if this offer ever got to the Trade Board...boy, oh boy...you'd think that we would have offered to trade for Gretzky while only offering someone along the lines of Jeff Schantz.

Old
01-28-2013, 01:11 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Scroll to the bottom regarding Yannick Weber.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...n-defense.html

Honestly, I wouldn't mind the Avs inquiring about his availability. Right now the Avs blueline is way too slow and doesn't have nearly enough puckmoving/puck possession ability, and the prospects who could solve that problem aren't yet ready to shoulder the load.

Mind you, I'm not a fan of the guy...he's terrible defensively, but I wasn't a fan of Ryan O'Byrne either, and that trade worked out well for the Avs. If he can offer up some offensive spark then this team doesn't need to be a one-dimensional dump-and-chase squad.

Feel free to shoot me down on this, but I just can't stand the way this defense looks right now. Way, way too many of the same exact type of defender.

Old
01-28-2013, 01:18 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasscog View Post
There's no reason for Philly to do that. It's a lateral move since Couturier and O'Reilly play the same role, and they probably value Couturier more than they would O'Reilly.

Old
01-28-2013, 01:27 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

IMO we would have to add to ROR to get Couturier. Couturier will probably be a little bit better and bigger version of ROR. It would be much easier to bring in B. Schenn

Old
01-28-2013, 01:57 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
Scroll to the bottom regarding Yannick Weber.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...n-defense.html

Honestly, I wouldn't mind the Avs inquiring about his availability. Right now the Avs blueline is way too slow and doesn't have nearly enough puckmoving/puck possession ability, and the prospects who could solve that problem aren't yet ready to shoulder the load.

Mind you, I'm not a fan of the guy...he's terrible defensively, but I wasn't a fan of Ryan O'Byrne either, and that trade worked out well for the Avs. If he can offer up some offensive spark then this team doesn't need to be a one-dimensional dump-and-chase squad.

Feel free to shoot me down on this, but I just can't stand the way this defense looks right now. Way, way too many of the same exact type of defender.
I proposed straight up SOB for Weber last year and majority of fans on both sides liked it. I think he could be a solid player with ROB.

Old
01-28-2013, 02:04 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
IMO we would have to add to ROR to get Couturier. Couturier will probably be a little bit better and bigger version of ROR. It would be much easier to bring in B. Schenn
Uh.. The problem is all that people can talk about with Couturier is his potential. Hes extremely unproven and has an extremely small sample size when it comes to what he HAS shown, when compared to O'Reilly.

Hes basically O'Reilly prior to last season but with a higher set of expectations because of his draft position.

No way in hell would I add to ROR for Couturier...

I swear, people seem to drink Flyer's fans Koolaid when it comes to their players a bit to easily. The NHL loves to talk about Pit and Philly the most, so I guess that makes it easier. In Canada, TML's prospects are extremely overrated because of this. Pit & Philly are getting the same treatment in the USA.

Add to ROR for Couturier.... lmao uhg...

Old
01-28-2013, 02:18 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
Uh.. The problem is all that people can talk about with Couturier is his potential. Hes extremely unproven and has an extremely small sample size when it comes to what he HAS shown, when compared to O'Reilly.

Hes basically O'Reilly prior to last season but with a higher set of expectations because of his draft position.

I swear, people seem to drink Flyer's fans Koolaid when it comes to their players a bit to easily. The NHL loves to talk about Pit and Philly the most, so I guess that makes it easier. In Canada, TML's prospects are extremely overrated because of this. Pit & Philly are getting the same treatment in the USA.

Then you simply wouldn't get Couturier. I'm not saying it would be a good trade, but what it would take. Couturier will be better than ROR one day soon, whether that is next year or in 2 years. Couturier had a better rookie season while averaging 2.5 minutes less a game (while having about the same SH TOI).

One trade that I would really entertain from the Flyers is something around Laughton and ROR. The Flyers would have to add (significantly IMO good defensive prospect or 1st round pick), but I see Laughton to be in the exact same form as ROR just a few years younger.

Old
01-28-2013, 02:21 PM
hockeyfish

vCash: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post

I think your far over rating the value of O'Reilly. The Flyers, or any other team, can just turn around and sign him to an offer sheet. Why are they going to give up someone with way more value than a 1st and a 2nd round pick.

Old
01-28-2013, 02:31 PM
Nzap
Insert clever phrase

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfish View Post
I think your far over rating the value of O'Reilly. The Flyers, or any other team, can just turn around and sign him to an offer sheet.Why are they going to give up someone with way more value than a 1st and a 2nd round pick.
Cause the Avs would match pretty much everything except for maybe a compensation with 2 1sts.

If they match, then they trade him away for a better return than what the RFA-compensation would've given them.

Closed Thread