HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics here) XXXI

Closed Thread

Old
02-02-2013, 07:31 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
Seems to me like they're showcasing Hunwick. 20 mins+ per game?? That's stupid even for Sacco's standards.

Old
02-02-2013, 07:41 PM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
Seems to me like they're showcasing Hunwick. 20 mins+ per game?? That's stupid even for Sacco's standards.
For once, I'd rather them keep Hunwick. Our D is basically immobile pylons save for EJ and Hunwick.

Old
02-02-2013, 07:49 PM
Bubba Thudd
Come At Me, Bro!

vCash: 50
Not me. If we can get something even "decent" for Hunwick, make the trade. He certainly should not be in our long-term plans which, IMO, makes him expendable/tradeable.

Old
02-02-2013, 08:11 PM
DRL
Streak killers!

Send a message via MSN to DRL Send a message via Yahoo to DRL
Cbc Hot stove said team is trying to move SOB.

Old
02-02-2013, 08:33 PM
Zih
Dater's Gonna Hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRL View Post
Cbc Hot stove said team is trying to move SOB.
Shopping a player a month into a 3 year extension. What was Sherman's plan with our defense again? Maybe we can at least get some assets back...

Old
02-02-2013, 08:39 PM
Freudian
luck paper scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zih View Post
Shopping a player a month into a 3 year extension. What was Sherman's plan with our defense again? Maybe we can at least get some assets back...
If they realize they overdid it with big defensemen that can't move the puck all that well, correcting it requires moving one who got a new contract.

It's not ideal but if we find a good team for him, I think everyone would be ok with it.

Old
02-02-2013, 08:39 PM
Goulet17

Quote:
Wow, this makes Sherman look rather bad IMO. A three year contract and trying to shop him eight games into the season on the first year of his contract?

Old
02-02-2013, 08:43 PM
Goulet17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
If they realize they overdid it with big defensemen that can't move the puck all that well, correcting it requires moving one who got a new contract.

It's not ideal but if we find a good team for him, I think everyone would be ok with it.
Does it concern you or other posters that the overdoing with big defenseman was something that many of us posting on an internet message board were fully aware of?

Sherman is starting to scare the hell out of me.

I was hoping there was some grand plan in place that I was not fully capable of understanding. Now, I am concerned that decisions are being made with a dart board over at the Pepsi Center.

I don't necessarily agree with the decision to shop O'Brien, but with ROR still unsigned, it is really rubbing me the wrong way.

Old
02-02-2013, 08:51 PM
Nzap
Insert clever phrase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
ROB?
Hejda?

Both have contracts that were signed before 2011-2012.
I'd trade ROB, and keep Hejda at least for another year and then buy him out (amnesty) in Summer of 2014 if he regresses badly.

I didn't see SOB play his only game this season, but he couldn't have been much worse than ROB (except maybe the shotblocking).
I believe that there are 4 defensemen that are considered to have a future in the Avs; Johnson, Wilson, Barrie/Elliott, Siemens).
We have to find the other guys around them (i.e. probably another top-pairing defenseman and a #4-5 defenseman in the next 1˝ years).
And of course hope that Elliott/Barrie and Siemens pan out as a #3-5 D and a #3-4 D respectively.

Old
02-02-2013, 08:57 PM
Freudian
luck paper scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nzap View Post
ROB?
Hejda?

Both have contracts that were signed before 2011-2012.
I'd trade ROB, and keep Hejda at least for another year and then buy him out (amnesty) in Summer of 2014 if he regresses badly.

I didn't see SOB play his only game this season, but he couldn't have been much worse than ROB (except maybe the shotblocking).
Hejda is more valuable to us than O'Brien and Hunwick. It's possible they are shopping O'Byrne too, but with him being a right shot we need him a bit more than O'Brien.

We can't hurt the team just because of some notion of us having to be honorable. I don't think it's that much of a deal to trade O'Brien/Hunwick. They were Avs players we re-signed. They weren't UFAs from other teams we got and then tried to flip at once.

Injuries and the defense looking too slow and unskilled may result in us having to move a defenseman. It's not out of greed or maliciousness but a reaction to what is happening on the ice.

O'Brien will get his money and there is a decent chance he'll have a bigger chance of winning a cup with a new team. He'll be fine.

Anyway, it's just rumors at this stage. It's possible Avs won't do anything.

Old
02-02-2013, 08:58 PM
shadow1

O'Brien just needs to go. Not sure what's going on with him seeing as he was decent last year and is a serviceable third pairing guy, but for whatever reason Joe Sacco wants no part of him this season.

Old
02-02-2013, 09:07 PM
shadow1

The truth is that aside from Erik Johnson and Ryan Wilson, the rest of the defense is expendable. It doesn't really matter what their contract says. O'Brien, Zanon, O'Byrne, Hunwick, and at this point in his career, Hejda, are all depth journeymen caliber guys.

Old
02-02-2013, 09:34 PM
Nzap
Insert clever phrase

Let's see what comes out of this.

Quote:
NHLwiki ‏@NHLwiki
#NHL *Trade Rumor*-- Reports are #Avs interested in #LAKings Dustin Penner, Andrei Loktionov.
I can't see us after Penner cause he sucks and there have been rumours about motivation-issues.
Loktionov I don't really know anything about so I can't say.

With the loss of Greene for the rest of the season for LA, I could see how this could make sense, but I don't want Penner to even touch our jersey.

If there wouldn't be bad blood between the Avs and Wings, I could see a trade involving one of our defenseman for a forward of theirs, as the Red Wings have quite large injury issues on the back-end.

Old
02-02-2013, 09:35 PM
18Mike18

i wouldnt like to see SOB go, i hope that rumor isnt true, but it may be for the best, also hunwick is playing so much, boggles my mind.

Old
02-02-2013, 09:38 PM
Bubba Thudd
Come At Me, Bro!

Loktionov is a 5'10", 179# Center?

That sounds like a guy they'd target...

Old
02-02-2013, 09:40 PM
Nzap
Insert clever phrase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
Loktionov is a 5'10", 179# Center?

That sounds like a guy they'd target...
Just for fun, anyone know if he is a defensively or offensively minded center?

Old
02-02-2013, 09:43 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Quote:
Just for fun, anyone know if he is a defensively or offensively minded center?
2 way center. Could develop into a decent 3rd line center in a year or two, and given a chance. I think he would be a good addition to the team.

Old
02-02-2013, 09:45 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Who the hell is NHLwiki? Sounds like they read the Avs shopping for forward thread at the trade section and now making that rumour.

Old
02-02-2013, 09:45 PM
bohlmeister
Horny for Offense!

vCash: 400
Quote:
If it is true, which it likely isn't. I could see Zanon outplaying SOB in camp. And they like what he has done in the games so far. I would also guess that SOB hasn't been a good soldier in the press box. Both of those are complete guesses. I would think that if it was SOB they were going to move they would be playing him though.

And Hunwick would make sense for ice time, but I think he is actually needed on this team. He can skate the puck.

Old
02-02-2013, 09:48 PM
CoachBadkitten
Matt Hunwick

I actually wouldn't mind Penner on the Avs. He is a pretty good player and I haven't heard too much stuff about motivation issues. He played well last year, especially in the playoffs and would look good next to Staz in the way that Chris Stewart did.

Old
02-02-2013, 09:51 PM
bohlmeister
Horny for Offense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachBadkitten View Post
I actually wouldn't mind Penner on the Avs. He is a pretty good player and I haven't heard too much stuff about motivation issues. He played well last year, especially in the playoffs and would look good next to Staz in the way that Chris Stewart did.

Old
02-02-2013, 09:55 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

I wouldn't want Penner. Just personal choice.

Old
02-02-2013, 09:59 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Let's see what comes out of this.

I can't see us after Penner cause he sucks and there have been rumours about motivation-issues.
Loktionov I don't really know anything about so I can't say.

With the loss of Greene for the rest of the season for LA, I could see how this could make sense, but I don't want Penner to even touch our jersey.

If there wouldn't be bad blood between the Avs and Wings, I could see a trade involving one of our defenseman for a forward of theirs, as the Red Wings have quite large injury issues on the back-end.
Oh god, we can only hope the fact there's a rumor about the Avs interest means its not true. Penner on the Avs wreaks of Battaglia 2.0. Except there's no way we could turn him into another Kono.

Old
02-02-2013, 10:00 PM
CoachBadkitten
Matt Hunwick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohlmeister View Post
Maybe I just haven't paid attention. Can you link me to an article about it?

Old
02-02-2013, 10:04 PM
bohlmeister
Horny for Offense!

Jets should be all over Penner if he is available. Local guy and a character off the ice.

And Coach, he got run out of Edmonton because he was lazy, out of shape, and lack luster. He was the same in LA, and has been a healthy scratch again already this season. He is the anti-Sacco player.

Closed Thread