HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics here) XXXI

Closed Thread

Old
02-02-2013, 10:04 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Who the hell is NHLwiki? Sounds like they read the Avs shopping for forward thread at the trade section and now making that rumour.
Yeah, this is about right. No need for anyone to get excited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachBadkitten View Post
Maybe I just haven't paid attention. Can you link me to an article about it?
Have you been living under a rock?

Old
02-02-2013, 10:12 PM
CoachBadkitten
Matt Hunwick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohlmeister View Post
Jets should be all over Penner if he is available. Local guy and a character off the ice.

And Coach, he got run out of Edmonton because he was lazy, out of shape, and lack luster. He was the same in LA, and has been a healthy scratch again already this season. He is the anti-Sacco player.
alright thanks, I knew he got run out of EDM but thought he improved since then. Didn't hear about the healthy scratch thing but I believe he is playing today against Anaheim.

Old
02-02-2013, 10:14 PM
chet1926

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nzap View Post
Let's see what comes out of this.

I can't see us after Penner cause he sucks and there have been rumours about motivation-issues.
Loktionov I don't really know anything about so I can't say.

With the loss of Greene for the rest of the season for LA, I could see how this could make sense, but I don't want Penner to even touch our jersey.

If there wouldn't be bad blood between the Avs and Wings, I could see a trade involving one of our defenseman for a forward of theirs, as the Red Wings have quite large injury issues on the back-end.
I'd take a flyer on Loktionov, he is young and never really been given a chance to play at the NHL level. He'd fit in with our younger players. I'm sure he could be had for SOB.

Penner on the other hand doesn't really fit in with the Avs, first he is 30 years old and second he isn't a Joe Sacco player too lazy and unmotivated. Penner would play like 2 games before he'd get benched or put on the 4th line.

Old
02-02-2013, 10:28 PM
Nihiliste
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 542
I've personally always had a soft spot for Penner since he came into the league. You just have to have tempered expectations for him - a lot of the time he's not going to be very good but when motivated he can be pretty effective. He's played a pretty big role in two cup runs though he obviously dogs it during the regular season. Edmonton expected him to be a big marquee 4.5 million a year scorer which was just stupid on their part.

I wish he gave more of a **** on a regular basis but I don't mind him as a depth option for this year (he's on a one year deal I think?) if it only cost us SOB. I also agree that Lotkionov could be worth taking a flier on.

Old
02-02-2013, 10:49 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihiliste View Post
I've personally always had a soft spot for Penner since he came into the league. You just have to have tempered expectations for him - a lot of the time he's not going to be very good but when motivated he can be pretty effective. He's played a pretty big role in two cup runs though he obviously dogs it during the regular season. Edmonton expected him to be a big marquee 4.5 million a year scorer which was just stupid on their part.

I wish he gave more of a **** on a regular basis but I don't mind him as a depth option for this year (he's on a one year deal I think?) if it only cost us SOB. I also agree that Lotkionov could be worth taking a flier on.
I actually love Penner and under normal circumstances would welcome him onto this team. The only thing is, the Avs shouldn't be adding any more players that make them even slower than they already are unless they're adding an elite talent. Penner is many things, but he's not that.

Old
02-02-2013, 11:00 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

vCash: 50
Penner for SoB would be fine if we don't re-sign Penner. It basically allows us to get out of SoB's contract. It's not a bad contract but we have so many depth defensemen signed beyond this summer we have painted ourselves into a corner.

Long term I wouldn't want anything to do with Penner.

Old
02-02-2013, 11:06 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
Penner for SoB would be fine if we don't re-sign Penner. It basically allows us to get out of SoB's contract. It's not a bad contract but we have so many depth defensemen signed beyond this summer we have painted ourselves into a corner.

Long term I wouldn't want anything to do with Penner.
Why does SOB have to be a salary dump? The Avs have plenty of cap space. There's no reason to move him unless you can get a decent pick/player/prospect, and while I'm not delusional, I think you could get something decent for him. A short-term rental of Dustin Penner doesn't make much sense for a rebuilding Avs squad.

Besides, I don't think the Kings would take on a 6/7th defenseman for Penner anyway. Dude was good for them in the playoffs.

If we're gonna deal SOB, I'd like to see what the Preds would give for him. The fans seemed to like him well enough.

Old
02-02-2013, 11:11 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
Why does SOB have to be a salary dump? The Avs have plenty of cap space. There's no reason to move him unless you can get a decent pick/player/prospect, and while I'm not delusional, I think you could get something decent for him. A short-term rental of Dustin Penner doesn't make much sense for a rebuilding Avs squad.

Besides, I don't think the Kings would take on a 6/7th defenseman for Penner anyway. Dude was good for them in the playoffs.

If we're gonna deal SOB, I'd like to see what the Preds would give for him. The fans seemed to like him well enough.
It's not a salary dump. It's to create flexibility going forward. We have Hejda/SoB/Hunwick/Wilson as lefties signed beyond this summer. Too many third pairing guys providing about the same thing and not enough of what we need.

Anyway, if Wilson is injured no defender will get traded for a while.

Old
02-02-2013, 11:18 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
It's not a salary dump. It's to create flexibility going forward. We have Hejda/SoB/Hunwick/Wilson as lefties signed beyond this summer. Too many third pairing guys providing about the same thing and not enough of what we need.

Anyway, if Wilson is injured no defender will get traded for a while.
Oh, I agree about the redundancy. IMO they should've just let SOB walk, but now that he's here, they could either opt to deal another of those redundant defensemen or try and get a decent return.

Old
02-03-2013, 01:09 AM
viach

Don't want Penner !

Andrei Loktionov don't know a lot...

Prefer avs former Brad Richardson

Old
02-03-2013, 03:48 AM
skip2mybordeleau
Bye Stefan Elliott

Quote:
Originally Posted by viach View Post
Don't want Penner !

Andrei Loktionov don't know a lot...

Prefer avs former Brad Richardson
i doubt we re-acquire him.

Old
02-03-2013, 05:54 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

What do you guys think about trading for Ryder as a rental if Dallas continues to falter and we stay in the playoff hunt?

Old
02-03-2013, 10:10 AM
Nihiliste
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 542
I think it would be a good move but didnt he have a strong season last year? He'll cost more than we want to part with.

Old
02-03-2013, 11:11 AM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
If this team somehow manages to dump O'Brien for an expiring contract, that'd be amazing.

Old
02-03-2013, 11:31 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihiliste View Post
I think it would be a good move but didnt he have a strong season last year? He'll cost more than we want to part with.
He did have a strong season last year goalscoring wise, but IMHO he could be had for a reasonable amount.

Old
02-03-2013, 11:56 AM
Holyhell
'Crumblers'

vCash: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
What do you guys think about trading for Ryder as a rental if Dallas continues to falter and we stay in the playoff hunt?
I would be down. Might not be as cheap as we think, but it'd be a solid acquisition.
I remember my Dad (Bruins fan) said he was great during the cup run and wished the B's would have kept him around, despite a slightly inflated contract.

Old
02-03-2013, 12:17 PM
Helton4Hall
Internet Charlatan

vCash: 69
Ryder disappears for long stretches of time. he's a guy who is either going to score 30 plus goals for you, or like 15 goals and plays on the third line. I'm down to bring him in, but be wary of overpayment.

Old
02-03-2013, 12:22 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Jones View Post
Ryder disappears for long stretches of time. he's a guy who is either going to score 30 plus goals for you, or like 15 goals and plays on the third line. I'm down to bring him in, but be wary of overpayment.
Yep, he is what he is, a streaky goalscorer who doesn't do much else, but I could see him working out well with either Stastny or Duchene.

Old
02-03-2013, 12:31 PM
AvsFanRCN

vCash: 140
Quote:
Yep, he is what he is, a streaky goalscorer who doesn't do much else, but I could see him working out well with either Stastny or Duchene.
well if you play him with stastny maybe he'll be hot when jones is cold and vice versa

Old
02-03-2013, 12:59 PM
Congo Jack
Hello M'Lady

I didn't really know where to post this, so I just decided to put it here.

Quote:
Dmitry Chesnokov ‏@dchesnokov
Ouch RT @adater: Avs are very happy with Varly right now. They think he's focused and in great shape and think he's the guy for future now
What's the deal with the Ouch?

Old
02-03-2013, 01:07 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVE RANDESKOGAH View Post

That ''ouch'' probably goes out to the Caps.

Old
02-03-2013, 01:08 PM
bohlmeister
$$ For Sale $$

vCash: 400
Quote:
That ''ouch'' probably goes out to the Caps.
Yeah. Looking at Holtby tonight and Neuvirth in general, it is probably about the Caps. Chesnokov would have known how good Varly was in the KHL.

Old
02-03-2013, 01:08 PM
falconski
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVE RANDESKOGAH View Post

dater decided to crap-talk the caps because of the game currently on NBC, you can ignore it, he's just running his fingers again

Old
02-03-2013, 02:11 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Our scout(s) are at the Sabres vs Panthers games, take it for what you will.

Old
02-03-2013, 02:15 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Quote:
Our scout(s) are at the Sabres vs Panthers games, take it for what you will.
Kulikov

Closed Thread