HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics here) XXXI

Closed Thread

Old
02-03-2013, 08:07 PM
Christian Litscher
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs71 View Post
I was perusing the Oiler forum, and they were suggesting Hemsky+ for Wilson.

The problem with Myers is that we would have two solid RH defencemen, and 0 LH. If ROR was going for Myers, that is pretty much the only trade chip that could land a LH top-pairing defenceman. Not to mention the amount of risk involved on a guy like him.
He'd last about 5 min into warmups with us.

Old
02-03-2013, 08:18 PM
Zandar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Mike18 View Post
Anyone think it could be for Bryan Little?
He'll be an Av at some point...

Old
02-03-2013, 08:29 PM
shadow1

vCash: 1210
Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't Barrie and Myers partners during Kelowna's 2009 run? Doesn't mean the Avalanche will go out of their way to re-uinte the two, but hey, it wouldn't be a bad pairing in a season or two.

It's total and complete speculation that Buffalo would deal Myers away when he's only 23 and has five more years left on his deal. Making matters worse, the 12 million dollars they paid him last year was practically the bulk of the money on his seven year deal.

But if they were going to move him, what an acquisition he'd be for the Avalanche. They have the pieces to get a deal done and he fits a huge organizational need, as most of Colorado's defensive prospects are smaller in stature and don't have the upside Myers does.

Old
02-03-2013, 08:53 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1 View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't Barrie and Myers partners during Kelowna's 2009 run? Doesn't mean the Avalanche will go out of their way to re-uinte the two, but hey, it wouldn't be a bad pairing in a season or two.

It's total and complete speculation that Buffalo would deal Myers away when he's only 23 and has five more years left on his deal. Making matters worse, the 12 million dollars they paid him last year was practically the bulk of the money on his seven year deal.

But if they were going to move him, what an acquisition he'd be for the Avalanche. They have the pieces to get a deal done and he fits a huge organizational need, as most of Colorado's defensive prospects are smaller in stature and don't have the upside Myers does.
If they were, who played left?? Would at least let me drool over one of them with EJ and give me something to justify my opinion on that.

Old
02-03-2013, 09:15 PM
Nihiliste
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs71 View Post
I was perusing the Oiler forum, and they were suggesting Hemsky+ for Wilson.

The problem with Myers is that we would have two solid RH defencemen, and 0 LH. If ROR was going for Myers, that is pretty much the only trade chip that could land a LH top-pairing defenceman. Not to mention the amount of risk involved on a guy like him.
I would never trade Wilson to a division rival

Old
02-04-2013, 12:45 PM
S3rkie

vCash: 140
What are the chances Gaunce gets a look, with Wilson going down? I know the answer to this just more so asking a rhetorical question out of spite.

Old
02-04-2013, 01:00 PM
Nihiliste
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by S3rkie View Post
What are the chances Gaunce gets a look, with Wilson going down? I know the answer to this just more so asking a rhetorical question out of spite.
I keep confusing you with TheStranger since I think you have the same avatars.

Old
02-04-2013, 01:17 PM
S3rkie

vCash: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihiliste View Post
I keep confusing you with TheStranger since I think you have the same avatars.
lol, actually looking for a new one right night so hopefully that sort it out.

Old
02-04-2013, 03:02 PM
thedoctor
                    

Quote:
I think low. Gaunce doesn't appear to be tearing it up right now, and the Avs make a point of rewarding good play.

Old
02-04-2013, 03:23 PM
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandar View Post
He'll be an Av at some point...
Agreed, and all sides(Avs and agent+player who were well aware of the advanced talks last year) are receptive to it. Sherman's wanted him for 2 years already, I don't see why that would change.

Quote:
I think there's a better chance of Mike Connolly logging 25 minutes a night on defense for us before Gaunce gets called up.

No idea what Cam has done, he's been a team guy and leader since captaining the Majors here years ago. All he does is work hard and improve every year.

Old
02-04-2013, 03:38 PM
thedoctor
                    

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post
Agreed, and all sides(Avs and agent+player who were well aware of the advanced talks last year) are receptive to it. Sherman's wanted him for 2 years already, I don't see why that would change.
Yeah, wouldn't shock me to see Little involved in an eventual O'Reilly trade.

Quote:
I think there's a better chance of Mike Connolly logging 25 minutes a night on defense for us before Gaunce gets called up.

No idea what Cam has done, he's been a team guy and leader since captaining the Majors here years ago. All he does is work hard and improve every year.
Let's not get carried away here. I know you're not a big Avs front office fan, but you can't honestly think they'd hurt themselves by not playing the best players. I'd like to see him get a shot too, but there's gotta be a good reason if he doesn't.

Old
02-04-2013, 03:41 PM
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoctor View Post
Let's not get carried away here. I know you're not a big Avs front office fan, but you can't honestly think they'd hurt themselves by not playing the best players. I'd like to see him get a shot too, but there's gotta be a good reason if he doesn't.
Sorry, I don't mean "no idea what Cam has done" to the organization. I probably submitted that too quick. I mean no idea what he's done or not done to get the call-up; playing wise. I don't watch enough LEM games, I just hear from people he's doing well and at the end of last year, he was confident of cracking the team this season. That was before re-signing the O'Brien and Hunwick donkeys, and then signing Zanon, of course.

Hopefully he gets a chance somewhere if it's not with us.

Old
02-04-2013, 03:55 PM
Jeff_Dyck_#1
Est. MMII

Gaunce is career AHLer. Thomas Pck will be the next call-up.

Old
02-04-2013, 04:00 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

It happens. I suppose I'd rather have Gaunce not pan out than Barrie/Elliott. If neither of those guys works out, everyone in player development should be fired.

Old
02-04-2013, 04:03 PM
bohlmeister
$$ For Sale $$

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_Dyck_#1 View Post
I'd like to see him up. He can move the puck, and really fire it. I'd send Barrie down and bring Pock up right now if I was the Shermanator.

Old
02-04-2013, 04:35 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Sorry, I don't mean "no idea what Cam has done" to the organization. I probably submitted that too quick. I mean no idea what he's done or not done to get the call-up; playing wise. I don't watch enough LEM games, I just hear from people he's doing well and at the end of last year, he was confident of cracking the team this season. That was before re-signing the O'Brien and Hunwick donkeys, and then signing Zanon, of course.

Gaunce is following the path of Boychuck. The Avs seem to have no problem pushing a pure offensive PMD into the lineup, but don't really like bringing up the more rough nosed guys who don't appear to have a lot of offensive upside. Even if they put up decent numbers in the past, they just don't seem too enamored with defenseman unless they're smallish puck movers. They'll just trade for a vet if they want to fill that depth role.

It's just weird. Look at all the chances they gave to Cumiskey, Barrie, Elliott, etc who were just lost defensively on most shifts, and made costly errors. They dont' seem to have any fear for those guys making mistakes, but then they're scared to death to call up a guy like Gaunce or Boychuk.

Old
02-04-2013, 04:38 PM
iceberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_Dyck_#1 View Post
Yeah... just like Boychuk!

Old
02-04-2013, 04:40 PM
TheStranger

Quote:
lol, actually looking for a new one right night so hopefully that sort it out.
<<<< Did you have this Avatar before?

I went looking through the thread trying to see one that was like mine, couldn't find it, then realized you must have changed it since your current one is obviously nothing like it.

edit: Also, are people serious about Gaunce looking no good/being a career AHL'er? Or is it a joke because Colorado refuses to call him up?

Old
02-04-2013, 04:41 PM
RobinDIF
Reunite ROR & Landy!

Pck wasn't even that good in the Swedish League, can't really imagine him being NHL:er.

But I guess Gaunce is a player type we all ready have enough of.

Old
02-04-2013, 05:41 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Oh, come on people...Boychuk wasn't a gigantic loss. We got Matt Hendricks in exchange for him, who turned out to be a great addition. We should lament the fact that the Avs let him walk for nothing after the season ended. Don't kid yourselves--Boychuk's nothing more than the same kind of depth defender we have in spades. He just happens to be playing a top-six role because.

Shattenkirk and Liles developed just fine as defensemen in the Avs organization. If Gaunce ends up failing, I don't think that's on the organization. They've brought him along slowly and he had every opportunity this season to prove he belongs in the bigs.

Old
02-04-2013, 05:49 PM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
Oh, come on people...Boychuk wasn't a gigantic loss. We got Matt Hendricks in exchange for him, who turned out to be a great addition. We should lament the fact that the Avs let him walk for nothing after the season ended. Don't kid yourselves--Boychuk's nothing more than the same kind of depth defender we have in spades. He just happens to be playing a top-six role because.

Shattenkirk and Liles developed just fine as defensemen in the Avs organization. If Gaunce ends up failing, I don't think that's on the organization. They've brought him along slowly and he had every opportunity this season to prove he belongs in the bigs.
I don't think I'd call Shattenkirk a product of the AVs organization. He had less than 50 games in our system. The rest were a product of the Boston University sys...oh wait, you're right. He's homegrown.

Old
02-04-2013, 05:49 PM
Crisp Breakout

Quote:

I've only had the chance to get to 2 LEM games this year, but he didn't look very good to me. In fact the most recent one, Beaupre was seeing at least the more important ice time. Most importantly, I don't think he brings anything that our defense doesn't already have... I think he's being slowly brought along to replace our bottom pairing guys.

Old
02-04-2013, 05:53 PM
iceberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post

Just saying that is premature to call Gaunce a "carrer AHLer"... even if he doesn't make it here he might make it somewhere else.

Old
02-04-2013, 05:57 PM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceberg View Post
Just saying that is premature to call Gaunce a "carrer AHLer"... even if he doesn't make it here he might make it somewhere else.
New York?

Old
02-04-2013, 06:00 PM
BrickAHL
#NotUs

vCash: 432
It is unfair to call Gaunce a career AHLer but I doubt he becomes anything more than a 3rd pairing defenseman. I don't even think he will become a 3rd pairing defenseman but that is his max potential in my opinion. Losing Gaunce won't be a big deal because you can pick up guys like him from free agency all the time and the Avs have proved this with the amount of 3rd pairing defensive defenseman we have on this team.

Closed Thread