HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Top-6 forward to the Canucks

Old
01-15-2013, 05:11 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Top-6 forward to the Canucks

Here's the Canucks forwards to start the season:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Higgins-Schroeder-Kassian
Raymond-Malhotra-Hansen
Weise-Lapierre-Ebbet/someone

Basically, our 2nd line is a mess. I think we should be targeting a solid winger with gamebreaking potential that might possibly be moved for a solid futures package.

I'm looking at guys like Perry, Gaborik, Vanek, etc.

Stuff on the table include: Schneider, Kassian, 2013 1st, Jensen, Gaunce, Connauton, Lack, etc. Minor roster players like Raymond/Ballard/Malhotra might also be included(even if only to accomodate salary, but the bulk of the value would have to come from futures.

Is there anyone on your team that fits the bill to add some credibility to our 2nd line until Kesler comes back?

Last edited by Vankiller Whale: 01-15-2013 at 05:51 PM.
Vankiller Whale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 05:15 PM
The Bored Man

vCash: 537
The targets you listed are going to be expensive and/or unavailable.

Want Hemsky?

The Bored Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 05:16 PM
ronnyweed

vCash: 500
In a 48 game season every team has a chance to make the playoffs, unfortunately the Canucks now enter the sprint with bum groin.

Dont count on any impact forwards moving right now for futures - unless it's over payment/panic

ronnyweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 05:19 PM
Cogburn

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bored Man View Post

Want Hemsky?
Depends, what's the asking price?

...not Schneider

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 05:21 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
I know its not realistic as Calgary won't deal Iginla but hypothetically wohat would you say to a deal around Iginla for Jensen?

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 05:21 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bored Man View Post

Want Hemsky?
Maybe...

What would be the cost?

Old
01-15-2013, 05:23 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
I know its not realistic as Calgary won't deal Iginla but hypothetically wohat would you say to a deal around Iginla for Jensen?
I could work with that. Maybe Jensen + Lack?

Although I'm one of the few Canucks fans who likes Jensen better than Kassian, so it would be hard.

If we did try to go hard after a winger with futures, I would like him to be a bit younger though.

Old
01-15-2013, 05:30 PM
blankall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Raymond-Malhotra-Hansen

Basically, our 2nd line is a mess. I think we should be targeting a solid winger with gamebreaking potential that might possibly be moved for a solid futures package.

Stuff on the table include: Kassian, 2013 1st, Jensen, Gaunce, Connauton, Lack, etc. Minor roster players like Raymond/Ballard/Malhotra might also be included(even if only to accomodate salary, but the bulk of the value would have to come from futures.

Is there anyone on your team that fits the bill to add some credibility to our 2nd line until Kesler comes back?

You are not getting guys like Perry, Gaborik, Vanek, etc.. No team in the league this year is going to trade you a top line player before the season starts. With a shortened season, any team can make the playoffs. The futures you've offered are not nearly good enough to entice a team to move their star forward.

blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 05:34 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
You are not getting guys like Perry, Gaborik, Vanek, etc.. No team in the league this year is going to trade you a top line player before the season starts. With a shortened season, any team can make the playoffs. The futures you've offered are not nearly good enough to entice a team to move their star forward.
Well, at the deadline if a team like Buffalo or Anaheim is out of the playoff race, they may try to cash in and stock up on picks in this year's draft. Gaborik is far less likely, I'll admit.

Even guys like Hemsky/Iginla with question marks surrounding them could be targets as well, though.

Old
01-15-2013, 05:34 PM
vikingsdidWTC

Quote:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Raymond-Malhotra-Hansen

Stuff on the table include: Kassian, 2013 1st, Jensen, Gaunce, Connauton, Lack, etc. Minor roster players like Raymond/Ballard/Malhotra might also be included(even if only to accomodate salary, but the bulk of the value would have to come from futures.

We'd probably have to give up all of the bolded assets to land a star winger, and that winger would have to come from a team that doesn't believe it can make the playoffs. No more than two or three teams fit that description at this point.

vikingsdidWTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 05:35 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
I could work with that. Maybe Jensen + Lack?

Although I'm one of the few Canucks fans who likes Jensen better than Kassian, so it would be hard.

If we did try to go hard after a winger with futures, I would like him to be a bit younger though.
I don't think we would be looking for another goalie but a defenseman would be welcome or a pick. I too prefer Jensen to Kassian.

Old
01-15-2013, 05:41 PM
blankall

Quote:
Well, at the deadline if a team like Buffalo or Anaheim is out of the playoff race, they may try to cash in and stock up on picks in this year's draft. Gaborik is far less likely, I'll admit.

Even guys like Hemsky/Iginla with question marks surrounding them could be targets as well, though.
At the deadline maybe. Your OP implied you were looking for someone now though, as you reference your current 2nd line being a mess.

If you are willing to trade off your first and some of your top prospects, then you will probably have some bights. That being said, with a shortened season, there will be fewer teams looking to sell, as the spread between teams will be much smaller.

Old
01-15-2013, 05:43 PM
Reign Nateo

Should be enough to get healthy and then get into the playoffs. That's all that matters.

Reign Nateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Inverted

How about Phil Kessel?

Inverted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
I don't think we would be looking for another goalie but a defenseman would be welcome or a pick. I too prefer Jensen to Kassian.
Jensen(or Kassian) + Ballard + Connauton?

We'd have to make some cap space, so I included Ballard as well.

If I knew for sure that Iginla wouldn't mind re-signing with us, I'd be okay with giving up Kassian or Jensen. But if it were only for half a year, I don't think it would be worth it.

Old
01-15-2013, 05:44 PM
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting

I would rather move a smaller futures package for someone like Ryder from Dallas if they are out of it at the TDL than overpay for Perry etc

Seatoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 05:45 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

If I add Schneider to the "On the table" list, how much would that improve our offers?

Old
01-15-2013, 05:48 PM
vikingsdidWTC

Quote:
If I add Schneider to the "On the table" list, how much would that improve our offers?
Enormously. Would put a lot more teams in play and probably make a few superstars available. It might be time to put all the eggs in one basket like this.

vikingsdidWTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 05:48 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:

If I knew for sure that Iginla wouldn't mind re-signing with us, I'd be okay with giving up Kassian or Jensen. But if it were only for half a year, I don't think it would be worth it.
While it is only half a year, it is a whole season and every game matters more since there is only in conference games. It would be impossible to convince Calgary to trade Iginla in a 48 game season to a rival that is already beat up on the second line with out including a top prospect.

Old
01-15-2013, 05:51 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
While it is only half a year, it is a whole season and every game matters more since there is only in conference games. It would be impossible to convince Calgary to trade Iginla in a 48 game season to a rival that is already beat up on the second line with out including a top prospect.
So I think we might be better off trying someone who we have a better chance at re-signing. I think the ideal fit for Iginla(if he were to be shopped) would be in Pittsburgh, as they have an abundance of D prospects as well as being out of conference.

Old
01-15-2013, 05:52 PM
andora

Send a message via MSN to andora
Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
That lineup even with kesler looks weak

Ebbett is not an nhler on a contending team imo, and kassian i believe is still the bottom line winger more often than the 2nd line winger

they need to ride the sedins and get a lot of offense from the defence until kesler gets back. If someone like higgins or raymond doesn't light it on fire offensively out of the gate, i believe you play higgins/manny/hansen 2nd line minutes in a third line role, rotate a kid center in and out with raymond on an offensive line, probably moving kassian lapierre and weise in and out of this line, then role your fourth line

they do need one more simple winger imo badly for depth

guys i remember being available... dvorak arnott moore kostopoulos... guys like that imo would help vancouver and especially for depth a guy like arnott or moore could be huge as another center option

andora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 05:52 PM
blankall

Quote:

Ballard has negative value to a Iginla-less, and, therefore, rebuilding Flames. Connauton is of no interest to the Flames and looks to have taken a step back this year.

But I would drop this line, what you would have to give up to convince the Flames to trade their captain to a division rival is not something you'd be willing to pay.

Old
01-15-2013, 05:55 PM
Cogburn

Quote:
Not to nit pick, but I don't know if Iginla for Jensen+ work for me. I know its a hypothetical reply to an open proposal where he was listed as being free, but in a world of a lowering cap, I, personally, would rather keep Jensen and his ELC then take on a ufa, even one that's asserted his dominance over us in the recent past.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 07:21 PM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by andora View Post
That lineup even with kesler looks weak

Ebbett is not an nhler on a contending team imo, and kassian i believe is still the bottom line winger more often than the 2nd line winger

they need to ride the sedins and get a lot of offense from the defence until kesler gets back. If someone like higgins or raymond doesn't light it on fire offensively out of the gate, i believe you play higgins/manny/hansen 2nd line minutes in a third line role, rotate a kid center in and out with raymond on an offensive line, probably moving kassian lapierre and weise in and out of this line, then role your fourth line

they do need one more simple winger imo badly for depth

guys i remember being available... dvorak arnott moore kostopoulos... guys like that imo would help vancouver and especially for depth a guy like arnott or moore could be huge as another center option
The Canucks with essentially the same lineup over the course of the past two seasons have finished 1 st and 4 th in goals. When Kesler ad Booth return, a top 6 winger would obviously be a delight to add, but to say the lineup even with Kesler is "weak" is ridiculous.

Anyway I could see the Canucks pushing a player like Stephan Weiss in any trade involving Luongo. Both Booth and Weiss have chemistry from there Florida days and Weiss could eve play 3 rd line C if Schroeder fails to impress (When Kesler returns)

Horvat2Virtanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 07:31 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
Not to nit pick, but I don't know if Iginla for Jensen+ work for me. I know its a hypothetical reply to an open proposal where he was listed as being free, but in a world of a lowering cap, I, personally, would rather keep Jensen and his ELC then take on a ufa, even one that's asserted his dominance over us in the recent past.
I'd prefer to deal Kassian myself but landing Iglina would be enormous. My immediate concern though is signing him to an extension. We would need some level of protection, otherwise that has a significant chance of backfiring. Iginla's at the stage of his career where I do no foresee any obscene offer being tossed his way, thus we could get him under the cap.

Sedin - Sedin - Iginla

Hard to pass up.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote