Old
08-26-2013, 06:54 PM
End of Line
Human After All

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
so, who does everyone like in the conferences this year:

ACC: Clemson - though they'll lose 2-3 total this year keeping them out of the BCS hunt
Big 12: TCU - my first surprise pick of the bunch. I think if they get past LSU (I think they will) that they'll be able to pull the upset and take the conference, if not I'd say Okie State has the best shot. I have absolutely no faith in Brown's coaching despite the fact that they're the most talented team in the conference this year.
B1G: Ohio State - kindof by default here, don't see anyone else in the conference being top 10 or even top 15 this year
Pac 10: Oregon - though they and Stanford will both be lower in the rankings then expected at years end
SEC: Bama - until proven otherwise

AAC: Louisville - they'll steamroll, but probably slip up somewhere along the way keeping them out of the title game
C-USA: East Carolina - will be between them and Tulsa in the champ game, I think ECU takes it.
MAC: NIU - they lose their coach but I don't think they'll drop off very far
MWC: Boise - like Bama, until proven otherwise I take these guys
Sun Belt: ULL - no clue, I'm just friends with a few people that went there so I'll give the Cajuns the nod.
ACC: Clemson
Big 12: Oklahoma
B1G: Ohio State
Pac 12: Stanford
SEC: Alabama

AAC: Louisville
C-USA: Tulsa
MAC: Ohio
MWC: Boise St
Sun Belt: Arkansas St

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
End of Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2013, 09:21 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...27--ncaaf.html

Bill Snyder sent a note to NDSU QB after upsetting KSU last week.

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2015

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2013, 10:19 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Buy Gold

vCash: 2626
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...27--ncaaf.html

Bill Snyder sent a note to NDSU QB after upsetting KSU last week.
Very classy. Not that it wasn't already known with Snyder, but it is nice to see that some coaches out there aren't complete self-absorbed *******s.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
Big McLargehuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2013, 10:37 AM
G F O P

@McMurphyESPN 10:37 AM
RT @bettingtalk_: CRIS opened Alabama as 7-point favorites at Texas A&M. Line currently Bama -7.5

G F O P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2013, 10:46 AM
BlameUtley
When all else fails

vCash: 230
interesting stat I saw which illustrates the struggles of Florida. In the past 60 games against FBS opponents, Florida had only had 1 300 yard passing game. That was Tebow back in 2009.

BlameUtley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2013, 01:22 AM
XX
One More

ESPN headline

Quote:
Sitting On His Laurels

Make no mistake, Jadeveon Clowney was hurting Saturday. And he had every right to sit out. But what message did his decision send?
He was hurt. That's the message it sends, you idiots. I'm not a fan of the idea that college athletes should get paid but they may as well if you're going to subject them to such nonsense.

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 03:36 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Tennessee, Virginia Tech to play at Bristol Motor Speedway in 2016.

Bruton Smith has been trying to make this happen for years. I hate both of these teams, and even I might be looking at tickets.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2013, 04:31 PM
End of Line
Human After All

Wisconsin to play LSU at Lambeau

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...eau-field-2016

End of Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-16-2013, 02:28 PM
What the Faulk
Auggie

Who the hell wrote this speech by Bill Hancock? It sounds like something out of the Hangover or a terrible wedding toast.

What the Faulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2013, 10:33 AM
PanthersPens62
GGIB

Justice has prevailed!!! No more bowl bans for the diabolical U! Just some scholarship losses & what I love most is they went after the coaches who are no longer there & laid the smack on THEM!

Long live the Swag!

PanthersPens62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2013, 09:18 PM
pb1300
#CatsAreComing

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersPens62 View Post
Justice has prevailed!!! No more bowl bans for the diabolical U! Just some scholarship losses & what I love most is they went after the coaches who are no longer there & laid the smack on THEM!

Long live the Swag!
And rightfully so. Did anyone get a chance to skim over the 102 page report from the NCAA? Where are the 70 players, and millions spent by Shapiro? The amount of players was considerably less, and the amount of money was around $180K, with nearly half of that going towards two players. Ridiculous that you have other schools crying over the penalties, when they probably never even read the report.

And you think Golden was great at recruiting, with opposing coaches using that huge black cloud that was over the program? He is going to have a much easier time now, and I doubt he has less than a top 5-7 recruiting class year in, year out.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2013, 09:51 PM
MurrayBannerman
Incog-Theo

vCash: 2660
I haven't gotten to watch nearly enough of ND football as I would like with my commitments with rugby. Still, I'm happy with what this team has done with the turnover.

MurrayBannerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2013, 06:15 PM
Roboturner913
Bros Before Ahos

Bridgewater not named to Heisman finalists. Huh?

Roboturner913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2013, 08:07 PM
Gene Parmesan
B.Y.O.G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboturner913 View Post
Bridgewater not named to Heisman finalists. Huh?
Wasn't even the best player in his conference..Blake Bortles outplayed him.

Gene Parmesan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2013, 03:20 PM
theaub
34-38-61-10-13-15

Saban on a plane to Austin (e4)

theaub is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2013, 09:09 PM
G F O P

Time to watch a movie about those outstanding Ohio boys, Maurice Clarett and Jim Tressel. Totally moral people there!

Old
12-14-2013, 09:40 PM
G F O P

This movie is too defensive of dirty OSU conduct. Tressel a "friendly father figure who helped the community."

Tressel and Clarett "Hard Working Youngstown Boys."

Sure.

Old
12-14-2013, 09:59 PM
G F O P

Maurice the victim of the big bad "NCAA". The spin in this movie is ridiculous.

Maurice "unfairly targeted" because of his comments about being one and done. "It's just college football. He got too much **** for it!!!!"

The bias in this movie is so irritating. The point of the matter is, no matter how much you spin it, is that Maurice Clarett was scum. He was dirty, he was not a "hard working Youngstown 'murican boy"...Absolutely sickening

I am very concerned about the spin in this movie which even throws Ohio State under the bus. I hate OSU. That being said, Geiger and friends were totally warranted in suspending and kicking Maurice off the team. I have no sympathy at all for Maurice. This movie does a poor effort of trying to make us sympathize with him, a "victim" of NCAA and Ohio State, a "victim" thrown under the bus by Jim Tressel, a "victim" who threw his school under the bus after one year because he wanted to "follow the money" like his friend LeBron

Last edited by G F O P: 12-14-2013 at 10:29 PM.
Old
12-14-2013, 11:06 PM
G F O P

Final thoughts on the movie:

It is very complicated as Clarett was painted heavily in the media as being a ******* for what he did at OSU. And for me, that kind of bias already going into the film made it very hard to buy the whole "victim" angle from Clarett. I have never met he man. People who say they have say he is a good man. So it is good to see he turned his life around.

However, the main problem with this film was all the finger-pointing. Everyone was a bad man but him, until the end. It was the booster's fault. It was Ohio State's fault. It was the NCAA's fault. He was a victim. He was "just a kid".

Yes, it is good to see he's turned his life around, although he had to go deep down in his life and he had to go to prison to finally see the light. It is good to see him happy now. I just don't buy the victim crap. Sorry.

I want to hear what other Ohio State faithful have to say regarding this movie. I am kind of conflicted.

Old
12-14-2013, 11:13 PM
spintheblackcircle
...so that happened.

He took full responsibility for everything he did. He's got his **** together now, hope he can keep it going.

"Show me your friends, and I'll show you your future." I like that line he used.

12-14-2013, 11:21 PM
G F O P

I will also add that a lot of us, especially people outside of the OSU fanbase, were given the media narrative. This guy got kicked off the team! This guy got SUSPENDED. This guy IS SPIRALING OUT OF CONTROL.

The media can really be despicable monsters sometimes when they have an axe to grind and a story to sell. The movie did portray him in a very, very positive light though. And I don't recall him being such a positive figure back then.

Old
12-14-2013, 11:54 PM
G F O P

It's so difficult to shake off that mainstream narrative. The media did do an excellent job of portraying him to be a terrible person. After self-reflection and insight from other fanbases, I learned I wasn't the only one who had a negative impression of the man going into the movie.

What the movie did was change a lot of people's minds. They had been set in the story set by the MSM. "Clarett is a bad man. Clarett suspended. Clarett chase. Clarett's life in decline." This movie explained why.

I don't like OSU. I post on Mgoblog a lot. But after seeing this film, it's difficult to harbor any ill will towards Clarett at all. It is good that he turned his life around. It is a moving story. I have sympathy towards the man that I didn't have at the beginning of this film. This film has absolutely changed many opinions, opinions dead set and biased by a less-than-truthful media narrative.

Old
12-15-2013, 08:13 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

I missed the end of it, but I definitely have a different perspective of Clarett than I did before.

Old
12-15-2013, 07:00 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...florida-gators

Tyler Murphy will transfer from Florida, and since he already graduated, he can play next season.