HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

Off-season Armchair GM Thread Part IX

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-16-2012, 10:48 PM
  #1
TheJuxtaposer
Lost a bet
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,007
vCash: 567
Off-season Armchair GM Thread Part IX

Last thread, first page: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1237027

Last thread, last page:http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...237027&page=40


Jumpin' the gun just a little bit, but hey, I gotta reinstate the empire.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 10:50 PM
  #2
TheJuxtaposer
Lost a bet
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,007
vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafoofoo View Post
DW expects Sheppard to be the chosen one who'll lead the team to the promised land. So expect him to fight Couture for the #2C spot.


Whoa whoa whoa that's just cold. Ice cold.
Forget #2C, forget Couture, Shep is the #1C of the future. But the sad part is the DW probably thinks that.

Oh, and your mom's cold. Ice cold.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 11:18 PM
  #3
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:
 
Mafoofoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 12,825
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Forget #2C, forget Couture, Shep is the #1C of the future. But the sad part is the DW probably thinks that.

Oh, and your mom's cold. Ice cold.
Man with Sheppard I gotta say, the team's future is looking pretty bright.


Yeah well she still makes better pasta than your mom. I'm guessing.

Mafoofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 11:27 PM
  #4
TheJuxtaposer
Lost a bet
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,007
vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafoofoo View Post
Man with Sheppard I gotta say, the team's future is looking pretty bright.


Yeah well she still makes better pasta than your mom. I'm guessing.
Too bad we didn't sign Gilbert Brule /actually serious. He'd have been a nice depth player.

Probably. My dad, on the other hand, makes the best pasta evarr AINEC.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2012, 11:28 PM
  #5
Kitten Mittons
Registered User
 
Kitten Mittons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Francisco
Country: Armenia
Posts: 47,356
vCash: 500
Both Sheppard and Couture were drafted 9th overall. They will be competing for the #1 center spot their whole careers.

Kitten Mittons is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 12:06 AM
  #6
SactoShork
F This
 
SactoShork's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 9,543
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
Both Sheppard and Couture were drafted 9th overall. They will be competing for the #1 center spot their whole careers.
…and they've both been playing since they were three years old.

Quote:
Logan Couture ⋅ August 1
Matt. I started at age 3. As long as its fun keep him in it. Don't push too hard. Let him enjoy it

SactoShork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 12:08 AM
  #7
Kitten Mittons
Registered User
 
Kitten Mittons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Francisco
Country: Armenia
Posts: 47,356
vCash: 500
I guess we should've traded Couture for Nash. We got Sheppard to replace him.

Kitten Mittons is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 12:19 AM
  #8
SactoShork
F This
 
SactoShork's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 9,543
vCash: 50
Anyone know if Sheppard played center with the Wild? They weren't exactly deep in that position, and he's obviously got no shot at centering in San Jose, so I wonder if he's even familiar with playing wing.

SactoShork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 12:21 AM
  #9
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:
 
Mafoofoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 12,825
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Too bad we didn't sign Gilbert Brule /actually serious. He'd have been a nice depth player.

Probably. My dad, on the other hand, makes the best pasta evarr AINEC.
Yeah I'm not sure what exactly DW did other than signing Burish this offseason. I really hope we don't go into the (hopefully full) season with the roster as it is right now.

Also I doubt that, my mom's pasta > your dad's pasta. AINEC. It's science.

Mafoofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 01:07 AM
  #10
kluu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 212
vCash: 500
Stuart should make an impact

kluu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 01:23 AM
  #11
TheJuxtaposer
Lost a bet
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,007
vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafoofoo View Post
Yeah I'm not sure what exactly DW did other than signing Burish this offseason. I really hope we don't go into the (hopefully full) season with the roster as it is right now.

Also I doubt that, my mom's pasta > your dad's pasta. AINEC. It's science.
Yeah, but Brule would have been a great depth player. He has enough skill that you can't send pylons out against him, even if he lacks finish, and he's a great banger, albeit frequently injured. I don't know how he didn't get an NHL job.

Pray tell though, explain to me this "science" thing with which you seem so smitten.

EDIT: oh and @ lurking Slo, don't hate on the preemptive thread.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 01:37 AM
  #12
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:
 
Mafoofoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 12,825
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kluu View Post
Stuart should make an impact
As long as he's better than Colin White. No high expectations for him right now. Last season we all were fairly happy with the White signing thinking he'd be the beast from the east he was in NJ but then he basically made us all think fondly back to the Wallin era.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Yeah, but Brule would have been a great depth player. He has enough skill that you can't send pylons out against him, even if he lacks finish, and he's a great banger, albeit frequently injured. I don't know how he didn't get an NHL job.

Pray tell though, explain to me this "science" thing with which you seem so smitten.

EDIT: oh and @ lurking Slo, don't hate on the preemptive thread.
That's probably why.

Oh and easy. All of the normal pasta stuff + cut pieces of bacon + sliced pieces of grilled chicken + motherly love = Best pasta ever. Science.

Mafoofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 01:44 AM
  #13
WTFetus
Moderator
 
WTFetus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: San Francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 11,733
vCash: 500
My dad adds Ikea meatballs to his spaghetti. Can't get any better than that.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 02:14 AM
  #14
TheJuxtaposer
Lost a bet
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,007
vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafoofoo View Post
That's probably why.

Oh and easy. All of the normal pasta stuff + cut pieces of bacon + sliced pieces of grilled chicken + motherly love = Best pasta ever. Science.
Well, if we have to keep Handzus, Brule would be perfect to have because we could decide who to ice game to game.


And then, you're forgetting that I mislike bacon.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 08:19 AM
  #15
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:
 
Mafoofoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 12,825
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Well, if we have to keep Handzus, Brule would be perfect to have because we could decide who to ice game to game.


And then, you're forgetting that I mislike bacon.
Assuming of course, McLellan doesn't do what he did with White and Demers last season again.

Not pasta bacon. No way. Unless like...you aren't human.

Mafoofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 12:45 PM
  #16
MadmanSJ
Know Your Onion!
 
MadmanSJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Jose
Country: United States
Posts: 1,317
vCash: 500
Just wanted to let you know this should be 'Part VIIII'

Learn your Roman Numerals already, sheesh.

MadmanSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 01:35 PM
  #17
TheJuxtaposer
Lost a bet
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,007
vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafoofoo View Post
Assuming of course, McLellan doesn't do what he did with White and Demers last season again.

Not pasta bacon. No way. Unless like...you aren't human.
Well, Brule would assuredly miss half the season with injury, and frankly I don't want Handzus playing every night.

But yeah, I just don't like bacon. Get over it.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 01:36 PM
  #18
Cristiano
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Italy
Country: Italy
Posts: 5
vCash: 500
we should not try to do anything with our 1 and 2 line. It looks like a dream for any other manager of any other team. Goalie - cheap and strong is our main target. We are the best , but with Antti Niemi as number 1 we transform us into a member of lottery, understand?

Cristiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 01:41 PM
  #19
hockeyball
Registered User
 
hockeyball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 17,511
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
But yeah, I just don't like bacon. Get over it.
I'm sorry you suffer from such a terrible disorder. Are you seeking help for this problem? Can I donate to some kind of charity?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristiano View Post
understand?
Not even remotely. Niemi won the lottery?

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 01:44 PM
  #20
Cristiano
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Italy
Country: Italy
Posts: 5
vCash: 500
Boyle for Backstrom + Kampfer , we need it.

Cristiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 01:46 PM
  #21
Cristiano
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Italy
Country: Italy
Posts: 5
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
I'm sorry you suffer from such a terrible disorder. Are you seeking help for this problem? Can I donate to some kind of charity?



Not even remotely. Niemi won the lottery?
) We must be Stanley Cup Champions? but our problematic goaltender make us as strong a as the other contenders , so the Cup becomes a lottery

Cristiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 01:47 PM
  #22
Cristiano
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Italy
Country: Italy
Posts: 5
vCash: 500
Backstrom is not so cheap , ok

Cristiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 01:49 PM
  #23
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:
 
Mafoofoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 12,825
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Well, Brule would assuredly miss half the season with injury, and frankly I don't want Handzus playing every night.

But yeah, I just don't like bacon. Get over it.

Yeah well who knows how Todd and DW feel. We all know how weird Todd is so he may have never played Brule again the minute he got injured and we'd be stuck with Zeus anyways.


Ok fine, moving on from the obviously false hate for bacon, the pasta is still the best ever. AINEC.

Mafoofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 02:18 PM
  #24
TheJuxtaposer
Lost a bet
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,007
vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
I'm sorry you suffer from such a terrible disorder. Are you seeking help for this problem? Can I donate to some kind of charity?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafoofoo View Post
Ok fine, moving on from the obviously false hate for bacon, the pasta is still the best ever. AINEC.
Why the hell would I fake hatred of bacon on the internet?

But no, I don't think they have a cure for my horrible affliction, thanks for asking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafoofoo View Post
Yeah well who knows how Todd and DW feel. We all know how weird Todd is so he may have never played Brule again the minute he got injured and we'd be stuck with Zeus anyways.
True. Sigh. We really need Moore to come back or a kid to really step up in camp like Wingels did last season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristiano View Post
Boyle for Backstrom + Kampfer , we need it.
Backstrom is an inferior goaltender to Niemi, so no we really don't.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2012, 02:23 PM
  #25
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:
 
Mafoofoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 12,825
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Why the hell would I fake hatred of bacon on the internet?

But no, I don't think they have a cure for my horrible affliction, thanks for asking.
So you can be a special little cupcake. Oh and the cure is to eat bacon.

Quote:
True. Sigh. We really need Moore to come back or a kid to really step up in camp like Wingels did last season.
I really hope Moore comes back since I have very little faith in one of the kids to step up in camp.

Mafoofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:55 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.