HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official 2013 ticket thread Part 5 (ALL ticket talk HERE)(RULES IN FIRST POST)

Closed Thread

Old
02-13-2013, 10:28 AM
schmautzy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hnidy Hnight View Post
Im expecting to get a call for full seasons, and unless the $12 upper bleachers are available, wouldn't touch anywhere else with a ten foot pole
I know people have been offered right field box the last couple of years. I did see someone post somewhere that they got lower bleachers last year.
Uppers are definately not offered as seasons.
What plan do you have now?
Curious to see how this plays out in the next few years.
Have to think they will go to a payment plan at some point. Thats the only way I would consider it.

Old
02-13-2013, 11:10 AM
Hnidy Hnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmautzy View Post
I know people have been offered right field box the last couple of years. I did see someone post somewhere that they got lower bleachers last year.
Uppers are definately not offered as seasons.
What plan do you have now?
Curious to see how this plays out in the next few years.
Have to think they will go to a payment plan at some point. Thats the only way I would consider it.
I have nothing now, been on the waiting list for 8 years. Ive been offered pavilion before, but way over my budget right now.

Old
02-13-2013, 11:56 AM
schmautzy

Quote:
I have nothing now, been on the waiting list for 8 years. Ive been offered pavilion before, but way over my budget right now.
The 20 game plan?
They should have offered you a 10th man plan first. Usually bleacher or rf grandstands.
Easier to just buy games you want now anyway.

Old
02-13-2013, 05:17 PM
RBurgundy

http://m.espn.go.com/nhl/story?storyId=8945052

Maybe the loyalty option will pay off...

Old
02-13-2013, 06:23 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossfan View Post
I might be wrong about this but I think that the $12 upper bleachers are individual games sales only. I do not think that they sell them for season tickets.

There are no $12 season tickets. Regular bleachers are the cheapest ST available. You get a $2 discount on them if you renew early.

Quote:
I got on the wait list in '04. I've had a crappy 10 game plan in G2 the last couple years. I didn't renew it this year. They called me a couple weeks ago and offered me the early renewal rate if I would renew. The only way I was gonna do it is if they would guarantee me an upgrade...which they said they wouldn't be able to offer until a few weeks after I renewed, and even then they didn't know if I would be able to be upgraded. It was Only $600 for my 2 tickets for 10 games. Just wan't worth it. I generally gave most of them away on my fb page anyways.

I was willing to put up with some lean years in crappy seats and lose money. But when a team goes 20+ game under .500 and they want you to renew the crappiest seats in the park, they better should be willing to at least guarantee you an upgrade of some kind. The other thing that pissed me off was when I originally bought my 10 game plan. I immediately asked to be put on the upgrade list. I called last year to change my address. They STILL mailed my 10 game plan to my old address. When I finally got it I called to confirm they had my new address...they didn't. They also confirmed I was never put on the upgrade list. Just just **** up one to many things to make me think it was worth investing in a ****** product during lean years.

If they didn't F up my address and had me on the upgrade list from the beginning, that probably would have been enough to make me renew my ****** seats. But telling me they weren't sure if I would be able to upgrade from my garbage seats (when I new damn well there would be something better) was the last straw.

I'll be monitoring drops during the year and will still go to 15 games or so. But I can guarantee I'll pay on average about 50% or less of what season ticket holders are paying..and that will be for summer games against decent opponents for the most part. That is unless I decide to a April or Sept game and pay 10 cents on the dollar

I know there are a few here who are sick of hearing it. But it does make a difference when you hit the lean years and a team's customer service team (or lack there of) has been treating their STH's like ***** for multiple years. If a STH is on the fence, they are going to lean toward throwing in the towel. When times are good, they can **** on me and I'll give them my money. When times are tough...they better be ready to be ***** on themselves.

If they have another sh*tty year and miss the playoffs, it won't matter how long you've been on the wait list or how long you've had a mini plan for...There will be no wait list and they'll be running ads in the Globe again for full season tickets.

02-14-2013, 08:21 AM
Seidenbergy

We're looking at another year of being able to get your choice of $300 field box seats for $50 and $150 seats for $25 on the day of the game. No way would I pay the team anywhere close to face this year.

Old
02-14-2013, 09:23 PM
awesomeguy

fenway will be packed

all the people who have been blabbering on craigslist for the last 8 years about how desperately they want to bring their kid to a game are going to eat up the chance to get face value tickets. Theyre huge fans. They say so in their posts.

Old
02-15-2013, 09:08 PM
Newbie10

I got a call from the Red Sox today to upgrade my seats. I have a 10 game plan and told them I wasn't going to renew unless they upgraded my seats. I guess it worked.

Old
02-15-2013, 09:24 PM
schmautzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie10 View Post
I got a call from the Red Sox today to upgrade my seats. I have a 10 game plan and told them I wasn't going to renew unless they upgraded my seats. I guess it worked.
Where did you move from and to?

Old
02-15-2013, 09:35 PM
Newbie10

Quote:
Where did you move from and to?
I moved from Sec 38 to Sec 41 Low teens. They also gave me the early renewal discounts. I have been on the waiting list since 2004.

Old
02-15-2013, 09:50 PM
schmautzy

Quote:
I moved from Sec 38 to Sec 41 Low teens. They also gave me the early renewal discounts. I have been on the waiting list since 2004.
Congrats. Nice seats. Love the teen rows of that section. Great view.

Old
02-16-2013, 12:36 PM
gobosox00

Quote:
Do you mean you've been on the upgrade list since 2004? We've had a 10th man plan since '03 when they offered them in section 43, row 36 on the aisle. But i've been wanting to at least move up a few rows and asked to be put on the upgrade list a few years ago and have confirmed every year that we're on the list. Starting to get a little frustrated that we have not been offered to move to a lower row. Congrats on the nice seats

Old
02-16-2013, 02:26 PM
Newbie10

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobosox00 View Post
Do you mean you've been on the upgrade list since 2004? We've had a 10th man plan since '03 when they offered them in section 43, row 36 on the aisle. But i've been wanting to at least move up a few rows and asked to be put on the upgrade list a few years ago and have confirmed every year that we're on the list. Starting to get a little frustrated that we have not been offered to move to a lower row. Congrats on the nice seats
No I was referring to the season ticket waiting list. I have the 10th man plan for about 4-5 yrs now. I believe they are desperate and trying to retain as many season ticket holder as possible. I was pretty much set on not renewing. Just surprise to hear the phone ring yesterday .

Old
02-19-2013, 12:44 PM
Bruins Stooge
Spread Out

Anyone ever sat in the "promenade" section of the Garden? That's the only spot i really haven't sat in before there and have no idea what it looks like. I know its on level 9 above the balcony, and the sight lines seem pretty good. Are they like boxes? Any help greatly appreciated, thanks!

Old
02-19-2013, 12:51 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Just got another call front he Sox...

Them- We noticed you still haven't renewed your plan, would you like to do that now?

Me- No. I'm not going to unless you can give me a full season plan in the bleachers.

Them- Ok, I think we might have something coming available this afternoon. Is it ok if I call you back in a couple hours?"

Me- yup.

For some reason after nine years I thought I'd be more excited about that phone call. But for some reason I'm having a hard time getting excited about Charging $4,600 to a card I'm likely only going to recoup about $3k of...sigh.

Old
02-19-2013, 01:27 PM
schmautzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looch View Post
Just got another call front he Sox...

Them- We noticed you still haven't renewed your plan, would you like to do that now?

Me- No. I'm not going to unless you can give me a full season plan in the bleachers.

Them- Ok, I think we might have something coming available this afternoon. Is it ok if I call you back in a couple hours?"

Me- yup.

For some reason after nine years I thought I'd be more excited about that phone call. But for some reason I'm having a hard time getting excited about Charging $4,600 to a card I'm likely only going to recoup about $3k of...sigh.
Wow! Make a threat and right to the front of the "list".
Still, only section worth taking a gamble on at this point. I thought they would lose less people out there because of the cost.
Please post what they offer.

Old
02-19-2013, 01:35 PM
duckchobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins Stooge View Post
Anyone ever sat in the "promenade" section of the Garden? That's the only spot i really haven't sat in before there and have no idea what it looks like. I know its on level 9 above the balcony, and the sight lines seem pretty good. Are they like boxes? Any help greatly appreciated, thanks!
It's basically a big open concourse with banquet chairs against the ledge. The view is spectacular, but the atmosphere is lacking cuz there's only a single row of people hanging over the ledge. The best part is being able to get up and hit the concessions during an icing and not missing a second of the game, cuz they have separate vendors and bathrooms up there that only the Prom ticket holders have access to. You also might bump into some legends and/or Jack and Brick. You might even run into Haggs or Shank too.

Personally I love it up there.

Old
02-19-2013, 03:32 PM
fighterfoo
Time for a change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
It's basically a big open concourse with banquet chairs against the ledge. The view is spectacular, but the atmosphere is lacking cuz there's only a single row of people hanging over the ledge. The best part is being able to get up and hit the concessions during an icing and not missing a second of the game, cuz they have separate vendors and bathrooms up there that only the Prom ticket holders have access to. You also might bump into some legends and/or Jack and Brick. You might even run into Haggs or Shank too.

Agreed! Beautiful bird's eye view, no one in your way. Ambience is lacking, but the fact that you can get basic vending and virtually no lines for the bathroom at any given moment is awesome.

Old
02-19-2013, 03:35 PM
fighterfoo
Time for a change.

Did anyone get the e-mail invite to the "exclusive" Season Ticket Holder practice at Ristuccia next Friday? It's the same as any other publicly-accesible regular practice at Ristuccia, other than the fact that:

* non-Fanatic STH's can't get in.
* if you are a Fanatic STH, but they reach capacity, you can't get in.

Ta-da! WHAT A BENEFIT.

Underwhelming. Why do they even bother with "STH benefits" anymore? They are honestly saying "Be lucky you're a STH, jerk. There are thousands of people waiting for the chance."

Anyone else just put off by this "benefit"?

edit: here's the e-mail

Quote:
You're Invited to Watch an Exclusive Bruins Practice
Friday, March 1 @ 11:30AM | Ristuccia Arena

As a part of your Fanatic Benefits Package, you are invited to watch an exclusive Bruins Practice at Ristuccia Arena in Wilmington, MA. Doors will open at 11:00AM and practice will begin at 11:30AM. Please join the Bruins Fan Relations team over a cup of hot coffee or cocoa, and watch your favorite players practice.

Please note:

Parking will be available at Ristuccia Arena, which is located at 190 Main Street, Wilmington, MA.
You will need to show your Bruins Season Ticket Holder ID card to access the event.
Please dress warmly as it can get cold in the arena.
The Boston Bruins and Ristuccia Arena reserve the right to limit the amount of people allowed at the practice due to capacity.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact your Fan Relations Representative.

Old
02-19-2013, 04:14 PM
gobruins14

Quote:
Originally Posted by fighterfoo View Post
Did anyone get the e-mail invite to the "exclusive" Season Ticket Holder practice at Ristuccia next Friday? It's the same as any other publicly-accesible regular practice at Ristuccia, other than the fact that:

Ta-da! WHAT A BENEFIT.

Underwhelming. Why do they even bother with "STH benefits" anymore? They are honestly saying "Be lucky you're a STH, jerk. There are thousands of people waiting for the chance."

Conveniently scheduled for the middle of a work day!!!

Old
02-19-2013, 04:31 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
Wow! Make a threat and right to the front of the "list".
Still, only section worth taking a gamble on at this point. I thought they would lose less people out there because of the cost.
Please post what they offer.
I was offered sec 37 row 20. The seats were close to the aisle of sec 38 side. Imo those are the worst value bleacher ST's. I wouldn't mind higher rows in sections 35 or 36. But 37 and 38 are pretty far back. The people sitting in row 26+ pay $12.

I asked her if there was anything available behind the bullpens. She said no, that the 37 row 20 pair were the best bleachers they had.

I asked her is there was anything available in section 32 or 33. She told me she would look into it an call me back tomorrow morning. She told me I could think about the 37 row 20's. I don' think I'm gonna take them though.

Old
02-19-2013, 04:50 PM
Ladyfan
Miss Savvy and Looch

vCash: 140
Quote:

Ta-da! WHAT A BENEFIT.

What is so exciting about going to see the B's in WIlmington ?

I work . I can not go.

02-19-2013, 06:42 PM
Bruins Stooge
Spread Out

Quote:

Quote:
Agreed! Beautiful bird's eye view, no one in your way. Ambience is lacking, but the fact that you can get basic vending and virtually no lines for the bathroom at any given moment is awesome.
Might have to try it out. Thanks for the advice!

Old
02-19-2013, 06:49 PM
tragos

Quote:

Quote:
I'd rather feel like I'm at a game, not watching it on HD. So awkward and quiet up there. Definitely worth experiencing to see the view, which is great, but I wouldn't want to be there more than once a year.

Old
02-19-2013, 08:19 PM
dafoomie
blinding rage

Send a message via AIM to dafoomie
Quote:
Originally Posted by tragos View Post
I'd rather feel like I'm at a game, not watching it on HD. So awkward and quiet up there. Definitely worth experiencing to see the view, which is great, but I wouldn't want to be there more than once a year.
Same, view is unobstructed with a nice chair and a shelf in front of you but you feel so detached up there. Wouldn't want to sit there for a big game, there's no energy. It doesn't have the complete disinterest in the game that you'd find in the club sections though.

Closed Thread