HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official 2013 ticket thread Part 5 (ALL ticket talk HERE)(RULES IN FIRST POST)

Closed Thread

Old
01-25-2013, 10:14 AM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
I'm sorry that I find it obnoxious that people who are purchasing a luxury complain about it at every ****ing opportunity.

If you hate everything about how the team runs ****, then why keep your tickets. I just don't understand folks that constanltly need to be *****ing about something.

But, you're right. I guess I'm complaining about that. That's why this place infuriates me so much lately...you can't have a conversation with opposing viewpoints without it turning into a ****ing ****show. So, I guess I'll match your and raise you a .

01-25-2013, 10:27 AM
LetEmPlay

Quote:
I'm sorry that I find it obnoxious that people who are purchasing a luxury complain about it at every ****ing opportunity.

If you hate everything about how the team runs ****, then why keep your tickets. I just don't understand folks that constanltly need to be *****ing about something.

But, you're right. I guess I'm complaining about that. That's why this place infuriates me so much lately...you can't have a conversation with opposing viewpoints without it turning into a ****ing ****show. So, I guess I'll match your and raise you a .
Do you have season tickets? If you dont, I'd gladly complain in another thread where similarly situated sth could go to complain about this without annoying you, but every sth thread gets merged in here. If you have tickets, you probably monitor this thread bc it is a more reliable venue to hear what is going on with your tickets as far as realease dates, perks etc bc the bruins are so bad at communicating. How many times has some one posted "talked to rep about x, they said y". I rely on that bc half the time I dont get the bruins emails.... This time I got it, and posted my issue hoping donations already vetted it....

And for the record, I dont have tickets bc I like the customer service, I have them bc I'm addicted to the on ice product. I just wish the bruins werent so transparent about the fact they are well aware of that. Their service is an inelastic variable so they let it go to crud

Old
01-25-2013, 10:29 AM
LetEmPlay

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetEmPlay View Post
Do you have season tickets? If you dont, I'd gladly complain in another thread where similarly situated sth could go to complain about this without annoying you, but every sth thread gets merged in here. If you have tickets, you probably monitor this thread bc it is a more reliable venue to hear what is going on with your tickets as far as realease dates, perks etc bc the bruins are so bad at communicating. How many times has some one posted "talked to rep about x, they said y". I rely on that bc half the time I dont get the bruins emails.... This time I got it, and posted my issue hoping donations already vetted it....

And for the record, I dont have tickets bc I like the customer service, I have them bc I'm addicted to the on ice product. I just wish the bruins werent so transparent about the fact they are well aware of that. Their service is an inelastic variable so they let it go to crud
Donation = someone, can't edit on phone

Old
01-25-2013, 10:30 AM
RBurgundy

I really can't believe they wont shell out the extra few bucks to mail these. It is just terrible to have to waist a Saturday to get this thing when for like 6 or 7 dollars they could mail it. I'm sure there will be nothing special going on in the event besides wait in line and then pick up the stick. I'm lucky I only live 45 minutes from the garden, but even then an hour and half round trip is annoying. I'd gladly pay the shipping myself on top of the $15 shipping fee I already paid!

Old
01-25-2013, 10:46 AM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Seems like $75 seems to be the going minimum to get into games so far (Opening night not included).

No way you could get in the building under $100 after January last year. So it seems the ticket prices on the secondary market are lower now. Not to mention, tickets on SH now for games in March and April are listing for about half of what they will go foe 1 day before the game.

That being said, get your tickets now, because with only 3 games in February, people will be itching to go come March.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:52 AM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

Yes I have season tickets. Yes I monitor this thread because it's a good source of information, and I enjoy the interaction with (some) other STHs. I guess I just need to do a better job at self-filtering a lot of (what I consider to be) foolish complaining.

There are a lot of things that are (IMO) worth complaining about. Lack of transparency. Poor communication (only able to have 1 email address on file for communication? WTF is up with that?). Messing up people's money/refunds (if you're going to get one thing right, it has to be $$). Those are the basics that I would hope the Bruins would pay closer attention to. They fall flat a lot of the times, and THOSE are the most basic items that are inexcusable, IMO.

If those things went right more often, I'm sure (or, I hope at least) that people wouldn't be as quick to ***** about other things. I know errors/misdoings add up and make smaller things seem more important than they actually are and just add to the pile. I get that, I really do.

But complaining about how one can receive/acces a stick that is autographed by a player? Honestly, that's what we're worried about here? Take a step back and think about that for a second. You are getting something that a) a lot of other people would love to have and b) in some cases, may pay good $$ for. And there's complaining about the inconvenience of stick distribution?

They aren't required to do anything outside of allow STHs entry to the game. I pay my $$, I go to the game. The rest is just gravy. It would be great to have more perks.

It would be great to have better customer service...but like you said, that's not why we have tickets, right?

Old
01-25-2013, 11:30 AM
bruins309
Krejci Fight Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
Seems like $75 seems to be the going minimum to get into games so far (Opening night not included).

No way you could get in the building under $100 after January last year. So it seems the ticket prices on the secondary market are lower now. Not to mention, tickets on SH now for games in March and April are listing for about half of what they will go foe 1 day before the game.

That being said, get your tickets now, because with only 3 games in February, people will be itching to go come March.
I was shocked that I was able to get into a Bruins-Montreal game in Montreal for less than $150 US for this April on a Saturday which I thought would be a huge demand game.

Perhaps the "ask" is a bit soft considering we're just past Christmas and people are tapped out a bit financially.

Old
01-25-2013, 11:42 AM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

I can't make Saturday, and I don't know anyone who will go pick up the stick for me. My mom might but I'd feel bad asking my mom to waste her saturday doing it.

I don't have a rep. (That I know of.)

I don't have tickets and I hate my printer since I don't know how to only print black and white and not waste uber expensive color ink.

And there is no leg room in my Loge seats b/c mine are the on concrete and the ones in front fold up since they are on metal into my knees.

And...I don't really care that much about all that stuff since the team is winning. I am a lot more pissed off at the Celtics b/c they lost last night than I am the B's for this crap. Small potatoes. But I got no problems if people feel wrong done.

If anyone wants to buy the stick that's mine send a PM and we can negotiate something I'll sign ya up as the proxy.

Old
01-25-2013, 12:17 PM
beaverjc

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBurgundy View Post
I really can't believe they wont shell out the extra few bucks to mail these. It is just terrible to have to waist a Saturday to get this thing when for like 6 or 7 dollars they could mail it. I'm sure there will be nothing special going on in the event besides wait in line and then pick up the stick. I'm lucky I only live 45 minutes from the garden, but even then an hour and half round trip is annoying. I'd gladly pay the shipping myself on top of the $15 shipping fee I already paid!
I 100% agree. I appreciate I am getting a stick but the allocation doesnt seem that well thought out. I buy hockey sticks online all the time and they are shipped no problem for $15 or so. You would think as STH and a loyal customers who spends $6500+ a year on their product you would have the ability to have the stick shipped. Lets not forget they didnt have the cost of printing hard tickets this year either. Once again, this is just a way they could improve things in the future I guess.

Old
01-25-2013, 12:25 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaverjc View Post
I 100% agree. I appreciate I am getting a stick but the allocation doesnt seem that well thought out. I buy hockey sticks online all the time and they are shipped no problem for $15 or so. You would think as STH and a loyal customers who spends $6500+ a year on their product you would have the ability to have the stick shipped. Lets not forget they didnt have the cost of printing hard tickets this year either. Once again, this is just a way they could improve things in the future I guess.
Maybe they can allocate our $15 fee for ticket printing/shipping to the stick shipping

Old
01-25-2013, 12:46 PM
LetEmPlay

[QUOTE=Kate08;58310049]
They aren't required to do anything outside of allow STHs entry to the game. I pay my $$, I go to the game. The rest is just gravy. It would be great to have more pe

QUOTE]

They are required to do more than Allow entry to the game. They are required to give me a signed stick. They offered it if I signed up and paid early. I accepted. Contract made. Now they say my getting a stick is contingent on pickup picking it up on feb 2, which I can't do and think is unreasonable. The stick isnt some free thing I'm complaining about. Its something they owe people who signed up early, that I'm not going to get because of their last minute condition.

Old
01-25-2013, 12:54 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

[QUOTE=LetEmPlay;58316179]
Quote:
They aren't required to do anything outside of allow STHs entry to the game. I pay my $$, I go to the game. The rest is just gravy. It would be great to have more pe

QUOTE]

They are required to do more than Allow entry to the game. They are required to give me a signed stick. They offered it if I signed up and paid early. I accepted. Contract made. Now they say my getting a stick is contingent on pickup picking it up on feb 2, which I can't do and think is unreasonable. The stick isnt some free thing I'm complaining about. Its something they owe people who signed up early, that I'm not going to get because of their last minute condition.
We just don't see eye to eye on this. That's fine. Cheers.

Old
01-25-2013, 01:07 PM
DarrenBanks56

Quote:
So we get signed sticks, but "all sticks must be picked up on Feb 2" ...if we can't go, we can send a proxy? Are you kidding me Boston Bruins?! Heaven forbid anyone make plans more than 7 days in advance...

THE BRUINS DONT HAVE A HOME GAME ON 2.2.13!
they better ship these. dont they know alot of sth live over an hour from the garden.

Old
01-25-2013, 01:09 PM
Titan124

I'm looking for 2 or 3 tickets for tonight below what's being asked for on stubhub. I know it's a pretty unreasonable request, but I'm trying to go with non hockey fans who wont spend 60 so I figured I'd at least ask.

Failing that, does anyone know what type of prices I can expect from scalpers outside the garden after the puck drops (minimum price per ticket). Sorry if a question like that isn't allowed.

Old
01-25-2013, 01:24 PM
MSPGabe
Born & Bred In Maine

I'd be wary of Scalpers this year, especially after puck drop. It's always been a bit of a gamble if they have printed tix, but this year, where it's all there is, you could get a photocopy where the real buyer is already in the building.

Will you get screwed? No, probably not. But it's certainly a possibility.

Old
01-25-2013, 01:53 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenBanks56 View Post
they better ship these. dont they know alot of sth live over an hour from the garden.
I just called my rep and was told me these are not physical sticks you download a picture of them wow just read and u don't get to choose player but what's available, and u have a time assigned.... Ugh amazing so my kid has a game plus pay for parking

Last edited by DKH: 01-25-2013 at 02:02 PM.
Old
01-25-2013, 01:59 PM
beaverjc

Watch Jacobs charge $50 for parking the day STH can pick up their sticks.

Old
01-25-2013, 02:46 PM
nickyb

I also think it is complete BS that you have to pick your stick up at the Garden. I live in RI and can't make the trip up regardless (I'll be out of town). I rarely complain about these things and find it hilarious that they're doing this after advertising it as such a GREAT early bird perk. What a crock.

Old
01-25-2013, 03:07 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenBanks56 View Post

This is exactly why they are requiring everyone to show up on a Saturday (non-game day) with less than a weeks notice. They know the numbers too well. They plan accordingly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan124 View Post
I'm looking for 2 or 3 tickets for tonight below what's being asked for on stubhub. I know it's a pretty unreasonable request, but I'm trying to go with non hockey fans who wont spend 60 so I figured I'd at least ask.

Failing that, does anyone know what type of prices I can expect from scalpers outside the garden after the puck drops (minimum price per ticket). Sorry if a question like that isn't allowed.
Best advise I can offer, if I were you, I would download the stubhub app to my phone. Tickets are available on SH right up till the posted game time (7 pm tonight). If you don't mind going in a few minutes late, wait and buy tickets between 6:55 and 7 pm. I guarantee there will be pairs available below STH face value during that time frame. Once you purchase them, walk over to the SH office just a block from the Garden (takes about 3 minutes). They will ask for your photo ID and hand you your tickets. You can also feel free to purchase right from inside their offices and save the time walking over after you buy. They have two desktop macs for the public to browse their listings.

The Celtics/Knicks game last night had been a hot ticket for the previous couple weeks leading up to the game. At one point you could't get a pair of seats anywhere in the Garden for less than $110/per ticket. My little bro wanted to go. I told him to wait till the last 5 minutes before and buy off SH. He ended up sitting in section 326 row 1. The listed SH price he bought at was $29/per ticket. That is well under STH face. I can almost guarantee you the similar deals will be available tonight. FYI, the market rate for those seats a few days before the game was probably $150/per. And even afternoon day of game it was probably still at least $100/per. If you don't care where you sit, you will make out pretty well going this route, say 90%+ of the time.

Last edited by Looch: 10-16-2013 at 04:42 PM.
Old
01-25-2013, 03:12 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyb View Post
I also think it is complete BS that you have to pick your stick up at the Garden. I live in RI and can't make the trip up regardless (I'll be out of town). I rarely complain about these things and find it hilarious that they're doing this after advertising it as such a GREAT early bird perk. What a crock.
Hey, just be happy with 5 games worth of FREE food! They don't need to do ANYTHING other than offer you admission into games. It doesn't matter that they dangled a carrot in front of you with this offer to get you to commit to renew early, A YEAR AGO! They didn't promise to deliver the stick to your door, DID THEY? If you don't like how they treat you, don't renew your seats!!!

The complaining that goes on year is mind boggling!

Old
01-25-2013, 03:17 PM
DKH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looch View Post
Hey, just be happy with 5 games worth of FREE food! They don't need to do ANYTHING other than offer you admission into games. It doesn't matter that they dangled a carrot in front of you with this offer to get you to commit to renew early, A YEAR AGO! They didn't promise to deliver the stick to your door, DID THEY? If you don't like how they treat you, don't renew your seats!!!

the way I understood this is you pick a player and get the stick- likely delivered to your house. I just have this vision 'Peggy sitting in some back room signing Tyler Seguin's signature'.

Old
01-25-2013, 03:20 PM
nickyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looch View Post

lol...keith told me they are working on "other methods of distribution"....

Old
01-25-2013, 03:22 PM
DKH

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaverjc View Post
Watch Jacobs charge $50 for parking the day STH can pick up their sticks.
you can park for $32 and pick up your stick

says sticks will be selected on a first-come, first served basis, and not every player's autograph will be available

well, I complained about the exhibiton game with Providence and ended up in the second row behind the net, so I'll probably end up with the one I want, but still

Old
01-25-2013, 03:29 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
the way I understood this is you pick a player and get the stick- likely delivered to your house. I just have this vision 'Peggy sitting in some back room signing Tyler Seguin's signature'.

lol. That would be sweet. But hey, if it happened, it's ok. We really shouldn't complain about a *bonus like a signed stick. We are really only entitled access to games we purchased tickets to. Signed sticks are so silly anyways. I'm surprised they even remembered to do them after all this time. Oh that's right, I'm sure they were reminded by hundreds of STH who were promised them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyb View Post
lol...keith told me they are working on "other methods of distribution"....
Keith is a nice guy. I honestly believe he will inquire and do everything in his power to try to accommodate STH's who have a hardship. I also honestly believe his boss is going to tell him "your peeps are SOL".

Old
01-25-2013, 03:37 PM
beaverjc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
you can park for $32 and pick up your stick

says sticks will be selected on a first-come, first served basis, and not every player's autograph will be available

well, I complained about the exhibiton game with Providence and ended up in the second row behind the net, so I'll probably end up with the one I want, but still
I dont see a huge demand for Lane Macdermid sticks but you never know. I bet you get it.

Closed Thread