HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Senators Prospect Update 2012-2013 Part II

Closed Thread

Old
03-17-2013, 09:18 PM
starling

vCash: 50
Ohio State won CCHA quaterfinal series.
3-2 win tonight.
Dzingel 3 assists, McCormick 1 goal.
Looks like they are carrying this team right now.

Old
03-17-2013, 09:21 PM
The King of Town

vCash: 500
Apparently we signed another goalie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan pageau ‏@pageau13
So proud of my bro and ex-teammate @bgsuhammond joing my cousin @JGPageau with the Sens org
Andrew Hammond

Old
03-17-2013, 09:32 PM
Ghost in the Shell
#WeLikeOurKarlssons

Bishop gone?

Old
03-17-2013, 09:48 PM
Ouroboros

vCash: 1076
UNO eliminated. Sustr watch starts now.

Old
03-17-2013, 09:57 PM
MrPeterman

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
I'm looking forward to a Bingo 2nd line next season of ...
Puempel - Grant - Noesen

We already know that Grant can play an excellent defensive game, now it's time to start developing his offensive game which was pretty good when he played for Michigan State. These two should help him get that scoring knack back.
I hope we get to see that. At any rate I want to see Grant playing with some people who can skate. His combo of size and skating ability stood out to me while in Ottawa. He was obviously still rough around the edges but he's got a solid chance at being an NHL player.

Old
03-17-2013, 11:11 PM
source

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigun View Post
Bishop gone?
I think it's fair to assume that. Just a matter of time.

Old
03-17-2013, 11:20 PM
jordan7hm

Cole Schneider is quietly putting together a nice little season, but I haven't seen him play more than a handful of games. For people who watch Bingo more often - how has he looked?

Old
03-18-2013, 12:01 AM
Caje

Quote:
Originally Posted by The King of Town View Post

Andrew Hammond
Aren't we already at 50 contracts?

Old
03-18-2013, 05:45 AM
KAPOW
has no rispeck

so in the CHL-playoffs we have:

WHL:

Calary (Driedger) vs. Swift Current
Portland (Rutkowski) vs. Everett
Victoria (Fransoo) vs. Kamloops

OHL:

Plymouth (Noesen) vs. Sarnia
Kitchener (Puempel) vs. Guelph
Owen Sound (Ceci) vs. S. S. Marie

QMJHL:

Quebec (Brassard) vs. Chicoutimi

Good luck to the kids

Old
03-18-2013, 06:14 AM
Kickabrat
WHAT - ME WORRY?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landru View Post
Aren't we already at 50 contracts?
Like all the other signings that have happened these past couple of weeks or so, the contract probably starts next season and he will likely sign a PTO with Bingo for the remainder of the year....therefore ZERO impact on this year.

here's a story on him...attended the CHI development camp in 2012.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/13743...e-up-goal.html

Old
03-18-2013, 12:12 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Let's Win It All

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan7hm View Post
Cole Schneider is quietly putting together a nice little season, but I haven't seen him play more than a handful of games. For people who watch Bingo more often - how has he looked?
The definition of "average prospect" isn't really spectacular at anything but is good at most things. Although I must say, he has made some of phenomenal passes. His playmaking to me is his biggest asset as well as his vision. With that being said, he has improved greatly from the beginning of the year like most players on the team. I say it's a bit too early to tell but he has been a very consistent player.

Old
03-18-2013, 12:21 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
Huck Farper

Stefan Noesen rides a hot streak into the playoffs. 9 points in his last 4 games. Looks like he's healed up and ready for the postseason.

Here are some names from Plymouth that Sarnia will have to try and contain: Trocheck, Mistele, Heard, Rackell, Wilson, Hartman, Noesen... Pretty much all PPG+ forwards.

Old
03-18-2013, 12:28 PM
BondraTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
Stefan Noesen rides a hot streak into the playoffs. 9 points in his last 4 games. Looks like he's healed up and ready for the postseason.

Here are some names from Plymouth that Sarnia will have to try and contain: Trocheck, Mistele, Heard, Rackell, Wilson, Hartman, Noesen... Pretty much all PPG+ forwards.
And to think, J.T Miller could be with that group. Here's hoping Noesen pick's up where he left off before the injury in last years playoff's. He was on his was to a Wayne Gretzky award.

Old
03-18-2013, 02:48 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan7hm View Post
He is another of my favourites, I hope he has an even better yr next season for a callup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post

Would love to find a way to get Tom Wilson from Washington, he would probably be NHL ready in about 2 or 3 yrs.

Old
03-18-2013, 03:11 PM
God Says No

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
He is another of my favourites, I hope he has an even better yr next season for a callup.
meh, i don't see this guy making the big show unless a substantial jump in development.

hoffman, pageau, stone, petersson, etc. are way ahead on the depth chart than this guy.

Old
03-18-2013, 03:21 PM
source

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikMacNorrison View Post
so in the CHL-playoffs we have:

WHL:

Calary (Driedger) vs. Swift Current
Portland (Rutkowski) vs. Everett
Victoria (Fransoo) vs. Kamloops

OHL:

Plymouth (Noesen) vs. Sarnia
Kitchener (Puempel) vs. Guelph
Owen Sound (Ceci) vs. S. S. Marie

QMJHL:

Quebec (Brassard) vs. Chicoutimi

Good luck to the kids
Thanks for this. I'll be in Halifax scouting future Senators Jonathan Drouin and Nathan MacKinnon. They have a lock on the Memorial Cup IMO.

Old
03-18-2013, 03:22 PM
VermetteFan

Whalers' Noesen looks to finish strong
http://www.hometownlife.com/article/...TS03/303170529

For Noesen, the way this year has gone is something he intends to file away and put to good use someday. For starters, he'll know what to expect when he skates at Ottawa's 2013 training camp.

“Those guys are bigger and faster, definitely, not to mention stronger,” Noesen said. “Some of those guys, you come here (OHL) and guys are kind of scrawny. But you go up there and everyone's thick and well-built.

“So it's a good learning experience to go up there and know what I have to do to make the next step.”

Ohio State 3 | Ferris State 2: OSU reaches semifinals in CCHA playoffs
http://buckeyextra.dispatch.com/cont...-playoffs.html
Ohio State sophomore Max McCormick extended his points streak to nine games with a power-play goal at 1:32 of the first period.

Ottawa Senators Perfectly Set Up For The Future

http://www.rantsports.com/nhl/2013/0...or-the-future/

Kyle Turris and the Ottawa Senators Are Getting It Done
http://thehockeywriters.com/kyle-tur...tting-it-done/

Old
03-18-2013, 03:43 PM
DJB

vCash: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by The King of Town View Post

Andrew Hammond
The guys were talking about it this morning on the team.

Old
03-18-2013, 03:53 PM
Wiercioch2Karlsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by VermetteFan View Post
Whalers' Noesen looks to finish strong
http://www.hometownlife.com/article/...TS03/303170529

For Noesen, the way this year has gone is something he intends to file away and put to good use someday. For starters, he'll know what to expect when he skates at Ottawa's 2013 training camp.

“Those guys are bigger and faster, definitely, not to mention stronger,” Noesen said. “Some of those guys, you come here (OHL) and guys are kind of scrawny. But you go up there and everyone's thick and well-built.

“So it's a good learning experience to go up there and know what I have to do to make the next step.”

Ohio State 3 | Ferris State 2: OSU reaches semifinals in CCHA playoffs
http://buckeyextra.dispatch.com/cont...-playoffs.html
Ohio State sophomore Max McCormick extended his points streak to nine games with a power-play goal at 1:32 of the first period.

http://www.rantsports.com/nhl/2013/0...or-the-future/

Kyle Turris and the Ottawa Senators Are Getting It Done
http://thehockeywriters.com/kyle-tur...tting-it-done/
I've said it a million times - I cannot wait for Noesen to make it to the NHL. All signs are that he is going to be the most wicked playoff warrior-type player to have. With Silf, Zib, and Lehner, equally our most exciting prospect IMO.

Old
03-18-2013, 05:21 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Let's Win It All

I like the ring of that.

Old
03-18-2013, 06:48 PM
Wiercioch2Karlsson

Anybody else notice that NCAA sophomore, Sens prospect Ryan Dzingel is currently 3rd in Hobey Baker voting?

http://www.hobeybakeraward.com/page/...y-2013-phase-i

Old
03-18-2013, 08:46 PM
VermetteFan

Hjelle, Fritz and Dzingel Honored with All-CCHA Selections
http://www.elevenwarriors.com/bucksh...cha-selections
13 March 2013
Ohio State senior goalie Brady Hjelle was one of three Buckeyes honored with all-conference selections by the CCHA on Wednesday. Also named were sophomore Tanner Fritz as a second team forward and sophomore Ryan Dzingel, who earned honorable mention recognition at forward.

Dzingel finished third in CCHA scoring with 28 points, coming on 10 goals and 18 assists. He's also riding a hot streak, with a point in 12 of his last 14 games.

François Brassard is honored
http://www.journaldemontreal.com/201...ard-est-honore
Tuesday, March 12, 2013
TORONTO - François Brassard, Quebec Remparts, was named the goaltender of the last week in the Canadian Hockey League (CHL) on Tuesday.

Brassard presented a perfect record by winning his three starts on opposing rinks, now a goals against average of 2.00 and an efficiency of, 944.

During this sequence, the prisoners of Patrick Roy has made 101 stops, including 31 against the Baie-Comeau Drakkar, which is the second step in the overall Hockey League Quebec Major Junior (QMJHL). Friday, 37 washers Brassard pushed against the Victoriaville Tigres and two days later, he blocked 33 shots against the Blainville-Boisbriand Armada.

The guardian of 19 years has the second highest number of wins in the QMJHL. Since the beginning of the season, he was selected in the sixth round by the Ottawa Senators in 2012, has a record of 30-18-2-2 with two shutouts, a 2.78 average and a rate of effectiveness, 909.

Top scorer Gogolev named MVP at award banquet for Victoria Royals
http://www.timescolonist.com/sports/...royals-1.93205
March 17, 2013
The Wilson’s Transportation Top Defenceman Award went to veteran Jordan Fransoo. Fransoo, of North Battleford, Sask., tallied eight goals and added 14 assists, while anchoring both the power play and penalty-killing units.

Royals' Jordan Fransoo Named Tip Top Tailor-Made Player of the Month for February
http://islandsportsnews.net/componen...h-for-february
March 4, 2013, Victoria, BC (ISN) - The Victoria Royals are pleased to announce that defenceman Jordan Fransoo has been selected as the Tip Top Tailor-Made Player of the Month for February.

The 19-year-old defenceman recorded seven points (3g-4a) to go along with just two minor penalties through 13 games played during February. All three of Fransoo's goals came with the man advantage while his seven points tied his previous career-best month for points which came back in February of 2011.

"Jordan had a very good month for us," General Manager Cameron Hope said. "Game in and game out, through a tough part of our schedule, he elevated the level of his play and continued to be a leader for our team."

Old
03-18-2013, 09:09 PM
starling

McCormick Named Ohio State's CCHA Scholar-Athlete of the Year

COLUMBUS, Ohio - Max McCormick, a sophomore forward and business - finance major on the Ohio State men's hockey team, has been designated the squad's CCHA 2012-13 Scholar-Athlete of the Year, the Central Collegiate Hockey Association announced Tuesday.

The faculty athletic representative at each school, in consultation with the head coach, selected the institution's Scholar-Athlete of the Year. Each school's Scholar-Athlete of the Year serves as the program's nominee for the CCHA Scholar-Athlete of the Year award. Nominees must have a cumulative GPA of 3.25 through the fall term of the selection year. The overall winner will be announced at the CCHA Awards March 22 at the Fox Theater in Detroit.

A two-time Ohio State Scholar-Athlete who will earn Academic All-Big Ten honors this year, McCormick has skated in all 36 games in 2012-13 and is tied for second on the team with 12 goals, ranking third with 27 points. He is on a six-game point streak (4g, 6a, 10p) and has points in 13 of the last 16 games. He has played in 63 games for the Scarlet and Gray, with 22 goals, 27 assists and 49 points.

Old
03-19-2013, 02:11 AM
N Bahn Ahden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiercioch2Karlsson View Post
Anybody else notice that NCAA sophomore, Sens prospect Ryan Dzingel is currently 3rd in Hobey Baker voting?

http://www.hobeybakeraward.com/page/...y-2013-phase-i
He was the stand out among that somewhat anonymous batch of late round NCAA guys at the summer camp. He has talent.

Old
03-19-2013, 08:51 AM
playasRus

What the heck is with so many of our prospects getting recognition?

A few years ago, I remember most of our draft picks were absolutely unheard of. These few years we have a player nominated for something every week.

Closed Thread