HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Senators Prospect Update 2012-2013 Part II

Closed Thread

Old
03-25-2013, 11:38 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
and size. I think DD lost quite a bit of confidence by getting knocked out & it could take him a while to get that back. I expect he will be sent back to Bingo soon but if he ever gets his mojo back he could be a decent bottom six player for Ottawa at some point in the future.
Lolwut?

He has been playing his best hockey AFTER the knockout.

Old
03-25-2013, 11:40 PM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
Lolwut?

He has been playing his best hockey AFTER the knockout.
Disagree. He looks lost out there. He was directly responsible for Zidlicky's goal.

Old
03-25-2013, 11:48 PM
H2ODP

vCash: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by WasTeD View Post
Disagree. He looks lost out there. He was directly responsible for Zidlicky's goal.
I agree with RKL, I think he looks better after the knockout..

Old
03-25-2013, 11:53 PM
mcnorth

I don't think DD has looked good. Didn't look good before the knockout. Didn't look good after the knockout.

Didn't look good getting knocked out.

Just not ready yet. Needs more time. Game is just moving too fast and he's not sure of his role yet IMO. Has decent size and wheels. Lots of heart. Needs more time.

Old
03-25-2013, 11:55 PM
God Says No

i guess wasted and i vs. rkl and h2odp.

i think he needs to go back to the ahl. doesn't bring anything to table currently.

(and he was directly responsible for the goal, that's why you didn't see him for the rest of the game)

Old
03-26-2013, 12:13 AM
H2ODP

vCash: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by God Says No View Post
i guess wasted and i vs. rkl and h2odp.

i think he needs to go back to the ahl. doesn't bring anything to table currently.

(and he was directly responsible for the goal, that's why you didn't see him for the rest of the game)
I don't view him as a good player, but I think he's a playable 4th liner. I wouldn't mind if he got demoted, but I don't think he could be pointed out as awful just based off one mistake. My comment of him looking improved since the knockout was mostly based on the fact that he wasn't losing pucks from simply carrying the puck up the ice like he was before. His puck handling looks improved. Still, he'll probably get demoted but I'm fairly comfortable with him as a 4th liner..

Old
03-26-2013, 12:17 AM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

I'd say DD has looked better after the knockout too. Even when he was scoring goals I thought he looked way out of place. Shouldn't be here imo. Hoffman will take his place within a week. Still lots of time for him to become a real NHLer. This stint will certainly open his eyes as to what he needs to work on.

Old
03-26-2013, 01:14 AM
ATdaisuki
invisible

so there are three camps. the "dd looked better after the knockout", the "dd looked better before the knockout" and the "dd hasn't looked good most of his call-up" camps. i'm in the latter. i think something all the camps agree on is that dd should be sent back down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
Hoffman will take [dd's] place within a week. Still lots of time for him to become a real NHLer. This stint will certainly open his eyes as to what he needs to work on.
i think you're right. it's time to release the hasselhoff. if he doesn't look great, put in k-daug. send dd down with his list, get a look at hoffman, then send him down with his list and insert daugavins into the line-up. everything is golden.

i'd also like to say i'm loving the stat updates everyone is putting together for our prospects' playoff series. how many of you are watching the games? it'd be nice to get a scouting report along with the stats. you don't have to do one after every game, maybe at the end of a series, or after every three games (essentially after however games you see fit). would love to get a little deeper than stats. thanks!

Old
03-26-2013, 01:57 AM
danishh
Dat Stache

Plymouth ended up winning 5-2, taking a 3-0 series lead vs Sarnia. Noesen was 1+2 +3.
OS lost 5-3 to SSM, now leading the series 2-1. Ceci was 0+1 -1.

Calgary lost 3-2 in OT, dreidger had 39 saves. Now leading 2-1.

03-26-2013, 06:56 AM
Tuna99

DD didn't play well last night, on the wrong side if checks, overpursued and generally not making good for checking decisions.

But he's young and probably wanted to be more aggressive this game to get his confidence back because he played pretty conservative last game, but I'd say he most definitely looked like a rookie out here tonight

Old
03-26-2013, 02:46 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Funny ... Daugavins placed on waivers & DD sent down to Bingo.

Old
03-26-2013, 02:54 PM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
Quote:
Funny ... Daugavins placed on waivers & DD sent down to Bingo.
Lots of people predicted DD would be sent down and I've read multiple people call for Daug to be off the roster. So calm down there Nostradamus

Old
03-26-2013, 03:04 PM
starling

Top 50: Lehner among biggest risers in 2013 Spring rankings
Quote:
31. Robin Lehner, G – Ottawa Senators
Height: 6-4 Weight: 225, Fall Ranking – 46

The first thing that comes to mind when Robin Lehner is talked about is his extremely high level of competitiveness. He has a drive and desire to win that is rivaled by few. He is in his fourth season of professional hockey and has had success in both the AHL and NHL, including a Calder Cup with the Binghamton Senators. He still has issues giving up soft goals periodically, and his five-hole needs work. But because he never gives up on a play, he has the tendency to make saves of a highlight reel fashion. He tends to have temper issues but he has calmed down in recent years and stays better focused on the game. There is little doubt that Lehner has the potential to be a good starting goalie at the NHL level.

Old
03-26-2013, 03:14 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Lots of people predicted DD would be sent down and I've read multiple people call for Daug to be off the roster. So calm down there Nostradamus
I'm one of the very few on here who thought that DD would even be called up this yr but obviously injuries had a lot to do with it. Also I called putting Daugavins on waivers at the beginning of the yr & again injuries probably prevented that until now. Murray could be making roster room for a trade or another NCAA signing.

Old
03-26-2013, 03:29 PM
Gesus

Or more likely Hoffman will get the call up he deserves.

Old
03-26-2013, 03:31 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'JESUS' Joe-Corvo View Post
I hope so he looked great at the beginning of the yr.

Old
03-26-2013, 03:38 PM
Tuna99

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'JESUS' Joe-Corvo View Post

If anything we will be displaying our prospects for trades, guys that don't fit our depth chart but another team like Calgary or Columbus is looking for and want to say play in the NHL -Hoffman and De Costa would be at the top if my list for our prospects that can be packaged and traded for deadline help.

Old
03-26-2013, 03:39 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna99 View Post
If anything we will be displaying our prospects for trades, guys that don't fit our depth chart but another team like Calgary or Columbus is looking for and want to say play in the NHL -Hoffman and De Costa would be at the top if my list for our prospects that can be packaged and traded for deadline help.
This is a possibility too with those two.

Old
03-26-2013, 03:41 PM
Lehner
HFBoards Sponsor

Lehner should not be ranked 31, hes is a top 5 prospect in the NHL, hes better and more important then Silf or Zibby.

Old
03-26-2013, 03:43 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehner View Post
Lehner should not be ranked 31, hes is a top 5 prospect in the NHL, hes better and more important then Silf or Zibby.
When we were ranking our prospects earlier this yr, I had him ranked first. I took a lot of crap for that.

Old
03-26-2013, 03:47 PM
Lehner
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
When we were ranking our prospects earlier this yr, I had him ranked first. I took a lot of crap for that.
so did I, Ive had him 1st for the last 2 rankings.

Old
03-26-2013, 03:51 PM
derriko

vCash: 4116
Quote:
Odd, since Alfie was responsible for 90% of that goal ( god forgive me)

He did a complete fly-by on Zidlicky. He sorta skated by him and swung his stick half ass-edly at him which allowed him to walk to the center of the ice untouched.

Some of the worse defense ive ever seen by Alfie, complete matador defense.

Old
03-26-2013, 03:59 PM
Gesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna99 View Post
I could see that for some guys but maybe not with Hoffman. He was praised for his performance in camp, and T. murray/Dorion speak very highly of him. He just happened to get injured right around the time all the Ottawa guys went down, otherwise he likely would have been called up before some if not all of DD, Grant, SDC and Stone. Luke Richardson called Hoffman his best forward the other day on the team.

Old
03-26-2013, 04:27 PM
Leave Spezza Alone
melnyk pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehner View Post
so did I, Ive had him 1st for the last 2 rankings.
Me too.

03-26-2013, 05:54 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
I hope so he looked great at the beginning of the yr.
Disagree. Hoffman has been playing much better now and right before he got injured.

Closed Thread