HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Proposal Thread: Part X Rated Rumors

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-22-2013, 01:38 PM
  #676
Draiskull
Registered User
 
Draiskull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 17,294
vCash: 777
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
Katie Strang ‏@KatieStrangESPN

Wow. Crappy for the Isle if true. If we weren't so stacked on the wings I'd give Nino a shot.
Kruger would probably love the swiss kid on our team.. There just is no room until Smyth retires..

Draiskull is online now  
Old
01-22-2013, 01:39 PM
  #677
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 30,176
vCash: 2627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
Poor Isles.

First Vish and now Nino. Truth be told I wouldn't mind taking a flyer, and correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't Ralph coached him before? Price will probably be too much.

Still that franchise is in the tough right now.
Shocking a team that builds via waivers has unhappy players

joestevens29 is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 01:40 PM
  #678
lCensored
Registered User
 
lCensored's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Saskatchewan
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
Poor Isles.

First Vish and now Nino. Truth be told I wouldn't mind taking a flyer, and correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't Ralph coached him before? Price will probably be too much.

Still that franchise is in the tough right now.
I agree but I would hope Tambo would at least inquire about the cost, see if there is a possible deal to be made there? If that is true about Krueger coaching him before maybe he has some say in whether he would like him here...I mean, Renny brought us Potter

Hopefully Tambo will at least look into this though.

lCensored is online now  
Old
01-22-2013, 01:43 PM
  #679
Asher
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,580
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
Katie Strang ‏@KatieStrangESPN



Wow. Crappy for the Isle if true. If we weren't so stacked on the wings I'd give Nino a shot.
What does "current situation" mean?

Asher is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 01:44 PM
  #680
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 30,176
vCash: 2627
Quote:
Originally Posted by scid14 View Post
I agree but I would hope Tambo would at least inquire about the cost, see if there is a possible deal to be made there? If that is true about Krueger coaching him before maybe he has some say in whether he would like him here...I mean, Renny brought us Potter

Hopefully Tambo will at least look into this though.
I agree. Need to keep in mind Wang is a cheap man. Any GM that convinces his owner to take RDP and use a buyout on him will have the inside track here.

joestevens29 is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 01:44 PM
  #681
Draiskull
Registered User
 
Draiskull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 17,294
vCash: 777
The Isles need top 4 Dmen and are pretty stacked up front hence no room for Nino.

We just wont be able to offer up anyone of value unless we are willing to give up Klefbom or Petry.

Too bad he isnt a C..

Draiskull is online now  
Old
01-22-2013, 01:45 PM
  #682
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 30,176
vCash: 2627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher View Post
What does "current situation" mean?
Is he in the AHL?

joestevens29 is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 01:47 PM
  #683
Draiskull
Registered User
 
Draiskull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 17,294
vCash: 777
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Is he in the AHL?
probably... He didnt play the first 2 games for NYI ..
so AHL or PB ... pretty much the same situation as Paajarvi with the difference being that Nino has be scoring at a PPG pace in AHL and Paajarvi not so much..

Draiskull is online now  
Old
01-22-2013, 01:48 PM
  #684
Calgary McOilers
Registered User
 
Calgary McOilers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Calgary
Posts: 1,396
vCash: 6711
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
Hasn't El Nino sucked?
They totally rushed him into the league last year. They need to let their propects develop instead of helping them turn into busts.

Calgary McOilers is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 01:51 PM
  #685
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 30,176
vCash: 2627
Niederreiter, Lou, Subban, Benn, RoR

Anyone else? Might be a potential for a 3-way somewhere there?

joestevens29 is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 01:51 PM
  #686
McDoused
Registered User
 
McDoused's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Katy <3
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,374
vCash: 500
I would love to grab El Niño. Wonder what it would take. Maybe they move him for Marincin?

McDoused is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 01:52 PM
  #687
Asher
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,580
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Is he in the AHL?
It appears so. As well all know, some European players don't like playing in the AHL. Maybe that's what Nino is upset about.

Asher is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 01:56 PM
  #688
McOilbleeder
Moderator
We are all Kloppites
 
McOilbleeder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Oil Country
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,429
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher View Post
What does "current situation" mean?
I think it refers to how they've handled. Rushed him into the league last year(when he was clearly not ready) and gave him 4th line/PB duties. It didn't help at all.

Then they finally send him down to the AHL, and he does pretty well. Then training camp opens and he doesn't get an invite(IIRC).

So I guess he could be pissed about that. Still think it's a little entitled for him to seek a trade, but what can you do.

Oh and FTR, I feel MPS has better value than El Nino currently.

__________________
<-- Credit goes to Joel Ward
McOilbleeder is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 01:57 PM
  #689
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 30,176
vCash: 2627
I wouldn't be shocked if he is in the AHL because the Isles are afraid of him hitting bonuses.

joestevens29 is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 01:59 PM
  #690
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 30,176
vCash: 2627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post

Oh and FTR, I feel MPS has better value than El Nino currently.
So do you make that deal if you are ST?

joestevens29 is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 02:01 PM
  #691
BowDangles
Registered User
 
BowDangles's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,734
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
I wouldn't be shocked if he is in the AHL because the Isles are afraid of him hitting bonuses.
I dont think this is the case, he had 1 goal/point last season in 55 games played in the NHL..
He prob feels like they are ruining his development (which they are) so he wants out.

BowDangles is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 02:02 PM
  #692
Moose Coleman
Registered User
 
Moose Coleman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,016
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Niederreiter, Lou, Subban, Benn, RoR

Anyone else? Might be a potential for a 3-way somewhere there?
Maybe even a trade!

Moose Coleman is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 02:06 PM
  #693
Asher
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,580
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
I think it refers to how they've handled. Rushed him into the league last year(when he was clearly not ready) and gave him 4th line/PB duties. It didn't help at all.

Then they finally send him down to the AHL, and he does pretty well. Then training camp opens and he doesn't get an invite(IIRC).

So I guess he could be pissed about that. Still think it's a little entitled for him to seek a trade, but what can you do.

Oh and FTR, I feel MPS has better value than El Nino currently.
Yes and no. On the one hand I feel bad for the Isles, on the other the kid only has one career and if he feels strongly that he's not be handled properly then he probably should be looking out for #1. Think the Oilers didn't screw over a guy like Jeff Deslauriers? Maybe he should have spoke up too?

Asher is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 02:07 PM
  #694
SephF
Patreeky
 
SephF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,308
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
Hasn't El Nino sucked?
He got 1 point in like 50ish games in the NHL last season, this year he's put up around a PPG in the AHL. Looks like his game is coming around but Edmonton doesn't have much use for him.

SephF is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 02:10 PM
  #695
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 30,176
vCash: 2627
Quote:
Originally Posted by SephF View Post
He got 1 point in like 50ish games in the NHL last season, this year he's put up around a PPG in the AHL. Looks like his game is coming around but Edmonton doesn't have much use for him.
Isn't he kinda the type of player we have been looking for?

joestevens29 is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 02:13 PM
  #696
McCanovin
1% is the new 11.5%
 
McCanovin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: 780
Posts: 4,923
vCash: 500
Didn't Fistric take of his head last season? Yikes!

McCanovin is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 02:13 PM
  #697
lCensored
Registered User
 
lCensored's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Saskatchewan
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Isn't he kinda the type of player we have been looking for?
Those are my thoughts, big strong LW. It's not like we are deep on that side.

lCensored is online now  
Old
01-22-2013, 02:16 PM
  #698
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 30,176
vCash: 2627
Quote:
Originally Posted by scid14 View Post
Those are my thoughts, big strong LW. It's not like we are deep on that side.
Especially if it's a guy like Prv going back.


Lets say neither guy gets more than 15 goals a year. Who do you want. The physical guy or the defensive guy?

joestevens29 is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 02:21 PM
  #699
jsho
Registered User
 
jsho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Oil Country
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,295
vCash: 500
I wonder what the reason behind it is....

Would you take a chance and do Paajarvi for Niederreiter?

Stats wise -

Nino
AHL - 40 points in 45 games
NHL - 3 points in 64 games

Magnus
AHL - 45 points in 71 games
NHL - 42 points in 121 games

jsho is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 02:22 PM
  #700
BOUNCE
Registered User
 
BOUNCE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 658
vCash: 200
Paajarvi for niño ? There value is probably about the same. If there is any coach in the league that could get the most out of nino it's kreuger

BOUNCE is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:10 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2016 All Rights Reserved.