HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Proposal Thread: Part X Rated Rumors

Closed Thread

Old
01-22-2013, 03:04 PM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tv14 View Post
Damage has been done. Now thats not to say he won't pan out, but last year had a negative impact on his development.
How did Paajarvi's development go last year?

Old
01-22-2013, 03:06 PM
CornKicker
Tied with Lander G's

vCash: 50
lol nino's potential is way higher than MPS, but MPS has proven to be able to play at this level, I take that deal as i am confident that nino breaks out, more so than mps breaking out

Old
01-22-2013, 03:06 PM
Vdhawan89
Forgot About Drai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Forever View Post
An off the board pick from how many years ago...?

What a horrific comparison. We would be insane not to trade Paajarvi for Niño. Has anyone here even watched him play? Or are we all just basing his ability off of the stat sheet?

My lord.
To be honest, ive only watched a couple WJC games and a few of his games when he was in the WHL, so you're right that I havent seen much of him. But from what I've read he is a big physical winger, who has a wicked shot. If he reached is potential then he'd be the perfect addition to our second line, but not at the price of MPS. The one knock against MPS has been that he may not be able to put up points in the NHL. MPS scored 15 goals in his rookie season, while Nino had only 1. Do you really think Nino can produce at the NHL level? (honest question)

Old
01-22-2013, 03:08 PM
tv14

Quote:
How did Paajarvi's development go last year?
I never once compared Paajarvi to Niederreiter. I just said that we should spend our time developing our players like Paajarvi rather than trade for other teams under performers and try to develop them.

But since you asked... Oddly enough, Paajarvi's development appears to have been better (or at least less worse) than Niederreiter's last year believe it or not.

Old
01-22-2013, 03:09 PM
Draiskull

vCash: 777
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vdhawan89 View Post
To be honest, ive only watched a couple WJC games and a few of his games when he was in the WHL, so you're right that I havent seen much of him. But from what I've read he is a big physical winger, who has a wicked shot. If he reached is potential then he'd be the perfect addition to our second line, but not at the price of MPS. The one knock against MPS has been that he may not be able to put up points in the NHL. MPS scored 15 goals in his rookie season, while Nino had only 1. Do you really think Nino can produce at the NHL level? (honest question)
He is among league leaders in AHL scoring as a 20yo.. 2 yrs younger than Hartikainen and a lot more offensive. I dont see why he cannot produce at NHL level when he is ready.

Old
01-22-2013, 03:10 PM
lCensored

Quote:
An off the board pick from how many years ago...?

What a horrific comparison. We would be insane not to trade Paajarvi for Niño. Has anyone here even watched him play? Or are we all just basing his ability off of the stat sheet?

Since when is a fifth overall pick with half a year of NHL experience a reclamation project.

My lord.
I think the people here that wouldn't trade for him are a smaller percentage. It seemed like the majority of people in this thread would really like to try to get him here if the price was right. I also agree that Krueger could be the perfect guy to coach him.

Old
01-22-2013, 03:12 PM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

Quote:
I don't see why not. And if he can't, he's a better bet than Paajarvi for a spot on the third line as a checker.

Old
01-22-2013, 03:13 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 2627
Quote:
Originally Posted by tv14 View Post
Damage has been done. Now thats not to say he won't pan out, but last year had a negative impact on his development.
Meh, the kid has 36 points in 39 games in the AHL this year. I'd be more concerned if he had 15 points or something.

Old
stratedge
I rigged the lotto.

vCash: 1176
I imagine that the Isles simply don't want to burn a year of his contract on a 48 game season that they have no hope of making the playoffs in, no? Can they still use him for 9 games in this shortened season? I imagine that's what they'll do... 9 games and no more.

Old
Draiskull

Quote:
Originally Posted by scid14 View Post
I think the people here that wouldn't trade for him are a smaller percentage. It seemed like the majority of people in this thread would really like to try to get him here if the price was right. I also agree that Krueger could be the perfect guy to coach him.
yup would be a great pickup but o well if we dont land him... I'll be happy as long as CGY does not get him... (They can build around the Swiss combo of Bart and Nino)

Old
01-22-2013, 03:16 PM
Draiskull

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratedge View Post
I imagine that the Isles simply don't want to burn a year of his contract on a 48 game season that they have no hope of making the playoffs in, no? Can they still use him for 9 games in this shortened season? I imagine that's what they'll do... 9 games and no more.
This might be the year and NYI could do some damage out east.
They certainly have the talent up front even without Nino.
They'll just have to keep playing Streit 30min\night on the back end.

Old
01-22-2013, 03:16 PM
CornKicker
Tied with Lander G's

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Meh, the kid has 36 points in 39 games in the AHL this year. I'd be more concerned if he had 15 points or something.
or 20 playing with hall, eberle, schultz and Nuge and being 2 years older

Old
01-22-2013, 03:19 PM
lCensored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
yup would be a great pickup but o well if we dont land him... I'll be happy as long as CGY does not get him... (They can build around the Swiss combo of Bart and Nino)
Yeah, It's not like we are in a dire situation where we need to trade for this guy. But I really hope that Tambo would at least have the right attitude about this situation and be inquiring about him because it is a trade that could possibly benefit us greatly.

Old
01-22-2013, 03:22 PM
CornKicker
Tied with Lander G's

imagine the isles said something like "we want omark and peckham" .............tambo would sit there confused and waiting for the catch...........................um uh ok i guess we really like linus but sure that sounds ok to me

Old
01-22-2013, 03:23 PM
Lrrr
Omicron Persei 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratedge View Post

A year of his contract gets burned whether he plays in the AHL or NHL.

Old
01-22-2013, 03:25 PM
Wheathead
Formally a McRib

Send a message via ICQ to Wheathead
I doubt a team has a ton of motivation to move a player who is playing on his ELC. Play a few years in the league before demanding a trade. You're not Lindros.

Old
01-22-2013, 03:36 PM
Futon

Quote:
Niño was 18 and rushed into the NHL so the isles could make the cap floor. He was not ready to play in the NHL and everybody could see it. He wasn't put in a position to succeed (4th line, PB). I would trade MPS for him in a heartbeat, I think the oilers would have to add. Not sure how much, possibly A LOT. Wang probably overvalued him. How often do you get a chance to snag a big, young, physical winger, who is ppg in the AHL. You jump on that and don't look back.

Old
01-22-2013, 03:39 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by CornKicker View Post
imagine the isles said something like "we want omark and peckham" .............tambo would sit there confused and waiting for the catch...........................um uh ok i guess we really like linus but sure that sounds ok to me
Why would the NYI want Omark?

Isles little Rhett Rkashani couldn't stick and produce with the NHL club, but is among scoring leaders in the Europe.
I can't recall the NYI prospect, who lost an eye in an intentional stick swinging incident. He played 1-2 seasons with the isles, but couldn't score enough. I came across his name in an article. He's among SEL scoring leaders. Another little guy dominating in a lesser league.

I've been very impressed with potential 2nd/3rd liners Brock Nelson, Ullstrom, Sundstrom, Cizikas and Perrson. Heck, in early season threads, I have posts praising Kabanov before his arm injury.Isles aren't trading Nino in a depth trade.

I realize that these boards often fall into the fantasy board land, but let's try to stay in the land of the realistic.

Old
01-22-2013, 03:39 PM
BowDangles

If Clarkson from NJD and Clowe from SJ hit the market this summer the Oilers HAVE to go after at least one of them... Big top 6 forward would compliment our skill guys perfectly.

Old
01-22-2013, 03:40 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetriser View Post
Niño was 18 and rushed into the NHL so the isles could make the cap floor. He was not ready to play in the NHL and everybody could see it. He wasn't put in a position to succeed (4th line, PB). I would trade MPS for him in a heartbeat, I think the oilers would have to add. Not sure how much, possibly A LOT. Wang probably overvalued him. How often do you get a chance to snag a big, young, physical winger, who is ppg in the AHL. You jump on that and don't look back.
Paarjarvi: 4 goals, 16 assists.

Nino: 19 goals, 17 assists.

Isles will keep Nino. Thanks all the same. I don't see Paarjarvi bringing anything more to the table, then Ullstrom, Sundstrom, Cizikas and Perrson.

Old
01-22-2013, 03:44 PM
Juxtaposer
Window: Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post

Isles will keep Nino. Thanks all the same. I don't see Paarjarvi bringing anything more to the table, then Ullstrom, Sundstrom, Cizikas and Perrson.
You know, I'm starting to think that all you do is surf other team's forums all day and reply to any and all vaguely ridiculous comments regarding the Isles with the same response.

Old
01-22-2013, 03:50 PM
CornKicker
Tied with Lander G's

Quote:
Why would the NYI want Omark?

Isles little Rhett Rkashani couldn't stick and produce with the NHL club, but is among scoring leaders in the Europe.
I can't recall the NYI prospect, who lost an eye in an intentional stick swinging incident. He played 1-2 seasons with the isles, but couldn't score enough. I came across his name in an article. He's among SEL scoring leaders. Another little guy dominating in a lesser league.

I've been very impressed with potential 2nd/3rd liners Brock Nelson, Ullstrom, Sundstrom, Cizikas and Perrson. Heck, in early season threads, I have posts praising Kabanov before his arm injury.Isles aren't trading Nino in a depth trade.

I realize that these boards often fall into the fantasy board land, but let's try to stay in the land of the realistic.
it was a joke dude, as in omark went on waivers and no one wanted him, its a joke.

Old
01-22-2013, 03:56 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
You know, I'm starting to think that all you do is surf other team's forums all day and reply to any and all vaguely ridiculous comments regarding the Isles with the same response.
There's an Oiler fan on the NYI board, trying to explain why Omark and Paarjarvi for Nino, is pretty fair in his opinion.

I'm sorry. Should I pretend low ball offers will appeal to Snow?

22 yr old Donovan made the AHL all-star team alongside Nino this season. Nelson was probably the Sound Tigers best all round player until taking a puck to the jaw and being out for several weeks.

Neither Nelson or Donovan were invited to camp either. Yet, no whining from their agents, no calls to be traded.

Nino needs to suck it up, play hard. He along with Nelson and Donovan, will get their chances in the next training camp.

Old
01-22-2013, 04:01 PM
lCensored

Quote:

Okay cool, too bad the GM isn't you then...right?

PRV for Nino is not a bad place at all to start off negotiations whether you or any other Isles fans like it or not. Just because he gets traded doesn't mean you guys will come out on top and everybody will love the trade or no deal! We don't know what is going to happen and this is just speculation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Pretty much this....he forgot the not that he should have needed it though, wow.

Old
01-22-2013, 04:06 PM
Juxtaposer
Window: Closed

Quote:
There's an Oiler fan on the NYI board, trying to explain why Omark and Paarjarvi for Nino, is pretty fair in his opinion.

I'm sorry. Should I pretend low ball offers will appeal to Snow?

22 yr old Donovan made the AHL all-star team alongside Nino this season. Nelson was probably the Sound Tigers best all round player until taking a puck to the jaw and being out for several weeks.

Neither Nelson or Donovan were invited to camp either. Yet, no whining from their agents, no calls to be traded.

Nino needs to suck it up, play hard. He along with Nelson and Donovan, will get their chances in the next training camp.
Exactly, perfect example, thanks. Here's how every single post you make goes:

1) That offer doesn't appeal to Snow. He wants young, established NHL defensemen. The Isles have tons of defensemen prospects.
2) That offer doesn't appeal to Snow. He wants a player on a long-term contract, not an impending UFA.
3) Obscure fact about Isles prospect.

I'm not saying you aren't justified; the poke was at the fact that you actively pursue EVERY SINGLE POST in this entire forum that remotely talks about the Isles in any way that is remotely not correct.

You don't have to be responsible for responding to every anti-Isles post. You can let it go or ignore it.

Closed Thread