HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Vancouver-Philadelphia

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-17-2013, 11:06 AM
  #1
CanuckCity
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 725
vCash: 500
Vancouver-Philadelphia

Luongo (5.3), Tanev (??), Hansen (1.3).


for

Briere (6.5), Simmonds (1.75), Boucher (.950)

Let's assume this is a near deadline deal in the case that Bryzgalov is playing equal to or worse than last season and the Flyers brass realize they need more consistent and solid goaltending if theyre going to go anywhere in the playoffs.

I orginally had Bryzgalov in the deal but it wasnt going to work cap wise.

As much as everyone claims lou is a playoff choker, it based soley on a few games whilst ignoring all the other games he's stolen. Fact of the matter is you know what you're getting out of lou and he has proven he can play in the more offensive eastern conference.


Last edited by CanuckCity: 01-17-2013 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Revised
CanuckCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 11:08 AM
  #2
YP44
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,256
vCash: 500
It maybe because I really like Simmonds but I think this is too much going to Vancouver.

YP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 11:09 AM
  #3
Four Boilermakers
Sea Bass said that?
 
Four Boilermakers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 5,933
vCash: 500
Not happening from the Flyers's perspective.

Four Boilermakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 11:10 AM
  #4
couture23
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
 
couture23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: GTA/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,649
vCash: 500
Favours Vancouver way too much.

couture23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 11:10 AM
  #5
Hennig
It was 4-1.
 
Hennig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Ontario
Posts: 4,822
vCash: 137
I can't see Philadelphia liking this...

Hennig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 11:10 AM
  #6
hockeyguy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 344
vCash: 500
the value's not terrible but i don't see the flyers interested in a hurt booth coming off an injury in a short season and danny briere waiving his no movement

hockeyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 11:18 AM
  #7
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting
 
Seatoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Interior of BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,439
vCash: 400
Pass as a Vancouver fan. Philly can buyout Bryz themselves if they want Luongo and then they can pay the price, big pass.

Seatoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 11:18 AM
  #8
CanuckCity
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 725
vCash: 500
Revised the deal


Last edited by CanuckCity: 01-17-2013 at 11:28 AM.
CanuckCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 11:20 AM
  #9
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows
 
LickTheEnvelope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 28,379
vCash: 500
Booth is out for 5 weeks...

LickTheEnvelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 11:23 AM
  #10
dave babych returns
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 4,749
vCash: 500
Why is Vancouver taking a veteran goalie on a monster contract that they will end up having to buy out?

If Philadelphia wants to make a change in goal let them eat their own mistake and enter the Luongo negotiations.

dave babych returns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 11:26 AM
  #11
Garbage Goal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 18,355
vCash: 500
It's way too much going to Vancouver. Even operating under the assumption that Bryz is sucking the first month it's still not worth it. In that scenario the only way Luongo is dealt is if he isn't playing well enough to beat out Schneider. Combine that fact with his contract and poor reputation with postseason play and there's a good chance it was a lateral move.

Signing Bryz was smart...just signing him long-term was the mistake. Makes us tethered to him a bit. If we trade for a goalie it has to either be a goalie like Luongo or Bryz on a short term contract so were not screwed if things go south or we trade for a sure-thing elite goalie long-term. A goalie like Lundqvist (which will never be available I know).

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 11:28 AM
  #12
Wizeman*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,624
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckCity View Post
Luongo, Tanev, Booth, 1st. Vancouver's prospect pool is already thin but we gotta go all in sooner rather than later.

for

Bryzgalov, Briere, Simmonds

Luongo and Bryz are a wash salary wise but certainly not talent wise. As much as everyone claims lou is a playoff choker, it based soley on a few games whilst ignoring all the other games he's stolen. Fact of the matter is you know what you're getting out of lou and he has proven he can play in the more offensive eastern conference.

Im doing this from a Canucks POV solving our need of clutch playoff performers and grit that than score. Obviously booth is injured atm but lets assume this deal happens after a month or so with Bryzgalov losing the Flyers games and not living up to expectations.

This might not work salary wise considering the cap is dropping 8 mil next year and Briere has two more yrs at 6.5 and Simmonds is jumping up to 4 mil but assuming the GMs can make it work what do you think?
Briere is a scorer but he is in his mid thirties now and is overpaid. Why would we want that contract? Bryz is simply so the canucks can buy him out so why dont the flyers do it instead?

Simmonds is worth Luongo plus Bryz contract to buy out if Anquilli gives the green light.

The idea the canucks give up tanev and a first and all this other crap is simply a rip off from a Vancouver point of view.

The proposed deal upgrades Phillys goaltending, gives them a young quality defender and a first rounder, plus dumps Briere and Bryz contracts.

We dont owe the Flyers any favors. No thanks.

Wizeman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 11:30 AM
  #13
Garbage Goal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 18,355
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave babych returns View Post
Why is Vancouver taking a veteran goalie on a monster contract that they will end up having to buy out?

If Philadelphia wants to make a change in goal let them eat their own mistake and enter the Luongo negotiations.
You could say almost the same exact thing about Luongo. Both are on monster contracts and in the scenario presented both would be on the market.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 11:35 AM
  #14
Garbage Goal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 18,355
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizeman View Post
Briere is a scorer but he is in his mid thirties now and is overpaid. Why would we want that contract? Bryz is simply so the canucks can buy him out so why dont the flyers do it instead?

Simmonds is worth Luongo plus Bryz contract to buy out if Anquilli gives the green light.

The idea the canucks give up tanev and a first and all this other crap is simply a rip off from a Vancouver point of view.

The proposed deal upgrades Phillys goaltending, gives them a young quality defender and a first rounder, plus dumps Briere and Bryz contracts.

We dont owe the Flyers any favors. No thanks.
You're underrating Briere and overrating Luongo. Briere only has a couple years left on his contract if I remember correctly and he's known for delivering at a PPG pace in the playoffs as well as being a quality scorer in the regular season. In the scenario proposed Luongo would be getting beat out by Schneider and he has a horrible contract combined with a shaky reputation.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 11:36 AM
  #15
dave babych returns
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 4,749
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
You could say almost the same exact thing about Luongo. Both are on monster contracts and in the scenario presented both would be on the market.
In the scenario presented Luongo has trade value while it's much, much less certain that Bryzgalov does.

Luongo's contract is a problem for the Canucks because they have another, younger goaltender who also deserves a #1 job and paycheque.. Bryzgalov's contract is in theory a problem for the Flyers because he is simply not earning it.

(All that being said I think the Flyers stick with Bryz. He showed flashes last year and when I look at your team on paper it seems much more like the defensive problems come from your blueline than your goaltender. If Philly does move on from Bryzgalov I'm guessing it's at least part because he is a genuine weirdo and they think it's a distraction.)

dave babych returns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 11:38 AM
  #16
CanuckCity
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 725
vCash: 500
Changed the Trade and took out Bryzgalov. Lou for Briere, bad contract for bad contract. Lou is probably worth more though. Then Tanev and Hansen for Simmonds. Two players i really like but you have to give to get.

CanuckCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 11:41 AM
  #17
AKL
#AnyoneButThem
 
AKL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: Nauru
Posts: 8,606
vCash: 50
Flyers give up way too much to have two goalies make a combined >10m for the rest of ever.

AKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 11:45 AM
  #18
CanuckCity
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 725
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by J StClair28 View Post
Flyers give up way too much to have two goalies make a combined >10m for the rest of ever.
They have the buyout option at the end of the season, or could surely get something decent back for one of the two

CanuckCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 11:45 AM
  #19
StevensCakeBakerBacker
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country:
Posts: 1,318
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckCity View Post
Changed the Trade and took out Bryzgalov. Lou for Briere, bad contract for bad contract. Lou is probably worth more though. Then Tanev and Hansen for Simmonds. Two players i really like but you have to give to get.
Briere has his contract expire in 2 years, and Luongo goes for the next decade... Those are equally "bad" contracts to you? Lol, they aren't in the same universe.

Luongo has almost zero trade value since he A) has an awful contract that lasts another decade, and B) VAN has to move him, or buy him out this summer. I don't get why this is so hard to understand. Luongo is going to get VAN nothing of significance, and that is if they get anything for him at all.

StevensCakeBakerBacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 11:45 AM
  #20
Garbage Goal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 18,355
vCash: 500
An even worse deal now. Briere doesn't have much time left on his contract and he earns it in the playoffs. His contract is far superior to Luongos. Tanev and Hansen for Simmonds is just atrocious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave babych returns View Post
In the scenario presented Luongo has trade value while it's much, much less certain that Bryzgalov does.

Luongo's contract is a problem for the Canucks because they have another, younger goaltender who also deserves a #1 job and paycheque.. Bryzgalov's contract is in theory a problem for the Flyers because he is simply not earning it.

(All that being said I think the Flyers stick with Bryz. He showed flashes last year and when I look at your team on paper it seems much more like the defensive problems come from your blueline than your goaltender. If Philly does move on from Bryzgalov I'm guessing it's at least part because he is a genuine weirdo and they think it's a distraction.)
That's why I said almost. Fact is we'd be trading one unsure thing for another. Luongo has a horrible deal, is getting beaten out by a youngster in that scenario, and has a shaky reputation as a starter lately himself.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 11:55 AM
  #21
CanuckCity
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 725
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
An even worse deal now. Briere doesn't have much time left on his contract and he earns it in the playoffs. His contract is far superior to Luongos. Tanev and Hansen for Simmonds is just atrocious.
True briere only has 3 yrs left but he would become the highest paid play on the nucks in a situation where the cap is going down. Buying out Bryz or giving him away at the end of the season doesnt hurt the team since they gave nothing up for him.

Would you prefer booth and tanev for simmonds? Assuming booth is 100% at this point

CanuckCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 11:58 AM
  #22
AKL
#AnyoneButThem
 
AKL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: Nauru
Posts: 8,606
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckCity View Post
True briere only has 3 yrs left but he would become the highest paid play on the nucks in a situation where the cap is going down. Buying out Bryz or giving him away at the end of the season doesnt hurt the team since they gave nothing up for him.

Would you prefer booth and tanev for simmonds? Assuming booth is 100% at this point
You need to think about this from a Flyer standpoint. The Flyers can get into the playoffs without Luongo. Once in the playoffs, Briere is more valuable than Luongo. Philadelphia goes nowhere in the playoffs if they trade Briere, arguably their best playoff player, for Luongo.

AKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 12:00 PM
  #23
Garbage Goal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 18,355
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckCity View Post
True briere only has 3 yrs left but he would become the highest paid play on the nucks in a situation where the cap is going down. Buying out Bryz or giving him away at the end of the season doesnt hurt the team since they gave nothing up for him.

Would you prefer booth and tanev for simmonds? Assuming booth is 100% at this point
We're not taking on an atrocious contract and shaky goalie, especially when Vancouver has little in the way of options with Luongo. The other poster is right that you're likely to not get much for him. Briere isn't seen as a terrible contract right now by the way. Or at least shouldn't be.

A guaranteed healthy Booth for Simmonds is close but there's no way to guarantee that.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 12:10 PM
  #24
CanuckCity
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 725
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by J StClair28 View Post
You need to think about this from a Flyer standpoint. The Flyers can get into the playoffs without Luongo. Once in the playoffs, Briere is more valuable than Luongo. Philadelphia goes nowhere in the playoffs if they trade Briere, arguably their best playoff player, for Luongo.
Fair enough. Let's put it this way then, what would you want for Briere and Simmonds? Obvious untouchables are Sedins and Kes, Edler is borderline.

CanuckCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 12:16 PM
  #25
AKL
#AnyoneButThem
 
AKL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: Nauru
Posts: 8,606
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckCity View Post
Fair enough. Let's put it this way then, what would you want for Briere and Simmonds? Obvious untouchables are Sedins and Kes, Edler is borderline.
Obviously I'd try to get Edler (Disclaimer: not saying Briere+Simmonds for Edler is appropriate value, not saying it isn't), after that, Kassian interests me, Hamhuis, Bieksa... If Flyers are moving Simmonds, I'd take a look at Booth... None of these listed in order.

I'm not a Flyers fan, so I can't say with certainty what they're looking for. I'd take a guess that it's help NOW, as opposed to picks/prospects.

AKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:59 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.