HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Any Tim Tebow fans here?

Old
01-19-2013, 10:21 PM
LUUUUUIS
Bandwagoneer

vCash: 500
I think more people dislike him because he sucks. I forget about his faith often, I always remember that he's pretending at quarterback.

LUUUUUIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 03:54 AM
Parise9Crosby87

he took the broncos to the playoffs and won a game jets just didn't use him right

Parise9Crosby87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 05:35 PM
Dr Beinfest

I think it's better put to say the Broncos took him to the playoffs. And then he was manhandled by a real team.

Dr Beinfest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 08:32 PM
PanthersRule96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Beinfest View Post
I think it's better put to say the Broncos took him to the playoffs. And then he was manhandled by a real team.
After he beat the Steelers....winning one more playoff game than Peyton has in a Bronco's uni.

I don't understand how people say that tebow goes about things the wrong way. The stupid media is who blows everything up. Tebow doesn't call news conferences or go talk to the media to create controversy. He's a humble guy and keeps his head down and works hard. He is religious and he was incredibly successful at Florida, but was elevated to 'god-like' status by ESPN and the mainstream media. It's not tebow's fault that ESPN has become TMZ.

PanthersRule96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 06:53 AM
Beezeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersRule96 View Post
After he beat the Steelers....winning one more playoff game than Peyton has in a Bronco's uni.

I don't understand how people say that tebow goes about things the wrong way. The stupid media is who blows everything up. Tebow doesn't call news conferences or go talk to the media to create controversy. He's a humble guy and keeps his head down and works hard. He is religious and he was incredibly successful at Florida, but was elevated to 'god-like' status by ESPN and the mainstream media. It's not tebow's fault that ESPN has become TMZ.
Why didn't they follow Colt McCoy around? Guy was the starting quarterback for one of the most nationally recognized team in the country?

Beezeral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 07:31 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Beinfest View Post
This...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersRule96 View Post

and that.

I agree with the whole ESPN thing. It was Tebow mania when Denver starting getting those late game wins last season. ESPN should be blamed for hyping him up to something more than he actually is, which is a mediocre QB.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 08:58 AM
Desert Panther
Resident Lurker

I think he's a good person and an decent (not great) player. It was a travesty the way the Jets used him. He'll likely end up in the CFL for a while. I was shocked he went in the 1st round (I really expected him to be around a 4th round pick)

That said, I'm a UF grad and fan so I'm a bit biased.

Desert Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 06:49 PM
Dr Beinfest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezeral View Post
Why didn't they follow Colt McCoy around? Guy was the starting quarterback for one of the most nationally recognized team in the country?
Why is it that people like Scott Peterson or Casey Anthony gets massive news coverage? Sad to say but htat stuff actually happens more than just once.

It's the way the sensationalist media works. I already said it once myself, but the Tebow product is something that the media had been portraying as a Tebowing Gator from his early days.

Don't get me wrong, he doesn't help by feeding them exactly what they want. But... much like everything else in this world he's a pure product of sensationalism. Look -- everyone here has a pretty founded opinion of him. They either fully support him or they don't like him at all. That's exactly what they want.

Dr Beinfest is offline   Reply With Quote