Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 OHL Priority Selection Prospects Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
03-12-2013, 02:19 PM
doogie24

vCash: 500
If there were All Star teams from Ontario we would be sitting here ******ing about which players did and didn't make the rosters, instead of what teams did or didn't get in.

Yes, this is a showcase for scouts, but look at it from the player's angle... they all want to be there to have a chance at the title of best team in Ontario. There's a provincial championship on the line for these kids, having OHL teams there watching every game is just a bonus.

Old
03-12-2013, 02:23 PM
Tigers1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by doogie24 View Post
If there were All Star teams from Ontario we would be sitting here ******ing about which players did and didn't make the rosters, instead of what teams did or didn't get in.
We have a winner....We already see it with All Star/top prospect teams.

Old
03-12-2013, 02:44 PM
mapleleaf979

3 players to watch tonight for the Marlboros.

A.Troublin: Excellent dangerous speed and acceleration. Has been moved up the lineup to play with Stephens. There speed meshes well together.

A.Smith: Is a physical player who makes his presence felt. Sometimes inconsistent, but can impact a game with his bodychecks.

J.Maclean: Although somewhat raw and sometimes over-committing leaving him out of position, his competive mentality is impressive to watch. Brings a physical element to the Marlboros from the backend. Leaves everything on the ice.

Old
03-12-2013, 03:21 PM
U of C Trojan

http://www.usantdp.com/news_article/...rrer_id=666974

Interesting list on us development roster. Top kids we discussed as well as Troy Henley ! What a great opportunity for him.
Players would have not been invited if they did not verbally commit to the program. Which again means nothing.

Old
03-12-2013, 03:30 PM
RyanHPscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers1992 View Post
Ill turn it back on you. Whats the advantage to OHL, specifically OHL Central Scouting, to add an Ontario All Star team to the Cup? We have seen all the ontario kids upwards of 30 times, we know them, its not like they are mysteries.

The All Star teams are for regions that we don't get to see alot of. We don't see alot of Eastern US, we don't see alot of US Prep/Atlanta. We don't see alot of the NOHA teams.

Its about what the OHL teams and Central Scouting wants. At this point, no one is interested in an All Star team from the GTHL/Ontario because we have seen them alot already. Whats the point? If the NOHA would get out of the stone ages and get a true Minor Midget AAA league, I bet we see the elimination of the All Star team for the NOHA as well.

Again, keep in mind, its about the teams and scouts and seeing players that we have not really had the opportunity to see. We have seen alot of London, we have seen alot of the Flyers. Its sad that they didn't make it, but at the end of the day won't stop teams from drafting a Vande Sompel in the top 20.
All excellent points. IMO it doesn't make sense that London with 3 potential top 20 players didn't recieve an invite. But at the end of the day their draft status isn't going to move up or down because of it. It would have been a great experience for the team, and for those who don't watch a lot of Minor Midget especially who may not follow Minor Midget that closely during the season or aren't in the London area and would have liked to see guys like Szypula, White and Vande Sompel in the OHL Cup.

Old
03-12-2013, 03:38 PM
defensehockey19

That sucks I wanted Henley to come to the O.

Old
03-12-2013, 05:50 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetesFan94 View Post
Henley still may come to the OHL. The invite is there, No committment from him yet. Blake Clarke was also on this invite list last year.

Old
03-12-2013, 07:04 PM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanHPscout View Post
All excellent points. IMO it doesn't make sense that London with 3 potential top 20 players didn't recieve an invite. But at the end of the day their draft status isn't going to move up or down because of it. It would have been a great experience for the team, and for those who don't watch a lot of Minor Midget especially who may not follow Minor Midget that closely during the season or aren't in the London area and would have liked to see guys like Szypula, White and Vande Sompel in the OHL Cup.
I feel the same way. I am not sure Ethan Szypula gets the credit he deserves. Vande Sompel is one of the most exciting defensemen to watch.

Old
03-12-2013, 08:18 PM
ohlscout

Here are some videos of top OHL Prospects

Travis Konecny http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klRqIin0zHU

Nikita Korostelev http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2DLCIRegwA

Dylan Strome http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGB3GU5h35s

Brett McKenzie http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ7xT5WVho4

Matthew Spencer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UGNOQsvSLY

Mitch Marner http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2MVDzie7-g
Also a video of Mitch Marner playing for the St. Michaels Buzzers Jr A http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNJoQTlr9AQ

Old
03-12-2013, 09:08 PM
checkmate3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetesFan94 View Post
Henley has not committed verbally and plans on playing in the O. His committment is to the OHL was told this from him when interviewed and the family. Petes or Otters should consider taking him since he has said location is not an issue.

Old
03-12-2013, 10:09 PM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmate3 View Post
Henley has not committed verbally and plans on playing in the O. His committment is to the OHL was told this from him when interviewed and the family. Petes or Otters should consider taking him since he has said location is not an issue.
I think the Petes will take Spencer, Henley or Korostelev.

Wouldn't mind McKenzie tho!

Old
03-12-2013, 10:09 PM
Garyboy

Just a heads-up as some guys to watch from Elite Hockey & TPH Thunder.

Elite Hockey
55 Donovan "Stop calling me Steve" Ott
91 Chase Pearson
97 Jeremy "Bracc Attack" Bracco

TPH Thunder
11 Aaron O'neil

All are NTDP camp invites.

Old
03-12-2013, 10:51 PM
mapleleaf979

Barrie played really well tonight. They are a physical team. Savoy is a punishing hitter, one of the hardest hitters in the age group. I thought his head contact penalty was a clean hit. Savoy had people talking about him. Macarthur moves well for a guy his size, at times was a bit too passive today, once instance Fregona pushed him off the puck. Dawson also made his presence felt. Good win for the Colts.

Old
03-12-2013, 11:41 PM
Gensfan9

Marlies looked sloppy, no flow at all. The game was actually pretty boring. I will chalk it up to the 2 wk layoff however this is the biggest tournament of the year and not the time to come up with a dud. Barrie carried the play and were the better team tonight.

Whitby came out very sluggish and got a late goal from McCool who was silent up until that point to take the 2 pts. Sarris had a nice game. Lemcke was ordinary. TRW made it easy on Christie with limited pucks thrown on net and no traffic at all.

Central Ontario came out flying and controlled the first two periods. Jrc had very few scoring chances or shots. Fast forward to the third and there was one team on the ice from the drop of the puck; jrc took total control. Korostelev was dominant and made things happen every shift. Sharipov did all the work and made a nice dish for the winner.

Saw very little of the rebels so no comment.

Maybe it was nerves but hopefully we see better hockey tmrw.

Old
03-12-2013, 11:45 PM
Garyboy

TPH Thunder has players from quite a few places. Michigan high schools, Chicago, Los Angelas, Buffalo, Carolina, Atlanta

Elite Hockey has quite a few New Jersey/Philadelphia Jr. players.

Old
03-13-2013, 12:12 AM
chewerjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
Barrie played really well tonight. They are a physical team. Savoy is a punishing hitter, one of the hardest hitters in the age group. I thought his head contact penalty was a clean hit. Savoy had people talking about him. Macarthur moves well for a guy his size, at times was a bit too passive today, once instance Fregona pushed him off the puck. Dawson also made his presence felt. Good win for the Colts.
I have liked this kid since Eary Bird tourny and he keeps getting better, and mounting points, without getting the credit.

Mack Lemmon was drafted 1st pick in 2nd round a few years back, and was a punishing hitter, but had minimal offensive skills. This Savoy kid can be a very productive power forward in the OHL.

I still think that as hitting is concerned, Baird may be the best in the 97 loop.

Old
03-13-2013, 12:20 AM
chewerjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gensfan9 View Post
Marlies looked sloppy, no flow at all. The game was actually pretty boring. I will chalk it up to the 2 wk layoff however this is the biggest tournament of the year and not the time to come up with a dud. Barrie carried the play and were the better team tonight.

Whitby came out very sluggish and got a late goal from McCool who was silent up until that point to take the 2 pts. Sarris had a nice game. Lemcke was ordinary. TRW made it easy on Christie with limited pucks thrown on net and no traffic at all.

Central Ontario came out flying and controlled the first two periods. Jrc had very few scoring chances or shots. Fast forward to the third and there was one team on the ice from the drop of the puck; jrc took total control. Korostelev was dominant and made things happen every shift. Sharipov did all the work and made a nice dish for the winner.

Saw very little of the rebels so no comment.

Maybe it was nerves but hopefully we see better hockey tmrw.
Great to see that my boy Big K is gaining momentum. Hopefully, he keeps it up and has a good tourny.

How did Clark, Cornell and Eastman play for COW?

Old
03-13-2013, 12:25 AM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewerjones View Post
I have liked this kid since Eary Bird tourny and he keeps getting better, and mounting points, without getting the credit.

Mack Lemmon was drafted 1st pick in 2nd round a few years back, and was a punishing hitter, but had minimal offensive skills. This Savoy kid can be a very productive power forward in the OHL.

I still think that as hitting is concerned, Baird may be the best in the 97 loop.
Baird and Savoy are two of the best hitters in the 97 group, imo. He played a really nice physical game. He had the Marlboro defenseman rushing things, his checks punish u. He made a nice pass to set up one goal as well.

Old
03-13-2013, 12:43 AM
Racer14
Always Watching

Austin Gerhart - Barrie Jr. Colts #8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71Y_XPAbuIY

Old
03-13-2013, 12:51 AM
Gensfan9

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewerjones View Post
Great to see that my boy Big K is gaining momentum. Hopefully, he keeps it up and has a good tourny.

How did Clark, Cornell and Eastman play for COW?

Clark had a few chances, did nothing to stand out. He usually picks up the pieces from his linemates.

Eastman had a good game, used his speed to create open ice, was good on the cycle, overall was one of their top forwards.

Corneil had a good game, played both ends of the rink, dominant on the draws and played chippy. I would like to see him on the top line with Eastman and Clark actually. Corneil and Eastman would cause D fits with their speed.

Corneil to me is one of the most responsible players game in and game out. His backcheck is as fearless as his offensive presence. I'm high on this kid.

Old
03-13-2013, 12:53 AM
Gensfan9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
Baird and Savoy are two of the best hitters in the 97 group, imo. He played a really nice physical game. He had the Marlboro defenseman rushing things, his checks punish u. He made a nice pass to set up one goal as well.
Savoy got 4 minutes for a clean hit. Agree with the statements above, i like this kid too

Old
03-13-2013, 09:06 AM
defensehockey19

Sharipov a Russian like Korostelev? Can anybody tell me anything about him.. What round he's supposed to go?

Also just looking for anyone to answer but if you had to compare Korostelev to a current OHLer who would it be??

Old
03-13-2013, 11:02 AM
ontohockey

I am just a parent who visits this site for interesting information. Is it wrong for me to feel that some who post on here are agents etc. promoting their players? Our son isn't a star and we opted not to have an agent. Will it hurt his chances of being drafted fairly? Thanks in advance for your honest opinions.

Old
03-13-2013, 12:37 PM
ImaBullsfan

Quote:
Savoy got 4 minutes for a clean hit. Agree with the statements above, i like this kid too
Between Baird and Savoy, which one would be best suited for the big ice here in Belleville? IMO the bulls will need a player with an edge next year to begin the re-tooling stage. Who has more offencive flair?

Old
03-13-2013, 02:58 PM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
Refs were brutal. Marlie kid also got 4 min for a good hit.

Closed Thread