Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

2013 OHL Priority Selection Prospects Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
02-12-2013, 02:57 PM
Hockeyplayer9723

vCash: 500
What about 2nd-3rd round picks. Do you have a mock of those?

Old
02-12-2013, 04:00 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman22 View Post
In a nut shell you are not beg on defensive forwards. I agree with LuvtoWatch, he has no interest in playing in his own end. I would take A couple of Rebs kids and JrC kids before Korostelev. All three are different forwards, Strome best playmaker by far, Stephens probably best two way player other than Konecney. Korostelev can score, but he disappears when it gets tough.
I dont think uve been reading my different posts on Korostelev. Thats one thing Ive been talking about constantly is not a complete 200 foot game, but it can come around with a good strict coach, see Phil Kessel. I think it was time for me to point out some of the things I like about him. As I mentioned before I see Korostelev being selected in the 9-15 range.

Ud take a couple Rebels and Jr C players before Korostelev? Your alone on that one. Not one Rebel or Jr Canadien is going in the 2013 ohl draft in the first round except Nikita Korostelev.

Stephens best 2 way forward? His limited size moving forward, inconsistent effort make that arguement very difficult to make. Stephens has trouble finishing his offensive rushes on a consistant basis, poor decision making at times. His incredible feet give him opportunity to take over whenever he wants, doesnt seem to want it as badly as say a Graham Knott, Mitchell Webb shows.

Old
02-12-2013, 04:17 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvtowatch View Post
Having seen what Stephens can do playing with the 96 TM last year, he is a sure bet for next year. He looked like one of them, we know that 9 of them are playing in the OHL as 16 yr olds. I can't say Korostolev is a sure bet, OHL coaches won't tolerate a 16 yr old playing from centre ice in.
U can make the arguement right now, that if u assembled those same 96 players the 96 Marlboros vs 96 Rebels this weekend with the same core guys and u brought Stephens to join them, that he would look like he was left behind a tad, especially if they played physical. Stephens could always skate with them. Even on that team Stephens was called up a few times and played a depth role with little ice. I never saw him dominate last year even just for one shift, to me he had elite wheels that made him fit in and nice puck skills, when he did see ice. Last year during the OHL cup, he saw little ice nor did capobianco and Strong appeared to burn his team out in the last game. I dont think he has gotten alot better in the last 1 year. I imagine he goes in between 10-15. Maybe with the Peterborough connection and if there is mutual liking there and or if the Petes cant get there #1 guy they select him earlier. The Petes have done a 180 since Christmas, good for them. That will help them. Team moral is super high there now.

Old
02-12-2013, 04:25 PM
scout97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyplayer9723 View Post
What about 2nd-3rd round picks. Do you have a mock of those?

Not yet sorry. I'm currently working on a top 3 round list which should be complete mid march around the OHL cup

Old
02-12-2013, 04:29 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Originally Posted by scout97 View Post
Not yet sorry. I'm currently working on a top 3 round list which should be complete mid march around the OHL cup
One of the most interesting picks in this draft is going to be Windsor in the early second round. I think they are going to get a major player.

Old
02-12-2013, 05:15 PM
Hank38

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman22 View Post
In a nut shell you are not beg on defensive forwards. I agree with LuvtoWatch, he has no interest in playing in his own end. I would take A couple of Rebs kids and JrC kids before Korostelev. All three are different forwards, Strome best playmaker by far, Stephens probably best two way player other than Konecney. Korostelev can score, but he disappears when it gets tough.
Sorry from the games I have watched this season I have not witnessed anything remotely to support your claim that Stephens is probably the best two way player after Travis.

Old
02-12-2013, 05:37 PM
Hank38

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
One of the most interesting picks in this draft is going to be Windsor in the early second round. I think they are going to get a major player.
U thinking D? Forward prospects thin out after 1st round

Old
02-12-2013, 05:41 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Sure hope u are right with no 1st rder sure would be nice to hit a homerun

with a 2nd rder which will be Sarnia"s pick acquired from Niagara by way of Erie

in the Wigle trade

Old
02-12-2013, 08:57 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Sure hope u are right with no 1st rder sure would be nice to hit a homerun

with a 2nd rder which will be Sarnia"s pick acquired from Niagara by way of Erie

in the Wigle trade
I just checked and I didnt realize they dont have there own 2nd rounder this year. Was that traded away or part of the punishment they recieved for past issues? Next year I believe they have 3 second rounders(NIA, SAG, LDN) and there own 1st. That can turn there team around, if its struggling at that point. They should have no issue getting a roster player in the late second this year. In the early 3rd they can find someone to crack the team as well.

Old
02-12-2013, 10:18 PM
Hockeyplayer9723

Who in the 3rd round do you think could crack the windsor roster?

Old
02-12-2013, 11:36 PM
nickels

Quote:
I just checked and I didnt realize they dont have there own 2nd rounder this year. Was that traded away or part of the punishment they recieved for past issues? Next year I believe they have 3 second rounders(NIA, SAG, LDN) and there own 1st. That can turn there team around, if its struggling at that point. They should have no issue getting a roster player in the late second this year. In the early 3rd they can find someone to crack the team as well.
They traded this years 2nd rd part of the Bateman trade with Niagara 2 years ago

Old
02-13-2013, 12:30 PM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

Caught the Elgin-Middlesex Chiefs 9-3 stomping of Kitchener Jr Rangers Monday night to advance to the Alliance Championship

I have caught a lot of viewings of the Alliance teams and several GTHL teams as well back before Christmas, and I was extremely impressed with several players' progression.

Konecny was good as expected but Lawson Crouse (who I really liked all season) looks every bit an OHL star in the making. Great size, good hands in tight and has he ever improved his shot. Big jump in his game.

Josh Coyle is another player that has elevated parts of his game. He has tremendous vision but lacked the confidence before Christmas. If he ever gains the confidence in his own skill then watch out. He is playing MUCH more aggressive and was arguably EMC's best player on Monday.

Not much worth noting on Kitchener Jr. Rangers....M. Black was downright AWFUL in net (a goaltender I previously liked). He had difficulting even the easiest shots on net. The lone bright spot was Nathan Bastian. He was about the only kid that didn't quit and was very tenascious on the puck. It was probably my fifth viewing of the Jr Rangers this season and I have come away disappointed with Nay and Gaboury almost every single time. I see them mentioned among some of the better players in the Alliance but I'm not seeing too much at this point.

Old
02-13-2013, 08:15 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean youngblood82 View Post
Caught the Elgin-Middlesex Chiefs 9-3 stomping of Kitchener Jr Rangers Monday night to advance to the Alliance Championship

I have caught a lot of viewings of the Alliance teams and several GTHL teams as well back before Christmas, and I was extremely impressed with several players' progression.

Konecny was good as expected but Lawson Crouse (who I really liked all season) looks every bit an OHL star in the making. Great size, good hands in tight and has he ever improved his shot. Big jump in his game.

Josh Coyle is another player that has elevated parts of his game. He has tremendous vision but lacked the confidence before Christmas. If he ever gains the confidence in his own skill then watch out. He is playing MUCH more aggressive and was arguably EMC's best player on Monday.

Not much worth noting on Kitchener Jr. Rangers....M. Black was downright AWFUL in net (a goaltender I previously liked). He had difficulting even the easiest shots on net. The lone bright spot was Nathan Bastian. He was about the only kid that didn't quit and was very tenascious on the puck. It was probably my fifth viewing of the Jr Rangers this season and I have come away disappointed with Nay and Gaboury almost every single time. I see them mentioned among some of the better players in the Alliance but I'm not seeing too much at this point.
I think Crouse could really become scary. With his potential Id strongly consider taking him in the 6-10 range for this draft. I think if u look at where Crouse could be in a few years, the potential is incredibly high. The raw ingredients are there, adding 15 pounds to his frame in my view will not slow him down, only make him more effective.

I like Coyle too and Noah Carroll has grown on me in a big way in recent months. I believe Carroll has 2nd round talent. If he slips into the third or beyond its a big steal, i strongly believe this.

Drew Worrad is another player that has grown on me. Good man for the draws among other things. Is Konecny playing wing full time now? Worrad has centered him several times for the duration of games. Konecny will be a winger in the Ohl.

Last edited by mapleleaf979: 02-13-2013 at 08:23 PM.
Old
02-13-2013, 09:05 PM
JansenHockey

I am looking for some feedback on the SCTA picks. I have my list of top five forwards, defence, and goaltenders from the league. Has anyone been out to enough games to provide some good feedback and maybe even a few sleepers.

Old
02-14-2013, 08:57 AM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

Quote:
I think Crouse could really become scary. With his potential Id strongly consider taking him in the 6-10 range for this draft. I think if u look at where Crouse could be in a few years, the potential is incredibly high. The raw ingredients are there, adding 15 pounds to his frame in my view will not slow him down, only make him more effective.

I like Coyle too and Noah Carroll has grown on me in a big way in recent months. I believe Carroll has 2nd round talent. If he slips into the third or beyond its a big steal, i strongly believe this.

Drew Worrad is another player that has grown on me. Good man for the draws among other things. Is Konecny playing wing full time now? Worrad has centered him several times for the duration of games. Konecny will be a winger in the Ohl.

I couldn't agree more. While Konecny has been good I think Crouse could develop into a great player with his size and skill. He's improving every game. I would also not be surprised to see him taken higher than most have him ranked.

Konecny was playing center for the majority of the game on Monday but I could see him being a more effective winger at the next level.

Old
02-14-2013, 12:35 PM
mapleleaf979

One thing that bothers me about Konecny are his elbows. They are usually high and used as a battering ram of sorts when he checks to gain an advantage. Its quite irritating at times and he isnt called for it alot. Im surprised he hasnt caused brawls. He should work on that ASAP, the big boys in the OHL will want to fight him for this and Konecny doesnt want that kind of attention. His emotions are his best and worst asset at times. At times u can see his frustration out there.

Old
02-14-2013, 04:13 PM
Needforspeed182

Quote:
Originally Posted by JansenHockey View Post
I am looking for some feedback on the SCTA picks. I have my list of top five forwards, defence, and goaltenders from the league. Has anyone been out to enough games to provide some good feedback and maybe even a few sleepers.
I will apologize now for my bias comments, having said that i may not be able to provide to much in depth scouting. I have seen a handful of games involving STA I have been impressed with forwards Davies and Baird for different reasons, Davies is a gifted offensive player and Baird is a big tough kid that can skate. I have also been impressed with defenceman Walters, very rarely does he lose a battle down low. I have seen Oakville on a few occasions and two players stand out, Spencer and MacKenzie. The goaltender from St.Catharines, Bowman is very good. That's my input JensenHockey would you be willing to share your list.

Last edited by Needforspeed182: 02-14-2013 at 04:26 PM.
Old
02-14-2013, 04:33 PM
herbst20

I have heard from a good source that Luke Kirwan is going NTDP.

Old
02-14-2013, 05:22 PM
checkmate3

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbst20 View Post
I have heard from a good source that Luke Kirwan is going NTDP.
This is true, as well as Yan; Werenski; Greenway and Warren. Said this same thing a while ago.

Old
02-14-2013, 09:18 PM
doogie24

Thinking about going to the Friday of OHL Cup.

I cant find game times from last year. Does anyone know how late they went into the evening? I see 12 games were played on that day last year.

Old
02-14-2013, 11:54 PM
BigBuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by doogie24 View Post
Thinking about going to the Friday of OHL Cup.

I cant find game times from last year. Does anyone know how late they went into the evening? I see 12 games were played on that day last year.
It looks like The Bellville Bulls are at the Steelheads on Friday the 15th at 7:30, I would think the games should be wrapped up by 6:45 or 7:00 at the latest.

Old
02-15-2013, 12:02 AM
doogie24

^makes sense. thanks.

Old
02-15-2013, 12:05 AM
Tigers1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmate3 View Post
This is true, as well as Yan; Werenski; Greenway and Warren. Said this same thing a while ago.
To bad they haven't accepted yet .

I'd expect Warren will sign soon, the others? Well see...

Herbst is right, Kirwan is out of the OHL Cup, he's signed with the US-NDTP

Last edited by Tigers1992: 02-15-2013 at 12:17 AM.
Old
02-15-2013, 12:08 AM
Tigers1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by doogie24 View Post
^makes sense. thanks.
Schedules for Friday are normally 9-3pm

Old
02-15-2013, 08:44 AM
wingman22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers1992 View Post
To bad they haven't accepted yet .

I'd expect Warren will sign soon, the others? Well see...

Herbst is right, Kirwan is out of the OHL Cup, he's signed with the US-NDTP
Geez Tiger you agree with Herbst, but have I not been saying that for a month ?

Closed Thread