HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Two Things I've Never Heard Before ...

Old
03-26-2013, 09:36 PM
WalkerBabe

vCash: 500
Two Things I've Never Heard Before ...

Tonight at the game, I heard A LOT of people boo the 'Canes at one time ... Only happened once, but it took me by surprise. Then a big group were clearly chanting, "We want a refund!" OUCH!!! This was unusual for the 'Canes at PNC in my opinion.

WalkerBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 09:37 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
Trick Daddy

vCash: 2498
With this roster, with a 6 game losing streak and these showings, they deserve every bit of it.

DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 09:41 PM
HisIceness
Michal Jordan

It's happened before when the team plays like **** amid a losing streak.

Game against San Jose during the 14 game losing skid fans were booing quite loudly. Some even came to the game with paper bags on their heads.

HisIceness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 09:41 PM
Novacane
My Hero

Good. Our crowd needs to develop a "mean streak". Tired of the rainbows and sunshine I hear in the stands during a multi-goal disadvantage.

Novacane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 09:42 PM
Finlandia WOAT
Do U Like Quebec?

I was booing them. They deserved it.

I have never been that pissed at a hockey game.

Finlandia WOAT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 09:54 PM
WalkerBabe

I'm not criticizing the fans ... just saying I'd never heard it like that at any game I've been to before. I'm not one to boo ... but I will stop buying tickets if they can't play with more energy than that. I don't see the playoffs in sight anymore ...

Old
03-27-2013, 01:03 AM
Brock Anton
Deal with it.

They were being nice it seems....

Brock Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 08:21 AM
Mr America

I could barely hear the booing on TV, so they weren't doing it loud enough.

This team has some serious issue.

Mr America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 08:27 AM
StormCast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr America View Post

Overall it was a pretty lethargic crowd, imo. I'd expect a bag skate at the next Fan Fest.

StormCast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 09:31 AM
Citizen Cane
Honoring AAC/11th AF

I heard it too. Sounded like it might have been down around the 120 area ? We were in 117 down low last night, not our usual seats, and I think the crowd was ready to be charged up and get into it - and then the lackluster game (we can debate the reasons) took all the air out of the building. I know I was ready for a playoff-type game. Folks were very disappointed.

Citizen Cane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 09:56 AM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

It was one of the angrier crowds I can remember up in the cheap seats. People were being pretty vocal about their disgust, not just booing but actually yelling out at the players. And who could blame them? The team played like crap in a huge game, got run out of the building and probably lost the division. In some NHL cities we would have seen people throwing debris on the ice after a performance like that.

tarheelhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 10:22 AM
rocky7
Run 'n' Gun

vCash: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr America View Post

Yes this team obviously has multiple issues and yes they can be debated. If a fan base wants change more that booing has to take place. As long as people go and otherwise support the team as is, little will change. Furthermore, this is not solely on the players. I said it before and got jumped on but I don't care about that. Clearly there are deeper dysfunctional dynamics here.
There is much to examine but it starts with the coaching and actually for the first time in last night's GDT there were some peeps about Muller. Either he and his staff figure out what's wrong or they go. If not, don't expect anything different.

rocky7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 11:04 AM
AD Skinner

Ray Whitney, in an interview linked on Puck Daddy a few days ago, said something about "culture of winning" in different NHL cities he's played in. He said having that mindset that losing is unacceptable is not always present; I couldn't help but wonder which cities he was talking about.

AD Skinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 12:05 PM
Oogie Boogie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mint Babchuk Crunch View Post
Ray Whitney, in an interview linked on Puck Daddy a few days ago, said something about "culture of winning" in different NHL cities he's played in. He said having that mindset that losing is unacceptable is not always present; I couldn't help but wonder which cities he was talking about.
One can only imagine

Oogie Boogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 12:06 PM
Finlandia WOAT
Do U Like Quebec?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mint Babchuk Crunch View Post
We're a country club atmosphere.

It has its benefits as well though. You think Semin would have signed an extension if we weren't so low key?

Finlandia WOAT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 12:22 PM
PaulProteus
****ing amaxing dman

I had to pick up a couple of tickets for visiting family in April, so I timed my trip to PNC with today's skate.

After the skate and after buying the tickets I stopped in the Eye. The guy who manages the place (he looks like Mark McGwire, IMO) was talking to another person who works there.

He said after the game last night a guy walked up in a Westgarth sweater and said, "Do y'all refund sweaters after a game that bad?" (True fact: they have a rack of Westgarth sweaters. I don't go in there much but was stunned nonetheless. Do people wear those un-ironically?)

He thought the guy was joking until he actually physically took the sweater off. What brought up that anectdote was the person he was telling the story to just got off the phone with a fan who wanted to return his sweater. She asked if it still had the tags on, and he said no, he'd worn it to two or three games.

I'm not much of a boo-bird, but I'm not exactly the outsized cheerleader either. I don't get terribly ecstatic or terribly depressed at games. I'm more of a keep quiet and concentrate type. But they deserved every boo they heard last night. Probably should have let a few boos fly myself.

PaulProteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 11:37 AM
WalkerBabe

I have tickets for the Washington game Tuesday night. If we lose the next two before then, I hate to think of what the team might hear on that occasion if we lose to the Caps, playing badly. I still won't boo them ... I don't do that, and I don't walk out early. But ... I guess I understand those who do. At the end of the game last night, I understood why Elvis shot his TV!

Old
03-29-2013, 03:09 PM
Bongo

These kind of threads always amuse me. If it's proper to cheer a good play, it's just as alright to boo a weak effort. Trust me, staying home isn't the answer.

Bongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 10:23 PM
sticknpuck

I heard the booing as I left the game after the final goal against. That was the first time I've ever left a game early, I was very upset.

sticknpuck is offline   Reply With Quote