HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Referee ?, if you accidentally call or forget the # of who the penalty is on and....

Old
01-14-2013, 05:12 PM
beenhereandthere

vCash: 500
Referee ?, if you accidentally call or forget the # of who the penalty is on and....

the team is coy and or refuses to point out who committed it, can you hand out a bench minor for delay of game in lieu or in addition to the penalty that you believe you called the penalty on?
Happened to someone who refd last night, he just threatened to put the Team Captain in the box, before, the team finally fessed up and put the right guy in there.
Even though, of course, the official, put himself in the position by losing track of the penalized player, what's the right thing to do in this situation, at least legally?

beenhereandthere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 06:18 PM
heusy_79
9 - 20 - 8

The ref handled the situation properly. It happens more frequently than you think and can be an easy mistake to make in a scrambled situation. If he or she can't identify who the offending player is ( and this goes for situations where the penalty happened from the bench as well), the ref will approach the coach or captain and ask them to identify the player. If the offending team does not cooperate, the referee may select the captain to serve.

heusy_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 08:38 PM
Propane Nightmares
TIA bro

Give me the player who did it or I take your best player

Captain is more than willing to cooperate when you say that

- ixcuincle
Propane Nightmares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 09:38 AM
mbhhofr

Whenever I lost the penalized player, I would tell the Capt. to get him or he, the Capt., would serve the penalty. It worked every time.

mbhhofr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 09:52 AM
Beville
#ForTheBoys

I sort of guess and go for whoever was near if I lose track..

But saying that, approaching the captain seems like the best thing I can do haha...

Beville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 10:49 PM
alcoraces

I only had to do it once. Comment from the bench worthy of a 10. Not sure who said it so I asked the team and they giggled and refused. I took their best player. Nice guy too, I almost felt bad about it.

Never happened again. Definitely the right thing to do, and it has happened at the highest of levels from time to time.

alcoraces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 01:56 AM
TheStinger
Non Omnis Moriar

I remember last season the Devils pulling the old switcheroo and Sykora went to the box instead of Elias and it was never picked up by the officials and was made worse when Elias scored a SHer while he was supposed to be in the box. It didn't make any difference as Pittsburgh scored a few more and won, but it was pretty embarrassing for the officials.

TheStinger is offline   Reply With Quote