HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

Goalie Handcuffs

Old
01-17-2013, 08:39 PM
TootooTrain
-

vCash: 500
Goalie Handcuffs

With a shortened, condensed season, backups will most definitely see more time in net atleast in most cases. If you're in a H2H league this is especially important with so many games in a given week. I have a question of my own but feel free to use this thread to ask your own questions about starters and their respective backups/timeshares.

In one league (usual goalie stats), I've got Niemi, Reimer and Hedberg. I'm not comfortable at all with my setup and wondering which is the best way to go. There's a max of 3 goalies allowed per roster fyi. Niemi has health concerns, and the Toronto situation is obviously shakey although Reimer will most certainly be getting the majority of starts.

Should I drop Hedberg (who is probably the best "backup" in terms of fantasy relevancy) for Scrivens or Griess for the handcuff?

Cheers.

TootooTrain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 03:24 PM
7even
Go on, do your duty

Things are too up in the air at this point; I think I'd wait a few games and reevaluate then. I'm not particularly confident in the Devils this year, so Hedberg might be the guy to drop, but I'm even less confident in the Leafs, so I'd probably stay away from Scrivens. Has Vokoun been claimed? He's a FA in both my leagues, and he's looking at getting quite a few starts behind what should be a strong Penguins squad.

7even is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 09:55 PM
TootooTrain
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7even View Post
Things are too up in the air at this point; I think I'd wait a few games and reevaluate then. I'm not particularly confident in the Devils this year, so Hedberg might be the guy to drop, but I'm even less confident in the Leafs, so I'd probably stay away from Scrivens. Has Vokoun been claimed? He's a FA in both my leagues, and he's looking at getting quite a few starts behind what should be a strong Penguins squad.
Vokoun was actually drafted in this league. Goaltending is highly coveted. Which is why I'm making, what most would think, a miniscule decision.

The backups available are the likes of: Harding(injured), Bernier, Scrivens, Griess, etc, etc. Nothing really that jumps out at you.

TootooTrain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 10:06 PM
7even
Go on, do your duty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlong View Post
Vokoun was actually drafted in this league. Goaltending is highly coveted. Which is why I'm making, what most would think, a miniscule decision.

The backups available are the likes of: Harding(injured), Bernier, Scrivens, Griess, etc, etc. Nothing really that jumps out at you.
Gotcha, gotcha. Harding's really the best choice on that list, but obviously that's a no-go.

Bernier I do not like at all. He was really not good at all last season and I'm questioning his mental fortitude given that he's publicly admitted that he's asked for a trade. Given, he DID say this is the most passionate he's felt in a while, so there's that.

Scrivens was arguably the best goalie in the AHL last year, but hasn't played well for the Marlies this year. Carlyle's liked him enough in camp to give him the start tomorrow, so I guess that counts for something.

Greiss is probably your best option, and the guy I would take. .915% in limited games last year and similar numbers the year before. Should obviously get more starts this year, and if the Sharks bounce back, he could net you some solid W's.

Really though, I think it's just going to be a gut call what with 0 games played. Good luck

7even is offline   Reply With Quote