HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

TSN Preview

Old
01-18-2013, 09:50 AM
Scottkmlps

vCash: 500
Mike Keenan, on Sportsnets season preview show last night, picked the Kings and Pens in the finals with the Kings repeating.

Scottkmlps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 10:32 AM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

I can't wait for the Kings to repeat and listen/read a bunch of whiners blaming it on the shortened season. That's right folks.. the Kings are going to win the Stanley cup again. I'm getting my outfit for the parade ready as we speak.

I think it would be cool to see the Kings and Ducks play in the playoffs so I'll root for that match up. The Ducks have a pretty crappy defense though.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 10:33 AM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

I am happy to have our whole team back and the chemistry it brings this season. The time off with the lock out helps too, but I think this is going to be a crazy season. I'm with coach, just make sure we get in the playoffs and go from there.

Knight of the Realm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 10:41 AM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

BTW.. not sure why Mike Milbury gets so much hate. I know he says some contraversial stuff and some of it is borderline stupid but he always gives his honest opinion and quite frankly, I think he is on the money about a lot of things. Especially his pick for the 2013 Stanley Cup champion! There is nothing better than when him and Pierre Maguire bicker like a couple of school girls. Milbury looks like he is ready to pound in Pierre's shiny head sometimes.

Old
01-18-2013, 11:09 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
I can't wait for the Kings to repeat and listen/read a bunch of whiners blaming it on the shortened season. That's right folks.. the Kings are going to win the Stanley cup again. I'm getting my outfit for the parade ready as we speak.
Yup.

Last season's historic run was "fluke" and this championship will not be valid because of the shortened season.

Don't see anyone saying that now...right? Because EVERY team is playing a shortened season. :|

01-18-2013, 11:19 AM
BigBrown
They did it again!

Ugh, this sense of optimism is filling me with pessimism! I don't think my body is ready to handle being a cup favorite yet, our rise to excellence was too sudden

BigBrown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 11:19 AM
onlyalad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post

I think it would be cool to see the Kings and Ducks play in the playoffs so I'll root for that match up. The Ducks have a pretty crappy defense though.
Have both teams ever made the playoffs in the same year? I dont remember it happening. Kings vs Ducks would be great for SoCal. It might even make the news. It would be bad for me becuase of the Duck Loving Wife. Not going to happen this year. I expect the Ducks to finish near the bottom this year. However with the short season anything could happen

onlyalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 11:34 AM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyalad View Post
Have both teams ever made the playoffs in the same year? I dont remember it happening. Kings vs Ducks would be great for SoCal. It might even make the news. It would be bad for me becuase of the Duck Loving Wife. Not going to happen this year. I expect the Ducks to finish near the bottom this year. However with the short season anything could happen
2010-2011 playoffs was the only year.

Scottkmlps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 11:41 AM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
I hate the Blues. I went to game 2 of the series last year and never have I seen such whining and excuses from a fanbase. Was so great when the Kings just beat the crap out of them that night.
You need to read NHL talk, the Blues fans on there will make your sides hurt from laughing.

One of the great quotes was that the series was really close and the Blues were in every game.

A section of that fan base is comical

Last edited by Gentle Ben Kenobi: 01-18-2013 at 12:16 PM.
Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 01:07 PM
Whiskeypete

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dingo View Post
You need to read NHL talk, the Blues fans on there will make your sides hurt from laughing.

One of the great quotes was that the series was really close and the Blues were in every game.

i was reading through that yesterday and laughing. that was the ONE series that i felt was 1 and done. LA just run through them, over them and around them. the other series were close or tight, but not the STL series. they absolutely came unglued.

it will be interesting to see what happens when LA plays in STl on Feb 11. see if they try and extract some pay back for the hit on Peter

Whiskeypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 01:33 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dingo View Post

The first 5-10mins of game 1 was the Blues best play during the series. After that, the scores were close but the Kings were on. The only teams that the Kings had some tense moments with were Vancouver and New Jersey.

Old
01-18-2013, 03:45 PM
DeeMeck

vCash: 50
I know I am in the minority...but I am just not sold on St. Louis.

People tout their system similar to the Kings and all, but in my eyes, Elliott and Halak turned in one of the greatest goaltending seasons of all time.

The Blues actual defenseman top to bottom are not top 10 in the league, and most of their forwards are 2-way forwards who get back and clog the middle. Backes, Oshie, and Berglund are all skilled players...but I don't even see how their top 9 forwards are top 10 in the league either.

Elliott crapped the bed against the Kings and the Blues were exposed.

They don't have alot of comeback ability when their team gets behind like the Kings do. They just don't have enough skill up front, and they have to play way outside their system when they are behind.

I just don't see Halak and Elliott duplicating their great performances. 14 shut-outs is insane and they played with a lead alot. When they don't have a lead they are a slightly above average team and the Kings exposed this in the playoffs.

Halak and Elliott will come back to Earth this year, and so will the Blues.

DeeMeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 06:30 PM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
Man they had a new excuse every game.
They rode that "If we had Petro the entire series..." right through game 4.He missed I think one game, and he was torched for more than a few goals after he returned.

Last edited by kingsfan28: 01-18-2013 at 06:53 PM.
kingsfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote