HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Sam Gagner vs Kyle Turris

View Poll Results: Who will have a better season?
Sam Gagner 239 48.19%
Kyle Turris 257 51.81%
Voters: 496. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
01-19-2013, 06:03 PM
Eskimo44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeck5 View Post
I don't see anything wrong with what's going on. That's why i'm not doing anything about it. Not because i'm a defeatist. Sorry bud. But great story.
Are you that confused? I didn't realize you were giving your advice to yourself.

Old
01-19-2013, 06:12 PM
Eskimo44

Quote:
Originally Posted by xking23 View Post
Okay first off, actually surprised my post got so many critics. Makes me realize that sticking a is very important otherwise people think bringing up playoff games and points is a legitimate point.

Okay so, to everyone. Read the last sentence, actually what I think.

Read the first few pages, read the first post (initial opinion post) of each fan groups people. It does (except for a few) consist of the Oiler fans that posted saying "Turris is bad and Gagner is better (or Gagner AINEC [And It's Not Even Close])" the exceptions being, with Gagner's line mates he can have a giant year.

Ottawa fans are saying "I like Turris more, Gagner has a better record though, but I think Turris can improve to be better this season", the exception being Mandyknowsall.

In fact here are some of the posts im talking about

Edmonton fan responses

Notice a trend in them. They are all talking more about Turris than Gagner. And yes there are good ones from less annoying fans. But those aren't the ones I'm talking about. Edmonton fans (all those quoted I am 99% sure they are Oiler fans) are talking more about the player they do not see regularly than the one they do. You want to vote for Gagner talk about him and his positives instead of anothers negitives.

Now the sens fans.

See something here. They are all why Turris is better, instead of why Gagner is worse. Even if an Oiler fan says "Gagner is better offensively, defensively and looks better" that sounds much more respectful and dignified than "Turris sucks offensively, can't play D and looks like a disfigured gorilla after being run over by a train."

You see the difference. No not every Oiler fan is of the "hate turris" bandwagon. And not every Sens fan is of the "class and maturity" but god damn it, it seems like more sens fans are talking about the player they see than the Oilers who are trashing the player they don't.

And no this isn't every response, because there is a thread for rereading old responses. But it seems to me that in their first posts (which is what I tried to get, 1 post from each fan on the first 2 pages) the Oilers spend more time talking about Turris' weaknesses than Gagner's strengths while Sens fans talking about Turris and pretty much only Turris.

Now this is probably going to be taken out of context and read in the wrong tone. So I don't know why I am doing this...

OH and Turris scored so NANNYNANNYBOOBOO WE WIN LOLOLOL (if you need this than I actually feel bad for you)
Is this for real? This is hilarious. You cherry picked parts of comments (and didn't attribute them) and then say all the posts claim only things about how Turris sucks. Are you kidding me? What about my post, which you are oddly responding to with this nonsense, was only based on bashing Turris. Not to mention many of those quotes were valid, like the last two of the initial run. Then you even more hilariously cherry pick posts to make Sens fans look objective, as if both teams don't have good and bad posters. It's so ridiculous. I love how you ignored all the rebuttals i gave to the Turris>Gagner argument you had only to focus on one part of my argument, the part that has nothing to do with Turris.

Old
01-19-2013, 06:55 PM
Cam98

2013 point totals

Turris 1
Gagner 0

Turris AINEC

Old
01-19-2013, 07:10 PM
Hardyvan123
tweet@HardyintheWack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikKarlsson View Post
Turris, not biased at all.
Hey you forgot the 3:03 SH time, did the sens really play with only 5 D today? that's not going to last well.

Took Turris, his development was stalled a little bit and other forwards are going to get points for the Oilers this year.

Horcroff is still the man used in tough situations and is under appreciated but I guess he has 5.5 million reasons not to care.

I wonder if Horcroff gets bought out and if Gagner is back with the Oilers next year.

2 big questions for the Oilers.

Turris is the best bet for more points and will win by 5 in the shortened season IMO.

Old
01-19-2013, 07:10 PM
The Waffler
Can wipe my own ass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam98 View Post
2013 point totals

Turris 1
Gagner 0

Turris AINEC
Stats don't lie.

Old
01-19-2013, 08:02 PM
Puritania
5-14-6-1

vCash: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo44 View Post
Is this for real? This is hilarious. You cherry picked parts of comments (and didn't attribute them) and then say all the posts claim only things about how Turris sucks. Are you kidding me? What about my post, which you are oddly responding to with this nonsense, was only based on bashing Turris. Not to mention many of those quotes were valid, like the last two of the initial run. Then you even more hilariously cherry pick posts to make Sens fans look objective, as if both teams don't have good and bad posters. It's so ridiculous. I love how you ignored all the rebuttals i gave to the Turris>Gagner argument you had only to focus on one part of my argument, the part that has nothing to do with Turris.
Yup, that poster has nothing honest to contribute, and is making it abundantly clear. If I dig up the 15 other Gagner/Turris threads am I going to find a squeeky clean fanbase? I don't think so.

Last edited by Puritania: 01-19-2013 at 08:14 PM.
Old
01-19-2013, 09:42 PM
Confound
-Vindicated-

Turris, close though.

Old
01-19-2013, 11:42 PM
Samsquanch
Creep

vCash: 1300
With Turris in his new situation (ie Ottawa's second line, playing with actual talent) I would be shocked if Gagner came close to his production.

This isnt a knock against Gagner, its just how talented I think Turris actually is. With the added bulk he's put on this past year, he already looks like a completely different player than the one we saw on the Coyotes.

Quite a few people think Turris could be a 60-70pt guy someday, while I dont think anyone (aside from edmonton residents) thinks that Gagner will ever get there.

Old
01-19-2013, 11:54 PM
ErikKarlsson
The Best (per IOC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samsquanch View Post
With Turris in his new situation (ie Ottawa's second line, playing with actual talent) I would be shocked if Gagner came close to his production.

This isnt a knock against Gagner, its just how talented I think Turris actually is. With the added bulk he's put on this past year, he already looks like a completely different player than the one we saw on the Coyotes.

Quite a few people think Turris could be a 60-70pt guy someday, while I dont think anyone (aside from edmonton residents) thinks that Gagner will ever get there.
I don't think its too far fetched to say that Gagner could put up 60 points or more in a career year. I just think Turris is going to be the better overall player. Similar offensive production while Turris being better defensively.

Also in regards to the comments earlier in the thread on why Turris doesn't play PK if he is good defensively, well he played 3:25 SH/TOI tonight, remains to be seen if he will continue to be used on the PK this year but he handled it well and was not on the ice for the lone PP goal against.

Old
01-20-2013, 01:05 AM
TheOriginalSilf*
@real_saundies

Turris on pace for 48 points. Looks like I may have under-evaluated his game.

Guess you were right Oilers' fans: I was wrong.

Old
01-20-2013, 01:10 AM
Novak Djokovic
MARC METHOT's #1 FAN

Quote:

Gagner is actually in a pretty good spot too (if not better), in terms of linemates.

Old
01-20-2013, 03:14 PM
Micklebot

Quote:

These two sentences don't really go together. Gagner has been on pace for 50 the last 3 seasons. If Turris only has some people thinking he could someday be a 60-70 pts guy, I can't see you thinking he's much more than a 50-60 pts guy right now. So how again is it that you would be shocked if they were close?

That said, I think Turris will be the better player this season, as a lot has changed since his time in Phoenix to improve his chances (linemates, got bigger/stronger, more offensive system, developed into a good 2 way player)

Last edited by Micklebot: 01-20-2013 at 03:27 PM.
Old
01-20-2013, 03:20 PM
JustOneB4IDie
Everyone Overpayment

Turris.

Old
01-20-2013, 03:55 PM
MastuhNinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilfverBullet View Post
Turris on pace for 48 points. Looks like I may have under-evaluated his game.

Guess you were right Oilers' fans: I was wrong.

Psh, Gagner hit 49 points in his rookie season. Gagner AINEC.

Old
01-21-2013, 09:43 PM
Inf4mous0ne

2 goals for the Turret today 3 goals in 2 games

Old
01-21-2013, 09:45 PM
Senor Catface

vCash: 1937
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensPromo View Post
2 goals for the Turret today 3 goals in 2 games
He only needs 43 more to catch up!!

Old
01-21-2013, 10:00 PM
LAX attack*

Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
I gotta say, based on viewings, I think Turris is substantially better than Gagner. The reason - he's a significantly better skater

Old
01-21-2013, 10:15 PM
Kezia
Benny

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by President Van Buren View Post
You mean Gagner needs 2 points to catch up.

Old
01-21-2013, 10:50 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Let's Win It All

Quote:
Gagner needs 1 more to catch up to Peter Prucha!!!

This is so exciting!

Old
01-21-2013, 11:13 PM
Samsquanch
Creep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micklebot View Post
These two sentences don't really go together. Gagner has been on pace for 50 the last 3 seasons. If Turris only has some people thinking he could someday be a 60-70 pts guy, I can't see you thinking he's much more than a 50-60 pts guy right now. So how again is it that you would be shocked if they were close?

That said, I think Turris will be the better player this season, as a lot has changed since his time in Phoenix to improve his chances (linemates, got bigger/stronger, more offensive system, developed into a good 2 way player)
I think Turris is going to be much better, basically in a different category of player. Skating, shot, hockey sense, they're all at a higher level. While Gagner might come close in terms of point production, he's basically a glorified Kyle Wellwood (I kid I take wellwood any day )

Turris can be an impact guy, a bankable #1b/2 Center. I know Im glad as hell there are zero question marks whatsoever regarding who Ottawa's number two is. And most of us would agree its absolutely comforting to know its finally (im looking at you Mike Fisher) in good hands.

Are Edmonton fans as comfortable with Gagner as we are Turris??? (serious question)

Last edited by Samsquanch: 01-22-2013 at 10:17 AM.
Old
01-22-2013, 01:19 AM
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
For wanting to get rid of Gagner is every trade proposal, Oil fans are sure defensive about him.

As for the poll, its close. Edge to Turris for his 2 way game.

http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_stati...34+45+46+63+67
Ya, his 6 seconds of PK time a game is what clearly makes him the better two way player

Old
01-22-2013, 01:38 AM
MrCraigAnderson
#rooster #classless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
Ya, his 6 seconds of PK time a game is what clearly makes him the better two way player
So far this season he has played 2:37 a game on the pk. Ranked third among forwards on the team. Which is more than the 2:16 of pp time a game he has recieved. It is very early and those numbers will change. But it's very clear that early MacLean is giving Turris the chance to play a very important role on this team and with his strong two way play he has capitalized. Again very early but I am excited to see if it continues.

Old
01-22-2013, 01:48 AM
Senor Catface

vCash: 1937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
You mean Gagner needs 2 points to catch up.
I was pulling the ***** tail. I wasn't serious. I'm amazed though. When I started on HFboards, the first few years I always thought Oiler fans were the WORST at overrating their players and prospects. Then I saw the magic of the Sens fans. You surprise us all!

Old
01-22-2013, 08:30 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
I was pulling the ***** tail. I wasn't serious. I'm amazed though. When I started on HFboards, the first few years I always thought Oiler fans were the WORST at overrating their players and prospects. Then I saw the magic of the Sens fans. You surprise us all!
Sens fans: Karlsson's gonna be amazing.

Karlsson becomes amazing.

Old
01-22-2013, 09:06 AM
Milan the God*
king karlsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
Sens fans: Karlsson's gonna be amazing.

Karlsson becomes amazing.
Can't wait til' the next Karlsson discussion thread where we can knock "doesn't PK" off the list just like we did with bad +/-.

Anyways, Turris for sure. Don't see much in Gagner. He's had one good game in his career.

Closed Thread