HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 New Jersey Devils (Team News, Player Discussion - Part III)

Closed Thread

Old
01-18-2013, 08:57 PM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
Our coach isn't the issue here, it's the Gm. Moving a d-men was and still is a no brainer, period. Larsson is stuck in a ******** position because healthy scratching a guy that's earning 3M$ per would look bad, real bad.

Lou's the one that should take the heat, not PD.
There's still time to make said move. Chances are, before the team moves anybody, they're going to have get a couple of games under their belt to show what they've got.

A move will be made, it's just a matter of when.

Old
01-18-2013, 09:00 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUnseenHand View Post
This is pretty much the only problem I have with Pete. Its a major one too. Larsson should be playing. He should have been playing all the way through the playoffs. He should play every game this season. No way he should be in Albany.
I'm sorry, but you play who gives you the best chance to win, especially in a shortened season. Last playoffs, Harrold was playing so well it gave us the best chance to win. DeBoer never hesitated to put in Larsson either, when he felt was right, probably for some systematic reason.

If DeBoer feels that Harrold's puck-moving is vital enough for him to play over Tallinder and/or Larsson, I'm sure he is a very solid reason for that. DeBoer is a very, very good and smart coach, he's not just benching Tallinder or Larsson for the hell of it. There's definitely some reason behind it.

It's not like Larsson's not going to play a game either. It could be for match-up purposes, it could be for how they plan to play the Isles, who knows.

Old
01-18-2013, 09:07 PM
VaxjoDevil

They tried the approach to use the NHL as a development camp for Larsson last season in the beginning. It was not a success. I don't get why he should have a spot over someone who deserves it more. If he deserves it, he plays, if not, he shouldn't.

That said, I think the Tally - Larsson pairing in the scrimmage looks really good. Sweet passing on the PP up to Matteau's goal.

Old
01-18-2013, 09:07 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by manilaNJ View Post
There's still time to make said move. Chances are, before the team moves anybody, they're going to have get a couple of games under their belt to show what they've got.

You don't need to showcase veterans and it's clear that if someone is moved, it won't be Larsson. When someone like Wade Redden finds a taker, you know the market is pretty thin, thus making our hand even better IMO.

Starting the year without having question marks regarding our roster would've been nice for a change.

Old
01-18-2013, 09:09 PM
njdevilsownnhl*

Send a message via AIM to njdevilsownnhl*
We need Henrique back desperately.

Old
01-18-2013, 09:10 PM
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch

And PDB trusts Volch. I don't get the myth that he doesn't. Sal - Volch was great during the end of games trying to protect a lead.

Old
01-18-2013, 09:11 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevilsownnhl View Post
We need Henrique back desperately.
Another Forward will be injured right as we get him back

My money would be on Josefson if he isnt already dead

Old
01-18-2013, 09:15 PM
Bleedred
Bring back Sallinder

I could definitely see Josefson not playing tomorrow night. It's a big possibility. We hear a lot of things like ''Oh he's not injured, yeah he'll play tonight'' how many times have we heard this, and saw something different?

I'm not saying Josefson will be on injured reserve, or be out for a long time. Just saying I can see him scratched tomorrow night.

Old
01-18-2013, 09:15 PM
Zippy316

Who Am I?

1. I've played for 7 NHL teams.
2. I am a Stanley Cup champion
3. I was not drafted by the Devils.
4. I was part of the first medal for my country at this hockey event.
5. My career highs in goals and points came in New Jersey.
6. I played with 3 teams in one season at one point in my career.

Old
01-18-2013, 09:30 PM
Devil X

Send a message via AIM to Devil X
I love the wild speculation. I dont recall the Devils mentioning that Larrson would be sitting you guys are just going nuts on information no one has like its confirmed.

Lets all chill out and wait till tomorrow and see what happens then you can all jump down Lou and Pete's throat. The 2 people who managed to get us to the SCF last season.

The other part of this i find funny is half these people are saying that if the staff thinks Matteau is ready then i am fine with him being in. That doesnt go for Larrson also? What if they feel he isnt readjusting to NHL game speed and want him to get a few more practices in? Again all speculation because we have no idea who will be sitting tomorrow until tomorrow night.

Old
01-18-2013, 09:41 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
Who Am I?

Is it Tom Chorske ? I think I remember him being traded twice in i believe the 1996-1997 season.

Old
01-18-2013, 09:42 PM
Bleedred
Bring back Sallinder

Someone dug up a quote from some Swedish news outlet or something earlier. They translated, and Larsson said he would probably sit out of the ''Premier''.

Old
01-18-2013, 09:42 PM
njdevils1982
Chico for HOF!!!

Quote:
Who Am I?

last quiz i guessed guerin and was wrong......going with guerin and am right this time (i think)

edit: ****..... why did i forget he was drafted by jersey ... oilers messed me up.. thought he was picked by them. i keep thinking this has something to do with the oil....arnott?

Old
01-18-2013, 09:43 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevils1982 View Post
last quiz i guessed guerin and was wrong......going with guerin and am right this time (i think)
Cant be. He was drafted by NJ

Old
01-18-2013, 09:50 PM
njdevils1982
Chico for HOF!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Trap View Post
Cant be. He was drafted by NJ

ya got confused between him and arnott as to who was oil drafted

Old
01-18-2013, 09:50 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

vCash: 835
I have to say....I have a man-crush on Pete DeBoer. He's a brilliant tactician and I honestly think he's going to be our coach for a VERY long time. I haven't been this comfortable with a coach since Pat Burns.

The guys just gets it. I'm thrilled to see what he can do with a team that doesn't have to spend 1/3 of the year learning systems.

Old
01-18-2013, 09:56 PM
HenriquesJawLine

I miss Poni

Old
01-18-2013, 09:59 PM
CerebralGenesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
You don't need to showcase veterans and it's clear that if someone is moved, it won't be Larsson. When someone like Wade Redden finds a taker, you know the market is pretty thin, thus making our hand even better IMO.

Starting the year without having question marks regarding our roster would've been nice for a change.
How is that fun? Deadline is like weeks away still.

Old
01-18-2013, 09:59 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Trap View Post
Is it Tom Chorske ? I think I remember him being traded twice in i believe the 1996-1997 season.
Yup

Old
01-18-2013, 10:00 PM
Wingman77
Glory Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
I have to say....I have a man-crush on Pete DeBoer. He's a brilliant tactician and I honestly think he's going to be our coach for a VERY long time. I haven't been this comfortable with a coach since Pat Burns.

The guys just gets it. I'm thrilled to see what he can do with a team that doesn't have to spend 1/3 of the year learning systems.
A player that shall remain mention-less noted of DeBoer last year that after we were up 3-0 in his first trip back to Florida and blew the lead/lost the game, Pete came on the bus afterward and rather than ridicule them for blowing a lead against a team he had a "personal score" with, Pete came on the bus and said something along the lines of 'there are a lot of games left this season, we're going to have games like this, just don't make it a habit' and that player said it was then that he realized that this guy gets it

Pete is more of a players coach than Burns was which is pretty clear and what I like that a lot of players have complimented Pete on is how his door is always open and there aren't any gray areas with him - him and Lou are a great fit together

Old
01-18-2013, 10:01 PM
TheUnseenHand
Hashbrown Selfie

I think Larsson deserves a spot is my point. I think he's better than Harrold or at least as good and is far far more important to the future of this team. I get that Im not the coach and he knows more than me, but I just disagree with him on this one issue. I more or less loved every other move hes made.

I don't think Larsson starting last season ended in failure either. He was extremely solid and gaining confidence until the Subban hit which set him back a bit. He had rookie mistakes but you're going to have to live with them at some point with every player.

Old
01-18-2013, 10:05 PM
Wingman77
Glory Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUnseenHand View Post
I think Larsson deserves a spot is my point. I think he's better than Harrold or at least as good and is far far more important to the future of this team. I get that Im not the coach and he knows more than me, but I just disagree with him on this one issue. I more or less loved every other move hes made.

I don't think Larsson starting last season ended in failure either. He was extremely solid and gaining confidence until the Subban hit which set him back a bit. He had rookie mistakes but you're going to have to live with them at some point with every player.
Larsson's season 'ended' because he went down with an injury, didn't come back strong right away and the guys that filled in for him held the fort down consistently for the rest of the way

A lot forget how huge Larsson was when Kovy sat against Philly and Harrold played win - he was all over not only Giroux, but was playing better than pre-injury Larsson....and who could forget his goal which was a big turning point in our run

Old
01-18-2013, 10:24 PM
NJDevs26
No more status quo?!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by manilaNJ View Post

Part of the problem is the guys we're trying to move - one of them is coming off missing half the season with a blood clot, and the other has a bad contract and a NMC. So we may be stuck with showcasing them for a while, though scratching Tallinder's a funny way to showcase him.

Old
01-18-2013, 10:31 PM
SteveCangialosi123

Quote:
I'm sorry, but you play who gives you the best chance to win, especially in a shortened season. Last playoffs, Harrold was playing so well it gave us the best chance to win. DeBoer never hesitated to put in Larsson either, when he felt was right, probably for some systematic reason.

If DeBoer feels that Harrold's puck-moving is vital enough for him to play over Tallinder and/or Larsson, I'm sure he is a very solid reason for that. DeBoer is a very, very good and smart coach, he's not just benching Tallinder or Larsson for the hell of it. There's definitely some reason behind it.

It's not like Larsson's not going to play a game either. It could be for match-up purposes, it could be for how they plan to play the Isles, who knows.
Pete Harold gives them a better chance to win over Larsson? Harrold most likely wont be making big plays that are gonna win them games. He's a solid number 7. You don't play him over Larsson. Larsson is more than capable of playing on the third pairing. He also has tremendous upside. You harness that, don't bench him for a journeyman. Its not like Harrold is far and away better. He may slightly edge him out now but it's a marginal difference if he even is better. Put the future in

Old
01-18-2013, 10:52 PM
NjDevsRR

I think Tallinder and Harrold will be sitting tomorrow.

Closed Thread