Closed Thread

Old
01-22-2013, 09:17 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
Flying to Wisconsin tomorrow on a 3 night trip for software certification. Already freaking out about it. Hoping to pass out during the ascent and wake up in Cleveland. Not sure how I'm going to drag myself to the connecting flight, hopefully my boss holds true to his word and carries me over his shoulder if needed.
So you're okay with faking a phobia about flying just to get your boss to carry you around like a sack of potatoes???

Old
01-22-2013, 09:39 AM
Ference the Finger
Ference is my binky

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
So you're okay with faking a phobia about flying just to get your boss to carry you around like a sack of potatoes???
Chuck may fake a lot of things, but he's not faking this. Poor guy. At least he doesn't play basketball for a living.

Old
01-22-2013, 10:32 AM
Kovi

....the thunder drowns out what the lightning sees...and you feel like a movie star.....

Old
01-22-2013, 10:38 AM
ksp1957

vCash: 191
Send a message via AIM to ksp1957
I have to vent a little/a lot. The company I mail order my regular prescriptions are a bunch of total a-holes. Due to a prior ulcer and other assorted stomach problems, I'm required to take omaprazole twice a day. The mail order company has given me **** about refilling this order for the better part of a month. My doctor insists all the prior auths are in order, the company says they aren't.

Today I get a message saying an auth still needs to be sent yet the order is due to be sent out a week from today. That ISN'T the Thursday that they promised so I don't know which to be more aggravated about the message or the delay.

Yeah, I know meditation instead of medication, but look up Barrett's Esophagus and you'll see that meditation won't take care of this problem.

I guess the message is that people that work for these companies are either mindlless drones or idiotic fools.

Old
01-22-2013, 10:40 AM
BMC
#BostonStrong

Quote:
Flying to Wisconsin tomorrow on a 3 night trip for software certification. Already freaking out about it. Hoping to pass out during the ascent and wake up in Cleveland. Not sure how I'm going to drag myself to the connecting flight, hopefully my boss holds true to his word and carries me over his shoulder if needed.
My advice to you- start drinking heavily

Old
01-22-2013, 10:41 AM
Kovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksp1957 View Post
I have to vent a little/a lot. The company I mail order my regular prescriptions are a bunch of total a-holes. Due to a prior ulcer and other assorted stomach problems, I'm required to take omaprazole twice a day. The mail order company has given me **** about refilling this order for the better part of a month. My doctor insists all the prior auths are in order, the company says they aren't.

Today I get a message saying an auth still needs to be sent yet the order is due to be sent out a week from today. That ISN'T the Thursday that they promised so I don't know which to be more aggravated about the message or the delay.

Yeah, I know meditation instead of medication, but look up Barrett's Esophagus and you'll see that meditation won't take care of this problem.

I guess the message is that people that work for these companies are either mindlless drones or idiotic fools.

call your primary, get the referral/auth. # give it directly to the co. (shove it in their face)

paperwork gets screwed up all the time--I saw EOBs yesterday that I am going to sit on because I KNOW some schmuck just didnt look at the right paperwork.

billing co, etc have selective vision

Old
01-22-2013, 10:42 AM
ksp1957

Quote:
Congrats on getting Epic certification. You'll never have to worry about getting a job ever ever again.

Old
01-22-2013, 10:43 AM
Ference the Finger
Ference is my binky

Quote:
Congrats on getting Epic certification. You'll never have to worry about getting a job ever ever again.
This is so true. There will always be a need for Epic folks. Especially those with other skills like Chuck.

Old
01-22-2013, 10:47 AM
BMC
#BostonStrong

Quote:

They're both ksp

I have found that most support people aren't the sharpest skates on the ice because a) their employers won't pay for decent client support and b) since they won't they can't attract smart people to work for them. Talent follows the money.

Old
01-22-2013, 10:48 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ference the Finger View Post
Chuck may fake a lot of things, but he's not faking this. Poor guy. At least he doesn't play basketball for a living.
I take it you're the guy who gets to carry him then??

My wife is deathly afraid of flying, so it's a real struggle for her to get on a plane and remain calm.

Old
01-22-2013, 10:52 AM
Ference the Finger
Ference is my binky

Quote:
I take it you're the guy who gets to carry him then??

My wife is deathly afraid of flying, so it's a real struggle for her to get on a plane and remain calm.
NO, but I would if I were going, and I wish I was - I actually enjoy going to training for Epic. I have no fear at all of flying, but I also did it for a living for years.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:47 AM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:

Ever since they merged they have sucked big time. Their auto renewal is more of a pita than it should. I have a month left and they send me another 3 month supply grr.

Don't you love when they give you small pills in a giant bottle?

I am Boston Strong

Old
01-22-2013, 12:13 PM
chuckdobbins

Quote:
Whatever it takes for some play.

Old
01-22-2013, 12:21 PM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Whatever it takes for some play.
There's a man who is willing to go the extra mile, and I applaud it...

Old
01-22-2013, 01:00 PM
ksp1957

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovi View Post
call your primary, get the referral/auth. # give it directly to the co. (shove it in their face)

paperwork gets screwed up all the time--I saw EOBs yesterday that I am going to sit on because I KNOW some schmuck just didnt look at the right paperwork.

billing co, etc have selective vision
I'm a hospital programmer and I work FOR the billing application so I know what hoops to jump through to get this done, Hon. I'm just playing the game to let my doctor know what schmucks we're dealing with. Although the lady I talked to in his office knew already. I'm not the first victim of these bozos.

I wait until Thursday and see if the pills get to me as promised. If not, then I complain to my gastro doc and my PCP AND I open up a complaint with my HR department about this ***head company.

I did that last year with my health insurance who promised on the paperwork that Weight Watchers and a health club were re-imbursable but not in real life. Uh, I got the reimbursement pretty quick after that but it was a one-shot deal. And before Alycat reminds me, yes I know I can use Personal Priorities to get reimbursed for those expenses as well.

Old
01-22-2013, 01:01 PM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

In class so tired and bored
Heard this teacher is hard but a great teacher

Old
01-22-2013, 01:03 PM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

Quote:
Please don't take this the wrong way, you're a good guy and all, and I enjoy some of the videos you put up, but I think you really need to tone down the judgmental elitist schtick when it comes to music. It's really disrespectful at times.
me? never

Old
01-22-2013, 01:04 PM
ksp1957

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsABruin View Post
In class so tired and bored
Heard this teacher is hard but a great teacher
NOW you know the difference between reputation and reality.

Old
01-22-2013, 01:06 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

what a good weekend/past few days...

just gotta figure out how to get rid of all these butterflies

Old
01-22-2013, 01:08 PM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

Quote:
NOW you know the difference between reputation and reality.
Advanced Pro Tools class and from what I hear the teacher was nominated for a grammy.
He just lectures.
And as I'm typing he asked me a question.

Last edited by Bi Coastal Bawse*: 01-22-2013 at 01:16 PM.
Old
01-22-2013, 01:15 PM
ksp1957

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
Ever since they merged they have sucked big time. Their auto renewal is more of a pita than it should. I have a month left and they send me another 3 month supply grr.

Don't you love when they give you small pills in a giant bottle?
I just enjoy the fact that they sent a message indicating an additional authorization was needed, the doc sent it already AND a delivery date was scheduled. Can you say "the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing and the right hand doesn't know what the... oh never mind ?" Sure you can.

Old
01-22-2013, 01:21 PM
CamFan81
Derp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovi View Post
....the thunder drowns out what the lightning sees...and you feel like a movie star.....
aint nothing wrong with a little prince -- I'll admit it

Old
01-22-2013, 01:21 PM
Kovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamFan81 View Post
aint nothing wrong with a little prince -- I'll admit it

I was dancing in my new boots in my kitchen.

oops

Old
01-22-2013, 01:28 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ference the Finger View Post
This is so true. There will always be a need for Epic folks. Especially those with other skills like Chuck.
Sucking the crome off a trailer hitch and then laying back guzzling a beer takes you places in corporate America? (From the Diceman)

Old
01-22-2013, 01:31 PM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

Closed Thread