HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Florida Panthers 2013 Lineups

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-17-2013, 12:42 PM
  #1
Tyler Durden
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,442
vCash: 500
Florida Panthers 2013 Lineups

What do you think the lineups on offence and defence will look like on opening night? Do you think Kovalev or Svatos will make the team?

Tyler Durden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 12:50 PM
  #2
MillarWithASave
HUBY DOOBY SHUTUP
 
MillarWithASave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Melbourne, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 4,116
vCash: 500
Svatos will not make the team, I'm 99% positive Kovalev will though, if we don't make any transactions or pick up any other players on waivers, I would have to assume line-up will look like this.

Fleischmann - Weiss - Versteeg
Huberdeau - Mueller - Kovalev
Upshall -Matthias - Kopecky
Skille - Smithson - Parros

Campbell - Kuba
Weaver (if he isn't hurt) - Jovo?
Strachan - Petrovic / Ellerby

MillarWithASave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 01:16 PM
  #3
Tyler Durden
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,442
vCash: 500
No Gudbransson?

Tyler Durden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 01:37 PM
  #4
Coolburn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: South Florida
Country: Hungary
Posts: 7,712
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
No Gudbransson?
Currently suspended due to non-hockey injury. He probably will be back in a few weeks though.

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 01:48 PM
  #5
Tyler Durden
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,442
vCash: 500
Wakeboarding it will mess up your shoulder

Tyler Durden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 01:53 PM
  #6
96
Esq.
 
96's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 4,674
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillarWithASave View Post
Svatos will not make the team, I'm 99% positive Kovalev will though, if we don't make any transactions or pick up any other players on waivers, I would have to assume line-up will look like this.

Fleischmann - Weiss - Versteeg
Huberdeau - Mueller - Kovalev
Upshall -Matthias - Kopecky
Skille - Smithson - Parros

Campbell - Kuba
Weaver (if he isn't hurt) - Jovo?
Strachan - Petrovic / Ellerby
How long is Goc out? What about Bergenheim?

96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 02:44 PM
  #7
HockeyRulez
Welcome back Lu!
 
HockeyRulez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The Sunshine State
Country: United States
Posts: 2,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
What do you think the lineups on offence and defence will look like on opening night? Do you think Kovalev or Svatos will make the team?
wow u totally just re-created a thread i made a few days ago...

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1322625

HockeyRulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 01:08 PM
  #8
Erick
Registered User
 
Erick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Broward, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 11,583
vCash: 500
Despite how they looked last night, I expect Goc to center Huberdeau and Mueller as the season progresses.

Kovalev will either move down a line or perhaps Dineen shakes things up and puts him on the Weiss line so he can stay with more talented guys.

All in all, I don't think the Huberdeau-Mueller-Kovalev line sticks because Mueller is not really a center and Tallon/Santos have demonstrated that they value faceoffs/puck control since they've been here.

Personally, I think a Huberdeau-Goc-Mueller line has the potential to be really dangerous. Two skilled wingers with an intelligent center who's responsible defensively, and does a little of everything well.

Erick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 02:45 PM
  #9
Dr Beinfest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,014
vCash: 500
I see zero reason to move Kovalev away from a scoring line.

You make no use of Kovalev when you do that. Might as well void his contract and tell him to leave if you don't want him on a scoring line.

I expect Huberdeau to see more time with more players though.

Dr Beinfest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 02:55 PM
  #10
Erick
Registered User
 
Erick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Broward, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 11,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Beinfest View Post
I see zero reason to move Kovalev away from a scoring line.

You make no use of Kovalev when you do that. Might as well void his contract and tell him to leave if you don't want him on a scoring line.

I expect Huberdeau to see more time with more players though.
Yeah, that's why I said perhaps move him up with Weiss. Or move Mueller up/keep Kovalev/Huberdeau together?

Either way, I don't think Mueller is a C on this team when everyone is healthy.

Erick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 03:37 PM
  #11
Mogo
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
Mogo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Finland
Posts: 9,873
vCash: 813
I think the 2nd line will stay together only that Huberdeau will move into center. IMO he played center last night many times in game situations. He was the lowest of the forwards of that line and stayed down the middle. Mueller was the one who forecheck on that line all night. Hubs took 2 faceoffs last night and won both. I think with time we could see Mueller and Hubs change spots.

Mogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 03:50 PM
  #12
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian
 
Ghoste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,029
vCash: 835
Harv says Kuli & Weaver expected to play Monday. Nice boost.

-ghoste

Ghoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 04:03 PM
  #13
Montsy14
Registered User
 
Montsy14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,824
vCash: 50
What's the status of Versteeg? Maybe we should make an injury thread.

Montsy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 04:05 PM
  #14
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian
 
Ghoste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,029
vCash: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montsy14 View Post
What's the status of Versteeg? Maybe we should make an injury thread.
I have to believe he's out. Let the groin heal.

-ghoste

Ghoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 04:16 PM
  #15
homegrizown
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: pembroke pines fl
Country: United States
Posts: 524
vCash: 500
if healthy i really expect the lines to be more like this

flash-weiss-steeger
huby-ferris mueller-ak27
bergy-goc-upshall
matthias-smithson-kopecky

campbell-kuba
weaver-kuli
guddy-jovo

extras parros, skille, stratchan

homegrizown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 05:23 PM
  #16
Markstrom Rules
Sup
 
Markstrom Rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 16,042
vCash: 500
I don't think Kovy would be moved off a scoring line if he was bumped down to the 3rd line. Matthias looked good last night and he'd be with Bergy too. Let's face it, you can't have a line that doesn't play defense at all. That's not gonna fly with an NHL coach. So something's gotta give. Not every game is going to be like last night, Carolina was rusty and we exploded out of the gate. In a tight conference and a lot of close games, your 2nd line has to have at least one player that is responsible defensively.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 05:32 PM
  #17
homegrizown
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: pembroke pines fl
Country: United States
Posts: 524
vCash: 500
considering no line on the panthers is really that dominating and once everyone is back. we have 4 good lines. that line wouldn't play more then 15-18 minutes a night anyway.

kovy will have nights off. and i think people forget that dineen is a demanding coach if he thinks people aren't pulling there weight on both ends. he'll bench some guys. so everyone will have to hustle.

not being great defensively sometimes can be made up by hustle

homegrizown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 05:41 PM
  #18
Dr Beinfest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,014
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by homegrizown View Post
if healthy i really expect the lines to be more like this

flash-weiss-steeger
huby-ferris mueller-ak27
bergy-goc-upshall
matthias-smithson-kopecky

campbell-kuba
weaver-kuli
guddy-jovo

extras parros, skille, stratchan
A healthy Florida looks really, really nice.

Dr Beinfest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 08:08 PM
  #19
JPG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Bloomfield Hills, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 374
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo View Post
I think the 2nd line will stay together only that Huberdeau will move into center. IMO he played center last night many times in game situations. He was the lowest of the forwards of that line and stayed down the middle. Mueller was the one who forecheck on that line all night. Hubs took 2 faceoffs last night and won both. I think with time we could see Mueller and Hubs change spots.
Huberdeau played center this season in the QMJHL and wasn't particularly dominating on faceoffs. 2 faceoffs last night is too small a sample size to make a judgement. Also, his stats playing as center in the Q were not as good as last season when he was LW; this I think has more to do with most of his talented teammates not being in junior anymore this year, but still his performance as a center was not as good. I certainly hope he becomes a good center, but I think hes an exceptional left winger and will be used there.

JPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 08:43 PM
  #20
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,028
vCash: 500
I think Parros stays in over Smithson if everyone ever gets healthy. Big reason Partis signed is so he can play, and we'll see plenty of substitutions for rest, etc.

__________________
So you're saying there's a chance!
Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 08:48 PM
  #21
PBPantherfan
Here we go again
 
PBPantherfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Lake Worth, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 2,225
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by homegrizown View Post
if healthy i really expect the lines to be more like this

flash-weiss-steeger
huby-ferris mueller-ak27
bergy-goc-upshall
matthias-smithson-kopecky

campbell-kuba
weaver-kuli
guddy-jovo

extras parros, skille, stratchan
Best thing is Tallon keeps extra guys around so guys don't get complacent. If you don't play well there is a guy waiting to replace you. Glad Viner lets him do it used to be they kept a bare minimum and only brought a guy up if a regular got hurt.

PBPantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 12:27 AM
  #22
JonathanHuberdoh
Maybe.....next year?
 
JonathanHuberdoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Towanna
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,990
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBPantherfan View Post
Best thing is Tallon keeps extra guys around so guys don't get complacent. If you don't play well there is a guy waiting to replace you. Glad Viner lets him do it used to be they kept a bare minimum and only brought a guy up if a regular got hurt.
This. Competition is healthy. It ensures that our lower line guys won't take nights off.

JonathanHuberdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 01:40 AM
  #23
Benched
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 3,884
vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
Despite how they looked last night, I expect Goc to center Huberdeau and Mueller as the season progresses.

Kovalev will either move down a line or perhaps Dineen shakes things up and puts him on the Weiss line so he can stay with more talented guys.

All in all, I don't think the Huberdeau-Mueller-Kovalev line sticks because Mueller is not really a center and Tallon/Santos have demonstrated that they value faceoffs/puck control since they've been here.

Personally, I think a Huberdeau-Goc-Mueller line has the potential to be really dangerous. Two skilled wingers with an intelligent center who's responsible defensively, and does a little of everything well.
As good as he was last night, Kovalev isn't going to play like that every night and he's going to need nights off. I doubt he sticks on Weiss' line. If he continues to play like he did last night though, you could be right but I doubt that. Like I said, streaky player who doesn't always go 100%.

Benched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 01:52 AM
  #24
Dr Beinfest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,014
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
I think Parros stays in over Smithson if everyone ever gets healthy. Big reason Partis signed is so he can play, and we'll see plenty of substitutions for rest, etc.
I think it's more like we'll see them both equally. Or rather, four people sharing three spots on the fourth line. Smithson is a very valuable high energy player, if you ask me.

Dr Beinfest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 06:53 AM
  #25
PBPantherfan
Here we go again
 
PBPantherfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Lake Worth, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 2,225
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benched View Post
As good as he was last night, Kovalev isn't going to play like that every night and he's going to need nights off. I doubt he sticks on Weiss' line. If he continues to play like he did last night though, you could be right but I doubt that. Like I said, streaky player who doesn't always go 100%.
Kovalev isn't on Weiss's line. He plays with Huberdeau and Muller.

PBPantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:05 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.