2013 Prospect Thread

Closed Thread

Old
02-25-2013, 04:17 PM
FUBAR McDangles

vCash: 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaykay View Post
I wouldn't consider myself a smart prospect person but dancchan is and when I mentioned it last page he agreed.
dancchan has a bigger hard on for Gilmour than any player I've ever seen him talk about Simply saying "he agreed" is a bit of an understatement.

Old
02-25-2013, 06:07 PM
Circulartheory
@danccchan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyratoku View Post
dancchan has a bigger hard on for Gilmour than any player I've ever seen him talk about Simply saying "he agreed" is a bit of an understatement.

Old
02-25-2013, 06:22 PM
Haite
x

vCash: 2465
Quote:
Originally Posted by danccchan View Post
That's not a thumb, is it?

Old
02-25-2013, 06:32 PM
Jaykay
Kuemperpedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haite View Post
That's not a thumb, is it?
Hiiiiiiyyoooooo

Old
02-25-2013, 06:45 PM
Surly Furious

vCash: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Any of the smart prospect people think Gilmour could be a nice sleeper?
I remember reading a lot about him after the draft, and he reminded me of Cuma, high character, smart kid. Hopefully he'll have a rosier future than poor Tyler [good pick, horrible luck].

Quote:
Originally Posted by keppel146 View Post
eh, maybe. I'm starting to think Graovac could be a good 3rd or 4th line center
If he ever fills out that frame he could be a real steal. You gotta love the progress he's made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuckOG View Post
He's[Gilmour] got the size and it looks like he has some skill...the best part is that he's playing college hockey so the Wild have a while to let him develop at BC before they need to give him a roster spot with Houston.
Other folks have said it before, but having your lower round picks develop in college is a terrific idea for big guys that might bloom a bit later.

On another note, I am very happy the Wild hung on to Gustafsson. He's a kid who has held his own, if not excelled, vs. men at a tender age. Our darkest horse prospect IMO.

Old
02-28-2013, 08:19 AM
DANOZ28

wild prospect report; http://wild.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id...id=DL|MIN|home do you think haula will play another year at the U?

Old
02-28-2013, 08:43 AM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANOZ28 View Post
wild prospect report; http://wild.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id...id=DL|MIN|home do you think haula will play another year at the U?
I think he's already said himself that he's going pro after this season is done.

Old
02-28-2013, 08:54 AM
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaLoN View Post
I think he's already said himself that he's going pro after this season is done.
Yeah, I'm not sure what another year of College Hockey would do for him, developmentally speaking. He's ready to play in the AHL right now.

Old
02-28-2013, 08:58 AM
hokijanari

Quote:
Yeah, I'm not sure what another year of College Hockey would do for him, developmentally speaking. He's ready to play in the AHL right now.
Actually Haula is pretty close coming back to Finland to play in the FEL. Rumours say Oulun Kärpät is very intrested in Erik.

Old
02-28-2013, 09:02 AM
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokijanari View Post
Actually Haula is pretty close coming back to Finland to play in the FEL. Rumours say Oulun Kärpät is very intrested in Erik.
Interesting....do you have any sources (in English)? Because I've seen quotes from Haula, himself, that he is looking forward to join the Wild organization.

Quote:
BS: There is the possibility you can go from playing with the Gophers on a national championship team to joining the Wild on a playoff push.

EH: That is a dream come true, and that's why I came here. And that's what I want to do: Be here for however many years and then, when coaches think I'm ready and I feel comfortable, moving on.
Link

Old
02-28-2013, 09:08 AM
hokijanari

Quote:
Interesting....do you have any sources (in English)? Because I've seen quotes from Haula, himself, that he is looking forward to join the Wild organization.
I don't, but a Finnish magazine called Veikkaaja stated that Kärpät is trying to get Haula to Oulu. Just a rumour, but this magazine is quite often pretty well aware of these things... Maybe he makes a contract with the Wild and then is loaned to Finland, don't know for sure.

E:Actually Porin Ässät (Haula's youth team) is also intrested in Erik, so well see... But if I had to guess, he plays in Finland next season.

Old
02-28-2013, 09:21 AM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

I think that was brought up back in december, didn't Haula say he wasn't interested?

Old
02-28-2013, 09:38 AM
hokijanari

Quote:
I think that was brought up back in december, didn't Haula say he wasn't interested?
I've no idea, but the amount of money Erik would get playing in Finland is hard to reject.. Compared to AHL salaries, not NHL of course. But AHL would be the league for Haula in NA, hard to see him making the Wild.

Old
02-28-2013, 09:42 AM
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokijanari View Post
I've no idea, but the amount of money Erik would get playing in Finland is hard to reject.. Compared to AHL salaries, not NHL of course. But AHL would be the league for Haula in NA, hard to see him making the Wild.
I think Haula could make the Wild after spending one season (two at the most) with the Aeros. I definitely see him as an NHL player in the future.

Old
02-28-2013, 09:49 AM
hokijanari

Quote:
I think Haula could make the Wild after spending one season (two at the most) with the Aeros. I definitely see him as an NHL player in the future.
Yes, ofcourse. I never said he won't make the NHL. I meant it's hard to see him make the Wild next season. If Erik decides to play a year or two in the FEL, that doesn't turn down the NHL option. Ofcourse the NHL is Haula's goal and he wants to make the Wild, but there's many paths to do it. One of them is the AHL, one of them is the FEL.

Old
02-28-2013, 10:02 AM
Lapa
Global Moderator
miek yoe pls

Quote:
You are right, as long as I remember. There were news in Finnish media that Haula was offered 200 000 € (thats a lot of money for a FEL player!) by Kärpät, Oulu and Ässät, Pori. He turned them both down, as he said he wanted to stay in the North America.

According to some newspapers, at least.

Old
02-28-2013, 10:07 AM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapa View Post
Yes. There were news in Finnish media that Haula was offered 200 000 € (thats a lot of money for a FEL player!) by Kärpät, Oulu and Ässät, Pori. He turned them both down, as he said he wanted to stay in the North America.

According to some newspapers, at least.
That's what I thought, thanks. It wouldn't make sense if, he wants to play for the Wild, to go back to Finland when he could be learning the Wild's system and getting the occasional call to the NHL when/if needed before he can lock down a roster spot of his own.

Old
02-28-2013, 10:10 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I'm guessing he turns pro at the end of the year and signs his ELC. He'll probably be in Houston 1-2 seasons, and depending on how he does, eventually goes to the Wild or if it ain't happening, Finland.

You don't come to America to go to prep school, then play college hockey, then bolt for Europe again.

Old
02-28-2013, 06:34 PM
goatvindaloo

Luleå gets the win in a 10 goal game against AIK. Gustafsson manages 40 saves and comes out with a .909 SV%. Gunnarsson gets two assists and logs over 20 min TOI. Full stats here.

Also some Finnish guy got a hat-trick in the first period...

Old
02-28-2013, 06:35 PM
Minnesota
L'étoile du Nord

vCash: 0
Gunnarsson's been a pleasant surprise.

Old
02-28-2013, 07:32 PM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Any of the smart prospect people think Gilmour could be a nice sleeper?

yes yes yes.

Old
02-28-2013, 07:47 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Gonna be darn tough for Haula to make this squad in a few years. He's gonna have to outplay a lot of players.

Old
02-28-2013, 07:55 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

True although he has a high work ethic.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
Old
02-28-2013, 07:57 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Eh, dunno about those third and fourth lines. A player like Haula could bump a Torrey Mitchell.

Old
03-01-2013, 09:14 AM
DANOZ28

part of article on top ahl prospects by espn insider writer corey pronman

Johan Larsson, C/W, Minnesota Wild (Houston)
Larsson came into his own last season with a tremendous 19-year-old campaign in the Swedish Elite League, where he displayed significant offensive potential and advanced game processing. His first year in North America has gone fine. He hasn't lit the league on fire in the AHL, but he's been a good two-way player who has displayed his competitiveness as well. Larsson is a player with very good hockey sense at both ends of the rink. One NHL source likes him a lot because he has a lot of elements to his game that give him all-around value. He got a call-up for one game already with the Wild, and when they need to go back to Houston, he's likely the top option at forward.

Closed Thread