HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Magnus Pääjärvi

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-02-2013, 01:47 PM
  #1
Taz#24
Registered User
 
Taz#24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Washington DC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,928
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Taz#24
Magnus Pääjärvi

Not sure, think he would be worth pursuing? Highly skilled with good size. Might be a great addition to the KELLY-PEVERLEY line, a PP option and potential top 6 insurance should we lose HORTON as a UFA.

We have a long history of dealing with the Oilers, maybe they consider something along the lines of CARON + for Magnus Pääjärvi?

Taz#24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 01:50 PM
  #2
Colt.45Orr
Registered User
 
Colt.45Orr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,526
vCash: 500
Wasn't MPS and Eberle offered to us on draft day for Seguin?

Colt.45Orr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 01:51 PM
  #3
BigGoalBrad*
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Loge 22
Posts: 4,942
vCash: 500
Their message board fans would expect Seguin for him lol.


If a second rounder gets him I think about it. But I wouldn't pay more for him. He can't contribute much of anything on a poor team. I think Edmonton can trade him for an NHL regular still and likely will pick up some d man for him.

BigGoalBrad* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 01:54 PM
  #4
bruinsfan46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,457
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz#24 View Post
Not sure, think he would be worth pursuing? Highly skilled with good size. Might be a great addition to the KELLY-PEVERLEY line, a PP option and potential top 6 insurance should we lose HORTON as a UFA.

We have a long history of dealing with the Oilers, maybe they consider something along the lines of CARON + for Magnus Pääjärvi?
He's just not good offensively. Very fast and plays a solid all around game but offensively he's missing something, maybe it's hockey sense. Four goals in 38 AHL games this year, I wouldn't want him in the top six or on the powerplay.

bruinsfan46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 02:26 PM
  #5
SpitfireIX
Registered User
 
SpitfireIX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Grenville, Qc.
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,558
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan46 View Post
He's just not good offensively. Very fast and plays a solid all around game but offensively he's missing something, maybe it's hockey sense. Four goals in 38 AHL games this year, I wouldn't want him in the top six or on the powerplay.
To me its his play along the wall that is missing. He is a one and one guy he can't win battles. Once he learns how to do that though he will be good.

SpitfireIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 03:42 PM
  #6
Taz#24
Registered User
 
Taz#24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Washington DC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,928
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Taz#24
Good point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpitfireIX View Post
To me its his play along the wall that is missing. He is a one and one guy he can't win battles. Once he learns how to do that though he will be good.
I see the same with SEGUIN but he's improving slowly. In order for him to really blossom, a la STAMPKOS, he has to win more physical battles and go into the dirty areas more often.

Taz#24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 03:43 PM
  #7
rcduthie77
Registered User
 
rcduthie77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,451
vCash: 500
Count me in for Paajarvi!

Been a big of his since his play for Timra and the Swedish Junior squad. He's got all kinds of skill and I think Claude Julien is the perfect type of coach for him!

rcduthie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 03:48 PM
  #8
William Faulkner
A Wizard A True Star
 
William Faulkner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Somerville MA
Country: United States
Posts: 14,545
vCash: 500
As a general rule, I like anyone named Magnus.

Knight? Caron+? I know some will bristle at the thought of offering Knight, though.

William Faulkner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 04:09 PM
  #9
Random Bruins Fan
Certified Poster
 
Random Bruins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Spooner Street
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,211
vCash: 500
He has some size and is fast but can't seem to put it together and winds up being one of these roadrunners flying around that doesn't accomplish much of anything. He's probably similar in caliber as Max Sauve come to think of it so I don't see the need to acquire him, Caron is a different player but about that same caliber to.

Random Bruins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 04:12 PM
  #10
Shaun
Registered User
 
Shaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Italy
Posts: 23,770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz#24 View Post
I see the same with SEGUIN but he's improving slowly. In order for him to really blossom, a la STAMPKOS, he has to win more physical battles and go into the dirty areas more often.
Is he some type of gritty postal worker?


Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 04:16 PM
  #11
Bi Coastal Bawse*
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bay Area, California
Country: United States
Posts: 11,937
vCash: 500
Like him IDK what the Oilers would want for him

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 04:22 PM
  #12
Fire Sweeney
Registered User
 
Fire Sweeney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bergen
Country: Norway
Posts: 23,081
vCash: 500
His shot is what sucks. He needs to learn to use his reach and size around the net, which he won't on a pansy team like the Oilers.. I would absolutely trade for him.

Fire Sweeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 04:54 PM
  #13
Ratty
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Rive Gauche
Posts: 8,244
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8th Rounder View Post
He has some size and is fast but can't seem to put it together and winds up being one of these roadrunners flying around that doesn't accomplish much of anything. He's probably similar in caliber as Max Sauve come to think of it so I don't see the need to acquire him, Caron is a different player but about that same caliber to.
I'd ratherj give Sauve a shot before sending assets to Edmonton for the same player.

As the Bruins continue to audition players to fill the third line Lw role, I wonder if our GM is having second thoughts about letting Pouliot go. Not that Benoit is tearing it up, but I think you could have counted on him for 15 goals and good two way play.

Ratty is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:37 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.