HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Xbox One / PS4 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old
05-11-2013, 09:46 AM
tacogeoff

vCash: 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Dylan View Post
Could careless about that stuff the only reason I paid for XBL was the superior infrastructure. Not to mention no 30 minute firmware patches.

Then again I did pay for PS+ just for the free Vita games
Agreed. Have no qualms paying for the superior online product (IMO). I play a ton of BLOPS and NHL online.

As for the name.

Remember when everyone bashed the IPad name for a few months, then it just faded into acceptance. Can see the same thing happending here. as long as they dont use the Buzz Lightyear catch phrase lmao.

Old
05-11-2013, 10:22 AM
Smoke
Time is the flaw

vCash: 500
OMG the name is stupid! WTF

Old
05-12-2013, 08:30 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Well xbox likely saved their ass right now .

05-13-2013, 12:18 AM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Well xbox likely saved their ass right now .
? How so

Old
05-13-2013, 08:33 PM
blueandgoldguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy66 View Post
Agreed. Have no qualms paying for the superior online product (IMO). I play a ton of BLOPS and NHL online.

As for the name.

Remember when everyone bashed the IPad name for a few months, then it just faded into acceptance. Can see the same thing happending here. as long as they dont use the Buzz Lightyear catch phrase lmao.
Thing is, it won't be superior in this next generation as any updates for Sony Playstation can be completed in the background while you are doing other things.

Xbox is really screwing themselves by being too stubborn to get rid of these silly monthly online fees.

Old
05-13-2013, 10:18 PM
karnige
Real Life FTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueandgoldguy View Post
Thing is, it won't be superior in this next generation as any updates for Sony Playstation can be completed in the background while you are doing other things.

Xbox is really screwing themselves by being too stubborn to get rid of these silly monthly online fees.
is sony having monthly fees and used game fees? if so then what will be the difference with micrsoft?

Old
05-14-2013, 04:18 AM
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT

vCash: 50
Microsoft is a software company I highly doubt they get out played at their own game.

Old
05-14-2013, 07:14 AM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
Originally Posted by karnige View Post
is sony having monthly fees and used game fees? if so then what will be the difference with micrsoft?
Xbox fees are mandatory to play on live, Sony's fees are not mandatory to play on their network.

+ Sony's fees come with free games, Xbox's do not.

Old
05-14-2013, 07:47 AM
karnige
Real Life FTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post
Xbox fees are mandatory to play on live, Sony's fees are not mandatory to play on their network.

+ Sony's fees come with free games, Xbox's do not.
I meant the next gen console for sony.

Old
05-14-2013, 07:54 AM
villevalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by karnige View Post
I meant the next gen console for sony.
I think it'll be the same fees set up as it was for PS3, I believe it becomes a major factor for a lot of gamers these days, playing COD and FIFA etc for free or not.

I don't online game, I don't particularly find it that fun anymore, and that with my 360 I'm certainly not paying for the privilege but if I had a PS3 I think I'd give it a go once in a while.

I think Sony would rather offer their basic online service for free in the hopes that they sell more consoles over the next xbox and then hope those that buy a PS4 will be coerced into the paid service.

Old
05-14-2013, 10:26 AM
Oscar Acosta

vCash: 1066
And really with PS Plus there is no point in not getting it. Often you'll get a game or controller with a month or 3 month trial, at some point in there they'll have an offer to renew for cheap..

I have mine renewed up to the end of 2014 because I keep seeing things like 3 months for a couple bucks or buy a game that just extends it. All off my initial one year subscription almost a year back.

The amount of free games or deals I got under that keeps me going to the point I don't even go to game stores unless it's something I've been waiting for. I have a backlog of probably 10 games or more because they update free things faster than I can play them.

Old
05-14-2013, 10:46 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Acosta View Post
And really with PS Plus there is no point in not getting it. Often you'll get a game or controller with a month or 3 month trial, at some point in there they'll have an offer to renew for cheap..

I have mine renewed up to the end of 2014 because I keep seeing things like 3 months for a couple bucks or buy a game that just extends it. All off my initial one year subscription almost a year back.

The amount of free games or deals I got under that keeps me going to the point I don't even go to game stores unless it's something I've been waiting for. I have a backlog of probably 10 games or more because they update free things faster than I can play them.
An example for me was that I really wanted Vanquish, and then I eventually just waited and now it's free. If I really want the game now, I'll go get it then, like with The Last of Us. But other than that, it's a great way to get a huge library of games.

Old
05-14-2013, 11:17 AM
gunners14henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
An example for me was that I really wanted Vanquish, and then I eventually just waited and now it's free. If I really want the game now, I'll go get it then, like with The Last of Us. But other than that, it's a great way to get a huge library of games.
I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to this, but are the games downloaded onto the hard drive or do they ship the games to you?

Old
05-14-2013, 11:19 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Download them.

Old
05-14-2013, 10:15 PM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunners14henry View Post
I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to this, but are the games downloaded onto the hard drive or do they ship the games to you?
Downloaded, but you can also save data to PSN instead of the hard drive through PS+.

05-15-2013, 11:55 AM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Really? No one posted about the "Xbox Infinity" being a fan made design, which was so good that the "videogame journalists" took it as being source material?

Lol.

Old
05-16-2013, 02:55 AM
just22
meat and taters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
Really? No one posted about the "Xbox Infinity" being a fan made design, which was so good that the "videogame journalists" took it as being source material?

Lol.
It was claimed to be called Infinity by "inside sources" before the mock-up was made.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/46...ft-console.htm

I had a 360 this generation, but unless Microsoft blows me away with some good exclusives and no more Live I'm going with the PS4

Old
05-16-2013, 11:47 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Agent might not be dead and might be going to the PS4? I know it's a weak rumor, but would still be huge news for the PS4. Imagine if it was announced at E3?

http://kotaku.com/talking-to-the-ps4...ther-506712509

Old
05-20-2013, 02:34 PM
sabresfan129103
So it begins...

I'm excited to see what Microsoft has to bring tomorrow. I was a Sony guy this gen, but I can be persuaded to buy a 720. If neither impress then I'll stick to PC and wait for a price drop on the system I like.

Old
05-21-2013, 10:41 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

So the time is at 1:00 ET right? Only read that time on 1 website as I was surfing. Im actually off today (and not because of this ) so I plan on having this in the background as I mess with my Vita . Time to partially see if the xbox will keep me or ps will win me over. Lately I have ventured over to the playstation side with the recent vita buy and how PS4 will use it in their new system. But with xbox being the main go-to with all my friends I will be slightly leaning towards xbox.

That is unless the whole "we are going for living room entertainment kinect" ******** is the new focus. Screw that.

Old
05-21-2013, 10:42 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Funny how there are supposed to be so many reveals today, but it's only an hour? At least the PS4 reveal was just over 2 hours.

Old
05-21-2013, 10:53 AM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
Funny how there are supposed to be so many reveals today, but it's only an hour? At least the PS4 reveal was just over 2 hours.
Maybe they will just bullet-point it.

Old
05-21-2013, 10:58 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Just read supposedly they are releasing little if any games information and waiting for E3. Might be a reason why its short.

Old
05-21-2013, 11:00 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Just read supposedly they are releasing little if any games information and waiting for E3. Might be a reason why its short.
Then why do it? Why not steal the E3 show from everyone else? I'm still probably not going to get an Xbox ever (PC and Playstation systems mainly), but as a business decision, an hour doesn't seem long enough. Hell, the PS4 did it for 2 hours and didn't even show the console (I don't mind that they didn't show the console).

Old
05-21-2013, 11:02 AM
Hockeyfrilla

gametrailers countdown stream

http://www.gametrailers.com/netstora...down/live.html

Closed Thread