HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Xbox One / PS4 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old
05-22-2013, 12:17 AM
Static

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Static
Man, you really hate Xbox. Kind of weird.

Old
05-22-2013, 12:21 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static View Post
Man, you really hate Xbox. Kind of weird.
I can't post new info that wasn't posted in here before?

Old
05-22-2013, 12:22 AM
Towers
Is it on Origin?

Send a message via MSN to Towers
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
NO. hater.

Old
05-22-2013, 12:32 AM
Static

Quote:
Sure, but this entire thread you've been ridiculously slanted one way from the get go. By now, throwing your hands up in innocence seems pretty disingenuous.

Old
05-22-2013, 12:35 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static View Post
Sure, but this entire thread you've been ridiculously slanted one way from the get go. By now, throwing your hands up in innocence seems pretty disingenuous.
Did I say I was innocent? I was trying to correct the guy on saying that all systems that had hard drives in them could be replaced and were meant to be replaced. I know I'm pretty much slanted towards Sony, but you know what, I'd rather be informed of both sides than just throw random notions all over the place (as in linking news articles to help prevent that).

And as I said way earlier in the thread, I have a history of MS that goes way back, so if I have a reason to hate them, it's more than just the Xbox.

Old
05-22-2013, 12:39 AM
Wheatley
We Rabite You

I agree with the anti Xbox guys. Lately I've been playing a lot of old school RPGs like Chrono Trigger, Legend Of Dragoon, etc. I need no internet connection for these games, and why would I?

If I was to take my gaming console up to my cabin, with no internet connection anywhere, I could play them. When I move in August, and those couple days I may have before I get my internet connection hooked up, I can play them.

Situations are going to come up that are going to seriously piss people off regarding this new Xbox.

Old
05-22-2013, 12:43 AM
gunners14henry

here's a pretty good video comparing the RAM components of the Xbox One vs the PS4.

Being someone that doesn't know much about this type of stuff, I found it pretty informative.

Old
05-22-2013, 12:45 AM
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faidh ar Rud Eigin View Post
Why didn't RDR get a release then?.
Because it wasn't a sure fire hit when it released and they had already started plans to bring other projects to the PC.

No company is going to abandon the PC, espcially if they are already making cross-platform games. The new generation will make it even easier for the PC and its just an additional revenue stream. Plus development costs are going to go up and so is the homogenization of game's due to it.

Old
05-22-2013, 12:52 AM
Carl Carlson

Xbox looks interesting. The entertainment side of it seems like what Kinect should have been doing when it was first released on 360 but it's neat to see it in action regardless. The one advantage I see at the moment for Xbox is that it runs Windows. So games made for the big 3 - PC, Xbox and PS4 will mean the PS4 version will be ported. Not sure how much effect this will actually have but something to watch for in the future when games come out.

For me it will all come down to what the games are like, and what exclusives each system has.

Old
05-22-2013, 12:52 AM
Static

Quote:
Did I say I was innocent? I was trying to correct the guy on saying that all systems that had hard drives in them could be replaced and were meant to be replaced. I know I'm pretty much slanted towards Sony, but you know what, I'd rather be informed of both sides than just throw random notions all over the place (as in linking news articles to help prevent that).

And as I said way earlier in the thread, I have a history of MS that goes way back, so if I have a reason to hate them, it's more than just the Xbox.
Ok. Disliking a product that has yet to even come out though is pretty irrational. You're pretty high strung on the subject of a future video game console that you seem pretty unlikely to even purchase. That's what's weird about it.

Old
05-22-2013, 01:08 AM
19nazzy

Xbox One is basically an anti-gamer console. Brutal.

05-22-2013, 01:09 AM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatley View Post
I agree with the anti Xbox guys. Lately I've been playing a lot of old school RPGs like Chrono Trigger, Legend Of Dragoon, etc. I need no internet connection for these games, and why would I?

If I was to take my gaming console up to my cabin, with no internet connection anywhere, I could play them. When I move in August, and those couple days I may have before I get my internet connection hooked up, I can play them.

Situations are going to come up that are going to seriously piss people off regarding this new Xbox.
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/0...ds-compatible/

Quote:
The company says that it will require an Internet connection at least some of the time, however. The console will use its "mostly on" Internet connection to perform system management tasks such as downloading updates in the background, backing up game saves to cloud storage, and synchronizing things like the TV shows or movies that you're watching between consoles so that you can start watching a film on one device and pick up where you left off on another.
Everything i've read suggests that the new xbox will not prevent you from playing offline.

Old
05-22-2013, 01:14 AM
Scottyk9
Connor McDevil

vCash: 432
Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19nazzy View Post
Xbox One is basically an anti-gamer console. Brutal.

Old
05-22-2013, 01:23 AM
Wheatley
We Rabite You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Everything i've read suggests that the new xbox will not prevent you from playing offline.
From my understanding you need to "check in" with Microsoft once every 24 hours if you want to play ANY game. Even offline.

Old
05-22-2013, 01:36 AM
19nazzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post

Stolen from NeoGAF
Quote:
- Forced online activation for all games
- Complex used games system that is anti consumer
- Charged fee for playing used games on non linked profile
- Console that needs to be connected to internet every 24 hours to play games
- Massive emphasis on TV, services and non game related stuff
- Rumoured (relatively weak) hardware confirmed
- DDR3 confirmed instead of GDDR5
- Only 5GB of the 8GB ram available for games (a whopping 3GB reserved for the OS)
- No self publishing for games
- Kinect needed to be plugged in for Xbox One to function
- Always watching and on Kinect
- Xbox One having non-replaceable Hard Drive's
- Xbox One not being backwards compatible with the 360
- Only HDMI for output, leaving people unable to use composite or component cables
- No headset included
I think I'll pass, but if you're happy with that all the power to you.

Not to mention their entertainment options are basically US only.

Old
05-22-2013, 01:48 AM
FC

Non-replaceable harddrives, is that for real. So if you have a drive failure you would have to buy a new system

Old
05-22-2013, 01:48 AM
Kbs

I think I'll wait until E3 before I write off the Xbox One. I wasn't a fan of their presentation today seeing as they barely talked about anything I'm interested in, but hopefully E3 will make the choice between a PS4 or an Xbox One a little more difficult.

I mentioned it earlier, but one thing I'm really curious about is Xbox Live because I can't continually justify spending more money on Gold membership when I'm getting so little in return compared to PSN+.

Old
05-22-2013, 01:53 AM
Kbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC View Post
Non-replaceable harddrives, is that for real. So if you have a drive failure you would have to buy a new system
The article posted on the page before says there isn't replaceable harddrives, but external harddrives can do everything the internal one can. Seems like a non-issue to me. Not to mention, there are USB 3.0 ports.

Old
05-22-2013, 02:02 AM
kingsholygrail
Career Worst Year

Quote:
A bad investment given the state of PC gaming. GTA V is the first super-title that won't be getting a PC release, only a matter of time before others follow.
GTA V doesn't even reach the level of WoW, Diablo, Starcraft, TF2, etc for me, so PC gaming is doing just fine.

Old
05-22-2013, 02:20 AM
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
GTA V doesn't even reach the level of WoW, Diablo, Starcraft, TF2, etc for me, so PC gaming is doing just fine.
And yet it will still be on the PC.

Old
05-22-2013, 02:31 AM
XX
Lots of Try

Quote:
A bad investment given the state of PC gaming. GTA V is the first super-title that won't be getting a PC release, only a matter of time before others follow.
The state of PC gaming? It has never been better. I feel like you're the type to buy into those yearly "the death of PC gaming" articles. The ones that have been going on for twenty years or so.

Old
05-22-2013, 02:52 AM
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On

Xbox One looks pretty weak

Old
05-22-2013, 02:57 AM
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT

I don't really see anything I dislike about it but then again I live in a big city with great internet. Also the games on PS aren't going to look better not for awhile I'd say. Most release games are **** it takes developers awhile to optimize.

I just want more games from both companies. Hoping Sony releases a lot more at E3 for their sake.

Old
05-22-2013, 03:01 AM
DennisReynolds
the implication

Old
05-22-2013, 03:01 AM
Kurtz

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post

The question you have to ask is cui est bono? - who stands to gain from such a policy? I see no upside for gamers here.
It sounds like the developer/publisher would stand to gain the most, as this might eliminate piracy and hamper used game sales.

However, while increasing the profit for developers, it also allows them to stay in business. Perhaps THQ would not go bankrupt if they had this additional revenue? Perhaps good indie companies wouldn't have to sell out to EA and thus squash their innovation?

Or perhaps with the increased profits, even the big companies would be open to trying new things, rather than relying on Madden, COD and Halo every year to keep them afloat?

It's clear that this will hurt Gamestop and those relying on Piracy. It's also clear that it will help the Developers. What remains to be seen is if this will hurt or help the average, honest gamer, but logic dictates that it will. Off course greed has been known to defeat logic.

Closed Thread