HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

B.Schenn or N. Kadri

View Poll Results: who puts up more points
B. Schenn 267 57.92%
N. Kadri 194 42.08%
Voters: 461. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
02-06-2013, 12:16 AM
SchennSational1022*
The Future

vCash: 500
Most of the **** kadri would get from people on this site and people around the nhl was a joke. A kid his size couldnt of been relied on to come into the nhl right away and play. The kid is tearing it up right now and i expected this. Glad for leaf fans.

I still think its schenn though. You can say im a homer which is fine but ive had a man crush of brayden since before he was drafted. He fits the flyers lineup a lot better than kadri does. Teams just win with players like brayden. I still think brayden will be a solid 65-75 point player by next year. He has really had trouble this year and it doesnt really make sense. He tore up the ahl during the lockout. Hes starting to get some points now though and hes been in lavys dog house. Hes had below 11 mins per game the past two games. I expect him to bounce back very soon And finish up with around 22-25 points this year. Id be happy with that. Hes still gonna be a stud and ill lose my **** if flyers trade him which doesnt seem too likely.

Old
02-06-2013, 08:53 AM
BonMorrison
Soco Amaretto Lime

Now Kadri blocks huge shots. Does it all.

Old
02-06-2013, 10:49 AM
HarrisonFord
Lost a bet

So far this year its:

B. Schenn: 1g, 4a, 5pts

Nazem Kadri: 3g, 5a, 8pts

Man, Kadri is such a bust

Old
02-06-2013, 11:08 AM
LPH
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
You guys are almost as bad as Canucks fans with bumping the Kassian vs Hodgson thread

Old
02-06-2013, 11:17 AM
TmlHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonMorrison View Post
Now Kadri blocks huge shots. Does it all.
I missed that game. Is there a clip showing him blocking that huge shot in Washington?

Old
02-06-2013, 11:28 AM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
You guys are almost as bad as Canucks fans with bumping the Kassian vs Hodgson thread
I think there is a pretty big difference as no one called Kassian a bust since the minute he couldn't make the team at 19.

Old
02-06-2013, 11:35 AM
vanwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReimerForPM View Post
So far this year its:

If you project that over a 48 game season and knock out Wednesday night games and games in which there was a full moon and then divide by the square of the hypotenuse over pi, then Kadri appears to be on track to be the best rookie ever. On the flip side though I project Kessel to end up with zero goals while having the most shots. Magic 8 ball also confirms all of this.

Old
02-06-2013, 11:36 AM
LPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
I think there is a pretty big difference as no one called Kassian a bust since the minute he couldn't make the team at 19.
really? I heard consistently that we got fleeced by Buffalo for a lazy player. Kadri is a good player, and has his detractors and supporters, same as Kassian. Bumping either thread after every game is a but silly imo

Old
02-06-2013, 11:36 AM
BonMorrison
Soco Amaretto Lime

Quote:
Originally Posted by TmlHockeyFan View Post
I missed that game. Is there a clip showing him blocking that huge shot in Washington?
This is the one from the Carolina game:

http://video.mapleleafs.nhl.com/vide...198782&lang=en

The one against the Caps was better though.

Old
02-06-2013, 11:38 AM
bobbyflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReimerForPM View Post
So far this year its:

i'm ecstatic about Kadri too but don't get too cocky. That's a ridiculously small sample

Old
02-06-2013, 11:40 AM
TmlHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonMorrison View Post
This is the one from the Carolina game:

http://video.mapleleafs.nhl.com/vide...198782&lang=en

The one against the Caps was better though.
Yeah I wanted to see the Caps one because I'm hearing about it from a lot of Leafs fans.

Old
02-06-2013, 11:40 AM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
really? I heard consistently that we got fleeced by Buffalo for a lazy player. Kadri is a good player, and has his detractors and supporters, same as Kassian. Bumping either thread after every game is a but silly imo
Yes but getting fleeced doesn't mean Kassian sucks, and you guys only had 1 offseason to deal with that the Leafs have had 3 years

Old
02-06-2013, 11:54 AM
Pi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyflex View Post
i'm ecstatic about Kadri too but don't get too cocky. That's a ridiculously small sample
I think Leaf fans have a right to be pissed though.

At one point Brayden Schenn was hailed as one of the best prospect in hockey while Kadri was considered to be a bust. When we said there isn't much difference between Schenn and Kadri all people said was:

" Kadri is a bust, he can't even make a terrible Leafs team, Schenn AINEC"

Right now, Kadri is playing center and his line has been our best at creating chances. He blocks shots, he's physical when he needs to be, gritty and creative.

I'll still say there was never much difference between Kadri and Schenn, and 10 games is too small a sample size to say "Kadri >> Schenn."

All Leaf fans ever said was that Kadri is just as good as Schenn and they were ridiculed.

I still think Brayden Schenn is a good hockey player but the "Schenn AINEC," crowd is just insanely stupid.

Old
02-06-2013, 11:58 AM
SchennSational1022*
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
I think Leaf fans have a right to be pissed though.

At one point Brayden Schenn was hailed as one of the best prospect in hockey while Kadri was considered to be a bust. When we said there isn't much difference between Schenn and Kadri all people said was:

" Kadri is a bust, he can't even make a terrible Leafs team, Schenn AINEC"
Right now, Kadri is playing center and his line has been our best at creating chances. He blocks shots, he's physical when he needs to be, gritty and creative.

I'll still say there was never much difference between Kadri and Schenn, and 10 games is too small a sample size to say "Kadri >> Schenn."

All Leaf fans ever said was that Kadri is just as good as Schenn and they were ridiculed.

I still think Brayden Schenn is a good hockey player but the "Schenn AINEC," crowd is just insanely stupid.

Umm, yeah besides the point that the people calling kadri a bust weren't the same people who called Schenn the best prospect in hockey, meaning they actually have credibility. Anybody who called Kadri a bust was a moron and just somebody on HF. I don't reall one person in the media calling kadri a bust. He wasn't expected to break right into the NHL. You leaf fans get so ******** over what people on this website say. There's a reason theres usually a differance between what credentialed hockey people say, and what morons on this site say. Schenn was the best prospect in hockey, that accounts for something. Kadri was never considered a bust by anybody with credibility.

Old
02-06-2013, 12:05 PM
vanwest

Leaf fans are far too sensitive. Every team that has a prospect that doesn't make an impact after a couple of years gets the same treatment. Now, if you were a Canucks' fan and had to endure years of listening to how the Sedins were busts I might have some sympathy.
The bottom line is that many judge young players too quickly. I might add that saying Kadri is great now based on a 10 game sample size is just the flip side of the bust argument.

Old
02-06-2013, 12:20 PM
The Saurus

Nazem Kadri should serve as an example for the Maple Leafs in terms of developing talent if he is able to continue contributing the way he is.

Old
02-06-2013, 01:55 PM
LPH

Quote:
Yes but getting fleeced doesn't mean Kassian sucks, and you guys only had 1 offseason to deal with that the Leafs have had 3 years
Getting fleeced would mean that we got a far inferior player back. Anyways, Kadri has fallen undeserved criticism, but a lot was just a reaction to the insane hype he had initially

Hodgson had come under a lot of criticism after he failed to make our team and played fourth line minutes in the playoffs. Most teams have a guy like this, I have thought Kadri has been good for quite some time, but now I feel that he is getting a little overrated

Last edited by LPH: 02-06-2013 at 02:04 PM.
Old
02-06-2013, 02:10 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Getting fleeced would mean that we got a far inferior player back. Anyways, Kadri has fallen undeserved criticism, but a lot was just a reaction to the insane hype he had initially

Hodgson had come under a lot of criticism after he failed to make our team and played fourth line minutes in the playoffs. Most teams have a guy like this, I have thought Kadri has been good for quite some time, but now I feel that he is getting a little overrated
Yea I agree that most teams have a player like this but I disagree with him being overrated (at least from what I have read),he has been one of if not the best forward for Toronto and after the years of "Kadri's a bust" obviously some Leaf fans want to rub it in others faces.

Old
02-06-2013, 02:12 PM
LPH

Quote:
Yea I agree that most teams have a player like this but I disagree with him being overrated (at least from what I have read),he has been one of if not the best forward for Toronto and after the years of "Kadri's a bust" obviously some Leaf fans want to rub it in others faces.
I just think it's something that should be kept to a team board (same with the Hodgson/Kassian stuff). I'm glad for you guys and Kadri, just don't get carried away is all.

Old
02-06-2013, 02:18 PM
HavlatMach9

Kadri has gotten so much grief for doing simply what a prospect does, which is develop properly. The entire board would think we were funny for making the most obvious jokes or pretend to make insightful comments when some staff made a comment about his conditioning.

I'm happy Kadri is doing well since Bryan Murray wanted to draft him and he might very well have played for the Sens.

Old
02-08-2013, 11:32 AM
TmlHockeyFan

Kadri seems to be getting better at faceoffs lately. I would like to seem him in a top six line without sheltered minutes but whatever works best for him.

Old
02-08-2013, 12:13 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

Quote:
Originally Posted by TmlHockeyFan View Post
Kadri seems to be getting better at faceoffs lately. I would like to seem him in a top six line without sheltered minutes but whatever works best for him.
Apparently hes been working with Bozak, and watching videos pregame of oppositions centers to help him on the dot. Guy has the work ethic like no other, constantly re-defineing his game so there is no glaring weaknesses. Much more mature and driven then the kid of 3 years ago.

Old
02-08-2013, 04:35 PM
Pucklington

Oiler fan.

Think Kadri is underappreciated. Never thought much of him, but he definitely changed my mind.

Old
02-08-2013, 09:00 PM
TmlHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Podium View Post
Apparently hes been working with Bozak, and watching videos pregame of oppositions centers to help him on the dot. Guy has the work ethic like no other, constantly re-defineing his game so there is no glaring weaknesses. Much more mature and driven then the kid of 3 years ago.
I remember when people used to call him lazy and how they used to complain about his bad ethic. Good on Kadri to prove those guys wrong.

Old
02-09-2013, 04:17 PM
TheLeastOfTheBunch

Going to be a close points race between the two

Closed Thread