HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

B.Schenn or N. Kadri

View Poll Results: who puts up more points
B. Schenn 267 57.92%
N. Kadri 194 42.08%
Voters: 461. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-06-2013, 12:16 AM
  #226
SchennSational1022*
The Future
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Long Island New York
Country: United States
Posts: 3,281
vCash: 500
Most of the **** kadri would get from people on this site and people around the nhl was a joke. A kid his size couldnt of been relied on to come into the nhl right away and play. The kid is tearing it up right now and i expected this. Glad for leaf fans.

I still think its schenn though. You can say im a homer which is fine but ive had a man crush of brayden since before he was drafted. He fits the flyers lineup a lot better than kadri does. Teams just win with players like brayden. I still think brayden will be a solid 65-75 point player by next year. He has really had trouble this year and it doesnt really make sense. He tore up the ahl during the lockout. Hes starting to get some points now though and hes been in lavys dog house. Hes had below 11 mins per game the past two games. I expect him to bounce back very soon And finish up with around 22-25 points this year. Id be happy with that. Hes still gonna be a stud and ill lose my **** if flyers trade him which doesnt seem too likely.

SchennSational1022* is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 08:53 AM
  #227
BonMorrison
Soco Amaretto Lime
 
BonMorrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,442
vCash: 500
Now Kadri blocks huge shots. Does it all.

BonMorrison is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 10:49 AM
  #228
HarrisonFord
Lost a bet
 
HarrisonFord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,926
vCash: 500
So far this year its:

B. Schenn: 1g, 4a, 5pts

Nazem Kadri: 3g, 5a, 8pts

Man, Kadri is such a bust

HarrisonFord is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 11:08 AM
  #229
LPH
[hello] :)
 
LPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 44,771
vCash: 50
You guys are almost as bad as Canucks fans with bumping the Kassian vs Hodgson thread

LPH is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 11:17 AM
  #230
TmlHockeyFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,827
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonMorrison View Post
Now Kadri blocks huge shots. Does it all.
I missed that game. Is there a clip showing him blocking that huge shot in Washington?

TmlHockeyFan is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 11:28 AM
  #231
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,928
vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
You guys are almost as bad as Canucks fans with bumping the Kassian vs Hodgson thread
I think there is a pretty big difference as no one called Kassian a bust since the minute he couldn't make the team at 19.

TheHudlinator is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 11:35 AM
  #232
vanwest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,348
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReimerForPM View Post
So far this year its:

B. Schenn: 1g, 4a, 5pts

Nazem Kadri: 3g, 5a, 8pts

Man, Kadri is such a bust
If you project that over a 48 game season and knock out Wednesday night games and games in which there was a full moon and then divide by the square of the hypotenuse over pi, then Kadri appears to be on track to be the best rookie ever. On the flip side though I project Kessel to end up with zero goals while having the most shots. Magic 8 ball also confirms all of this.

vanwest is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 11:36 AM
  #233
LPH
[hello] :)
 
LPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 44,771
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
I think there is a pretty big difference as no one called Kassian a bust since the minute he couldn't make the team at 19.
really? I heard consistently that we got fleeced by Buffalo for a lazy player. Kadri is a good player, and has his detractors and supporters, same as Kassian. Bumping either thread after every game is a but silly imo

LPH is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 11:36 AM
  #234
BonMorrison
Soco Amaretto Lime
 
BonMorrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,442
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TmlHockeyFan View Post
I missed that game. Is there a clip showing him blocking that huge shot in Washington?
This is the one from the Carolina game:

http://video.mapleleafs.nhl.com/vide...198782&lang=en

The one against the Caps was better though.

BonMorrison is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 11:38 AM
  #235
bobbyflex
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,392
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReimerForPM View Post
So far this year its:

B. Schenn: 1g, 4a, 5pts

Nazem Kadri: 3g, 5a, 8pts

Man, Kadri is such a bust
i'm ecstatic about Kadri too but don't get too cocky. That's a ridiculously small sample

bobbyflex is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 11:40 AM
  #236
TmlHockeyFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,827
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonMorrison View Post
This is the one from the Carolina game:

http://video.mapleleafs.nhl.com/vide...198782&lang=en

The one against the Caps was better though.
Yeah I wanted to see the Caps one because I'm hearing about it from a lot of Leafs fans.

TmlHockeyFan is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 11:40 AM
  #237
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,928
vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
really? I heard consistently that we got fleeced by Buffalo for a lazy player. Kadri is a good player, and has his detractors and supporters, same as Kassian. Bumping either thread after every game is a but silly imo
Yes but getting fleeced doesn't mean Kassian sucks, and you guys only had 1 offseason to deal with that the Leafs have had 3 years

TheHudlinator is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 11:54 AM
  #238
Pi
Registered User
 
Pi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,577
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyflex View Post
i'm ecstatic about Kadri too but don't get too cocky. That's a ridiculously small sample
I think Leaf fans have a right to be pissed though.

At one point Brayden Schenn was hailed as one of the best prospect in hockey while Kadri was considered to be a bust. When we said there isn't much difference between Schenn and Kadri all people said was:

" Kadri is a bust, he can't even make a terrible Leafs team, Schenn AINEC"

Right now, Kadri is playing center and his line has been our best at creating chances. He blocks shots, he's physical when he needs to be, gritty and creative.

I'll still say there was never much difference between Kadri and Schenn, and 10 games is too small a sample size to say "Kadri >> Schenn."

All Leaf fans ever said was that Kadri is just as good as Schenn and they were ridiculed.

I still think Brayden Schenn is a good hockey player but the "Schenn AINEC," crowd is just insanely stupid.

Pi is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 11:58 AM
  #239
SchennSational1022*
The Future
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Long Island New York
Country: United States
Posts: 3,281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
I think Leaf fans have a right to be pissed though.

At one point Brayden Schenn was hailed as one of the best prospect in hockey while Kadri was considered to be a bust. When we said there isn't much difference between Schenn and Kadri all people said was:

" Kadri is a bust, he can't even make a terrible Leafs team, Schenn AINEC"
Right now, Kadri is playing center and his line has been our best at creating chances. He blocks shots, he's physical when he needs to be, gritty and creative.

I'll still say there was never much difference between Kadri and Schenn, and 10 games is too small a sample size to say "Kadri >> Schenn."

All Leaf fans ever said was that Kadri is just as good as Schenn and they were ridiculed.

I still think Brayden Schenn is a good hockey player but the "Schenn AINEC," crowd is just insanely stupid.

Umm, yeah besides the point that the people calling kadri a bust weren't the same people who called Schenn the best prospect in hockey, meaning they actually have credibility. Anybody who called Kadri a bust was a moron and just somebody on HF. I don't reall one person in the media calling kadri a bust. He wasn't expected to break right into the NHL. You leaf fans get so ******** over what people on this website say. There's a reason theres usually a differance between what credentialed hockey people say, and what morons on this site say. Schenn was the best prospect in hockey, that accounts for something. Kadri was never considered a bust by anybody with credibility.

SchennSational1022* is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 12:05 PM
  #240
vanwest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,348
vCash: 500
Leaf fans are far too sensitive. Every team that has a prospect that doesn't make an impact after a couple of years gets the same treatment. Now, if you were a Canucks' fan and had to endure years of listening to how the Sedins were busts I might have some sympathy.
The bottom line is that many judge young players too quickly. I might add that saying Kadri is great now based on a 10 game sample size is just the flip side of the bust argument.

vanwest is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 12:20 PM
  #241
The Saurus
Registered User
 
The Saurus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Country: United Nations
Posts: 8,231
vCash: 500
Nazem Kadri should serve as an example for the Maple Leafs in terms of developing talent if he is able to continue contributing the way he is.

The Saurus is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 01:55 PM
  #242
LPH
[hello] :)
 
LPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 44,771
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Yes but getting fleeced doesn't mean Kassian sucks, and you guys only had 1 offseason to deal with that the Leafs have had 3 years
Getting fleeced would mean that we got a far inferior player back. Anyways, Kadri has fallen undeserved criticism, but a lot was just a reaction to the insane hype he had initially

Hodgson had come under a lot of criticism after he failed to make our team and played fourth line minutes in the playoffs. Most teams have a guy like this, I have thought Kadri has been good for quite some time, but now I feel that he is getting a little overrated


Last edited by LPH: 02-06-2013 at 02:04 PM.
LPH is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 02:10 PM
  #243
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,928
vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
Getting fleeced would mean that we got a far inferior player back. Anyways, Kadri has fallen undeserved criticism, but a lot was just a reaction to the insane hype he had initially

Hodgson had come under a lot of criticism after he failed to make our team and played fourth line minutes in the playoffs. Most teams have a guy like this, I have thought Kadri has been good for quite some time, but now I feel that he is getting a little overrated
Yea I agree that most teams have a player like this but I disagree with him being overrated (at least from what I have read),he has been one of if not the best forward for Toronto and after the years of "Kadri's a bust" obviously some Leaf fans want to rub it in others faces.

TheHudlinator is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 02:12 PM
  #244
LPH
[hello] :)
 
LPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 44,771
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Yea I agree that most teams have a player like this but I disagree with him being overrated (at least from what I have read),he has been one of if not the best forward for Toronto and after the years of "Kadri's a bust" obviously some Leaf fans want to rub it in others faces.
I just think it's something that should be kept to a team board (same with the Hodgson/Kassian stuff). I'm glad for you guys and Kadri, just don't get carried away is all.

LPH is offline  
Old
02-06-2013, 02:18 PM
  #245
HavlatMach9
Registered User
 
HavlatMach9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,206
vCash: 500
Kadri has gotten so much grief for doing simply what a prospect does, which is develop properly. The entire board would think we were funny for making the most obvious jokes or pretend to make insightful comments when some staff made a comment about his conditioning.

I'm happy Kadri is doing well since Bryan Murray wanted to draft him and he might very well have played for the Sens.

HavlatMach9 is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 11:32 AM
  #246
TmlHockeyFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,827
vCash: 500
Kadri seems to be getting better at faceoffs lately. I would like to seem him in a top six line without sheltered minutes but whatever works best for him.

TmlHockeyFan is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 12:13 PM
  #247
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101
 
The Podium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,018
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TmlHockeyFan View Post
Kadri seems to be getting better at faceoffs lately. I would like to seem him in a top six line without sheltered minutes but whatever works best for him.
Apparently hes been working with Bozak, and watching videos pregame of oppositions centers to help him on the dot. Guy has the work ethic like no other, constantly re-defineing his game so there is no glaring weaknesses. Much more mature and driven then the kid of 3 years ago.

The Podium is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 04:35 PM
  #248
Pucklington
Registered User
 
Pucklington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: canada
Posts: 636
vCash: 500
Oiler fan.

Think Kadri is underappreciated. Never thought much of him, but he definitely changed my mind.

Pucklington is offline  
Old
02-08-2013, 09:00 PM
  #249
TmlHockeyFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,827
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Podium View Post
Apparently hes been working with Bozak, and watching videos pregame of oppositions centers to help him on the dot. Guy has the work ethic like no other, constantly re-defineing his game so there is no glaring weaknesses. Much more mature and driven then the kid of 3 years ago.
I remember when people used to call him lazy and how they used to complain about his bad ethic. Good on Kadri to prove those guys wrong.

TmlHockeyFan is offline  
Old
02-09-2013, 04:17 PM
  #250
TheLeastOfTheBunch
Registered User
 
TheLeastOfTheBunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,198
vCash: 500
Going to be a close points race between the two

TheLeastOfTheBunch is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:47 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.