HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

B.Schenn or N. Kadri

View Poll Results: who puts up more points
B. Schenn 267 57.92%
N. Kadri 194 42.08%
Voters: 461. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-11-2013, 03:17 PM
  #276
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North
 
blasted_Sabre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Muskoka
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,323
vCash: 500
While Kadri has shed his soft "label" hes still not the physical player that Schenn is. Which isnt a bad thing. IMO Kadri will put up more points over his career.

blasted_Sabre is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 08:52 PM
  #277
araisarena
Registered User
 
araisarena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: ann arbor, michigan
Posts: 495
vCash: 500
One player tonight had two points, played chippy, displayed great hands and was on the winning side. The other takes his frustrations out on that same player with a cheap hit late in the game and a face wash. You mad Bro?

araisarena is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 09:14 PM
  #278
BonMorrison
Soco Amaretto Lime
 
BonMorrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,977
vCash: 500
Not trolling,

Flyer fans, what did you think of Kadri? I personally thought Schenn looked good in a tough loss. He was great on the boards and I thought he was a legitimate threat when he was on the ice.

BonMorrison is online now  
Old
02-11-2013, 09:21 PM
  #279
Anth93
Registered User
 
Anth93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,702
vCash: 500
Kadri's hands are just phenomenal. So creative out there, glad to see a pick go right for us. We deserved one.

Anth93 is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 09:34 PM
  #280
tml145
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,663
vCash: 500
this vote should be a lot more even

tml145 is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 09:46 PM
  #281
Stizzle
Registered User
 
Stizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,858
vCash: 500
BSchenn was our best player tonight. That isn't saying much, though.

Stizzle is online now  
Old
02-11-2013, 09:47 PM
  #282
Phion Keneuf
Bang Bang
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 28,983
vCash: 500
Kadri was great as usual today. So nifty... Just leaves you in awe. Picked up a couple points.

Schenn was pretty good, terrible team effort by the Flyers though.

Phion Keneuf is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 09:49 PM
  #283
Auzzie19
Registered User
 
Auzzie19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: The North
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,703
vCash: 500
B. Schenn was pretty good tonight, but Kadri was on another level offensively (uses his line mates really well)

Auzzie19 is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 11:00 PM
  #284
Count Von Grabo*
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Halifax
Posts: 980
vCash: 500
omg Naz

Count Von Grabo* is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 11:02 PM
  #285
HappyGilmourr
Registered User
 
HappyGilmourr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Milton
Posts: 5,546
vCash: 500
Before this season B.Schenn. As of today I'm taking Kadri and it's not because i'm a leaf fan. Kadri is developing into something special right in front of us. His shiftiness and ability to creative offence is pretty amazing to watch.

HappyGilmourr is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 11:03 PM
  #286
12345*
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 735
vCash: 500
BSchenn vs Kadri is a matter of what you are looking. Schenn has a much higher 2 way game, shutdown guy, versatility. Kadri has a more advanced offensive skill set and offensive IQ. If I needed scoring, Kadri. If I need a shutdown man playing against other top lines, Schenn. Both are excellent players.

Can I have both on the Leafs?

12345* is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 11:08 PM
  #287
Phion Keneuf
Bang Bang
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 28,983
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12345 View Post
BSchenn vs Kadri is a matter of what you are looking. Schenn has a much higher 2 way game, shutdown guy, versatility. Kadri has a more advanced offensive skill set and offensive IQ. If I needed scoring, Kadri. If I need a shutdown man playing against other top lines, Schenn. Both are excellent players.

Can I have both on the Leafs?
The thing is, it's not only that

Schenn can score as well, and Kadri can play defense/grind it out as well. But I agree with what you said

Both players will be great with a solid overall game. Both players have looked like top players on their respective teams already as 21/22 year olds.

Phion Keneuf is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 11:17 PM
  #288
billybudd
5 Mike Rupps
 
billybudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 13,346
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12345 View Post
BSchenn vs Kadri is a matter of what you are looking. Schenn has a much higher 2 way game, shutdown guy, versatility. Kadri has a more advanced offensive skill set and offensive IQ. If I needed scoring, Kadri. If I need a shutdown man playing against other top lines, Schenn. Both are excellent players.

Can I have both on the Leafs?
The only Flyer forwards demonstrably worse than Schenn defensively last season were Harry Zolnierczyk (a minor leaguer), Zac Rinaldo (a shift disturber) and Jody Shelley (a goon). Briere was a little better, but not by much, and he's famously an indifferent defensive player. This season, the only two forwards on the Flyers who have been deployed by Laviolette in a less defensive capacity than Schenn are Hartnell and, once again, Shelley. Laviolette doesn't deploy him in the offensive zone against bad players because he's got a solid two-way game. Laviolette uses him that way because he doesn't.

That this guy is a solid two-way forward is a myth. That he's a shut-down player, a joke. He's not Sean Couturier and he's not gonna be.

billybudd is online now  
Old
02-11-2013, 11:34 PM
  #289
araisarena
Registered User
 
araisarena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: ann arbor, michigan
Posts: 495
vCash: 500
I've watched Schenn while with the Brandon Wheat Kings and I liked him going into the 09 draft, but I liked him because of the offense he provided. I think he's going to be a good point producer in this league, but the games I've watched with him on the Flyers/brandon, I don't see this so called 2 way game. He's physical as in the sense that he'll dish the hit but Schenn is somewhat of a permeter guy. You get the myths of him being defensive conscious and physical because he played in the WHL but it isn't that way. He can take a hit and dish one but he isn't overly physical. In terms of physicality I've seen Kadri go to the dirty areas more to score than Schenn, I've seen more creativity from Kadri than Schenn, Kadri has better hands, skating ability is about the same, shot about the same, but Schenn has gained this fan base and the notoriety that he's a good old western canadian kid and its driven his hype a little. Watching both these two at the world juniors there is a reason why Schenn and Henrique were demoted after Kadri started out as the 13th forward and its because when you want offense and you want creativity, Kads will provide it. Before I'm called a homer or a super fan, I've watched 100+ game of Kadri, roughly 30+ of Schenns.

araisarena is offline  
Old
02-11-2013, 11:42 PM
  #290
HockeyThoughts
Delivering The Truth
 
HockeyThoughts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,982
vCash: 1550
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybudd View Post
The only Flyer forwards demonstrably worse than Schenn defensively last season were Harry Zolnierczyk (a minor leaguer), Zac Rinaldo (a shift disturber) and Jody Shelley (a goon). Briere was a little better, but not by much, and he's famously an indifferent defensive player. This season, the only two forwards on the Flyers who have been deployed by Laviolette in a less defensive capacity than Schenn are Hartnell and, once again, Shelley. Laviolette doesn't deploy him in the offensive zone against bad players because he's got a solid two-way game. Laviolette uses him that way because he doesn't.

That this guy is a solid two-way forward is a myth. That he's a shut-down player, a joke. He's not Sean Couturier and he's not gonna be.
Hits = Defense to a lot of people.

The comparison to Mike Richards and the eventual trade that involved the very same two players (Schenn & Richards) seems to give the illusion that Brayden Schenn is simply a younger Mike Richards.

HockeyThoughts is online now  
Old
02-12-2013, 12:29 AM
  #291
flyershockey
Registered User
 
flyershockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,600
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybudd View Post
The only Flyer forwards demonstrably worse than Schenn defensively last season were Harry Zolnierczyk (a minor leaguer), Zac Rinaldo (a shift disturber) and Jody Shelley (a goon). Briere was a little better, but not by much, and he's famously an indifferent defensive player. This season, the only two forwards on the Flyers who have been deployed by Laviolette in a less defensive capacity than Schenn are Hartnell and, once again, Shelley. Laviolette doesn't deploy him in the offensive zone against bad players because he's got a solid two-way game. Laviolette uses him that way because he doesn't.

That this guy is a solid two-way forward is a myth. That he's a shut-down player, a joke. He's not Sean Couturier and he's not gonna be.
While Schenn isn't Couturier defensively, he's considerably better than you give him credit for. The fact that you mention Briere as being better is just mind boggling since Briere might be one of the top five worst defensive forwards in the entire NHL. He's got a lot of the effort that you need defensively, he just needs to learn to be better positionally. He oftens chases the play instead of dictating where the forwards go in the defensive zone.

I've watched three Leafs games this year and Kadri has impressed me every time. I don't often make judgements about players until I see them at the NHL because I don't watch a lot of juniors or college, but this guy is shifty to say the least. He's got a great skillset and isn't afraid to go to the dirty areas of the ice to get some cheap ones. Very solid looking player the Leafs have.

I wasn't terribly impressed with the first five or so games of the season from Schenn, but he's really been on a tear for the last six or seven. I think he was just getting back into the speed of the NHL game compared to the AHL where he spent the lockout. He's been very solid, and at times, he's been the best forward on the ice for the Flyers.

flyershockey is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 07:11 AM
  #292
Oiltankjob Fail
Registered User
 
Oiltankjob Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 6,693
vCash: 50
Kadri sure seems to have great offensive instincts , thought he was supposed to be a bust?

Oiltankjob Fail is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 09:22 AM
  #293
Stizzle
Registered User
 
Stizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,858
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
While Schenn isn't Couturier defensively, he's considerably better than you give him credit for. The fact that you mention Briere as being better is just mind boggling since Briere might be one of the top five worst defensive forwards in the entire NHL. He's got a lot of the effort that you need defensively, he just needs to learn to be better positionally. He oftens chases the play instead of dictating where the forwards go in the defensive zone.
Agreed, the line about Briere being better than Schenn defensively is in left field. Briere is atrocious defensively, Schenn is average. I think most of the reason BSchenn looks sheltered defensively by Lavvy is because Couturier is so good, and always draws those assignments. Giroux then receives the other portion of tough defensive assignments.

Stizzle is online now  
Old
02-12-2013, 10:04 AM
  #294
Dark Knight
ScorchedEarthRebuild
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,309
vCash: 500
Nazem Kadri is making a lot of posters here eat crow.

Guy is backchecking, hitting, providing offense and playing a solid defensive game. He's a very good player.

I still think they're both equal in value, but I've taken a stance that if a deal of Schenn for Kadri was offered to me, I won't take it from a Toronto's perspective.

Both teams are happy with what they have. But we can safely say Kadri is not a bust.

It took him some time to get comfortable for what was asked of him, and Dallas Eakins did a great job with him. Some prospects take time; just look at the Red Wings prospect who are given ample time in the minors and don't graduate until there is nothing left to prove.

__________________
http://www.turbozone.ca/wp-content/uploads/Turbozone_for-postup.jpg

Last edited by Dark Knight: 02-12-2013 at 10:10 AM.
Dark Knight is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 01:17 PM
  #295
Kulemon
Registered User
 
Kulemon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,603
vCash: 500
He's leading our team in scoring (I think) and he's consistently playing on the third line. With 11 points in 13 games. That is pretty freaking good. Imagine what he could do with first line minutes playing with Kessel and JVR.

Kulemon is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 01:32 PM
  #296
HockeyGuruPitka
Registered User
 
HockeyGuruPitka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,070
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulemon View Post
He's leading our team in scoring (I think) and he's consistently playing on the third line. With 11 points in 13 games. That is pretty freaking good. Imagine what he could do with first line minutes playing with Kessel and JVR.
Kadri NEEDS to stay with Frattin

HockeyGuruPitka is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 01:38 PM
  #297
FishManSam
Bobs Yummy Burgers!
 
FishManSam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: I Bet You Hate T.O
Country: Croatia
Posts: 5,582
vCash: 500
So far this year, Kadri has produced more, has a better faceoff % and a better +/- with less TOI. That said, I think they both do have similar value right now, but I would prefer Kadri on my team.

I love his skill, energy, hustle and passion.

FishManSam is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 02:50 PM
  #298
Kulemon
Registered User
 
Kulemon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,603
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
Kadri NEEDS to stay with Frattin
Ehh. Atleast give him more ice time and maybe try Kessel with them.

Kulemon is offline  
Old
02-12-2013, 04:33 PM
  #299
Linden
[hello] :)
 
Linden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 47,995
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulemon View Post
Ehh. Atleast give him more ice time and maybe try Kessel with them.
who would of thought people would be advocating Kessel with Frattin and Kadri of all people.

this is why I love predicting things, sometimes you're wrong and the occasional time you're right, but it's just fun to see how things turn out

Linden is online now  
Old
02-12-2013, 07:21 PM
  #300
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?
 
Roo Mad Bro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,611
vCash: 500
Another deflection goal for Schenn.

7 pts in 7 games and is now tied for the team lead in scoring (9 pts).

Two great young players.

Roo Mad Bro is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:27 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.