HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

B.Schenn or N. Kadri

View Poll Results: who puts up more points
B. Schenn 267 57.92%
N. Kadri 194 42.08%
Voters: 461. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
02-11-2013, 03:17 PM
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

vCash: 500
While Kadri has shed his soft "label" hes still not the physical player that Schenn is. Which isnt a bad thing. IMO Kadri will put up more points over his career.

Old
02-11-2013, 08:52 PM
araisarena

One player tonight had two points, played chippy, displayed great hands and was on the winning side. The other takes his frustrations out on that same player with a cheap hit late in the game and a face wash. You mad Bro?

Old
02-11-2013, 09:14 PM
BonMorrison
Soco Amaretto Lime

Not trolling,

Flyer fans, what did you think of Kadri? I personally thought Schenn looked good in a tough loss. He was great on the boards and I thought he was a legitimate threat when he was on the ice.

Old
02-11-2013, 09:21 PM
Anth93

Kadri's hands are just phenomenal. So creative out there, glad to see a pick go right for us. We deserved one.

Old
02-11-2013, 09:34 PM
tml145

this vote should be a lot more even

Old
02-11-2013, 09:46 PM
Stizzle

BSchenn was our best player tonight. That isn't saying much, though.

Old
02-11-2013, 09:47 PM
Phion Keneuf
Bang Bang

Kadri was great as usual today. So nifty... Just leaves you in awe. Picked up a couple points.

Schenn was pretty good, terrible team effort by the Flyers though.

Old
02-11-2013, 09:49 PM
Auzzie19

B. Schenn was pretty good tonight, but Kadri was on another level offensively (uses his line mates really well)

Old
02-11-2013, 11:00 PM
Count Von Grabo*

omg Naz

Old
02-11-2013, 11:02 PM
HappyGilmourr

Before this season B.Schenn. As of today I'm taking Kadri and it's not because i'm a leaf fan. Kadri is developing into something special right in front of us. His shiftiness and ability to creative offence is pretty amazing to watch.

Old
02-11-2013, 11:03 PM
12345*

BSchenn vs Kadri is a matter of what you are looking. Schenn has a much higher 2 way game, shutdown guy, versatility. Kadri has a more advanced offensive skill set and offensive IQ. If I needed scoring, Kadri. If I need a shutdown man playing against other top lines, Schenn. Both are excellent players.

Can I have both on the Leafs?

Old
02-11-2013, 11:08 PM
Phion Keneuf
Bang Bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12345 View Post
BSchenn vs Kadri is a matter of what you are looking. Schenn has a much higher 2 way game, shutdown guy, versatility. Kadri has a more advanced offensive skill set and offensive IQ. If I needed scoring, Kadri. If I need a shutdown man playing against other top lines, Schenn. Both are excellent players.

The thing is, it's not only that

Schenn can score as well, and Kadri can play defense/grind it out as well. But I agree with what you said

Both players will be great with a solid overall game. Both players have looked like top players on their respective teams already as 21/22 year olds.

Old
02-11-2013, 11:17 PM
billybudd
5 Mike Rupps

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12345 View Post

The only Flyer forwards demonstrably worse than Schenn defensively last season were Harry Zolnierczyk (a minor leaguer), Zac Rinaldo (a shift disturber) and Jody Shelley (a goon). Briere was a little better, but not by much, and he's famously an indifferent defensive player. This season, the only two forwards on the Flyers who have been deployed by Laviolette in a less defensive capacity than Schenn are Hartnell and, once again, Shelley. Laviolette doesn't deploy him in the offensive zone against bad players because he's got a solid two-way game. Laviolette uses him that way because he doesn't.

That this guy is a solid two-way forward is a myth. That he's a shut-down player, a joke. He's not Sean Couturier and he's not gonna be.

Old
02-11-2013, 11:34 PM
araisarena

I've watched Schenn while with the Brandon Wheat Kings and I liked him going into the 09 draft, but I liked him because of the offense he provided. I think he's going to be a good point producer in this league, but the games I've watched with him on the Flyers/brandon, I don't see this so called 2 way game. He's physical as in the sense that he'll dish the hit but Schenn is somewhat of a permeter guy. You get the myths of him being defensive conscious and physical because he played in the WHL but it isn't that way. He can take a hit and dish one but he isn't overly physical. In terms of physicality I've seen Kadri go to the dirty areas more to score than Schenn, I've seen more creativity from Kadri than Schenn, Kadri has better hands, skating ability is about the same, shot about the same, but Schenn has gained this fan base and the notoriety that he's a good old western canadian kid and its driven his hype a little. Watching both these two at the world juniors there is a reason why Schenn and Henrique were demoted after Kadri started out as the 13th forward and its because when you want offense and you want creativity, Kads will provide it. Before I'm called a homer or a super fan, I've watched 100+ game of Kadri, roughly 30+ of Schenns.

Old
02-11-2013, 11:42 PM
HockeyThoughts
Delivering The Truth

vCash: 1550
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybudd View Post
The only Flyer forwards demonstrably worse than Schenn defensively last season were Harry Zolnierczyk (a minor leaguer), Zac Rinaldo (a shift disturber) and Jody Shelley (a goon). Briere was a little better, but not by much, and he's famously an indifferent defensive player. This season, the only two forwards on the Flyers who have been deployed by Laviolette in a less defensive capacity than Schenn are Hartnell and, once again, Shelley. Laviolette doesn't deploy him in the offensive zone against bad players because he's got a solid two-way game. Laviolette uses him that way because he doesn't.

That this guy is a solid two-way forward is a myth. That he's a shut-down player, a joke. He's not Sean Couturier and he's not gonna be.
Hits = Defense to a lot of people.

The comparison to Mike Richards and the eventual trade that involved the very same two players (Schenn & Richards) seems to give the illusion that Brayden Schenn is simply a younger Mike Richards.

Old
02-12-2013, 12:29 AM
flyershockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybudd View Post

While Schenn isn't Couturier defensively, he's considerably better than you give him credit for. The fact that you mention Briere as being better is just mind boggling since Briere might be one of the top five worst defensive forwards in the entire NHL. He's got a lot of the effort that you need defensively, he just needs to learn to be better positionally. He oftens chases the play instead of dictating where the forwards go in the defensive zone.

I've watched three Leafs games this year and Kadri has impressed me every time. I don't often make judgements about players until I see them at the NHL because I don't watch a lot of juniors or college, but this guy is shifty to say the least. He's got a great skillset and isn't afraid to go to the dirty areas of the ice to get some cheap ones. Very solid looking player the Leafs have.

I wasn't terribly impressed with the first five or so games of the season from Schenn, but he's really been on a tear for the last six or seven. I think he was just getting back into the speed of the NHL game compared to the AHL where he spent the lockout. He's been very solid, and at times, he's been the best forward on the ice for the Flyers.

Old
02-12-2013, 07:11 AM
Oiltankjob Fail

vCash: 50
Kadri sure seems to have great offensive instincts , thought he was supposed to be a bust?

Old
02-12-2013, 09:22 AM
Stizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
While Schenn isn't Couturier defensively, he's considerably better than you give him credit for. The fact that you mention Briere as being better is just mind boggling since Briere might be one of the top five worst defensive forwards in the entire NHL. He's got a lot of the effort that you need defensively, he just needs to learn to be better positionally. He oftens chases the play instead of dictating where the forwards go in the defensive zone.
Agreed, the line about Briere being better than Schenn defensively is in left field. Briere is atrocious defensively, Schenn is average. I think most of the reason BSchenn looks sheltered defensively by Lavvy is because Couturier is so good, and always draws those assignments. Giroux then receives the other portion of tough defensive assignments.

Old
02-12-2013, 10:04 AM
Dark Knight
ScorchedEarthRebuild

Nazem Kadri is making a lot of posters here eat crow.

Guy is backchecking, hitting, providing offense and playing a solid defensive game. He's a very good player.

I still think they're both equal in value, but I've taken a stance that if a deal of Schenn for Kadri was offered to me, I won't take it from a Toronto's perspective.

Both teams are happy with what they have. But we can safely say Kadri is not a bust.

It took him some time to get comfortable for what was asked of him, and Dallas Eakins did a great job with him. Some prospects take time; just look at the Red Wings prospect who are given ample time in the minors and don't graduate until there is nothing left to prove.

Last edited by Dark Knight: 02-12-2013 at 10:10 AM.
Old
02-12-2013, 01:17 PM
Kulemon

He's leading our team in scoring (I think) and he's consistently playing on the third line. With 11 points in 13 games. That is pretty freaking good. Imagine what he could do with first line minutes playing with Kessel and JVR.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:32 PM
HockeyGuruPitka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulemon View Post
He's leading our team in scoring (I think) and he's consistently playing on the third line. With 11 points in 13 games. That is pretty freaking good. Imagine what he could do with first line minutes playing with Kessel and JVR.
Kadri NEEDS to stay with Frattin

Old
02-12-2013, 01:38 PM
FishManSam
Bobs Yummy Burgers!

So far this year, Kadri has produced more, has a better faceoff % and a better +/- with less TOI. That said, I think they both do have similar value right now, but I would prefer Kadri on my team.

I love his skill, energy, hustle and passion.

Old
02-12-2013, 02:50 PM
Kulemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
Kadri NEEDS to stay with Frattin
Ehh. Atleast give him more ice time and maybe try Kessel with them.

Old
02-12-2013, 04:33 PM
Linden
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulemon View Post
Ehh. Atleast give him more ice time and maybe try Kessel with them.
who would of thought people would be advocating Kessel with Frattin and Kadri of all people.

this is why I love predicting things, sometimes you're wrong and the occasional time you're right, but it's just fun to see how things turn out

Old
02-12-2013, 07:21 PM
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?

Another deflection goal for Schenn.

7 pts in 7 games and is now tied for the team lead in scoring (9 pts).

Two great young players.

Closed Thread